Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Favorite Mai HiME character?

+33
Grawrr
Dead.And.Alive
Kiros Razer
Kuga Natsuki
BMeph
roxas <3 Arika Yumemiya
Cheshire Kat
Magus Phantalus
CaptainVonCookie
mayuthedemon
Sergay Tate
GAP
ookamidesu
Highman
Veronica-Searrs
hildebrant
iRenji0713
Valkyria Lightning
kuro-leloux
depression76
SpiralDasher
MidnightPersona
PrincessMai94
Yuna
Kicchu
Milla
Kino karutta-chan
denerop
Midori Sugiura99
NFKuga
magicalgirl
SpiderNeKoHiME
Luu Sky Sapphire
37 posters

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Go down

Favorite Mai HiME character? - Page 7 Empty Re: Favorite Mai HiME character?

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:26 pm

Grawrr wrote:
Lol! So true! *gasps* I do not recall this joke! *goes to watch episode 9*

O_o; HOW COULD YOU FORGET!? I never forget any of Haruka's fails. They all made my head explode. How can someone be so cool yet so stupid.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Bubuzuke points : 42532
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2524

http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Grawrr Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:56 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:

O_o; HOW COULD YOU FORGET!? I never forget any of Haruka's fails. They all made my head explode. How can someone be so cool yet so stupid.

I don't know!! *sulks in corner* I have a horrible memory DDX I do wonder that too, but I'd rather her stay the way she is, it would be very weird if she was any different.
Grawrr
Grawrr
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Bubuzuke points : 1234
Armitage GUTS!!! : 67

Back to top Go down

Post by GAP Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:45 am

Don't worry it happens to everyone!
GAP
GAP
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 429
Armitage GUTS!!! : 126

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:25 pm

Grawrr wrote:I don't know!! *sulks in corner* I have a horrible memory DDX I do wonder that too, but I'd rather her stay the way she is, it would be very weird if she was any different.

A competent Haruka would be interesting to see. :) It'd be the only way to blow Shizuru's mind.

Armitage : *sips tea* Students should be free to frolic and do whatever they please.

Shizuru Kaichou : ...what are you?
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Grawrr Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:23 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
Grawrr wrote:I don't know!! *sulks in corner* I have a horrible memory DDX I do wonder that too, but I'd rather her stay the way she is, it would be very weird if she was any different.

A competent Haruka would be interesting to see. :) It'd be the only way to blow Shizuru's mind.

Armitage : *sips tea* Students should be free to frolic and do whatever they please.

Shizuru Kaichou : ...what are you?

Touche, it would be interesting. Damn, now I wanna see it >_<

LOL!!! XDD
Grawrr
Grawrr
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Bubuzuke points : 1234
Armitage GUTS!!! : 67

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:04 pm

Armitage : YOU WILL NOT SEE ANYTHING EXCEPT MY HAND ACROSS YOUR FACE!

Viola : Mou, such violence~
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluholic711 Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:44 pm

*Sigh* Yuuichi....
*pauses after realizing what she just said out loud*
I-I mean...ah damnit!
Bluholic711
Bluholic711
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

Bubuzuke points : 4629
Armitage GUTS!!! : 626

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:28 pm

Isn't it obvious? The new girl who's making headlines at Fuuka Academy.

My dear Mai-san. Nothing on this miserable planet matches her beauty.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Zweifel Marguerite Sun Mar 10, 2013 5:04 pm

bump

I can safely say it's everyone with the exception of ShizNat, Ishigami, possibly Reito (well, it's a natural thing to dislike a villain, I suppose...) and probably Mashiro. Everyone is else is just likeable. Can't pick just one out of them all.
Zweifel Marguerite
Zweifel Marguerite
Resident TakuAki fanatic
Resident TakuAki fanatic

Bubuzuke points : 1192
Armitage GUTS!!! : 337

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Sun Mar 10, 2013 7:32 pm

Ivenetta-Zweifel wrote: bump

I can safely say it's everyone with the exception of ShizNat, Ishigami, possibly Reito (well, it's a natural thing to dislike a villain, I suppose...) and probably Mashiro. Everyone is else is just likeable. Can't pick just one out of them all.

Can I speak for you and say that Akira and Takumi rank the highest of your list?
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by GAP Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:53 pm

I need to rewatch the series one day, but my current favorite character is is Mai.
GAP
GAP
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 429
Armitage GUTS!!! : 126

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:58 pm

GAP wrote:I need to rewatch the series one day, but my current favorite character is is Mai.

