Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

If a third Mai-series anime came out, what do you want to see?

+23
PostoronnimV
Magus Phantalus
fortunelestion
BMeph
LyriumEidolon
Miyotakano
Hohoemu
GAP
sarcastic-dog
Amaya
TeaLover
Abicion
The Fire Stirring Ruby
AtlantisLux
Kyubey Mittens
Asuka Tenjou
ghost_zero
Highman
Luu Sky Sapphire
SpiderNeKoHiME
Krystal of Nol
Konaxookami
Ice Silver Crystal
27 posters

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

If a third Mai-series anime came out, what do you want to see? - Page 2 Empty Re: If a third Mai-series anime came out, what do you want to see?

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:28 pm

That is correct, mi amiga. ^_~

Bottom line, spin off or more Mai-HiME/Otome, I'll accept it. Even if they follow up on the Otome blu-ray clip, giving hints to the bridge between HiME and Otome, I'll watch it. Be warned, that's when things will get so confusing, it would be the same as a casual viewer trying to figure out the Saw films.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Bubuzuke points : 42532
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2524

http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

If a third Mai-series anime came out, what do you want to see? - Page 2 Empty Re: If a third Mai-series anime came out, what do you want to see?

Post by Highman Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:49 am

Hello I'm new here and have a take for the next series:

-A sequel to the original HiME series

-52-64 episode series altogether

-Including the prequel when Mashiro was a HiME even the past Festivals

-The revealing and purpose of the Black Mountain did it come here destroy Earth or bring hope.

-Will it connect to Otome or make it non-existent and go with a new path for the HiME's future.

-New HiME's or types of Materializers.

That's all but I can think of right now.

Highman
Highman
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 634
Armitage GUTS!!! : 113

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:18 am

I second that! I agree it would be very interesting to see Mashiro as a HiME, and the past festivals!

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:24 pm

Welcome to the boards, Highman.

Highman wrote:Including the prequel when Mashiro was a HiME even the past Festivals

Agreed. They gave Mai-Otome better treatment in this field.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Highman Tue Sep 14, 2010 4:38 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:Welcome to the boards, Highman.

Highman wrote:Including the prequel when Mashiro was a HiME even the past Festivals

I don't know why HiME had this before it would've been more better to continue it, then we wouldn't have this problem.
Highman
Highman
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ice Silver Crystal Tue Sep 14, 2010 5:03 pm

Highman wrote:52-64 episode series altogether

I would like Mai Hime extended that far, it has so much to offer. Some fans have disagreed with me saying the series "peaked". No anime series peaks until every inch of it is explored. *shrug* Up to Sunrise now I guess.
Ice Silver Crystal
Ice Silver Crystal
Kruger Wolf Pack Puppy
Kruger Wolf Pack Puppy

Bubuzuke points : 1340
Armitage GUTS!!! : 485

Back to top Go down

Post by Krystal of Nol Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:34 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:Welcome to the boards, Highman.

I'm with you guys Wink
Krystal of Nol
Krystal of Nol
ShizNat Queen: cuz is never enough ShizNat!
ShizNat Queen: cuz is never enough ShizNat!

Bubuzuke points : 1967
Armitage GUTS!!! : 737

http://krystal-of-nol.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Highman Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:09 pm

Ice Silver Crystal wrote:
Highman wrote:52-64 episode series altogether

I would like Mai Hime extended that far, it has so much to offer. Some fans have disagreed with me saying the series "peaked". No anime series peaks until every inch of it is explored. *shrug* Up to Sunrise now I guess.

Well here's the worse part they may do that for the money and nothing would be explored but I think they've learned their lesson soon a long time ago. Yes there's alot to be explored in the Mai universe and I hope it won't be connected to Otome.
Highman
Highman
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ice Silver Crystal Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:53 pm

I don't want Hime and Otome to become one universe. Only because what happened in Hime is totally irrelevant to the events in Otome. It doesn't even work as a decent prequel. Hime needs to be on it's own.
Ice Silver Crystal
Ice Silver Crystal
Kruger Wolf Pack Puppy
Kruger Wolf Pack Puppy

Bubuzuke points : 1340
Armitage GUTS!!! : 485

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:06 pm

I'm comfortable with the Mai-Multiverse. There are several incarnations for the Mai-fans to enjoy, the animeverses, mangaverses, Destiny, EXA etc. The Mai-HiME anime with only 26 episodes, several audio dramas, an OVA, Natsuki no Prelude and whatever else did just fine. Though it would do a lot better if extended with an animated 3rd arc.

