Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Sudden Realization about Shizuru

+10
magicmaster03
ShizuruF
Asuka Tenjou
ookamidesu
Luu Sky Sapphire
RedEyedWolf
Flamewolf119
SpiderNeKoHiME
Kino karutta-chan
Ice Silver Crystal
14 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

A Sudden Realization about Shizuru Empty A Sudden Realization about Shizuru

Post by Ice Silver Crystal Wed Aug 18, 2010 4:44 pm

*waves* Konnichiwa! I finished watching Mai hime for the third time during my summer break and something struck me concerning Fujino. Has she ever been in an -actual- relationship before? Her feelings for Kuga are sure fire flirtatious. Don't you all think her outward personality is a result of being with so many girls in the past? I'm not referring to her fan club who wants to apply sunscreen to her back either. h_h. Maybe i'm missing something.
Ice Silver Crystal
Ice Silver Crystal
Kruger Wolf Pack Puppy
Kruger Wolf Pack Puppy

Bubuzuke points : 1340
Armitage GUTS!!! : 485

Back to top Go down

A Sudden Realization about Shizuru Empty Re: A Sudden Realization about Shizuru

Post by Kino karutta-chan Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:18 pm

I don't think that Shizuru was in a relationship before. I think the fact that she loves Natsuki so much makes her so "fire flirtatious" (love this combination ;D). She knows that Natsuki won't run away, because of her teasing all the time, because they are or rather were best friends, right??
If you refer to the time when Shizuru kissed her... it was only a cute, little kiss, so I am pretty sure it was her first ;D

Oh, and I will put this to the other "ShizNat"-threads, because I think it would be better there. If you don't think so, say it : D
Kino karutta-chan
Kino karutta-chan
Eyes Set to Kk-chan ö.ö
Eyes Set to Kk-chan ö.ö

Bubuzuke points : 7047
Armitage GUTS!!! : 1556

http://kinokarutta-chan.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by SpiderNeKoHiME Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:58 pm

but maria-sama, surely fujino-san got her self confidence from dating in the past.
just sayin from a real life perspective. someone who never dated isnt as confident
as shizuru in my experiences. :/
SpiderNeKoHiME
SpiderNeKoHiME
Spider Queen
Spider Queen

Bubuzuke points : 1353
Armitage GUTS!!! : 278

Back to top Go down

Post by Kino karutta-chan Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:18 pm

I think you forgot the fact that we are talking about Shizuru! o_o ;P

Well, no... Yeah, I see your point. I didn't thought like this when I wrote my post. Now when I am thinking about it... I am pretty sure she had to date, because of her parent's house ö.ö
Kino karutta-chan
Kino karutta-chan
Eyes Set to Kk-chan ö.ö
Eyes Set to Kk-chan ö.ö

Back to top Go down

Post by Flamewolf119 Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:00 pm

No way our Fujino had never been with a girl before. I always thought she was a big time player before Natsuki, and messed around with a lot of girls, but was never in love with any of them. Because she sure knew how to flirt with girls, but she didn't really know how to handle her love for Natsuki.

...which is hot. >.>

Last edited by Flamewolf119 on Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Flamewolf119
Flamewolf119
HiME Ranger
HiME Ranger

Bubuzuke points : 187
Armitage GUTS!!! : 79

Back to top Go down

Post by SpiderNeKoHiME Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:30 am

i think gill-sama is right. :/ Kuga is the only girl not willing to throw herself at fujino
thus caught fujino's interest. people want what they cant easily have meh thinks :3
SpiderNeKoHiME
SpiderNeKoHiME
Spider Queen
Spider Queen

Bubuzuke points : 1353
Armitage GUTS!!! : 278

Back to top Go down

Post by RedEyedWolf Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:51 pm

i think Shizuru had gone from "person to person" but it was just for fun. i was the same way when i first got into highschool and that's how i got a reputation... i had stalkers not fan club members but then i fell in love right, it changes you when you meet them, so i think she played around before Kuga. confidence isn't just there, you have to get it.
RedEyedWolf
RedEyedWolf
Coral student
Coral student

Bubuzuke points : 965
Armitage GUTS!!! : 408

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:35 pm

*takes a deep breath*

Okay, this is how I see it. Shizuru is a pretender. There I said it. Though I do agree with Gill-sama, she's is definitely a player as well. Shizuru to me is a lot like Batman/Bruce Wayne. The difficulty with duality. With her "mask" on, she's the calm and inspiring Student Council President whom all the girls admire. There's a problem with that, these girls are cookie cutters. They all admire Shizuru. In that way I imagine. In the same exact fashion. Shizuru enjoys the attention, but then realizes something's missing. Where is that one special girl that won't orgasm at the sight of her or her reputation as a leader at Fuuka. Someone she can actually put effort into.

