Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bandai Entertainment's English dub for Mai HiME/Otome

+23
Bluholic711
Veronica-Searrs
ookamidesu
Valkyria Lightning
SoulEaterHaruhis0s
bubbleduckie
sarcastic-dog
MidnightPersona
SulliMike23
Sergay Tate
WolvenBane08
The Fire Stirring Ruby
Abicion
Highman
Ice Silver Crystal
Konaxookami
emochick
GaleLupin-Otome
Midori Sugiura99
Kara
SpiderNeKoHiME
Kino karutta-chan
Luu Sky Sapphire
27 posters

Page 5 of 17 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11 ... 17  Next

Go down

natsuki - Bandai Entertainment's English dub for Mai HiME/Otome - Page 5 Empty Re: Bandai Entertainment's English dub for Mai HiME/Otome

Post by Kara Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:18 am

Oh yeah, were IS her's? I, for some reason, always thought it was on her thigh or her neck.
Kara
Kara
Token Straight Girl

Bubuzuke points : 2072
Armitage GUTS!!! : 597

Back to top Go down

natsuki - Bandai Entertainment's English dub for Mai HiME/Otome - Page 5 Empty Re: Bandai Entertainment's English dub for Mai HiME/Otome

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Tue Jul 27, 2010 5:47 pm

Kara wrote:Oh yeah, were IS her's? I, for some reason, always thought it was on her thigh or her neck.

I thought it was the thigh, but she always exposes that. Mmm, maybe it's on her foot? I can't remember anytime Nao was barefoot in the series except Kuro no Mai (the new Blu-Ray special).[b]
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Bubuzuke points : 42532
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2524

http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Tue Jul 27, 2010 6:08 pm

Hmm, I wonder if there's a site that tells you where they all are...
Kara
Kara
Token Straight Girl

Back to top Go down

Post by Kino karutta-chan Tue Jul 27, 2010 6:17 pm

I am pretty sure there was for some years. It wasn't an official site, but still with good possibilities, but don't ask me, if they knew the ones from Nao and Fumi XD
Kino karutta-chan
Kino karutta-chan
Eyes Set to Kk-chan ö.ö
Eyes Set to Kk-chan ö.ö

Bubuzuke points : 7047
Armitage GUTS!!! : 1556

http://kinokarutta-chan.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:43 am

I know we can find Nao's if we look hard enough. Fumi's birthmark is impossible to determine unless one of the Animation Books said something. ^^; I could check...but I don't read Japanese! lol
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Wed Jul 28, 2010 4:55 pm

Maybe you should LEARN, then!:p
Kara
Kara
Token Straight Girl

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:05 pm

Kara wrote:Maybe you should LEARN, then!:p

;P FINE, maybe a WILL. In the meantime bitch, have yourself some HiME lulz. New requests have arrived at Midori's Mai-Multiverse channel:

Mai HiME Sub/Dub Comparisons Part VI: Shizuru's 5 seconds tip

Description:

Drop your food on the floor? Shizuru has a solution for you...

From Mai-HiME Episode 10: Cake Wars
Mamiko Noto and Morgan Partridge - Yukino Kikukawa
Lori Barnes-Smith and Ryoka Yuzuki - Haruka Suzuhiro
Naomi Shindoh and Melanie Risdon as Shizuru Fujino

Mai HiME Sub/Dub Comparisons Part VII: HiME Rangers vs. Nao?!

Description:

IT WAS NAO?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?

Nanri-san did a much better job unleashing Nao's fury than Marcy did. Just listen to her voice build up and deliver the cliche "I'll never forgive you!" It's beautiful. ^_^

From Mai-HiME Episode 18: The beginning
Mamiko Noto and Morgan Partridge - Yukino Kikukawa
Yuuka Nanri and Marcy Lannan - Nao Yuuki
Mariette Sluyter and Yukari Tamura - Midori Sugiura
Ai Shimizu and Caitlynne Medrek - Mikoto Minagi
Mai Nakahara and Carol-Anne Day - Mai Tokiha
Cheryl McMaster and Saeko Chiba as Natsuki Kuga
Allyson June Smith and Kikuko Inoue as Yukariko Sanada
Annika Odegard and Sanae Kobayashi as Akira Okuzaki
Yukana, Wendy Morrison and Katie Rowan as Fumi Himeno and Mashiro Kazahana
Akira Ishida and Graham Ko as Nagi Homura

Not much to comment on the 5 seconds clip other than it's standard Shizuru coolness. Way to go, gayfish. Remind us about something basic in your oh-so awesome "I don't give a fuckk, this tea is bangin' " way.

