Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mai Tokiha attempts CPR...incorrectly [Mai-HiME Episode 1]

4 posters

Go down

Mai Tokiha attempts CPR...incorrectly [Mai-HiME Episode 1] Empty Mai Tokiha attempts CPR...incorrectly [Mai-HiME Episode 1]

Post by ookamidesu Sun Dec 05, 2010 1:29 am

So after writing the Tate thread about his fail non-attempt on resuscitating the drowned Mikoto, I realized that the anime depicted CPR incorrectly.

First of all, they didn't start the procedure until Mikoto was laying flat on her back. For something like this, they should have been giving her rescue breaths (aka mouth-to-mouth) every 5 seconds until she is laid down to increase her chances of living.

Secondly, when they had her laying down and have already established that Mai was going to be the one performing CPR, the first thing she did was check for a heartbeat. Okay, I'll give her that. But I was taught to check for breath also.

And then, Mai proceeded to give a rescue breath. A! ONE! Standard procedure says you need to give two. Bleh.

And then she does THREE compressions. THREE! The average number of compressions you're supposed to do is 30. The point of chest compressions is to get the blood circulating through your body. Doing THREE isn't going to get the job done. Also, her chest compressions were too slow, but that doesn't really matter when you only do THREE compressions anyway.

And Mai repeats this blunder until Mikoto miraculously coughs out the sea water and lives.

So, all I'm saying is...
Mikoto is very fortunate to be an anime character... because if she was real life person, she most likely would have died from that.

================================================================================

I want to point out that I did only take the CPR class twice, so if there is misinformation here, you should let me know. After all, it might save a life. :D

Last edited by dye882003 on Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
ookamidesu
ookamidesu
Sexilicious Zhang-papa
Sexilicious Zhang-papa

Bubuzuke points : 8884
Armitage GUTS!!! : 1354

http://jnz5012.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Mai Tokiha attempts CPR...incorrectly [Mai-HiME Episode 1] Empty Re: Mai Tokiha attempts CPR...incorrectly [Mai-HiME Episode 1]

Post by Guest Sun Dec 05, 2010 1:33 am

Did Mai tilt Mittens' head back even?

Back to top Go down

Mai Tokiha attempts CPR...incorrectly [Mai-HiME Episode 1] Empty Re: Mai Tokiha attempts CPR...incorrectly [Mai-HiME Episode 1]

Post by ookamidesu Sun Dec 05, 2010 1:38 am

Hollowed-Words wrote:Did Mai tilt Mittens' head back even?

Yesh, I believe she did. You can see Mikoto's chest rise a little from the air that she received from Mai.

But still.. three... you might as well just blow air in and not do anything.

And starve the brain of much needed oxygen from your blood-flow.
ookamidesu
ookamidesu
Sexilicious Zhang-papa
Sexilicious Zhang-papa

Bubuzuke points : 8884
Armitage GUTS!!! : 1354

http://jnz5012.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Abicion Sun Dec 05, 2010 5:14 am

Reito would have just brought her back as a swamp zombie, anyway. She's too important to Operation Get Mai To Make Me A Sandwich.
Abicion
Abicion
HiME Ranger
HiME Ranger

Bubuzuke points : 247
Armitage GUTS!!! : 16

https://www.youtube.com/user/OrihimintRyunanade

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:55 am

Abicion wrote:Reito would have just brought her back as a swamp zombie, anyway. She's too important to Operation Get Mai To Make Me A Sandwich.

Pfft-BAHAHAHAH! XD That made me laugh lol, nice!

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Sun Dec 05, 2010 11:12 am

All this does is further prove my point that SUNRISE rushes their plot along. ;p

Seriously, this is very interesting to know. Mai's CPR skills are officially a Deus ex machina.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Bubuzuke points : 42532
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2524

http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by denerop Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:01 pm

awe mai, and then telling them you know how to do it >.<
denerop
denerop
Coral student
Coral student

Bubuzuke points : 704
Armitage GUTS!!! : 113

https://www.youtube.com/user/darklinege

Back to top Go down

Post by Abicion Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:01 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:All this does is further prove my point that SUNRISE rushes their plot along. ;p
I'd say it's more of an issue of them making it up as they go along.
Abicion
Abicion
HiME Ranger
HiME Ranger

Bubuzuke points : 247
Armitage GUTS!!! : 16

https://www.youtube.com/user/OrihimintRyunanade

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down