Yes, Shizuru will respond to the average fangirl. But she won't go past the point of no return. Enter Natsuki. An enigma of a girl, with one gorgeous ass. To Shizuru, Natsuki's aura of mystery interests her. She was not like the other cookie cutter girls, Natsuki is something much, MUCH more. Don't believe me?

A Sudden Realization about Shizuru PDVD_445

^ That picture, well, it doesn't know how to lie. It only shows you what's put right in front of it.

I call Shizuru a pretender because whether or not she dated girls before, she puts on this pimp act for show. Because deep down inside, she wants someone to love. Acquiring Natsuki's love was going to be difficult. Natsuki had her own agenda, was a HiME herself, had trouble trusting others, was clueless about Shizuru's definition of "like" and was devastated upon discovering what Shizuru did while she was asleep. Those who truly believe Shizuru can make anyone fall in love with her is wrong. She can make robots fall in love, not someone more human with depth and an air of mystery like Natsuki. I certainly cannot blame Shizuru for choosing Natsuki as her object of affections. When someone makes you feel special beyond just the good looks, then you have no other choice.

Follow your heart. Not logic. That's why I'm in a successful relationship now. ^_~ So is Shizuru.

Natsuki no Prelude = Canon.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Bubuzuke points : 42532
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2524

http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by RedEyedWolf Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:51 am

i agree with Luu, however, i'm still wondering where this confidence comes from, it's something you learn. she didn't just pop out of her mom a sexy amazing beautiful creature on the outside. as much as most people don't like to see Shizuru as human sometimes when it comes to her overall personality we must right? if we had a "Shizuru no Prelude" it would clear the air about her mysterious past. cuz we really know NOTHING about her personal life. parents, friends, hell she could come from a crack addict family and we'd never know. all we know is the outcome of her past on her personality.

raised in a traditional home: her interests are traditional in nature

most likely between normal and strict parents: she is rather organized yet she doesn't seem to do much, she plans according to her agenda, not someone elses.

Nothing suggests that she is from a rich family so she could be from any level of income: many fan fictions are based on Shizuru being from a rich family but that is because of her casual personality that comes from having rich parents but it can also come from having horrible parents that show little affection.

the love in her early childhood would be close to flattery more than true affection: this is based off her lack of true friends or loved ones, she takes compliments as flattery not as a sign of affection. thus in the end where she cannot control her love for Natsuki is a fine example of the flattery vs. Affection. she doesn't know how to take it either way, whether acceptance or rejection.

it's all psych 101
RedEyedWolf
RedEyedWolf
Coral student
Coral student

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Fri Aug 20, 2010 3:50 am

When it comes to Shizuru, it's all based on theory. We don't know what kind of family she grew up with. The kind of people they were anyway. We do know (from obvious on-screen hints) that she was raised by a traditional Japanese family. Like anyone her age, she obviously went against the grain. Being a lesbian. It makes sense that Tracy's Midoruki (Midori x Natsuki) fanfiction in the Fan Works section has Shizuru eventually succumbing to the wishes of her parents who follow tradition. That is fanon of course, though it does make logical sense.

I agree with you, Shizuru doesn't really have friends does she? Just associates. That's the best way to describe Reito, Haruka and Yukino. She placed herself in a position where she pretty much stated "Screw the world. As long as I have Natsuki, everything is perfect." Shizuru is lonely behind-the-scenes, and would be somewhat of a social failure if her "mask" wasn't so damn convincing. There's more.

The scene where she talks to Takeda. Shizuru is alone, thinking about Natsuki (blame the convenient-transition). She can't talk to anyone else about her feelings on the matter. No one. IMO, she chooses not to. If I were in her position, I would of done the same. While I value support and concern from my friends, only I know what's best for me. Friends and family could cloud your judgment and make you do something rash. Of course, this was all rendered moot when Haruka and Yukino got involved. Was Shizuru going to tell Natsuki what she did in her sleep if Harukino didn't pop up? Who knows. She appeared to have too much fun having her way. Which we can joke about since it's ShizNat. Story-wise, it was something Natsuki took seriously. The girl practically screamed in terror when Shizuru tried to touch her. A very heart-wrenching moment in the series.

