Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bandai Entertainment's English dub for Mai HiME/Otome

+23
Bluholic711
Veronica-Searrs
ookamidesu
Valkyria Lightning
SoulEaterHaruhis0s
bubbleduckie
sarcastic-dog
MidnightPersona
SulliMike23
Sergay Tate
WolvenBane08
The Fire Stirring Ruby
Abicion
Highman
Ice Silver Crystal
Konaxookami
emochick
GaleLupin-Otome
Midori Sugiura99
Kara
SpiderNeKoHiME
Kino karutta-chan
Luu Sky Sapphire
27 posters

Page 7 of 17 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 12 ... 17  Next

Go down

natsuki - Bandai Entertainment's English dub for Mai HiME/Otome - Page 7 Empty Re: Bandai Entertainment's English dub for Mai HiME/Otome

Post by Guest Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:10 pm

SO. FREAKIN'. AMAZING. XD Bandai Natsuki, I love you so hard xD

Back to top Go down

natsuki - Bandai Entertainment's English dub for Mai HiME/Otome - Page 7 Empty Re: Bandai Entertainment's English dub for Mai HiME/Otome

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:19 pm

Did you hear her laughing at Nao? I thought my ears were gonna bleed. >_< LMAO Yeah, underneath the epic fail, we love Dubbed Natsuki so much. <3 She is just too entertaining to dismiss.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Bubuzuke points : 42532
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2524

http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:21 pm

Yes, xD ah Natsuki-butch. Love.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:00 pm

Did you guys even notice that they didn't bother to dub Mikoto and Mai.

IT'S LIKE THEY SUDDENLY REVERT BACK TO JAPANESE?! WTF?!
Kara
Kara
Token Straight Girl

Bubuzuke points : 2072
Armitage GUTS!!! : 597

Back to top Go down

Post by Midori Sugiura99 Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:12 pm

There are not enough Peter Griffins in the world to express my opinion about this XDD Oh my god XD

I love when they revert back to the singing in Japanese you can hear how off their voices are from each other. *facepalms* Good one, Bandai, really XDD
Midori Sugiura99
Midori Sugiura99
Asami Hikaru aka Komu
Asami Hikaru aka Komu

Bubuzuke points : 4714
Armitage GUTS!!! : 913

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:49 am

Kara wrote:Did you guys even notice that they didn't bother to dub Mikoto and Mai.

IT'S LIKE THEY SUDDENLY REVERT BACK TO JAPANESE?! WTF?!

Central Park Media did the same with the dub for Slayers (another awesome anime series). When it came time for the two lead characters to sing the full on song, the main heroine (Lina Inverse) randomly said "IN JAPANESE!"

O_O COP OUT! Just like here with Bandai's crew, except Cheryl who was generous enough to make us cry with Natsuki's performance. X3

Midori Sugiura99 wrote:I love when they revert back to the singing in Japanese you can hear how off their voices are from each other. *facepalms* Good one, Bandai, really XDD

They couldn't be anymore different, you're right! XD I still love the Mai-HiME and Otome dubs (more like, I've grown to love them.). The English HiME are almost like parodies of the original characters.

I cannot wait till Kara and company reach episode 16...
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:53 am

Hahaha, for episode 16 we already have a plan drawn out. We WILL dub the singing...I thin we'll be the first adaption to do so hahaha
Kara
Kara
Token Straight Girl

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:43 pm

Kara wrote:Hahaha, for episode 16 we already have a plan drawn out. We WILL dub the singing...I thin we'll be the first adaption to do so hahaha

I believe so, then again it's been a while since I ventured through You Tube thoroughly. Doesn't matter, you're the official Mai-HiME Abridged team so people will focus on yours the most. ^_~

I forgot what Abridged episode it was, I noticed you had someone critique your V/As and sound equipment. Feel like this person was right or just full of it? Wink
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:08 pm

Haha, we picked up a Mai-HiME Abridged series because there were none that got past the first episode, I'm not sure if there are any other ones out there as of yet.

Oh you mean that blackfang person? I think they are right in a way. Sometimes our sound quality isn't the best, sometimes the lips aren't in synch with the audio and maybe to some people, our voices sound similar. However, in my defense I've never made an abridge series before, I'm 14, I make the script and edit everything together on my own, there's only a cast of 4, 2 of which don't how very many parts because of availbility issues and space issues. I respected this person for piping up and saying something UNTIL they messaged me and the bias behind their comment came to light.

They didn't like all the adult language, they didn't like the way we presented the characters and they didn't like the male voices. Their message went on to tell me what they didn't like about each character, which was basically the personality we gave them (e.g; Tate being a wigger, Mai being a pill-popper, etc.) This was obviously someone who wanted it to be EXACTLY LIKE THE SERIES. I don't think they liked the fact that we changed personalities and basically the storyline.

