Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bandai Entertainment's English dub for Mai HiME/Otome

+23
Bluholic711
Veronica-Searrs
ookamidesu
Valkyria Lightning
SoulEaterHaruhis0s
bubbleduckie
sarcastic-dog
MidnightPersona
SulliMike23
Sergay Tate
WolvenBane08
The Fire Stirring Ruby
Abicion
Highman
Ice Silver Crystal
Konaxookami
emochick
GaleLupin-Otome
Midori Sugiura99
Kara
SpiderNeKoHiME
Kino karutta-chan
Luu Sky Sapphire
27 posters

Page 6 of 17 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11 ... 17  Next

Go down

natsuki - Bandai Entertainment's English dub for Mai HiME/Otome - Page 6 Empty Re: Bandai Entertainment's English dub for Mai HiME/Otome

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Sun Aug 15, 2010 1:48 pm

When you're under contract to any major company, you become their bitch. I won't turn people off from becoming ADR directors and script writers since there's a possibility that, in time, they will be able to call the shots and properly subtitle and dub anime. Same goes for the manga industry, a lot of the changes by Tokyopop in many favorites of mine are unnecessary.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Bubuzuke points : 42532
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2524

http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

natsuki - Bandai Entertainment's English dub for Mai HiME/Otome - Page 6 Empty Re: Bandai Entertainment's English dub for Mai HiME/Otome

Post by SpiderNeKoHiME Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:02 am

i have another request if that's okay my prince. :3
can we see a comparison vid with midori's drunkness?
add Nao's bashing of Tokiha-san too :3
SpiderNeKoHiME
SpiderNeKoHiME
Spider Queen
Spider Queen

Bubuzuke points : 1353
Armitage GUTS!!! : 278

Back to top Go down

Post by Midori Sugiura99 Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:26 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:When you're under contract to any major company, you become their bitch. I won't turn people off from becoming ADR directors and script writers since there's a possibility that, in time, they will be able to call the shots and properly subtitle and dub anime. Same goes for the manga industry, a lot of the changes by Tokyopop in many favorites of mine are unnecessary.

Most changes I find in subs/dubs are unnecessary. I don't see the issue in translating the text/dialogue as it was meant to be read, then adding translation notes later if something might not be clear to English speaking readers. When they do that, they are essentially changing the artists original intention and that makes me a saaaad panda.

SpiderNeKoHiME wrote:i have another request if that's okay my prince. :3
can we see a comparison vid with midori's drunkness?
add Nao's bashing of Tokiha-san too :3

I'm afraid to see how terrible drunken Midori is, but I kinda really wanna see it. It'll make me cry, won't it?
Midori Sugiura99
Midori Sugiura99
Asami Hikaru aka Komu
Asami Hikaru aka Komu

Bubuzuke points : 4714
Armitage GUTS!!! : 913

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:29 pm

Midori Sugiura99 wrote:I'm afraid to see how terrible drunken Midori is, but I kinda really wanna see it. It'll make me cry, won't it?

Prepare to spend the rest of your days as a brained damaged patient at some smelly psychiatric ward in Chicago:

Mai HiME Sub/Dub Comparisons Part XI: Nao rips Mai and Midori drunkness!

Nao tearing down Mai's reputation (or least, trying to...) and Midori does her best Sailor Moon impersonation. :3

Ai Shimizu and Caitlynne Medrek as Mikoto Minagi
Mai Nakahara and Carol-Anne Day as Mai Tokiha
Saeko Chiba and Cheryl McMaster as Natsuki Kuga
Yukari Tamura and Mariette Sluyter as Midori Sugiura
Yuuka Nanri and Marcy Lannan as Nao Yuuki
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Midori Sugiura99 Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:02 am

natsuki - Bandai Entertainment's English dub for Mai HiME/Otome - Page 6 9acfeee7

