Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

If a third Mai-series anime came out, what do you want to see?

+23
PostoronnimV
Magus Phantalus
fortunelestion
BMeph
LyriumEidolon
Miyotakano
Hohoemu
GAP
sarcastic-dog
Amaya
TeaLover
Abicion
The Fire Stirring Ruby
AtlantisLux
Kyubey Mittens
Asuka Tenjou
ghost_zero
Highman
Luu Sky Sapphire
SpiderNeKoHiME
Krystal of Nol
Konaxookami
Ice Silver Crystal
27 posters

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

If a third Mai-series anime came out, what do you want to see? - Page 5 Empty Re: If a third Mai-series anime came out, what do you want to see?

Post by fortunelestion Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:18 am

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
fortunelestion wrote: nosebleed nosebleed nosebleed Triple nosebleeds with all those fluffy ShizNat! Oh my gosh, I really want they to be main characters. I hope so, really really hope so. What should we do?! What should we dooo?!  frustrated I wish I have HiME power to threaten Sunrise. Sunrise Baka!

We'll raid Sunrise Inc. together once I grab a hold of my Kagu! mai hime

Sunrise definitely acknowledges ShizNat, so it's not impossible. There's a reason they made them a canon couple in the approved prequel/sequel Natsuki no Prelude and the most obvious in Mai-Otome!

Me : Ganbatte Luu! I will cheer for you.
Luu : Why don't you help me?
Me : Sorry Luu, but Kagutsuchi alone is enough to tear down Sunrise Inc. Moreover I must eat my burger now  Shizuru Fujino 
Luu : It's unfair! Btw what burger is that?
Me : Its chicken burger, do you want it?
Luu : *drools* I do
Me : Here *gives wrapped chicken burger*

Narator : And they forget about their plan.

I hope so Luu. It is like they keep their image to let innocent girl (Like Arika and Mai) to be main char. They let ShizNat be side pairing :( Even though the most popular couple is them. Sunrise no Baka!  mad 
fortunelestion
fortunelestion
HiME Ranger
HiME Ranger

Bubuzuke points : 207
Armitage GUTS!!! : 73

Back to top Go down

If a third Mai-series anime came out, what do you want to see? - Page 5 Empty Re: If a third Mai-series anime came out, what do you want to see?

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:06 pm

*A* It's a chicken burger. I'd forget my own mother's birthday for one.

Oh I'm fine with Mai and Arika! They're both fantastic lead girls we can cheer for (although Mai's sulking and inability to be honest with herself was frustrating to watch at first). Mai-Otome Zwei's 4th OVA teased that Ribbon-chan would take up the mantle of Arika as the next heroine; so Sunrise definitely enjoys their innocent girl protagonist.

But still, we've seen the main stories. Can we just get spin-offs now? With the enormous popularity of Shizuru and Natsuki, it would be a big hit among the yuri community.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Bubuzuke points : 42532
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2524

http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by fortunelestion Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:03 am

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:*A* It's a chicken burger. I'd forget my own mother's birthday for one.

Oh I'm fine with Mai and Arika! They're both fantastic lead girls we can cheer for (although Mai's sulking and inability to be honest with herself was frustrating to watch at first). Mai-Otome Zwei's 4th OVA teased that Ribbon-chan would take up the mantle of Arika as the next heroine; so Sunrise definitely enjoys their innocent girl protagonist.

But still, we've seen the main stories. Can we just get spin-offs now? With the enormous popularity of Shizuru and Natsuki, it would be a big hit among the yuri community.

I'm fine with them, as long as they didn't be the main characters. Maybe because I don't really like two goodies shoes type of character. I felt frustrating when I watched them with their hesitation. Honestly I liked Tomoe more than Arika, even she was psychotic type of girl. But her goal was clear, and she did everything to achieve that. Lol.

Agree. They are legend after all. Lol. Is there any news from Sunrise about it Luu?
fortunelestion
fortunelestion
HiME Ranger
HiME Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:30 pm

fortunelestion wrote:I'm fine with them, as long as they didn't be the main characters. Maybe because I don't really like two goodies shoes type of character. I felt frustrating when I watched them with their hesitation. Honestly I liked Tomoe more than Arika, even she was psychotic type of girl. But her goal was clear, and she did everything to achieve that. Lol.

Agree. They are legend after all. Lol. Is there any news from Sunrise about it Luu?

