Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bandai Entertainment's English dub for Mai HiME/Otome

+23
Bluholic711
Veronica-Searrs
ookamidesu
Valkyria Lightning
SoulEaterHaruhis0s
bubbleduckie
sarcastic-dog
MidnightPersona
SulliMike23
Sergay Tate
WolvenBane08
The Fire Stirring Ruby
Abicion
Highman
Ice Silver Crystal
Konaxookami
emochick
GaleLupin-Otome
Midori Sugiura99
Kara
SpiderNeKoHiME
Kino karutta-chan
Luu Sky Sapphire
27 posters

Page 11 of 17 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 17  Next

Go down

natsuki - Bandai Entertainment's English dub for Mai HiME/Otome - Page 11 Empty Re: Bandai Entertainment's English dub for Mai HiME/Otome

Post by SpiderNeKoHiME Sun Oct 31, 2010 12:39 pm

alyssa is more like a pokemon trainer than a pokemon x3
she sends out orphans like pokemon.
miyu passes for mewtwo. they're both monotone and boring.
SpiderNeKoHiME
SpiderNeKoHiME
Spider Queen
Spider Queen

Bubuzuke points : 1353
Armitage GUTS!!! : 278

Back to top Go down

natsuki - Bandai Entertainment's English dub for Mai HiME/Otome - Page 11 Empty Re: Bandai Entertainment's English dub for Mai HiME/Otome

Post by Kara Sun Oct 31, 2010 1:00 pm

Hahhaa I heard that!
Kara
Kara
Token Straight Girl

Bubuzuke points : 2072
Armitage GUTS!!! : 597

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:25 pm

SpiderNeKoHiME wrote:miyu passes for mewtwo. they're both monotone and boring.[/color]

Amen.

Mai-HiME Omake 16 [English Dub]

Natsuki has questions and Nagi has the answers.

Cheryl McMaster as Natsuki Kuga
Graham Ko as Nagi Homura

Natsuki is such a MAN in this clip, I swear. >_>
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Bubuzuke points : 42532
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2524

http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:50 pm

Natsuki is ALWAYS a man.

Back to top Go down

Post by SpiderNeKoHiME Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:10 am

pass the mayo kuga-san! x3
man what a dyke! ><
SpiderNeKoHiME
SpiderNeKoHiME
Spider Queen
Spider Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:41 am

Mai-HiME Omake 17 [English Dub]

Midori and what she's all about!

Mariette Sluyter as Midori Sugiura

Not a fan of Mariette's voice work as Midori, still you have to admire the seriousness put into this omake. The overall message gives it more credibility. Bravo.

Awesome things:

1. Almost naked Midori. Her Melons are practically begging for my attention.

2. There's a cameo by the Nina clone. Wait, she can't be a Nina clone since she came first. Jiminy crickets!...Nina Wang, the Nina we grew old with watching Mai-Otome, is the clone. Son of a elephant. >_>
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Midori Sugiura99 Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:10 pm

Naked Midori. That's all I have to say about that. XD
Midori Sugiura99
Midori Sugiura99
Asami Hikaru aka Komu
Asami Hikaru aka Komu

Bubuzuke points : 4714
Armitage GUTS!!! : 913

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:59 pm

Midori Sugiura99 wrote:Naked Midori. That's all I have to say about that. XD

^o^ Your brain is so basic, my hot piece of ass. <3
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Ice Silver Crystal Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:56 am

>.< I don't like it. She sounds way too old to be Midori.
Ice Silver Crystal
Ice Silver Crystal
Kruger Wolf Pack Puppy
Kruger Wolf Pack Puppy

Bubuzuke points : 1340
Armitage GUTS!!! : 485

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:47 pm

Mai-HiME Omake 18 [English Dub]

Fumi and Mashiro have a meeting of the minds.