That about sums it up...
Midori Sugiura99
Midori Sugiura99
Asami Hikaru aka Komu
Asami Hikaru aka Komu

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:24 am

Hahaha, Natsuki's laugh is just....HAHAHAHA! WHY?! WHY BANDAI?!
Kara
Kara
Token Straight Girl

Bubuzuke points : 2072
Armitage GUTS!!! : 597

Back to top Go down

Post by SpiderNeKoHiME Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:08 pm

English Nao is so much win! she tore Mai apart!
"you're not fooling me, idiot! you make me wanna puke!"
x3333333
SpiderNeKoHiME
SpiderNeKoHiME
Spider Queen
Spider Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Tue Aug 24, 2010 4:17 pm

My favorite part:

Nao: I hear so much from O-EE, it feels like my ears are gonna burst.

Maybe that's the right way to pronounce Aoi. *shrugs* Sounds off to me.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Midori Sugiura99 Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:37 pm

No, its not the right way to pronounce it. I didn't even realize that's what she was saying.... *facepalms epically* Weren't they trying to give Nao's name like multiple syllables too? XDDD Na-oh. NUUUU!! *points finger of wrongness* Aoi should be like "Ow-ee" with kinda short on the ee, doesn't need to be held out forever. O-EE. X______X And now Nao should sound like now. Like Megan wants Nao right... now. XD :D
Midori Sugiura99
Midori Sugiura99
Asami Hikaru aka Komu
Asami Hikaru aka Komu

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:49 pm

Midori Sugiura99 wrote:Aoi should be like "Ow-ee" with kinda short on the ee, doesn't need to be held out forever. O-EE. X______X

Aoi is pronounced like "yaoi" basically. I never actually ventured into the history behind yaoi, but when "Ow-ee" comes to mind, you think of butt-secks between dudes.

Thank whatever God exists that I'm straight. ^^;;;

Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Midori Sugiura99 Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:17 pm

Pretty much! You take the y off of yaoi and you've got Aoi!
Midori Sugiura99
Midori Sugiura99
Asami Hikaru aka Komu
Asami Hikaru aka Komu

Back to top Go down

Post by SpiderNeKoHiME Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:36 am

Thx midori! almost all the anime i own got "Aoi" wrong. :/
bad dubbing is bad
SpiderNeKoHiME
SpiderNeKoHiME
Spider Queen
Spider Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Midori Sugiura99 Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:38 am

One thing that gets me is, I don't understand how they can get names wrong. Don't they watch the original works and hear how the names are pronounced? It just seems silly.
Midori Sugiura99
Midori Sugiura99
Asami Hikaru aka Komu
Asami Hikaru aka Komu

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Fri Aug 27, 2010 9:26 pm

Now things get REALLY bad. ^_^

Mai Otome Sub/Dub Comparisons Part II: Arika vs. Tomoe

The ant and the bitch have a confrontation and it gets quite ugly. Especially when the dub shows it's face.

Angie Beers as Arika Yumemiya
Tracy Sutton as Tomoe Marguerite

I HAVE ALWAYS HATED YOU!!!
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:44 pm

Mai HiME Sub/Dub Comparisons Part XII: How about a RIDE?

O_O; Mommy, please make the dyke go away.

Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Midori Sugiura99 Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:13 pm

I'm going to skip over the Otome one since I don't want to be spoiled X3 But dyke!Natsuki =

natsuki - Bandai Entertainment's English dub for Mai HiME/Otome - Page 6 9acfeee7

This image is really coming in handy for my thoughts on the dub XD
Midori Sugiura99
Midori Sugiura99
Asami Hikaru aka Komu
Asami Hikaru aka Komu

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:16 pm

I don't think Peter can handle that much epic fail. XD

Seriously, how awful is that? When dubbed Natsuki says "How. About. A RIIIIIIIIIIDE" it sounds sooooooo bad. And her scream at the end? x_x I did laugh at Midori's "Whoo-hoo! Nice moves!" though. XD

Oh well, listening to dubbed Natsuki is at least better than watching Vampires Suck.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Sat Sep 04, 2010 9:47 pm

Her scream sounds like someone's strangling a cow. If someone heard that form another room, they'd think I was watching animal planet in here.
Kara
Kara
Token Straight Girl

Back to top Go down

Post by Konaxookami Sat Sep 04, 2010 9:50 pm

Oh well, listening to dubbed Natsuki is at least better than watching Vampires Suck.