Wow, you were actually sympathetic towards Tomoe! We have a thread for that discussion, I'd love to read deeper thoughts on that:

https://ltahime.forumotion.com/t737p20-tomoe-marguerite-character-analysis-mai-otome?highlight=Tomoe

I'm the opposite! XD I'm a huge supportive of goody two shoes characters. Only if they have an edge to them; like a willingness to kill villains. :3 Arika did cause a lot of controversy by allowing Tomoe to fall to her death. Tomoe obviously didn't die, but Arika's actions were a bit dark. That's when happens when you get pushed too far!  Natsuki Kruger2 

Nothing yet, Leon. If Sunrise announces anything relating to Mai-HiME/Otome, we'll be the first to post it. Trust me on that.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by fortunelestion Sun Mar 09, 2014 11:52 am

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
fortunelestion wrote:I'm fine with them, as long as they didn't be the main characters. Maybe because I don't really like two goodies shoes type of character. I felt frustrating when I watched them with their hesitation. Honestly I liked Tomoe more than Arika, even she was psychotic type of girl. But her goal was clear, and she did everything to achieve that. Lol.

Wow, you were actually sympathetic towards Tomoe! We have a thread for that discussion, I'd love to read deeper thoughts on that:

https://ltahime.forumotion.com/t737p20-tomoe-marguerite-character-analysis-mai-otome?highlight=Tomoe

I'm the opposite! XD I'm a huge supportive of goody two shoes characters. Only if they have an edge to them; like a willingness to kill villains. :3 Arika did cause a lot of controversy by allowing Tomoe to fall to her death. Tomoe obviously didn't die, but Arika's actions were a bit dark. That's when happens when you get pushed too far!  Natsuki Kruger2 

Nothing yet, Leon. If Sunrise announces anything relating to Mai-HiME/Otome, we'll be the first to post it. Trust me on that.

Yup. I like her as villain. She is cool and psychotic lol. I will read that page *laughs evilly*

Arika was full of doubt Otome. She was torn apart between love to older man (Who should be her father not her lover) and her job as Otome. Even Natsuki had warned her about that. Exactly like Mai x Yuuichi. That's why I love Tomoe more than them. She can throw everything just for Shizuru's sake. :p

I wish there will be news about that sooner. Will they make new series or continuation from previous series? What do you think Luu?
fortunelestion
fortunelestion
HiME Ranger
HiME Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by GAP Sun Mar 09, 2014 4:36 pm

If we do get a third Mai series, I hope they hire writers who could write good stories. They could an episodic plots that later tunrs into a longer plot arcs just like in shows such as Supernatual or Buffy.
GAP
GAP
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 429
Armitage GUTS!!! : 126

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:43 am

fortunelestion wrote:I wish there will be news about that sooner. Will they make new series or continuation from previous series? What do you think Luu?

Alright! You tackled the Tomoe page.  Shizuru Fujino I'll stalk you there shortly. For now, I'll answer you question. Truth be told, we're in the age of reboots and remakes. Something Scream 4 made fun of. I would welcome the idea of a Mai-HiME reboot if it's completely different from the original. Only a few familiar things may remain like ShizNat and Mai being the main character.

Continuations are fine with me too and probably more preferred amongst the fanbase. The Mai-HiME/Otome series is mysterious; tons of events we haven't seen yet. Yes, we know how it all ended (episode 26), how far back the Carnival goes (Mashiro being the former Kagutsuchi user), what the future will end up like (planet Earl) and Arika and Nina's mothers (events of Sifr), but we want to see everything in between. Sunrise can extend the series so much if they wanted to.

GAP wrote:If we do get a third Mai series, I hope they hire writers who could write good stories. They could an episodic plots that later tunrs into a longer plot arcs just like in shows such as Supernatual or Buffy.

I dunno, the writers of Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome were rather good I'd say. We wouldn't want the writing of the 3rd series to become mindless, easy-to-understand, entertainment like Kill la Kill (although I love Kill la Kill) or too complex like Final Fantasy 13's two sequels. There needs to be some thought-provoking themes/dark themes in there like the Carnival, Shizuru's feelings for Natsuki, or Arika and Mashiro's personal journeys, Tomoe's motivations, Sergay and Nina, etc. I wouldn't want the story arcs to go on too long like Naruto and One Piece, but just enough for the story to have a beginning, middle and end.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by fortunelestion Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:35 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
fortunelestion wrote:I wish there will be news about that sooner. Will they make new series or continuation from previous series? What do you think Luu?

Alright! You tackled the Tomoe page.  Shizuru Fujino I'll stalk you there shortly. For now, I'll answer you question. Truth be told, we're in the age of reboots and remakes. Something Scream 4 made fun of. I would welcome the idea of a Mai-HiME reboot if it's completely different from the original. Only a few familiar things may remain like ShizNat and Mai being the main character.

Continuations are fine with me too and probably more preferred amongst the fanbase. The Mai-HiME/Otome series is mysterious; tons of events we haven't seen yet. Yes, we know how it all ended (episode 26), how far back the Carnival goes (Mashiro being the former Kagutsuchi user), what the future will end up like (planet Earl) and Arika and Nina's mothers (events of Sifr), but we want to see everything in between. Sunrise can extend the series so much if they wanted to.

