Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'Cause Everyone Haz Questions~!

+26
*BlackRose*
Dead.And.Alive
burande fujino
BMeph
Twi
hildebrant
The Fire Stirring Ruby
ATHENAx514
Twisted Eternal Wolvetta
Chaglette
IlliterateKoi
CaptainVonCookie
SpiralDasher
Cheshire Kat
Kyubey Mittens
MissSoccerNinja
Sergay Tate
depression76
Kino karutta-chan
ookamidesu
MidnightPersona
Luu Sky Sapphire
Lerena
GoldenSun13
Valkyria Lightning
Yuri-hime
30 posters

Page 5 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10 ... 15  Next

Go down

'Cause Everyone Haz Questions~! - Page 5 Empty Re: 'Cause Everyone Haz Questions~!

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:13 pm

IlliterateKoi wrote:Lmao XD I'm tempted to not tell you and just let you wonder what the hell it is >:3

But I'll be nice Razz haha I'm from Manchester, therefore I am a Mancunian. Very simple really Wink

There must be more to it...*stares at you with suspicion* >:3
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Bubuzuke points : 42532
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2524

http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

'Cause Everyone Haz Questions~! - Page 5 Empty Re: 'Cause Everyone Haz Questions~!

Post by IlliterateKoi Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:19 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
IlliterateKoi wrote:Lmao XD I'm tempted to not tell you and just let you wonder what the hell it is >:3

But I'll be nice Razz haha I'm from Manchester, therefore I am a Mancunian. Very simple really Wink

There must be more to it...*stares at you with suspicion* >:3

Don't you trust me? >:3
IlliterateKoi
IlliterateKoi
Goldfish wanker of Camelot

Bubuzuke points : 4261
Armitage GUTS!!! : 441

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:21 pm

IlliterateKoi wrote:Don't you trust me? >:3

You wear the pervy Kaichou avatar. You're an enigma wrapped in suspicion, young lady. >:'3 I don't know what to think.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by IlliterateKoi Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:35 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
You wear the pervy Kaichou avatar. You're an enigma wrapped in suspicion, young lady. >:'3 I don't know what to think.

Haha, I'm a very honest person!...most of the time anyway Razz And if you don't trust me, trust Google, it is your friend Wink
IlliterateKoi
IlliterateKoi

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:51 pm

IlliterateKoi wrote:Haha, I'm a very honest person!...most of the time anyway Razz And if you don't trust me, trust Google, it is your friend Wink

>;3 Google beings me pronz. You win this round, Koi...

Shizuru Kaichou Mou...Koi-san is so devious~
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Chaglette Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:54 am

In Mai Hime there was a part where they introduced the ribbon tying thing that makes things come true. Can someone explain what's the whole thing about? o.o
Chaglette
Chaglette
Archmeister of Fujinoism
Archmeister of Fujinoism

Bubuzuke points : 4959
Armitage GUTS!!! : 1293

Back to top Go down

Post by IlliterateKoi Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:24 pm

Nagi wrote:In Mai Hime there was a part where they introduced the ribbon tying thing that makes things come true. Can someone explain what's the whole thing about? o.o

I could well be making this entire thing up, since I haven’t watched Mai HiME in quite some time, and I may have actually picked this up from somewhere else lol BUT...

As far as I'm aware the whole ribbon tying thing relates back to previous Carnivals, where the HiME would tie ribbons to pray for their MIP. By the time it got to this Carnival, it had become some sort of tradition to do with the festival, and people basically tied ribbons with the name of the person they love in the shrine, in the hopes that it would bring them luck, and that they would be together etc etc.

I don't know if any such thing actually exists in Japan as part of a festival, but I'm sure there are similar things.

As I said, don't hold me to this information though ^_^;
IlliterateKoi
IlliterateKoi

Back to top Go down

Post by Twisted Eternal Wolvetta Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:20 pm

IlliterateKoi wrote:
Nagi wrote:In Mai Hime there was a part where they introduced the ribbon tying thing that makes things come true. Can someone explain what's the whole thing about? o.o

I could well be making this entire thing up, since I haven’t watched Mai HiME in quite some time, and I may have actually picked this up from somewhere else lol BUT...