Wise choice. Mai Tokiha is awesome personified. mai hime
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Zweifel Marguerite Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:50 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
Ivenetta-Zweifel wrote: bump

Can I speak for you and say that Akira and Takumi rank the highest of your list?

You are absolutely right, Sir Luu! Akira Takumi

BUT!
Objection

I would be lying if I said that they are my only favourites. A lot of characters are pretty close to the high rank as well.
Zweifel Marguerite
Zweifel Marguerite
Resident TakuAki fanatic
Resident TakuAki fanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:07 pm

Ivenetta-Zweifel wrote:
BUT!
Objection

I would be lying if I said that they are my only favourites. A lot of characters are pretty close to the high rank as well.[/color]

>:3 I KNEW IT, DAMMIT! I KNEW YOU WOULD FIND THE NEW EMOTE...somehow...

At one time, was Natsuki in your top favorites? Upon watching the series, you didn't know about the whole ShizNat phenomenon just yet, right Zwei-chan? o.o
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Zweifel Marguerite Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:58 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
Ivenetta-Zweifel wrote:
BUT!
Objection

I would be lying if I said that they are my only favourites. A lot of characters are pretty close to the high rank as well.[/color]

>:3 I KNEW IT, DAMMIT! I KNEW YOU WOULD FIND THE NEW EMOTE...somehow...

At one time, was Natsuki in your top favorites? Upon watching the series, you didn't know about the whole ShizNat phenomenon just yet, right Zwei-chan? o.o

I read the update post before this one xD

You will probably think I am super weird, but the problem with me is ShizNat, not Shizuru and Natsuki. You see, I like Natsuki, I like guns and the fact the she is an ice HiME (well, sort of). I can also relate to her, we are both very bitter when it comes to relationships with others. Same applies to Shizuru - to be honest, in HiME, I like her a lot, she is the most interesting character to analyze, not to mention she is very beautiful, and I like good-looking characters.
The thing that pisses me off is them paired together. You know, even if it did come out of the blue for me, I could live with that, I could, really, even if I think that they do not match together. But, as time went on, this particular pair started to get on my nerves, and that's because of the fandom it has.
Don't get me wrong, I've met very open-minded ShizNat fans, but, compared to the large amount of ShizNatters in general, they are rare pearls to find. Most of ShizNat fans just sit in their box of ShizNat, never even trying to peek out of it. This is what makes me dislike this pairing that much: the characters don't fit together and the fandom it has. And they are the most popular characters, despite the fact that Mai is the main heroine in the series. Sure, ShizNat is great at attracting fans to Mai-Series, but, if ShizNat is the only thing that can do that, it's pretty sad. SUNRISE concentrates a lot on them, forgetting about other potentionally great characters, which hurts me. A lot.
Zweifel Marguerite
Zweifel Marguerite
Resident TakuAki fanatic
Resident TakuAki fanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:21 pm

Thanks for clearing that up, Zwei. I've often assumed through your rantings on ShizNat in the past, not to mention our podcasts, that you hated the two as individual characters. I'm relieved to know that isn't the case.

I do disagree on the Sunrise part. Yes, Sunrise capitalized on ShizNat's popularity by making them canon in Mai-Otome. However, even that wasn't enough to overtake the fandom as Sunrise did all they could to build up Arika Yumemiya in Mai-Otome. Not once were ShizNat ever the vocal point of Otome, case and point being the Tomoe ordeal. That couldn't be any more subplot if it tried. :'3
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Zweifel Marguerite Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:55 pm

I guess I am neutral. There are points that admire in them, and there are also situations I wish they didn't exist at all. And be even more surprised - I like Shizuru more than Natsuki as a character.

Ah, but I am talking about HiME, since it is a thread dedicaded to it. Nonetheless, they take away a lot of attention in both shows, the most in HiME. And Natsuki also has her own prelude, even if it would be more logical for Mai to have one. She is the main character, and it all started with her, after all. For a main character, her personality, issues and storyline is never well explained.
Zweifel Marguerite
Zweifel Marguerite
Resident TakuAki fanatic
Resident TakuAki fanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:01 pm

Ivenetta-Zweifel wrote:Ah, but I am talking about HiME, since it is a thread dedicaded to it. Nonetheless, they take away a lot of attention in both shows, the most in HiME. And Natsuki also has her own prelude, even if it would be more logical for Mai to have one. She is the main character, and it all started with her, after all. For a main character, her personality, issues and storyline is never well explained.