Wendy Morrison as Fumi Himeno
Katie Rowan as Mashiro Kazahana

More fluff between Fumi and Mashiro. Nothing to rip on here. *kicks dirt*
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:30 am

Natsuki Kuga says "Chillin" [MH Ep. 9]

So epic, it had to be posted. :lol:
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by SpiderNeKoHiME Wed Nov 24, 2010 2:29 pm

that can't be real! wtf! o.o;;;;
u ain't gangsta Kuga-san! :/
SpiderNeKoHiME
SpiderNeKoHiME
Spider Queen
Spider Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Fri Nov 26, 2010 2:14 am

natsuki - Bandai Entertainment's English dub for Mai HiME/Otome - Page 11 Sig_im10

Okies, time to speed things up with the dubbed omakes:

Mai-HiME Omake 19 [English Dub]

What if Akira were more like a girl?

Annika Odegard as Akira Okuzak

Mai-HiME Omake 20 [English Dub]

Takumi is grateful for his sister and all her efforts.

Cole Howard as Takumi Tokiha

Mai-HiME Omake 21 [English Dub]

Midori treats Mai to much needed education.

Carol-Anne Day as Mai Tokiha
Mariette Sluyter as Midori Sugiura
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by SpiderNeKoHiME Sun Nov 28, 2010 4:56 pm

>< ack!!!! Midorixmai yuri doesnt last long does it???
SpiderNeKoHiME
SpiderNeKoHiME
Spider Queen
Spider Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:46 pm

Most random ships are just teasers. ^_~

Mai-HiME Omake 22 [English Dub]

Reito Kanzaki talking about Mai and "The Beast" within. :p The music is awesome.

Ethan Cole as Reito Kanzaki

Mai-HiME Omake 23 [English Dub]

Natsuki's feelings on Shizuru.

Melanie Risdon as Shizuru Fujino

Mai-HiME Omake 24 [English Dub]

Mikoto sure does miss Tokiha and her ramen.

Caitlynne Medrek as Mikoto Minagi

Mai-HiME Omake 25 [English Dub]

Natsuki finally breaks free from being a lone wolf by accepting others.

Mai-HiME Omake 26 [English Dub]

Mai Tokiha with final words on love.

Carol-Anne Day as Mai Tokiha
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:57 am

Mai HiME Sub/Dub Comparisons Part 14: HEY! NATSUKI HAS A MESSAGE!

Natsuki displays her manliness once again by sending a message for the owner of this ANIMAL. Why? Because she's such...A WILDCAT!

Mitsuki Saiga and Hazel Forman as Chie Harada
Ryoko Shintani and Jayna Mitchell as Aoi Senou
Ai Shimizu and Caitlynne Medrek as Mikoto Minagi
Saeko Chiba and Cheryl McMaster as Natsuki Kuga

Could she be any manlier!? Seriously. :shock:
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Highman Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:21 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:Mai HiME Sub/Dub Comparisons Part 14: HEY! NATSUKI HAS A MESSAGE!

Natsuki displays her manliness once again by sending a message for the owner of this ANIMAL. Why? Because she's such...A WILDCAT!

Mitsuki Saiga and Hazel Forman as Chie Harada
Ryoko Shintani and Jayna Mitchell as Aoi Senou
Ai Shimizu and Caitlynne Medrek as Mikoto Minagi
Saeko Chiba and Cheryl McMaster as Natsuki Kuga

Could she be any manlier!? Seriously. :shock:

I rather have NYAV or New Generation Studios do it than Bluewater (Ocean Studios) because of Gundam Unicorn and hope Sunrise would give'em the chance. I'll take Carol Ann Daye and Mariette Slutyer as franchise roles for big bucks.
Highman
Highman
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 634
Armitage GUTS!!! : 113

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:07 pm

LOL. "Your Craaaaazy rampage." <<< The little gay man inside Manly-dub Natsuki is coming outttt...
Kara
Kara
Token Straight Girl

Bubuzuke points : 2072
Armitage GUTS!!! : 597

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:18 pm

Highman wrote:I rather have NYAV or New Generation Studios do it than Bluewater (Ocean Studios) because of Gundam Unicorn and hope Sunrise would give'em the chance. I'll take Carol Ann Daye and Mariette Slutyer as franchise roles for big bucks.