As far as I'm aware the whole ribbon tying thing relates back to previous Carnivals, where the HiME would tie ribbons to pray for their MIP. By the time it got to this Carnival, it had become some sort of tradition to do with the festival, and people basically tied ribbons with the name of the person they love in the shrine, in the hopes that it would bring them luck, and that they would be together etc etc.

I don't know if any such thing actually exists in Japan as part of a festival, but I'm sure there are similar things.

I bet there is, since the Asians have the festivals for sending out paper boats and all of that, so it wouldn't surprise me whatsoever.

What interests me though is if these charms moved over to Earl in a sense, by the energy I mean - since there is that OVA of Arika and Erstin going to Fuuka and it shows the temple. I'd adore Sunrise to explain everything, but everyone knows they are a super troll for leaving plot holes all over the place to make us fall into them and then argue amongst one another into believing such and such of a belief.

-

What the hell was that ship in the Arika/Erstin OVA anyway?! Was Fumi secretly building an ark to travel over to Earl or something?!

Akira Okuzaki She made us get into pairs and then separate into groups, it was almost as if we were being sent off to form new civilizations.

Twisted Eternal Wolvetta
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 708
Armitage GUTS!!! : 188

Back to top Go down

Post by Sergay Tate Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:09 pm

IlliterateKoi wrote:

that sounds pretty much spot on to me. i haven't watched Mai HiME in a while either though, but from what i can remember about this bit this sounds pretty much dead on target Arika Yumemiya
Sergay Tate
Sergay Tate
Cat Goddess
Cat Goddess

Bubuzuke points : 5920
Armitage GUTS!!! : 724

Back to top Go down

Post by Chaglette Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:18 am

Hmmm... gotcha :) Thanks for the answers!
Chaglette
Chaglette
Archmeister of Fujinoism
Archmeister of Fujinoism

Back to top Go down

Post by depression76 Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:06 am

IlliterateKoi wrote:

The tying ribbon part probably relates to Tanabata where you tied papers, written with your wish, onto a bamboo branch to get it fulfilled by the gods.

It's some sort of tradition in Japan and probably this was incorporated in the anime.
depression76
depression76
White Devil Worshiper
White Devil Worshiper

Bubuzuke points : 7627
Armitage GUTS!!! : 1396

http://daydreamwiththedragon.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by IlliterateKoi Thu Mar 15, 2012 3:05 pm

depression76 wrote:The tying ribbon part probably relates to Tanabata where you tied papers, written with your wish, onto a bamboo branch to get it fulfilled by the gods.

It's some sort of tradition in Japan and probably this was incorporated in the anime.

Yeah, I actually remembered about Tanabata after I’d posted, but was too lazy to edit Razz (Tanabata is the festival around the story of the two lovers who were only allowed to see each other once a year right? And some birds let the girl walk across the water on their wings? ...Please tell me I’m not making this up XD)
IlliterateKoi
IlliterateKoi

Back to top Go down

Post by Lerena Thu Mar 15, 2012 4:46 pm

I always enjoyed the idea of Tanabata. It interests me and I'd do it here if people wouldn't look at me strangely. Maybe I'm just overly self-conscious.

Question: Why do people always get ideas in the bathroom? What is it about the bathroom that makes people think?

As cracktastic as that question is, I'm actually being completely serious.
Lerena
Lerena
The Solitary Slytherin Duelist

Bubuzuke points : 3771
Armitage GUTS!!! : 558
Location : In the middle of a dark void containing me and a laptop with inter-dimensional Internet

Back to top Go down

Post by IlliterateKoi Thu Mar 15, 2012 5:06 pm

Lerena wrote:I always enjoyed the idea of Tanabata. It interests me and I'd do it here if people wouldn't look at me strangely. Maybe I'm just overly self-conscious.

Question: Why do people always get ideas in the bathroom? What is it about the bathroom that makes people think?

As cracktastic as that question is, I'm actually being completely serious.