I think any person saying we have bad audio quality is kinda right. Hey, it could be better, but at least you can hear us haha

Kara
Kara
Token Straight Girl

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:10 pm

So, did that person even realize it was an Abridged series they were watching? xD If there was no change, it wouldn't be very funny would it ne?

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:25 pm

Haha, I'm not sure. I tried to think about it for a little, but then my brain started hurting.
Kara
Kara
Token Straight Girl

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:08 pm

Kara wrote:They didn't like all the adult language, they didn't like the way we presented the characters and they didn't like the male voices. Their message went on to tell me what they didn't like about each character, which was basically the personality we gave them (e.g; Tate being a wigger, Mai being a pill-popper, etc.) This was obviously someone who wanted it to be EXACTLY LIKE THE SERIES. I don't think they liked the fact that we changed personalities and basically the storyline.

Fans usually complain about anything OOC. Sailor Moon Abridged, as popular as they are, gets the same exact negative feedback too. The best your Abridged series can do is reach out to the Mai-fans with a sense of humor. :D
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Konaxookami Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:28 am

...Proof of my insanity. xD Me and my friend poke some fun at the English Dub-Mainly, the southern accent and Natsuki. Enjoy?

Konaxookami
Konaxookami
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Bubuzuke points : 2209
Armitage GUTS!!! : 803
Location : Somewhere between the Furthest Ring and the Hall of Justice

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:36 am

I love that. So bad xD I left a comment on Youtube for it xD

Back to top Go down

Post by Konaxookami Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:59 am

why Thank you Hollowed! =D
Konaxookami
Konaxookami
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 19, 2010 12:03 pm

It was amazing xD made me laugh so thank you! ;P

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Sun Sep 19, 2010 12:27 pm

Damn, girl. You captured the essence of Bandai's Shizuru perfectly. XD Left a comment for you and accepted Cathy's friend invite btw.

If Kara's Abridged team didn't have an awesome Shizuru already, you'd be perfect! :D

But if you guys thought THAT was bad? Just give me a half hour and I'll have something REALLY bad for you. Remember that Suzushiro fangirl's request I told you about, Cathy? It's coming...

*BE BACK IN A FEW MINUTES*
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 19, 2010 12:33 pm

Yay for friend acceptance! Also, OMG YES HARUKA! x3

Weird, you'd think I'd look more like Yukino with how much I love Suzushiro x3

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Sun Sep 19, 2010 1:12 pm

Mai-HiME Omake I [English Dub]

Mai Tokiha talking about her Melons. :3

Carol-Anne Day as Mai Tokiha

Mai-HiME Omake II [English Dub]

Mashiro Kazahana going over Fuuka Academy and trying to cover up it's secrets like the M.I.B.

Katie Rowan as Mashiro Kazahana

Mai-HiME Omake III [English Dub]

Aoi and Chie break it down for you. And if you're not down with the gossip gals, I've got two words for ya...FAN SERVICE!

Firefox said it isn't one word...

Hazel Forman as Chie Harada
Jayna Mitchell as Aoi Senou

Here's what I've learned so far: Mai's V/A is definitely Canadian. "With my chest oot" X3

Also: Did you people hear Chie's sexual moan? IT WAS AWFUL!!! O_O; Bandai! STOP THAT! Don't ever do that AGAIN!!! SERIOUSLY! STOP!!!!
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 19, 2010 1:17 pm

Oh Mai, there's no other way for you to walk except with your chest out. You know this.

And Chie sounded like she was being slowly stabbed xD

Back to top Go down

Post by Konaxookami Sun Sep 19, 2010 1:21 pm

Damn, girl. You captured the essence of Bandai's Shizuru perfectly. XD Left a comment for you and accepted Cathy's friend invite btw.

If Kara's Abridged team didn't have an awesome Shizuru already, you'd be perfect

I'll tell Kitkat you thought it was so good-she did Shizuru in this video. xD I can do it too-but when we did this take it sounded SO PERFECT we kept it that way and I just did Natsuki xD
Konaxookami
Konaxookami
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 19, 2010 1:23 pm

You were an awesome Natsuki! It was funny and adorable and slightly scarring, just like any good ShizNat video ;D

Back to top Go down

Post by SpiderNeKoHiME Sun Sep 19, 2010 1:28 pm

>< im scared! why does chie sound like a cow being strangled...
kona-chan is a great Kuga-san! o.o captured the dykeness and everything! x3
SpiderNeKoHiME
SpiderNeKoHiME
Spider Queen
Spider Queen

Bubuzuke points : 1353
Armitage GUTS!!! : 278

Back to top Go down

Post by Konaxookami Sun Sep 19, 2010 1:29 pm

Hurrah For Shiznat! xD and thank you guys. =3 Being Natsuki is fun-I'd actually like to fandub some of her extras seriously-but I don't have the videos x3
Konaxookami
Konaxookami
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 19, 2010 1:31 pm

I would fandub anyone I could, but my voice sounds so weird on video xD

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 17 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 12 ... 17  Next