Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'Cause Everyone Haz Questions~!

+26
*BlackRose*
Dead.And.Alive
burande fujino
BMeph
Twi
hildebrant
The Fire Stirring Ruby
ATHENAx514
Twisted Eternal Wolvetta
Chaglette
IlliterateKoi
CaptainVonCookie
SpiralDasher
Cheshire Kat
Kyubey Mittens
MissSoccerNinja
Sergay Tate
depression76
Kino karutta-chan
ookamidesu
MidnightPersona
Luu Sky Sapphire
Lerena
GoldenSun13
Valkyria Lightning
Yuri-hime
30 posters

Page 2 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next

Go down

'Cause Everyone Haz Questions~! - Page 2 Empty Re: 'Cause Everyone Haz Questions~!

Post by MidnightPersona Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:59 pm

depression76 wrote:
ookamidesu wrote:
Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:I got one for you smart-asses.

How does one turn up missing? If you turn up, you were never missing to begin with. :scratch:

One turns up elsewhere in a destination in which the speaker of said quote is unaware of. So, they turn up... but they are missing. Because the speaker of the quote does not know where one is gone.

It's the equivalent of lose, you see. Just because YOU lose your eraser, doesn't mean that the eraser is lost. The eraser knows perfectly well where is it (if it has consciousness). But because *you* don't know where it is, it is therefore classified as "lost".

But back to the point. Turning up does not necessarily mean that the person has gone to a place where the speaker knows of... or is at. Turning up can simply just be "having gone". So if one has gone missing, then they are missing.

:3

Is that smart-ass enough of an answer?

My god, you just broke my brain :(
but yea you have a point xDD

This is why I love her~ <3
MidnightPersona
MidnightPersona
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

Bubuzuke points : 4253
Armitage GUTS!!! : 798

Back to top Go down

'Cause Everyone Haz Questions~! - Page 2 Empty Re: 'Cause Everyone Haz Questions~!

Post by Yuri-hime Wed Oct 19, 2011 5:54 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
Kino karutta-chan wrote:We had a similiar topic before, so I was so free and merged them together~

:) Thanks, Kino. Although I like the more recent posts better. :)
*necro-thread-merged* >.>!

~~~

Why is there no bloody pot at the end of the rainbow? I looked! It's really not thar! 'Cause Everyone Haz Questions~! - Page 2 111193

Yuri-hime
Coral student
Coral student

Bubuzuke points : 1178
Armitage GUTS!!! : 347

Back to top Go down

Post by Lerena Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:53 pm

Yuri-hime wrote:
Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
Kino karutta-chan wrote:We had a similiar topic before, so I was so free and merged them together~

~~~

Why is there no bloody pot at the end of the rainbow? I looked! It's really not thar! 'Cause Everyone Haz Questions~! - Page 2 111193
Because you're looking for a pot covered in blood instead of a pot of gold, therefore you don't find a pot at all. =3 That's the smartass answer. The realistic answer is that leprechauns don't exist, so the pot of gold isn't at the end of the rainbow.
Lerena
Lerena
The Solitary Slytherin Duelist

Bubuzuke points : 3771
Armitage GUTS!!! : 558
Location : In the middle of a dark void containing me and a laptop with inter-dimensional Internet