Don't remind me of Bluewater, their Dragon Ball Z dub is atrocious. Then again, so was Funimation's. FUNi became great when they took dubbing seriously with Fruits Basket.

Carol Anne Day and Mariette Slutyer to reprise their roles if Mai-HiME was repackaged and brought into a more mainstream light? That's a first. lol What did you like about their performances?

It may sound crazy but I prefer Mai-Otome's dub. Angie Beers is amazing as Arika Yumemiya. Even Melanie Risdon was able to polish her Shizuru a little better (thank the more subtle role of Shizuru Viola.)

Kara wrote:LOL. "Your Craaaaazy rampage." <<< The little gay man inside Manly-dub Natsuki is coming outttt...

:lol: Ain't eet da tooth.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Highman Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:01 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
Highman wrote:I rather have NYAV or New Generation Studios do it than Bluewater (Ocean Studios) because of Gundam Unicorn and hope Sunrise would give'em the chance. I'll take Carol Ann Daye and Mariette Slutyer as franchise roles for big bucks.

Don't remind me of Bluewater, their Dragon Ball Z dub is atrocious. Then again, so was Funimation's. FUNi became great when they took dubbing seriously with Fruits Basket.

Carol Anne Day and Mariette Slutyer to reprise their roles if Mai-HiME was repackaged and brought into a more mainstream light? That's a first. lol What did you like about their performances?

It may sound crazy but I prefer Mai-Otome's dub. Angie Beers is amazing as Arika Yumemiya. Even Melanie Risdon was able to polish her Shizuru a little better (thank the more subtle role of Shizuru Viola.)

Kara wrote:LOL. "Your Craaaaazy rampage." <<< The little gay man inside Manly-dub Natsuki is coming outttt...

:lol: Ain't eet da tooth.

Carol Anne Day is real blue chipper out of the block, from her role to G Gundam and others. She'll do an great job being an actress even in VA work as well. Vancouver sometimes can make hit or miss actors. In ten-fifteen years, she'll be an big name in Canada and US soon. She needs to expand her career, she's a valued a prospect in my eyes and talent.

Mariette Sluyter is awesome indeed and to me she's an ball busting 38 year old MILF. Versitile and amazing. They're some good blue chippers in Bluewater but still they need to be better in dubbing.

Also we need to do new VA cast list for the HiME saga soon, any takers ?
Highman
Highman
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:41 pm

Highman wrote:Mariette Sluyter is awesome indeed and to me she's an ball busting 38 year old MILF. Versitile and amazing. They're some good blue chippers in Bluewater but still they need to be better in dubbing.

Heh, gotta admit, the idea of a ball busting 38 year old MILF does sound smexy. Mariette Sluyter is a great voice actress, I just didn't like her as Midori Sugiura. As Aswad Midori from Mai-Otome yes, as it was a more serious role. Hey Highman, how about a small favor. This thread is mainly to rant/discuss current dubs and V/As, think you can create a redub/VA dream casting Mai-HiME thread? I would do it myself alas my hands are tied at the moment. (how kinky)

Mai HiME Sub/Dub Comparisons Part 15: MY SHUT UP MOVE and Nao bitchin'

Midori's ultimate technique and Nao having a migraine.

Yukari Tamura and Mariette Sluyter as Midori Sugiura
Akiko Kimura and Melanie Risdon as Youko Sagisawa
Yuuka Nanri and Marcy Lannan as Nao Yuuki
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Highman Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:10 am

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
Highman wrote:Mariette Sluyter is awesome indeed and to me she's an ball busting 38 year old MILF. Versitile and amazing. They're some good blue chippers in Bluewater but still they need to be better in dubbing.

Heh, gotta admit, the idea of a ball busting 38 year old MILF does sound smexy. Mariette Sluyter is a great voice actress, I just didn't like her as Midori Sugiura. As Aswad Midori from Mai-Otome yes, as it was a more serious role. Hey Highman, how about a small favor. This thread is mainly to rant/discuss current dubs and V/As, think you can create a redub/VA dream casting Mai-HiME thread? I would do it myself alas my hands are tied at the moment. (how kinky)

Mai HiME Sub/Dub Comparisons Part 15: MY SHUT UP MOVE and Nao bitchin'

Midori's ultimate technique and Nao having a migraine.