There's some light at the end of the tunnel. In Episode 26 and Kuro no Mai, we clearly see Shizuru get more involved in the circle of friends. Reuniting with the HiME, showing concern for Mikoto's "death", being around the other girls at the karaoke bar and the beach (punishing Reito lol) are signs of a more open Shizuru. Removing that "mask", being honest with Natsuki and recieving Natsuki's forgiveness practically set her free.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by RedEyedWolf Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:17 am

yet the question remains... has shizuru been with a lover in the past? and is her confidence just her character (we would assume it was considering she's fictional but in the base of reality it doesn't work that way) or has she gained it through random relationships that none of the viewers know of.

i would say it was learned through flings in her YOUNGER years before Natsuki. middle school romance and such, but it never did fill the void for shizuru after a realization of affection vs. flattery.
RedEyedWolf
RedEyedWolf
Coral student
Coral student

Back to top Go down

Post by Ice Silver Crystal Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:56 am

Thx for the feedback guys! Luu and Red made me think more about who Shizuru is. I still don't like her much and would prefer to see Natsuki with a girl who isn't so obvious about her feelings. I want her and Mai as a couple! h_h I know it will never happen.
Ice Silver Crystal
Ice Silver Crystal
Kruger Wolf Pack Puppy
Kruger Wolf Pack Puppy

Back to top Go down

Post by RedEyedWolf Sat Aug 21, 2010 1:29 am

Ice Silver Crystal wrote:
Thx for the feedback guys! Luu and Red made me think more about who Shizuru is. I still don't like her much and would prefer to see Natsuki with a girl who isn't so obvious about her feelings. I want her and Mai as a couple! h_h I know it will never happen.

haha that's ok, even though i'm a hardcore shiznat fan, seeing Shizuru with Nao would be my dream Wink i think our Shizuru rants are because we see her as an actual person in these ha, if she was she would be MINE i tell you Wink you can have your Natsuki Mai paring if i can have shizuru <3 deal
RedEyedWolf
RedEyedWolf
Coral student
Coral student

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:33 pm

In the end, it's better if Shizuru remains a mystery. ^_~ Sunrise could offer some backstory to her life in a new series.

Mai shipped with Natsuki? One could only wish, since Mai is straight as an arrow. ^____^ They do look smexy together in fanarts and doujin.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Ice Silver Crystal Sat Aug 21, 2010 3:08 pm

They do. It's similar to dating your best friend. MaiNat scenes felt very natural and not forced.
Ice Silver Crystal
Ice Silver Crystal
Kruger Wolf Pack Puppy
Kruger Wolf Pack Puppy

Back to top Go down

Post by RedEyedWolf Sat Aug 21, 2010 10:21 pm

except we all know what happens when you do end up dating your best friend... :X
RedEyedWolf
RedEyedWolf
Coral student
Coral student

Back to top Go down

Post by Flamewolf119 Sat Aug 21, 2010 11:40 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:

Was Shizuru going to tell Natsuki what she did in her sleep if Harukino didn't pop up? Who knows. She appeared to have too much fun having her way. Which we can joke about since it's ShizNat. Story-wise, it was something Natsuki took seriously. The girl practically screamed in terror when Shizuru tried to touch her. A very heart-wrenching moment in the series.

I know, when I rewatched recently, that scene really got to me, for some reason, much more so than the first time around. Maybe this was because I was really looking at Shizuru's character more carefully. I found myself so utterly disappointed in her. What broke my heart was that Natsuki must've thought at that moment that she was truly alone. The person she had decided to give some of her heart to after a long period of loneliness had broken (almost) every strand of trust that they had both worked so hard to build. It must've been extremely painful (as evidenced of course by the absence of Duran at that time).