I actually was just watching the dub-and Natsuki's voice...dear god. xD It sounds like me in the morning when my voice is super low and gritty. Really-Natsuki Doesn't sound like that. The only part that made her sound somehwat girly was when she had her pantsu moment.

'The How about a ride?' makes me laugh-it really does. It's so...terrible, but I can't hold it in that it is hilarious because of that.
Konaxookami
Konaxookami
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Bubuzuke points : 2209
Armitage GUTS!!! : 803
Location : Somewhere between the Furthest Ring and the Hall of Justice

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Sat Sep 04, 2010 9:53 pm

Hahaha. I like your picture thing, Kona. (That's right, Reito did not screw Natsuki, Shizuru would've killed him....that's her man. lmfao)
Kara
Kara
Token Straight Girl

Back to top Go down

Post by Konaxookami Sat Sep 04, 2010 9:55 pm

Hahaha. I like your picture thing, Kona. (That's right, Reito did not screw Natsuki, Shizuru would've killed him....that's her man. lmfao)

Thank you. I'm actually not sure where it came from-though I suspect a sneak Luu had something to do with it-since we had a discussion about this. xD
If Reito had touched Natsuki...well-Mai wouldn't have had to defeat him-Shizuru would have taken care of it. xD
Konaxookami
Konaxookami
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Bubuzuke points : 2209
Armitage GUTS!!! : 803
Location : Somewhere between the Furthest Ring and the Hall of Justice

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Sun Sep 05, 2010 2:27 pm

Kona wrote:though I suspect a sneak Luu had something to do with it-since we had a discussion about this. xD

Razz You are gravely mistaken.

Everyone knows Natsuki only screws on person and she's looking at her right in the mirror. ^_~ If you guys have any other dubbed scenes from Mai-HiME/Otome that you wanna see, PM me anytime.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Tue Sep 14, 2010 7:37 pm

Mai-HiME Karaoke Party! DUBBED

Episode 25 ShizNat battle aside, this is the greatest moment in Mai-HiME history. When Midori Sugiura, the champion of justice (lol), assembles the HiME together so they can form the HiME Rangers. In case enemies like the Searrs Foundation rise again. To celebrate their recent victory, Midori sets up a karaoke party for everyone.

The dub of this iconic scene is beyond hilarious, just listen to Natsuki's singing and laughing...

Caitlynne Medrek as Mikoto Minagi
Carol-Anne Day as Mai Tokiha
Cheryl McMaster as Natsuki Kuga
Allyson June Smith as Yukariko Sanada
Annika Odegard as Akira Okuzaki
Cole Howard as Takumi Tokiha
Graham Ko as Nagi Homura
Lori Barnes-Smith as Haruka Suzuhiro
Marcy Lannan as Nao Yuuki
Mariette Sluyter as Midori Sugiura
Morgan Partridge as Yukino Kikukawa

ALL RIGHT! LET NATSUKI SHOW YOU HOW IT'S DONE!!! GRRR!!!
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:03 pm

I LIKE STARING AT THE WATER! XD That's what I heard anyway lmao!

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:09 pm

THAT'S WHAT I HEARD TOO! LOL Followed by:

BY THE FLOWERS NODDING (?) BY THE....SHOOOOOOORE BY THE SEEEEEEEA!!!!!!!

*has to catch my breath* holy shitt that's so funny, what was Bandai THINKING!?
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 17 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11 ... 17  Next