I agree with your statement, Ice. No matter how much back story Mai-Otome had, the series was Arika, Queen Mashiro and Nina's story. None of them had anything to do with the events of HiME.

With our luck, SUNRISE will pull a Star Wars on us anyway. Expanded universe type stuff which will, again, make things confusing. *rolls eyes* You know what, screw it. I'll end up enjoying it anyway, but don't expect the same fan reaction the original Mai-HiME anime series once got.

Oh and remember the Big Bang Project? Big success there. ^^;
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Highman Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:25 am

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:I'm comfortable with the Mai-Multiverse. There are several incarnations for the Mai-fans to enjoy, the animeverses, mangaverses, Destiny, EXA etc. The Mai-HiME anime with only 26 episodes, several audio dramas, an OVA, Natsuki no Prelude and whatever else did just fine. Though it would do a lot better if extended with an animated 3rd arc.

I agree with your statement, Ice. No matter how much back story Mai-Otome had, the series was Arika, Queen Mashiro and Nina's story. None of them had anything to do with the events of HiME.

With our luck, SUNRISE will pull a Star Wars on us anyway. Expanded universe type stuff which will, again, make things confusing. *rolls eyes* You know what, screw it. I'll end up enjoying it anyway, but don't expect the same fan reaction the original Mai-HiME anime series once got.

Oh and remember the Big Bang Project? Big success there. ^^;

The Big Bang was interesting indeed, I just hope it was a continuation of stories from HiME only not Otome. If I was Sunrise I would make a new story for the HiME sequel including the Black Mountain. Just forget about Otome anyway and make something very interesting. I know Sunrise can pull it off very well. Just for 72-96 episode series all around HiME and the whole universe.
Highman
Highman
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Post by ghost_zero Sun Oct 31, 2010 6:58 pm

As I got a bit carried away, I marked the most important part regarding this topic by making it BOLD

Well, though I don't think that they have to show that Otome and Hime are actually connected - especially because it could quite easily end up (if not done properly) in a lot of "connection errors"/"logic errors".

I personally think that they might actually connected.

For instance, I think that Miyu is the same one as the Miyu from Mai-Hime (e.g. the OS seems to be the same, it even has the part "SEARRS - For The GOLDEN MILLENIUM" in it which doesn't make much sense in Mai-Otome alone because there is no SEARRS corporation that would have built Miyu; just one remaining bloodline; and, of course, the "golden millenium" doesn't make any real sense there either - but I admit this wasn't really explained in Mai-HiME either).

I also think that this might be the case for Nagi. After all, we have no idea who he was exactly. I think he was more than just a human and I think he was actually the mastermind and not the obsidian prince.
Not to mention that he left with the headmistress (also known as - I believe it was - Queen of Hades or something like this) to some unknown place.
He could have returned later when he noticed that he got another chance to interfere with history.

I am still not sure how the new Hime star "got online" but it could have been the SEARRS corporation. Also some of the ruins (especially the one Miyu used for re-activation) looks like it is most likely the same.

Also in "Zwei" the appearance of "childs" or before when the mentioned the "slaves" are more like "childs".

However, one problem could be that this is - I believe - a different planet than the one from Mai-Hime.

Anyway, I would like to see either a new series but maybe I would first prefer a continuation to Mai-Hime because there are a lot of points still open (e.g. what the SEARS corporations goals are and various other points) and actually also a small continuation to Mai-Otome would be nice.
Maybe the should make a combo of Otome and Hime powers in a complete new series.
Well, I would like to see Arika again as main char (or combined with Mai) somehow I liked her more (she was somehow more interesting :) ).
Though the Otome Mai also has an interesting character (way better than the Mai from Mai-HiME)

For instance, I would like to know what the reason for the Master and Otome connection is, why can't they just activate their robes on their own that would make way more sense.
Not to mention that it is kinda stupid that if the Otome is hit the master feels the same pain or also dies when an Otome dies.

Actually, this also let me think that Otome and Hime might be connected and an Otome is actually a lesser Hime (well I guess with the appearance of Mikoto this also got kinda clear in Otome) and these contracts are necessary because it originates from the "child" technology (where a child represents a loved one) and now nobody knows anymore how to do it without that limitation.