Their relationship was so beautifully tragic. I can definitely see why someone would dislike Shizuru. But I guess you would have to remember that the two of them can be considered lonely souls, and that Shizuru, despite her facade of being well-adjusted and stable, needed Natsuki just as much as Natsuki needed her. I believe that that's why Natsuki forgave her after all of that. They're kindred spirits.
Flamewolf119
Flamewolf119
HiME Ranger
HiME Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by Flamewolf119 Sat Aug 21, 2010 11:43 pm

Also, admittedly, I think ShizNao for naughtiness' sake is hot. Nao's sexual deviance and ferocity + Shizuru's sheer lesbo perversion = nosebleed of death

*q*
Flamewolf119
Flamewolf119
HiME Ranger
HiME Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by RedEyedWolf Sat Aug 21, 2010 11:59 pm

but we also have to consider what happened that night right? it never does say, i mean Shizuru could have slept next ti Natsuki just to feel like they were together, i have done something similar. i had a crush on my best friend and we got drunk together one night, she passed out and i cuddled with her. she never found out but still, shizuru could have just done that, and many people sleep naked of close to it so we really have no idea. Yukino wasn't very descriptive was she? and she leaves a lot to our imagination. and from the short clip we saw it could have been anything...

sorry if i seem to take Shizuru's side in this but we seriously have no clue, all Yukino did was OUT shizuru as a gay fish, and i blame Yukino and her Bitch moment for Shizuru going crazy.
RedEyedWolf
RedEyedWolf
Coral student
Coral student

Back to top Go down

Post by RedEyedWolf Sun Aug 22, 2010 12:00 am

Flamewolf119 wrote:Also, admittedly, I think ShizNao for naughtiness' sake is hot. Nao's sexual deviance and ferocity + Shizuru's sheer lesbo perversion = nosebleed of death

*q*

Kudos to you, they're sexy together.
RedEyedWolf
RedEyedWolf
Coral student
Coral student

Back to top Go down

Post by Flamewolf119 Sun Aug 22, 2010 12:28 am

RedEyedWolf wrote:but we also have to consider what happened that night right? it never does say, i mean Shizuru could have slept next ti Natsuki just to feel like they were together, i have done something similar. i had a crush on my best friend and we got drunk together one night, she passed out and i cuddled with her. she never found out but still, shizuru could have just done that, and many people sleep naked of close to it so we really have no idea. Yukino wasn't very descriptive was she? and she leaves a lot to our imagination. and from the short clip we saw it could have been anything...

If I were Natsuki and I heard "I SAW what you did to her in her sleep you GHEY FEESH! *A* " I may have freaked too.

RedEyedWolf wrote:
sorry if i seem to take Shizuru's side in this but we seriously have no clue, all Yukino did was OUT shizuru as a gay fish, and i blame Yukino and her Bitch moment for Shizuru going crazy.

I think you mean CowardlyHypocrite moment. :evil:

Last edited by Flamewolf119 on Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Flamewolf119
Flamewolf119
HiME Ranger
HiME Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by RedEyedWolf Sun Aug 22, 2010 1:17 am

Flamewolf is right. i mean anyone would have freaked out because it does imply more than just cuddling but that was because Yukino was Haruka's bitch at the time, and wanted to get Shizuru upset. they weren't there to just talk, Yukino tried to attack Mai remember? so Yukino's word doesn't have much credibility.

I think you mean CowardlyHypocrite moment.

Yukino is just as gay as Shizuru haha so she had no right to be a selfish bitch, also some might say that shizuru's guilt after Natsuki found out was proof that something sexual happened, but that's not true either now is it. i think she was more worried about what natsuki thought about her gayness and liking Natsuki herself. and the rejection of not only her feelings but HERSELF as a person from the one person she loves.
RedEyedWolf
RedEyedWolf
Coral student
Coral student

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Sun Aug 22, 2010 3:36 pm

Yukino is just as guilty as Shizuru. Sleeping naked next to Natsuki is less of a crime than being a poopie-pants buttinski. Haruka and Yukino had no business to be concerned with what Shizuru was doing. My opinion. :D
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Kino karutta-chan Sun Aug 22, 2010 3:43 pm

I still don't know, why people think Shizuru slept naked next to Natsuki or did even worse o.o Only because Natsuki thinks after hearing what Shizuru or more what Haruka is saying, doesn't mean that she really did anything. If am I right Natsuki was only one night at the teahouse and we know this scene where we see how Shizuru sits beside the laying Natsuki, still on the next morning. And if I remember correctly they both didn't slept at all.
Kino karutta-chan
Kino karutta-chan
Eyes Set to Kk-chan ö.ö
Eyes Set to Kk-chan ö.ö

Back to top Go down

Post by RedEyedWolf Sun Aug 22, 2010 3:45 pm

because she took her clothes off in the short clip Wink yum
RedEyedWolf