Yukari Tamura and Mariette Sluyter as Midori Sugiura
Akiko Kimura and Melanie Risdon as Youko Sagisawa
Yuuka Nanri and Marcy Lannan as Nao Yuuki

Why, this thread is supposed Bandai's work on HiME/Otome dubbing but Sunrise will provide it in upcoming saga. I think they should re-dub and let viewers watch it for free. Anyway I've already made my dream list for Mai HiME saga. Carol and Mariette will reprise their franchise, everything changes and you'll like it.

Mai Tokiha: Carol Anne Day
Mikoto Minagi: Brittney Harvey
Natsuki Kuga: Erin Fitzgerald
Takumi Tokiha: Brianne Siddell
Shizuru Fujino: Carol Jacobanis
Midori Suiguira: Mariette Sluyter
Shiho Munakata: Kim Mai Guest
Miyu Greer: Hunter Mackenzie Austin
Alyssa Searrs: Stevie Bloch
Haruka Suzushiro: Tiffany Grant
Akane Higurashi: Jamie Marchi
Nao Yuuki: Jennifer Alyx
Fumi Himeno: Luci Christian
Yukino Kikukawa: Carrie Savage
Yukariko Sanada: Julie Ann Taylor
Aoi Senoh: Jessica Strauss
Chie Haruda: Melodee M. Spevak
Akira Okuzaki: Hynden Walch
Reito Minagi: Bryce Paprenbrook
Mashiro Kazehana: Lisa Ortiz
Nagi Homura: Michael Lindsay

Here's a website where you can compare the VA's for ones at Bluewater.

http://www.behindthevoiceactors.com/
Highman
Highman
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:17 pm

Not a bad list, Highman. It could use a bit more names from ADVFilms' roster. I'll have my list up soon, for now I wanna comment on one of your choices...

Highman wrote:Mashiro Kazehana: Lisa Ortiz

Sure about that? Out of every voice role Lisa's ever done, Lina Inverse from Slayers has always stick to me like glue. And well, Lina and Mashiro couldn't be any more different in character. Sure, Lisa can play monotone characters that lack charisma, she has the ability. It just wouldn't suit her, in my opinion.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Highman Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:58 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:Not a bad list, Highman. It could use a bit more names from ADVFilms' roster. I'll have my list up soon, for now I wanna comment on one of your choices...

Highman wrote:Mashiro Kazehana: Lisa Ortiz

Sure about that? Out of every voice role Lisa's ever done, Lina Inverse from Slayers has always stick to me like glue. And well, Lina and Mashiro couldn't be any more different in character. Sure, Lisa can play monotone characters that lack charisma, she has the ability. It just wouldn't suit her, in my opinion.

Should I have Veronica Taylor then, now that's better. Jamie Marchi is a solid choice for Akane and she getting better and stronger in every role. She's sweet being wild, fun girl. It matches her.

Veronica Taylor should be Mashiro Kazehana also Is Tiffany Grant a good choice for Haruka because of her strong character personalization.
Highman
Highman
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Tue Dec 14, 2010 3:55 pm

Highman wrote:Should I have Veronica Taylor then, now that's better. Jamie Marchi is a solid choice for Akane and she getting better and stronger in every role. She's sweet being wild, fun girl. It matches her.

Veronica Taylor should be Mashiro Kazehana also Is Tiffany Grant a good choice for Haruka because of her strong character personalization.

Veronica Taylor would be a much better choice, yes. Mashiro is monotone but still has that child-like sweetness to her voice. Perfect for Taylor to deliver those calm moments with Fumi. Or the over-the-top childish whining if she worked on Mai-Otome.

Ah, Tiffany Grant. Altena. Asuka. Jun Morimura. A various other 5 star roles she's done in the past. Perfect for Haruka's assertive and brute personality, I couldn't agree more.

My list is almost done, just need to hammer out the details with a friend of mine. *watches the Super GALS dub*
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 17 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 17  Next