However, (well I guess it is mostly because of story development) but I still don't understand why the nanomachines should stop to work when the have "you-know-what" (as I am not sure if the forum blocks the word or not :) ).
I understand that the might only work for girls but why do they have to be virgins in particular or should I say why has nobody tried to "fix" this?

ghost_zero
Fuuka Academy Student
Fuuka Academy Student

Bubuzuke points : 2
Armitage GUTS!!! : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:46 pm

ghost_zero wrote:However, (well I guess it is mostly because of story development) but I still don't understand why the nanomachines should stop to work when the have "you-know-what" (as I am not sure if the forum blocks the word or not :) ).
I understand that the might only work for girls but why do they have to be virgins in particular or should I say why has nobody tried to "fix" this?

SEX.

^_~ Not only is it allowed, I encourage you to bold it.

You made a lot of good points and have reasonable questioning for the anime Mai-series in general. SUNRISE will need to confirm that the HiME and Otome universes are not the same to be 100% sure. So far, I do believe they're not related because they have no relevance to each other as a whole. And any HiME deja-vu that pops up in Otome is just fanservice provided by SUNRISE. Just because Jason's mask and Freddy Kruger's gloves show up in Bride of Chucky, doesn't mean the universes are one. ^_~ Random example, but you know what I mean.

Now if they happen to be connected, then I want one Hell of a massive gap filled out to create a bridge from Mai-HiME to Mai-Otome. Mai-HiME needs a continuation for sure, Mai-Otome doesn't to me. Mai-Otome Zwei, while not very popular with the fans, felt like a proper closure with Arika saving the day again and Nina coming out of retirement. If SUNRISE wants to deliver more, I welcome it. More Mai-fans love Mai-HiME, so I don't see why they don't respond to that. Mai-HiME EXA doesn't count either since it's a whole new canon.

I thought it was sex with a male that makes the nanomachines stop working. So I guess nobody fixed it so Mai-Otome can remain a yuri themed series. ^_~ Seriously though, didn't the termination of the contracts allow the Otome to do anything now? Perhaps I misread that scene, but if not...get ready Kazuya. Akane is ready for you. I love you
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Asuka Tenjou Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:02 pm

I think it will be great as long as we get some more shiznat fan service there!!!
Asuka Tenjou
Asuka Tenjou
Fuuka Academy Student
Fuuka Academy Student

Bubuzuke points : 39
Armitage GUTS!!! : 16

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Sun Nov 14, 2010 12:38 am

Asuka Tenjou wrote:I think it will be great as long as we get some more shiznat fan service there!!!

:D SUNRISE is a lot of things, but they're not stupid. They're fully aware of the strong fanbase Shizuru and Natsuki have, so more fanservice is a no brainer. Razz
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Asuka Tenjou Sun Nov 14, 2010 6:42 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
Asuka Tenjou wrote:I think it will be great as long as we get some more shiznat fan service there!!!

:D SUNRISE is a lot of things, but they're not stupid. They're fully aware of the strong fanbase Shizuru and Natsuki have, so more fanservice is a no brainer. Razz

i dunno ._. mai otome could have had more... if i were the owner of sunrise.... dun dun dun *sneaks away*

(and they should have made a Mai hime movie instead of that fake trailer QQ)
Asuka Tenjou
Asuka Tenjou
Fuuka Academy Student
Fuuka Academy Student

Bubuzuke points : 39

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Sun Nov 14, 2010 7:52 pm

Asuka Tenjou wrote:me could have had more... if i were the owner of sunrise.... dun dun dun *sneaks away*

(and they should have made a Mai hime movie instead of that fake trailer QQ)

Razz Mai-Otome started right off the bat with ShizNat as an canon couple. I'm sure you would capitalize on that. ;p

(( YES. This is the biggest sin ever committed by SUNRISE.))
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyubey Mittens Sat Nov 20, 2010 12:26 pm

I would definitely like a continuation from My Hime, whether it be the previous carnivals or about the Sears Corporation I would love for more. Heck I would even watch Slice of Life anime arc of after the events in Hime.