The second is a long one, the entire fight with Nao Yuuki's paranoid ass. Like I mentioned in the description, Yuuka Nanri deserves more praise for the intensity of this whole scene. Marcy Lannan was "talking" rather than acting in comparison, but I digress. And for some reason, I laugh so hard every time Natsuki opens her mouth. Cheryl McMaster's performance is not perfect, nor feminine in any way, but it's legendary. XD
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by emochick Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:47 am

The 5 second rule and her accent are cute lol

The second one interesting and action packed
emochick
emochick
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Bubuzuke points : 1512
Armitage GUTS!!! : 109

http://www.myspace.com/pop_and_rock

Back to top Go down

Post by SpiderNeKoHiME Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:05 pm

"i never liked you from the start" "you suckk"
NAO. IS. AWESOME.
she owns Kuga-san as always :33333
;_; why duran had to give Nao such a lame cheap shot.
SpiderNeKoHiME
SpiderNeKoHiME
Spider Queen
Spider Queen

Bubuzuke points : 1353
Armitage GUTS!!! : 278

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Thu Jul 29, 2010 4:25 pm

Everytime I see that fight scene, at the part where they all stop cause Nao got hurt, I always wonder what the point of fighting was if you were gonna all back down when someone got hurt. I'm jus like, "OH, OH, NOOOOW YOU STOP FIGHTING! BECAUSE SOMEONE GOT HURT WHILE YOU WERE FIGHTING! I BET YOU NEVER EXPECTED THAT!"

Hahaha, and gayfish/rhino with her silly little five second rules. Doesn't she know, cake that's been smooshed into the floor doesn't taste that good anymore?
Kara
Kara
Token Straight Girl

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Thu Jul 29, 2010 6:57 pm

SpiderNeKoHiME wrote:;_; why duran had to give Nao such a lame cheap shot. [/color]

Why is it always the doggie's fault!? XD

Kara wrote:Everytime I see that fight scene, at the part where they all stop cause Nao got hurt, I always wonder what the point of fighting was if you were gonna all back down when someone got hurt. I'm jus like, "OH, OH, NOOOOW YOU STOP FIGHTING! BECAUSE SOMEONE GOT HURT WHILE YOU WERE FIGHTING! I BET YOU NEVER EXPECTED THAT!"

Good point! I don't believe any of the HiME are killers, so their attacks are mainly used to knock out and disarm enemies. Look at their battle against the Searrs Foundation soldiers, not even Nao killed anybody. The only HiME that was killing people left and right was Shizuru, but that's another story.

With Nao, they were so uber shocked that they critically injured her. It was an accident of course and as Megan pointed out, mecha-puppy did it. lol

Kara wrote:Hahaha, and gayfish/rhino with her silly little five second rules. Doesn't she know, cake that's been smooshed into the floor doesn't taste that good anymore?

She could of caught it too! Cake Wars had a lot of those Matrix slow-down moments.
:lol:
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:33 am

Our newest dub/sub additions to the Mai-Multiverse channel:

Mai HiME Sub/Dub Comparisons Part VIII: Tate x Mai moment

Tate angst. Mai listens. :)

Mai Nakahara and Carol-Anne Day as Mai Tokiha
Tomokazu Seki and Jordan Schartner as Yuuichi Tate

Mai HiME Sub/Dub Comparisons Part IX: Takeda meets Shizuru

Takeda meets with Shizuru. Followed by a wee misunderstanding. XD

Saeko Chiba and Cheryl McMaster as Natsuki Kuga
Naomi Shindoh and Melanie Risdon as Shizuru Fujino
Yuji Ueda and Scott Roberts as Masashi Takeda

Thoughts on each clips and their voice overs coming tomorrow. ^_~ Enjoy, my HiME.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by SpiderNeKoHiME Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:30 am

i can't stand english tate's voice -ears bleed- his acting is off like reading from cue cards!
dub shizuru is not much better >> Naomi's kyoto-ben accent is so distracting, i love it!
SpiderNeKoHiME
SpiderNeKoHiME
Spider Queen
Spider Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by emochick Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:51 am

My favorite is the first sad and angry!

Nice second clip was nice "no likey penis" that was funny!
emochick
emochick
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Bubuzuke points : 1512
Armitage GUTS!!! : 109

http://www.myspace.com/pop_and_rock

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:12 pm

Fuckin' Tate. Fuckk you and your fuckin' voice in english. Go back to pansy land, with your pansy voice. Damn pansy.

