Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Questions surrounding the Mai-Otome universe

+2
SpiderNeKoHiME
Luu Sky Sapphire
6 posters

Go down

Questions surrounding the Mai-Otome universe Empty Questions surrounding the Mai-Otome universe

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Wed Aug 25, 2010 4:25 pm

What's the point of the countdown thing for Otome special attacks? Like Arika's BOLT FROM THE BLUE attack. The fuckk? I know Mai-Otome has more of a magical girl theme going on, but damn. Long attack sequences are so 90s. Only worked for Sailor Moon. I love you

Last edited by Luu Sky Sapphire on Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Bubuzuke points : 42532
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2524

http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Questions surrounding the Mai-Otome universe Empty Re: Questions surrounding the Mai-Otome universe

Post by SpiderNeKoHiME Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:49 am

you're right, i never thought of that. :O
aren't the otome abilities reminiscent of machines?
maybe that's why they need a countdown
it's just for show or something lol like magical girl animations.
SpiderNeKoHiME
SpiderNeKoHiME
Spider Queen
Spider Queen

Bubuzuke points : 1353
Armitage GUTS!!! : 278

Back to top Go down

Questions surrounding the Mai-Otome universe Empty Re: Questions surrounding the Mai-Otome universe

Post by Krystal of Nol Fri Aug 27, 2010 9:15 pm

Cuz there're really powerful attacks they need to charge some energy Wink just like with Natsuki's howling... I don't remember now the exactly name but you know what I'm taking about
Krystal of Nol
Krystal of Nol
ShizNat Queen: cuz is never enough ShizNat!

Bubuzuke points : 1967
Armitage GUTS!!! : 737

http://krystal-of-nol.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Fri Aug 27, 2010 9:51 pm

Krystal of Nol wrote:just like with Natsuki's howling[/color]

Howling Silver Wolf. ^_~
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Krystal of Nol Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:07 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
Howling Silver Wolf. ^_~

Thank you Wink
Krystal of Nol
Krystal of Nol

Bubuzuke points : 1967
Armitage GUTS!!! : 737

http://krystal-of-nol.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by RedEyedWolf Sat Aug 28, 2010 5:53 pm

or like dragon ball! XD they need to charge energy too
RedEyedWolf
RedEyedWolf
Coral student
Coral student

Bubuzuke points : 965
Armitage GUTS!!! : 408

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Sat Aug 28, 2010 6:25 pm

RedEyedWolf wrote:or like dragon ball! XD they need to charge energy too

True. Minus the constipation which Goku and his friends are famous for.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by RedEyedWolf Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:15 pm

haha so i guess it's just more realistic if the charge is there
RedEyedWolf
RedEyedWolf
Coral student
Coral student

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:19 pm

If the character's could just launch an immense attack with no warning, there wouldn't be a lot of fighting ;P

Back to top Go down

Post by RedEyedWolf Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:20 pm

it would just be "BOOM!!!!" .....*dust clears*.... win
RedEyedWolf
RedEyedWolf
Coral student
Coral student

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:21 pm

Haha yeah. Especially with Kruger's giant boom cannon.

Back to top Go down

Post by RedEyedWolf Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:24 pm

oh yeah! the big kruger Boom wins hands down!
RedEyedWolf
RedEyedWolf
Coral student
Coral student

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:28 pm

Definitely!

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:19 pm

I forgot, did Natsuki get to kill anything with her Howling Silver Wolf (the name is so cool, you have to BOLD it!) attack? From what I remember, she missed both times. Please tell me I'm wrong, so I don't tease Kruger for being a sucky shot. :lol:
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Midori Sugiura99 Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:46 pm

I kinda like the countdown thing. Makes it look like the attack is going to kick more ass with its chargin'. I like long attack sequences in general though >>
Midori Sugiura99
Midori Sugiura99
Asami Hikaru aka Komu
Asami Hikaru aka Komu

Bubuzuke points : 4714
Armitage GUTS!!! : 913

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:47 pm

((Ima chargin' mah lazer?))

I liked the countdown as well, the more power behind the attack, the more time it would take to charge.

Back to top Go down

Post by Midori Sugiura99 Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:53 pm

Death Row Kruger wrote:((Ima chargin' mah lazer?))