Otome from what I've seen is covered, but there might be something cool in showing what originally prompted people to leave Earth and transport to Earl.
Kyubey Mittens
Kyubey Mittens
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 437
Armitage GUTS!!! : 154

Back to top Go down

Post by AtlantisLux Sat Nov 20, 2010 2:32 pm

I'd like another series of Mai Otome only if it was the continuation of Sifr! Aww, I liked it throughly <3 Rena is a fantastic main character, and I'd have liked to know more about Sakura, her Master, and their connection with Mashiro and Nagi.

Mai Hime... I'm not sure what a new series could add to the story. All things considered, the Hime star was destroyed, the girls lost their powers, and the Child disappeared. Now they live in a peaceful world, and I thank the screenwriters for this Wink
Maybe something about the previous Carnivals could be interesting to watch, though.
AtlantisLux
AtlantisLux
Fuuka Academy Student
Fuuka Academy Student

Bubuzuke points : 155
Armitage GUTS!!! : 63

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:25 pm

Duran's Flower wrote:Heck I would even watch Slice of Life anime arc of after the events in Hime.

I agree here. Slice of life stories with the Mai-HiME cast is what everyone wants to see. The whole fighting/saving the world thing has already been accomplished. I'd like to see more focus on character relationships.

AtlantisLux wrote:I'd like another series of Mai Otome only if it was the continuation of Sifr! Aww, I liked it throughly <3 Rena is a fantastic main character, and I'd have liked to know more about Sakura, her Master, and their connection with Mashiro and Nagi.

I haven't seen Sifr in the longest time (only seen it once) because I knew Bandai would eventually release it on DVD. And they are:

My-Otome 0~S.ifr~ coming to North America!

From what I remember, knowing more about Rena was very rewarding. She is the mother of Sailor Moon 2.0 (aka Arika Yumemiya) and it tickled more speculation surrounding the Mai-Otomeverse. I'll be reviewing Sifr and talking more about it when the new DVD releases.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by AtlantisLux Sun Nov 21, 2010 1:52 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
From what I remember, knowing more about Rena was very rewarding. She is the mother of Sailor Moon 2.0 (aka Arika Yumemiya) and it tickled more speculation surrounding the Mai-Otomeverse. I'll be reviewing Sifr and talking more about it when the new DVD releases.

I'll look forward to reading that so :)
Honestly I like Rena much more than Arika (and her falling in love with Shiro was pure cuteness I love you). Her battle scenes were awesome, and I'd gladly watch a series based on her story. Even if it's a tragic one :(
AtlantisLux
AtlantisLux
Fuuka Academy Student
Fuuka Academy Student

Bubuzuke points : 155
Armitage GUTS!!! : 63

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:03 pm

AtlantisLux wrote:Honestly I like Rena much more than Arika (and her falling in love with Shiro was pure cuteness I love you). Her battle scenes were awesome, and I'd gladly watch a series based on her story. Even if it's a tragic one :(

Rena is amazing in battle, her robe is obviously the strongest there is. I can't help but like Arika more though. Arika started out at the bottom when it came to being an Otome and became the best in such a short time. Truly an underdog story with her. If anyone is worthy of having Rena's torch, it's Arika. ^o^ It was passed in spirit.

T_T Oh God, if they did a another series on Rena, it'll probably lead up to her death at the hands of Reito...oop...I meant Rad. ;p
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by The Fire Stirring Ruby Fri Dec 24, 2010 3:56 am

I want to see more of Mikoto Minagi and Mai Tokiha moments.
I want to see Mikoto diving her head into Mai's melons, being possessive of Mai and eating seconds of Mai's dishes!
The Fire Stirring Ruby
The Fire Stirring Ruby
Ramen Noodles Specialist
Ramen Noodles Specialist

Bubuzuke points : 2486
Armitage GUTS!!! : 746

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Sun Dec 26, 2010 10:39 pm

The Fire Stirring Ruby wrote:I want to see more of Mikoto Minagi and Mai Tokiha moments.
I want to see Mikoto diving her head into Mai's melons, being possessive of Mai and eating seconds of Mai's dishes!

XD I have to admit, those moments between Mai and Mikoto weren't as frequent as one would hope. Seeing them again in Mai-Otome for the first time was like revisiting old friends. o.o
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Abicion Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:47 pm

Akane Shizuruing everyone for 26 episodes.

It's the only way to balance things out.
Abicion
Abicion
HiME Ranger
HiME Ranger

Bubuzuke points : 247

https://www.youtube.com/user/OrihimintRyunanade

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next