Anyway, Shizuru and Takeda, I loved that scene because Shizuru got more than a five second speaking part :DD. Her english voice grew on me though. You know what's funny, I should my southern friend a clip of Mai-HiME in the dub because she was curious, and she hears Shizuru's voice and she goes, "What the fuckk is wrong with her voice?!" then I told her it was because she's southern, she looked offended.
Kara
Kara
Token Straight Girl

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:43 pm

Melanie Risdon's performance grew on me too, but I can understand why a southerner would feel that way. ^_^ It does sound artificial and I doubt Miss Risdon really sounds like that. lol

My next dub/title entry will feature the biggest no-no ever done by Bandai. ^_~
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:40 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
My next dub/title entry will feature the biggest no-no ever done by Bandai. ^_~

*gasp* The BIGGEST no-no? I wonder what it could be!
Kara
Kara
Token Straight Girl

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:08 pm

Kara wrote:*gasp* The BIGGEST no-no? I wonder what it could be!

Something that makes my butthole angry. :x

The next Mai-Otome comparison video on the other hand, will deliver some lulz. As an early spoiler, we'll get to hear the transsexual herself - dubbed Tomoe Marguerite! lol!
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by SpiderNeKoHiME Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:40 am

:3 i saw the mai otome dub! how does tomoe sound like a man!??! X3333
SpiderNeKoHiME
SpiderNeKoHiME
Spider Queen
Spider Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Thu Aug 05, 2010 1:28 pm

SpiderNeKoHiME wrote::3 i saw the mai otome dub! how does tomoe sound like a man!??! X3333

Her pissed off scenes. Need I say more? Wink
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

natsuki - Bandai Entertainment's English dub for Mai HiME/Otome - Page 5 Empty Mai HiME Sub/Dub Comparisons Part X: The Bumbling bubuzuke

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:57 pm

Mai HiME Sub/Dub Comparisons Part X: The Bumbling bubuzuke

Something that always bothered me in Bandai Entertainment's dub was the decision to switch bubuzuke with "bumbling". Just one of those "Ehhh, why?" moments. ^^;

Ryoka Yuzuki and Lori Barnes-Smith as Haruka Suzushiro
Mamiko Noto and Morgan Partridge as Yukino Kikukawa
From Mai-HiME Episode 4: Mischief of the Wind
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Midori Sugiura99 Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:11 am

X___X Yoo-KI-no, SHUT UP. XD

Bumbling.... is not even close, guys. I need to translate for an anime company or something.
Midori Sugiura99
Midori Sugiura99
Asami Hikaru aka Komu
Asami Hikaru aka Komu

Bubuzuke points : 4714
Armitage GUTS!!! : 913

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:14 pm

Midori Sugiura99 wrote:X___X Yoo-KI-no, SHUT UP. XD

When I first heard that years back, I had to pause the DVD and laugh for like 10 minutes. Mitchie thought I was was gonna die because I wouldn't stop. XD Haruka didn't tell Yukino to shut up in the original. The Bandai dub has a tendency to make the girls sound more cruel. Just listen to Natsuki in this older clip.

There's less remorse and concern for Miyu and Alyssa. XD What do you expect from a BUTCH dyke like Cheryl's Natsuki, but I digress.

Midori Sugiura99 wrote:Bumbling.... is not even close, guys. I need to translate for an anime company or something.

I'd rather you didn't. Dubbing companies go against proper translation to cater to it's target English speaking audience. We'd rarely see your work in action.

Even Yukino's response was changed completely, by not explaining Ochazuke (rice with tea poured over it). *shrugs*
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by SpiderNeKoHiME Sun Aug 15, 2010 11:16 am

:D i favor Lori's Haruka, she sounds more aggressive and insane.
:3 yoo-kee-no, shut up!!! lmao!!!
SpiderNeKoHiME
SpiderNeKoHiME
Spider Queen
Spider Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Midori Sugiura99 Sun Aug 15, 2010 1:14 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:I'd rather you didn't. Dubbing companies go against proper translation to cater to it's target English speaking audience. We'd rarely see your work in action.

Which is one of the main reasons that this is a dream of Midoris past. I would love to translate manga/anime dubs or whatever, but... it'd be like an artist's work being messed with. And I couldn't handle that, nosiree.
Midori Sugiura99
Midori Sugiura99
Asami Hikaru aka Komu
Asami Hikaru aka Komu

Bubuzuke points : 4714
Armitage GUTS!!! : 913

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 17 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11 ... 17  Next