Back to top Go down

Post by ookamidesu Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:05 pm

Lerena wrote:
Yuri-hime wrote:
Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:

~~~

Because you're looking for a pot covered in blood instead of a pot of gold, therefore you don't find a pot at all. =3 That's the smartass answer. The realistic answer is that leprechauns don't exist, so the pot of gold isn't at the end of the rainbow.

Alternatively, one could argue that you looked at the start of a rainbow and not the end of the rainbow, and therefore the mysterious pot is not there. You looked on the wrong side. Razz
ookamidesu
ookamidesu
Sexilicious Zhang-papa
Sexilicious Zhang-papa

Bubuzuke points : 8884
Armitage GUTS!!! : 1354

http://jnz5012.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by MidnightPersona Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:39 pm

So, here's a good question...:

What are the best relationships: Meeting irl first, or over the web?

My opinion? The interwebs, cuz you fall for the person and ignore their looks.
MidnightPersona
MidnightPersona
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

Back to top Go down

Post by Lerena Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:19 pm

I think meeting over the web gives the relationship time to grow before the couple meets in person. And since I'm in a long-distance relationship, I obviously pick the Internet and happen to be biased.
Lerena
Lerena

Location : In the middle of a dark void containing me and a laptop with inter-dimensional Internet

Back to top Go down

Post by ookamidesu Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:33 pm

If u meet on the internet, there are quirks about the other person's daily life that you wouldn't know about unless you see it for yourself. Some of those quirks might grate you.

There's good and bad in both.
ookamidesu
ookamidesu
Sexilicious Zhang-papa
Sexilicious Zhang-papa

Bubuzuke points : 8884
Armitage GUTS!!! : 1354

http://jnz5012.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuri-hime Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:32 am

ookamidesu wrote:If u meet on the internet, there are quirks about the other person's daily life that you wouldn't know about unless you see it for yourself. Some of those quirks might grate you.

There's good and bad in both.
^ This.

As someone who has been through both local offline and long-distance online relationships, I have to agree with Ooki on this. Both good and bad has happened in my past meet-the-online-person-offline relationships.

Yuri-hime
Coral student
Coral student

Back to top Go down

Post by MidnightPersona Thu Oct 20, 2011 6:28 pm

For me, I like this meeting someone online thing. Usually I cannot feel real emotions when I meet someone online. Apparently there's an exception to that, no? I like falling for someone without being focused on what they look like.

I am REALLY shallow at times, like srsly. You wouldn't expect it of me, but I am. ._. Not proud of it, but hence why I'd rather not think about physical much before. And then meeting said person makes it all the better...

But leaving fails!

Wait, so what's better? Jedi or Sith?
MidnightPersona
MidnightPersona
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

Back to top Go down

Post by Lerena Thu Oct 20, 2011 6:33 pm

There are good things about online dating and bad things, some of which I have experienced firsthand. You may not be in their time zone, you can't be there if something happens to them, etc etc. I have never met someone online in person; I have never successfully gotten that far. Perhaps that is best. Personally, I just don't like judging someone based on their appearance. Unfortunately, I'm also a bit shallow. ^^"

Jedi or Sith? Hm...I would have to say Jedi. I don't really like Star Wars, so I can't give a good explanation of why I pick this.
Lerena
Lerena

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:28 am

To credit the online dating thing, it's the only time I've fallen in love with someone (Mitchie) rather than have local flings with friends. The internet is a better way to connect with someone's feelings/emotions. Whatever they're typing is their true feelings because the person is home, protected and feels secure. So if they're being lovey dovey with you, it's a special feeling. There's also the fact that they internet is the ultimate source of people with interests like yours, so you're free to pick and choose.

Then comes the bad. Distance. Which isn't a problem for me, although I tried to avoid it after my last break up. Then there's the characteristics of that online person when you actually meet them. Every woman has her own quirks and twists. Mitchie is great but puts passion above principal. Vicky was a mess. So I've been disappointed twice because of online relationships.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Bubuzuke points : 42532
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2524

http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuri-hime Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:49 am

MidnightPersona wrote:Wait, so what's better? Jedi or Sith?