I'm only using Otome as an example, because it is because of the popularity from HiME that caused Sunrise to do what they did. ;p Not all of the HiME have vast backstory like Shiho and Yukariko. I believe they led pretty normal lives until the events of the anime. HiME like Akira Okuzaki do have stories to tell as they come from unique backgrounds. Akira entire ninja clan knew about her being a HiME, I would of loved to see that be explored, all the while Akira struggles with being a girl. XD
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Kuga Natsuki Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:59 pm

I think reason why Natsuki has her own prelude is because she has one of the most dramatic background stories. I guess Sunrise couldn't be arsed making more episodes about background stories, probably because of money, time, and/or they're just trolling Razz
Kuga Natsuki
Kuga Natsuki
Space Samurai Marshall Banana
Space Samurai Marshall Banana

Bubuzuke points : 9709
Armitage GUTS!!! : 593

http://stargazerium.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:56 pm

Nymphetamine wrote:I think reason why Natsuki has her own prelude is because she has one of the most dramatic background stories. I guess Sunrise couldn't be arsed making more episodes about background stories, probably because of money, time, and/or they're just trolling Razz

Oh yes, Sunrise is so worried about money and time. I guess they secretly outsourced all those uninspired Gundam titles. This is just trolling on their part, D. Something in me says they aren't aware of how popular Mai-HiME/Otome really is.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Highman Wed May 01, 2013 1:18 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
Nymphetamine wrote:I think reason why Natsuki has her own prelude is because she has one of the most dramatic background stories. I guess Sunrise couldn't be arsed making more episodes about background stories, probably because of money, time, and/or they're just trolling Razz

Oh yes, Sunrise is so worried about money and time. I guess they secretly outsourced all those uninspired Gundam titles. This is just trolling on their part, D. Something in me says they aren't aware of how popular Mai-HiME/Otome really is.

Reason is because popularity LN and involvement with Dengaki publishing as of now but they maybe interest doing originals again. They truly know the Mai-franchise is popular enough outside and much well in Japan, it's just how they want to capitalize and give PR something to focus for the longrun. I'm really worried what's the outlook and business decision that carrying them forward. Gundam is other LN series are the only things that would keep'em going for now, Mai-franchise is in fact one of them.

Really want to do another Mai-series HiME/Otome possibly connected this year and I do believe they made this new projects earlier after Sifr ended. Next couple of years is going this make or break this company.

Highman
Highman
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 634
Armitage GUTS!!! : 113

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiros Razer Sun Jun 23, 2013 2:40 am

My favorite characters change quite often but I like a lot of them.

Shizuru is the one that attracts me with both looks and personality.

Mikoto is a likable character but no physical attraction.
I just simply like her character.

Mai, shes a good girl but DO NOT piss her off.

I like women that are motherly and sometimes I am needed to be put in my place.

(Just not all of the time.)

Natsuki reminds me of myself but I am still rather childish like Mikoto. Also Natsuki is attractive but I see her more like myself so it leads me to stray from her.
However I do like her paired with Shizuru.

She is a woman who could understand girls like us!

Nao amuses me.
Makes me smile and laugh.

These are the ones I like the most.
Kiros Razer
Kiros Razer
Coral student
Coral student

Bubuzuke points : 730
Armitage GUTS!!! : 112

http://kirosrazer.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by RoyBread Sun Jun 23, 2013 4:12 am

Most of the characters in the series are likable but I've always favored Haruka more than the rest.

Picking a second favorite is harder. If you had asked me as a teenager i would have likely said Shizuru, but nowadays i find that so many of them are in near equal favor.

Also, Suzushiro gif where?

RoyBread
Fuuka Academy Student
Fuuka Academy Student

Bubuzuke points : 20
Armitage GUTS!!! : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Midori Sugiura Mon Aug 25, 2014 12:18 am

When I first started Mai HiME my favorite character was Natsuki Kuga, she would remain my main character for a while...then Shizuru would tie with her,

years later while looking back at the series I realized some love for Midori and the more I looked the more I loved, and realized...I aspire to be her even

Midori Sugiura, my favorite Mai HiME character
 Philosodori 
Midori Sugiura
Midori Sugiura
High Priest Brony of Midori-ism
High Priest Brony of Midori-ism

Bubuzuke points : 3743
Armitage GUTS!!! : 251

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7