((LOL Exactly XD))
Midori Sugiura99
Midori Sugiura99
Asami Hikaru aka Komu
Asami Hikaru aka Komu

Bubuzuke points : 4714
Armitage GUTS!!! : 913

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:56 pm

((LOL I hoped you would like that XD))

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:24 pm

bump

;3 Questions from a certain Kurohi that I will copy and paste here. Shizuru Fujino

---

But if Alyssa is Lena's mother, how did she get hold of the Blue Sky Sapphire? So I don't think Alyssa is Lena's mother... lol I spammed the video xD I'm too lazy and inspired by the video to pop into an appropriate thread in Mai Multiverse and chunk it all there~ <3

Heck maybe Lena's mother, Arika's legendary grandma, was actually Alyssa? I think I'm wrong about this part though if you considered the timeline. It could also be that Lena's father had dormant HiME powers from his parents and by chance met Lena's mother (who might have a stronger Searrs bloodline than the other descendants since she's acquainted with Miyu) and had Lena? Her powers awake much more easily than the other HiME descendants.

... the descendants had their HiME blood much more diluted than Alyssa's descendants when she had hers? The other descendants might have lost their HiME powers by the time the Otome era arrived and Alyssa's descendants still have theirs dormant. When ShizNat and the others were reborned into the Otome era they could have lost their powers already but Lena Sayers and Arika still have theirs. Especially in Lena, hers were extremely powerful to the point where she could summon Artemis in a battle.

Here's another theory I suddenly had thought of: What if all the GEMS in Mai Otome had the ability to materialize into their final form but the otome just didn't have the power of the HiME to do so? If you think about it, in Mai HiME Alyssa is just a kid while the other HiME are more or less adults with the exception of Mikoto. Could it be that since they have their descendants (How the hell would ShizNat have children I don't know lol xD) much earlier that Alyssa...

If the Harmonium is related to the Obsidian Prince, it kinda make sense that more would materialize from Nina's robe, since Nina herself does not have any sort of HiME powers. Arika had hers dormant, so she could materialize the final form of the Blue Sky Sapphire. If the Ultimate Black Diamond is a super GEM, the Pure White Diamond should be a super GEM too. Shinso Fumi will need her HiME powers to awaken her final form and sprout wings. Arika didn't have her wings though.

Nina's wings came from the Harmonium after it had a severe reaction from her touch with Arika. Shinso Fumi also had wings from her Pure White Diamond and Lena Sayers had her's from her HiME bloodline, even though she was in her Lofty Crimson Jade robe which was breaking down.

Then again, if I remember correctly wasn't the Ultimate Black Diamond cursed or something? Was Nina's last form the ultimate form of her robe or actually something that came from the Harmonium.

Another thing is, is the harmonium related to the Obsidian Prince? When Nina's weapon transformed when she got connected/possessed by the Harmonium, eyes similar to the ones that appeared on HiME Mikoto and Kagutsuchi's swords appear on Nina's. Also, one of Nina's eyes, the right one I think, changed colours much like manga HiME's Obsidian Takumi.

Somemore things, if the super GEMS sprout wings when there is a certain condition, then who is Shinso Fumi's Master?

Did the Harmonium actually recognised Nina as the Windbloom descendant instead and Arika (when they held hands) the otome? Maybe Arika's dormant higher materializing powers have something to do with this, since Nina sprouted wings and got more of her robe materialized. After she was struck with the Sword of Akatsuki the wings disappeared into golden feathers, much like how Lena's golden wings disappeared in one of the episodes in Sifr.

1. After her contact with Arika aka descendant of the Searrs Bloodline, Nina got connected with the harmonium. Was it because the Harmonium detected the Searrs's blood, which is another essential person needed to fully awaken the harmonium? Then again, if I remembered correctly, the conditions is that you'll need someone from the Windbloom bloodline, an otome and a song.

---

Not sure if they're in the right order (the order could be backwards for all I know! XD ), but I'll be giving my own thoughts on each one soon. Arika Yumemiya
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Magus Phantalus Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:31 pm

I don't think the Hime characters Mai, Natsuki ect. Are descendents but rather reincarnated versions of their Hime counterparts. It would make sense since they don't have any Hime blood in them anymore. A fic I read actually goes into great detail with this theory and bridges the gap between Hime and Otome very well. Even going as far to say the Mikoto(Human) in Otome is the same one from Hime. The process used to turn her into the crystal princess having somewhat altered her memory or something.

The fic is Mai Kisaki and has a prequel(that I haven't read) called the Kyoto Hunt. Like I said it does a very good job at making a case for the reincarnation theory as well as providing a rather tragic link between Duran and Natsuki Otome's element.

Now I really want to read Mai Kisaki again.
Magus Phantalus
Magus Phantalus
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 613
Armitage GUTS!!! : 148

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down