Definitely Sith >:3

Jedi is too goody-two-shoes, and really you just can't beat Sith Force Lightning >D

Love Live Darth Maul Who Got a Bum Rap And Died Too Early!
'Cause Everyone Haz Questions~! - Page 2 DarthMaulWallpaper-1

Yuri-hime
Coral student
Coral student

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:59 am

The Jedi since the Sith never existed for me. :) Long live the untouched Original Trilogy where being a Jedi was about WHO YOU ARE rather than WHAT YOU CAN DO!

'Cause Everyone Haz Questions~! - Page 2 Images11

Don't argue. Ewok. >:3
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by MidnightPersona Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:25 pm

Rogue Jedi for moi~ Me and emotions go together like... well, just yeah. xD Also, Obi-Wan Kenobi is a beast~ Luke is fail.

Why do I answer my own questions later? xD

Question for all: How do you think we would've met without HiME/Otome? Do you think we WOULD have met? How would you/we be different? BE DESCRIPTIVE/DETAILED!
MidnightPersona
MidnightPersona
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Sat Oct 22, 2011 11:18 am

Tell that to ROTJ Luke. ;p Without him, Anakin would still be Sideous' lapdog.

Gee, what two morons does that pair remind us of...hmmm...
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by MidnightPersona Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:33 am

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:Tell that to ROTJ Luke. ;p Without him, Anakin would still be Sideous' lapdog..

I will. I still hate Luke. xD Leia is the shit and coulda done it better, given the chance.

Here's a question: Why?
MidnightPersona
MidnightPersona
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

Back to top Go down

Post by Sergay Tate Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:52 am

MidnightPersona wrote:Question for all: How do you think we would've met without HiME/Otome? Do you think we WOULD have met? How would you/we be different? BE DESCRIPTIVE/DETAILED!

hmmm... given that i live on the other side of the world, it is incredibly unlikely that we would have met. i may have been at the same place as you possibly, but that's about it.

i'd be a touch different, probably would still be a bit more withdrawn, and might be a bit more sour given that MM is an excellent place of joy Arika Yumemiya
Sergay Tate
Sergay Tate
Cat Goddess
Cat Goddess

Bubuzuke points : 5920
Armitage GUTS!!! : 724

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:36 am

MidnightPersona wrote:Here's a question: Why?[/color]

Why not? Nao Yuuki
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Sergay Tate Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:53 am

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
MidnightPersona wrote:Here's a question: Why?[/color]

Why not? Nao Yuuki

touché indeed! fine rebuttal good sir!
Sergay Tate
Sergay Tate
Cat Goddess
Cat Goddess

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:48 am

Sergay Tate wrote:touché indeed! fine rebuttal good sir!

'Cause Everyone Haz Questions~! - Page 2 Take-a-bow-1

Muchas gracias. There's always an answer to everything, no matter how small. Wink
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by MissSoccerNinja Fri Nov 04, 2011 3:33 am

About Yuri-hime's question "What came first, the chicken or the egg?": From an evolutionary standpoint, a chicken could have evolved from another organism which didn't lay "chicken eggs" (eggs that contained baby "chickens"), and then that "newly evolved chicken" could have mated with one of the previous organisms from which it evolved from (if there was only 1 "newly evolved chicken") and the crossed genetics of those organisms produced the modern day "chicken".

I base this on the concept of the modern day "chicken" being the product of a series of mutations.

Based on the above paragraphs, I'm gonna go with the egg (that contained the first modern "chicken", which (the modern "chicken") wouldn't go through enough mutation in future generations to be considered a different species). (Although the cartoon picture with the chicken and egg from earlier in the thread was really funny! XD)

But then, what is the "modern chicken?" What is the "modern human?" ...You guys who overanalyze things definitely aren't alone in doing so...

About Luu's question "How can you turn up missing?": I was going to say "because of incorrect grammar! =P" but.....ookamidesu... O.O ...you are brilliant! *kneels at your feet in worship* ... *realizes how ridiculous I look and gets up*...Er...Yeah...I agree with ookamidesu... =P =]

About MidnightPersona's question "What's better, meeting online or in real life": I agree with ookamidesu again. There are good and bad points to both.

About Luu's question about everybody meeting without MM: I agree with Sergay. Distance and social circumstances could definitely lead towards some of us, especially those of us who are overseas, shy, or both, very unfortunately not meeting... =/ (I'm glad to have been able to meet you guys, or at least to be able to read and respond to your posts....I hope that you guys feel the same, or at least are not completely annoyed with me =P ...)
