Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica

+13
Konaxookami
shezaei-neko
SpiralDasher
SoulEaterHaruhis0s
iRenji0713
Abicion
Lerena
Chibi Rachy
GhibliFreek
Chaglette
Luu Sky Sapphire
Kyubey Mittens
Kino karutta-chan
17 posters

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Go down

Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica - Page 7 Empty Re: Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Wed Jun 03, 2015 1:47 pm

You'll love the English dub of Madoka in it's entirety, Franny. It's one of the best dubs ever recorded. Aniplex made punish it's fans with ridiculous high prices for their DVD/Blu Rays, but the presentation and voice work is top notch.

Cristina Vee as Homura-chan is second to none. Madoka x Homura
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Bubuzuke points : 42532
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2524

http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by franticfranz Sat Jun 06, 2015 1:14 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:You'll love the English dub of Madoka in it's entirety, Franny. It's one of the best dubs ever recorded. Aniplex made punish it's fans with ridiculous high prices for their DVD/Blu Rays, but the presentation and voice work is top notch.

So agreeing on this.

And I am getting the Rebellion DVD the English dubbed version in a couple of weeks so *flails and fangirls all over*

And belated happy birthday to my beloved Mami-san! June 5th is her canon birthday so all was yellow and brown during that day!!

Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica - Page 7 OoR4K
franticfranz
franticfranz
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Bubuzuke points : 2192
Armitage GUTS!!! : 273

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Sun Jun 07, 2015 11:55 pm

franticfranz wrote:
Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:You'll love the English dub of Madoka in it's entirety, Franny. It's one of the best dubs ever recorded. Aniplex made punish it's fans with ridiculous high prices for their DVD/Blu Rays, but the presentation and voice work is top notch.

So agreeing on this.

And I am getting the Rebellion DVD the English dubbed version in a couple of weeks so *flails and fangirls all over*

And belated happy birthday to my beloved Mami-san! June 5th is her canon birthday so all was yellow and brown during that day!!

Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica - Page 7 OoR4K

Happy Birthday Mami-san! You'll never be headless to me! GRANDE CHIE

I'd love to show Rebellion to all the Mai-Multiverse members at Otakon. But I cannot, since none of them have watched the Madoka series yet. Not even Deppy! Surprisingly! O_o
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Bubuzuke points : 42532
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2524

http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMikoto Sat Jul 29, 2017 1:33 pm

I am surprised I did not reply on this anime/thread yet.

This was one of my favorites of the time, topping everything from Death Note, to Sword Art Online. The only thing I have not seen for Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica though is the third movie, which features Sayaka's transformation sequence on ice skates! :D

The anime was really fun to watch at the time. An animation/art style that seemed newer to me. Some scenes stood out to me in ... an almost ... nostalgic ... way. Like Sayaka and Madoka when they were in the CD store listening to music. I love (Slice of Life) anime, and the more-casual settings they hold. ^_^

Okay, so for my thoughts on some of the story-line itself. This was my first in-take of a magical girl anime that had darker themes in it. Becoming a contracted magical girl would mean having the soul concealed within a crystal gem of sorta. The soul was nothing more than a container. An outer wear of ones self. Meaning there was an emptiness from within each Puella Magi.

Grief Seeds being used to purify the soul gems was a neat thing. But bore so much sorrow and despair due to the consequences of not cleaning it. This is one of the despairs and sorrows of Sayaka Miki.

I DID NOT like how so many of my friends at the time would hate on Kyoko Sakura. The pocky eating, hot-head. I mean, I felt that her backstory with her cultist father, and the despair that she shared in conjunction to that of Sayaka's was both believable, and heart breaking, even though Sayaka's despair and detachment was much more resonating to me personally than Sakura's.

Episode 7 continues to be my favorite for Sayaka going into action with her sword-weapon as a magical girl. Sayaka continues to be one of the most despairing female anime characters I've ever come across in anime due to her feelings actually never being seen or recognized by Kyousuke. Sad

ShadowMikoto
ShadowMikoto
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 537
Armitage GUTS!!! : 82

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7