I’ve actually considered it before as well. A few years ago I just wrote something on a bit of paper, made an origami crane out of it, climbed up a tree and stuffed it in a gap Razz It made me smile to myself haha (even though what I wrote had nothing to do with family or health, which is what the crane signifies...I think I should stop being so lazy and actually look things up before posting XD

As for the bathroom thing...maybe because it’s generally quiet and you’re on your own? The bathroom seems to be the only place I get some time to myself these days ¬.¬

Or perhaps it’s just because there’s nothing better to do *shrugs*

IlliterateKoi
IlliterateKoi

Back to top Go down

Post by Lerena Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:10 pm

IlliterateKoi wrote:As for the bathroom thing...maybe because it’s generally quiet and you’re on your own? The bathroom seems to be the only place I get some time to myself these days ¬.¬

I came up with a theory myself actually. Maybe this is related to your response, but I suspect it has something to do with the privacy people have in there. It's not likely someone will bother you in the bathroom, so you're free to think in peace.
Lerena
Lerena

Location : In the middle of a dark void containing me and a laptop with inter-dimensional Internet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sergay Tate Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:25 pm

Lerena wrote:
IlliterateKoi wrote:As for the bathroom thing...maybe because it’s generally quiet and you’re on your own? The bathroom seems to be the only place I get some time to myself these days ¬.¬

I came up with a theory myself actually. Maybe this is related to your response, but I suspect it has something to do with the privacy people have in there. It's not likely someone will bother you in the bathroom, so you're free to think in peace.

much like ideas in the shower
Sergay Tate
Sergay Tate
Cat Goddess
Cat Goddess

Back to top Go down

Post by Chaglette Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:10 am

Sergay Tate wrote:
Lerena wrote:

Maybe that's one of the reasons why people sing in the shower too.
Chaglette
Chaglette
Archmeister of Fujinoism
Archmeister of Fujinoism

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:47 pm

*dances* Have you ever seen a turtle "get down"? 8)
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Sergay Tate Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:21 pm

Nagi wrote:
Sergay Tate wrote:
Lerena wrote:

Maybe that's one of the reasons why people sing in the shower too.

very true!!

@Luu: no sir i have not...
Sergay Tate
Sergay Tate
Cat Goddess
Cat Goddess

Back to top Go down

Post by Chaglette Sun Mar 18, 2012 3:54 am

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:*dances* Have you ever seen a turtle "get down"? 8)

I've only seen a Yukari get down Mikoto Minagi
Chaglette
Chaglette
Archmeister of Fujinoism
Archmeister of Fujinoism

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:46 pm

Nagi wrote:I've only seen a Yukari get down Mikoto Minagi

Which Yukari? The one from Azumanga Daioh? I hope so, I'd do her in a heartbeat. Even during her wild rides.

Akira Okuzaki : See what eye did thar?
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by ATHENAx514 Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:58 am

so Im haveing issues finding some animes on dvd I want and amazon is the only place i go to but does anyone have a btr suggestion. im just weird about entering my card info on a site. amazon has some of the dvds i want but not all and if they do the description is so terrible i dont actually know what i would be getting....any suggestions on sites to buy and send dvds would be most helpful thanks :)
ATHENAx514
ATHENAx514
Fuuka Academy Student
Fuuka Academy Student

Bubuzuke points : 140
Armitage GUTS!!! : 60

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:31 am

ATHENAx514 wrote:so Im haveing issues finding some animes on dvd I want and amazon is the only place i go to but does anyone have a btr suggestion. im just weird about entering my card info on a site. amazon has some of the dvds i want but not all and if they do the description is so terrible i dont actually know what i would be getting....any suggestions on sites to buy and send dvds would be most helpful thanks :)

Well...

http://www.starlightbreaker.com/New_Additions.html

^ If you don't have anything against bootlegs, Starlightbreakers is a great place for anime DVDs and Blu-Ray. The quality for their anime are superb and they are nice enough to give them fancy cases. It's how I got my complete collection of Yuru Yuri and Manyuu Hikenchou. :)
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Chaglette Sat Mar 24, 2012 6:14 am

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
Nagi wrote:I've only seen a Yukari get down Mikoto Minagi

Which Yukari? The one from Azumanga Daioh? I hope so, I'd do her in a heartbeat. Even during her wild rides.

Akira Okuzaki : See what eye did thar?

Nah, I meant Touhou's Yukari XD
Chaglette
Chaglette
Archmeister of Fujinoism
Archmeister of Fujinoism

Back to top Go down

Post by Lerena Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:08 pm

How do leap years work? I mean, yes, you add an extra day to February, but what does that mean for the day you were born? Are most people born on leap years actually born a day later because February doesn't usually have a 29th day? Does my question make any sense? o.o; I've just been wondering this for some random reason.
Lerena
Lerena

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10 ... 15  Next