Without Mai-Hime in general, I never would have found my favorite anime HiME and anime characters Natsuki Kuga Shizuru Fujino .

MissSoccerNinja
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 469
Armitage GUTS!!! : 188

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:37 am

MissSoccerNinja wrote:(I'm glad to have been able to meet you guys, or at least to be able to read and respond to your posts....I hope that you guys feel the same, or at least are not completely annoyed with me =P ...)
Without Mai-Hime in general, I never would have found my favorite anime HiME and anime characters Natsuki Kuga Shizuru Fujino .

:) I can't speak for the others here; just know that I'm grateful to have met you. There's not much I know aside from being a promising young author, but you have offered what I considered the most open minded insight on Mai-HiME related topics. It's people like you that will immortalize this fandom further.

Fandom aside, you have a rich sense of humor that tickles my fancy. :) I'm sold on you, Ninja-chan~
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Sergay Tate Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:46 am

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
MissSoccerNinja wrote:(I'm glad to have been able to meet you guys, or at least to be able to read and respond to your posts....I hope that you guys feel the same, or at least are not completely annoyed with me =P ...)

:) I can't speak for the others here; just know that I'm grateful to have met you. There's not much I know aside from being a promising young author, but you have offered what I considered the most open minded insight on Mai-HiME related topics. It's people like you that will immortalize this fandom further.

Fandom aside, you have a rich sense of humor that tickles my fancy. :) I'm sold on you, Ninja-chan~

to be honest, there isn't a person here that i am not glad i met! (does that even make sense? i'm really tired so don't hate me lol) everyone is fantastic Arika Yumemiya all of you (powers combined!) have gotten me more into the fandom, and just the general anime/manga world. i love it Mikoto Minagi i don't really want to think about what i'd be up to if i hadn't found MM and the excellent people here.
Sergay Tate
Sergay Tate
Cat Goddess
Cat Goddess

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuri-hime Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:15 pm

MissSoccerNinja wrote:
About Yuri-hime's question "What came first, the chicken or the egg?": From an evolutionary standpoint, a chicken could have evolved from another organism which didn't lay "chicken eggs" (eggs that contained baby "chickens"), and then that "newly evolved chicken" could have mated with one of the previous organisms from which it evolved from (if there was only 1 "newly evolved chicken") and the crossed genetics of those organisms produced the modern day "chicken".

I base this on the concept of the modern day "chicken" being the product of a series of mutations.

Based on the above paragraphs, I'm gonna go with the egg (that contained the first modern "chicken", which (the modern "chicken") wouldn't go through enough mutation in future generations to be considered a different species). (Although the cartoon picture with the chicken and egg from earlier in the thread was really funny! XD)

But then, what is the "modern chicken?" What is the "modern human?" ...You guys who overanalyze things definitely aren't alone in doing so...
Brilliant 'Cause Everyone Haz Questions~! - Page 2 A_thumbs

Yuri-hime
Coral student
Coral student

Back to top Go down

Post by MissSoccerNinja Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:08 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:

You flatter me too much. ;P I'm really grateful to have met you too. =] Thanks! More people liking the Mai-series is definitely a good thing! =]

Thanks! I also greatly enjoy your sense of humor! =]

Sergay Tate wrote:
Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:

to be honest, there isn't a person here that i am not glad i met! (does that even make sense? i'm really tired so don't hate me lol) everyone is fantastic Arika Yumemiya all of you (powers combined!) have gotten me more into the fandom, and just the general anime/manga world. i love it Mikoto Minagi i don't really want to think about what i'd be up to if i hadn't found MM and the excellent people here.

You make sense! =]

That's really awesome. =]

Yuri-hime wrote:
MissSoccerNinja wrote:

Brilliant 'Cause Everyone Haz Questions~! - Page 2 A_thumbs

Thanks! =]

I realize that there a few evolutionary ambiguities in my previous suggestion (I'm definitely not an expert on evolutionary biology, or anything for that matter) , but I still think it's the egg because, since there was already an organism that was not a "chicken" that layed the egg of the first "chicken," the first "chicken" would come from that egg. I hope that makes sense...

MissSoccerNinja
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 469
Armitage GUTS!!! : 188

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next