Hahaha! I'll wait fo you to come at me pal!  cocky 

Your right. Sunrise can dance around so many plots of story. Like Mai HiME Destiny manga? And with so many support for MaiKoto, I hope Sunrise will consider them as couple in the future. For Mai Otome, I hope the Era when Natsuki being a Coral will be animated. How she going with all her training, and be a principal in the end.
fortunelestion
fortunelestion
HiME Ranger
HiME Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Sat Mar 15, 2014 2:09 pm

fortunelestion wrote:Your right. Sunrise can dance around so many plots of story. Like Mai HiME Destiny manga? And with so many support for MaiKoto, I hope Sunrise will consider them as couple in the future. For Mai Otome, I hope the Era when Natsuki being a Coral will be animated. How she going with all her training, and be a principal in the end.

I kind of believe MaiKoto is canon now since they were acting quite gay in the Kuro no Mai OVA. Mai implied that she broke it up with Tate and she returned to make Reito pay for what he did. XD So yes, the HiME have gone gay! With the exception of Akira, Yukariko, Shiho and Akane. I still think Midori and Youko have something going on~  Shizuru Fujino 

OMG, I'd love a Mai-Otome anime focusing on a young Natsuki and Mai before she became the legend known as...

ruby : Don't say it!

...known as....

....The Tragic Meister. :3

ruby : GAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

It's a total mysery that was briefly tackled in the Mai-Otome drama audios, where it's also implied that the older Pearl in Shizuru Viola, took advantage (romantically and sexually) of the shy and uke newcomer - Natsuki Kruger. They were Shizuma and Nagisa before Shizuma and Nagisa existed! :3
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by fortunelestion Sun Mar 16, 2014 1:00 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
I kind of believe MaiKoto is canon now since they were acting quite gay in the Kuro no Mai OVA. Mai implied that she broke it up with Tate and she returned to make Reito pay for what he did. XD So yes, the HiME have gone gay! With the exception of Akira, Yukariko, Shiho and Akane. I still think Midori and Youko have something going on~  Shizuru Fujino 

OMG, I'd love a Mai-Otome anime focusing on a young Natsuki and Mai before she became the legend known as...

...known as....

....The Tragic Meister. :3

ruby : GAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

It's a total mysery that was briefly tackled in the Mai-Otome drama audios, where it's also implied that the older Pearl in Shizuru Viola, took advantage (romantically and sexually) of the shy and uke newcomer - Natsuki Kruger. They were Shizuma and Nagisa before Shizuma and Nagisa existed! :3

Hooray! I watched it. It was so funny, with red mouth Reito rofl. Mikoto with high school uniform was so cute!  Happy Yeah, honestly AkiraxTakumi more looks like Yaoi couple than straight one. lol. Me too. I guess Midori's love to professor wasn't a romantic ones. More like she liked him as her cool dad, or sensei.

Yeeaaaahhh, meee toooo. Sunrise pweaseeee make it happen :'(
In manga clear that Natsuki was Saeko child, who was Aries president, and has a sister. But in Anime, who was her? I mean what her backgrounds were. Its so funny when I knew the true Mai's tale in Omake. lol. It didn't sound tragic anymore.

When I think about it. Your right Luu, they were similar with NagisaxShizuma. I thought that Natsuki was not someone who cared about love. She thought more about power more than love. Was she truly fell in love with Shizuru? So that's why she wanted Shizuru be her onee-sama. Or just because Shizuru was Number One Pearl?  frustrated 
fortunelestion
fortunelestion
HiME Ranger
HiME Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:26 pm

fortunelestion wrote:Hooray! I watched it. It was so funny, with red mouth Reito rofl. Mikoto with high school uniform was so cute!  Happy Yeah, honestly AkiraxTakumi more looks like Yaoi couple than straight one. lol. Me too. I guess Midori's love to professor wasn't a romantic ones. More like she liked him as her cool dad, or sensei.

Yeeaaaahhh, meee toooo. Sunrise pweaseeee make it happen :'(
In manga clear that Natsuki was Saeko child, who was Aries president, and has a sister. But in Anime, who was her? I mean what her backgrounds were. Its so funny when I knew the true Mai's tale in Omake. lol. It didn't sound tragic anymore.

When I think about it. Your right Luu, they were similar with NagisaxShizuma. I thought that Natsuki was not someone who cared about love. She thought more about power more than love. Was she truly fell in love with Shizuru? So that's why she wanted Shizuru be her onee-sama. Or just because Shizuru was Number One Pearl?  frustrated 

o.o Agreed so much on TakuAki! In our collective minds, we know that they're heterosexual, but because of the presentation in the earlier episodes, we're used to Akira as a boy. In essence, making their relationship feel yaoi-ish. I also concur in regards to Midori. Though Midori's at an age where a long lasting relationship can be considered, her attraction to him is very school-girl-crushy.

Yeah and Natsuki's sister was Alyssa Searrs! WTF!? Well, if you consider being a cooking and love slave to Cat Goddess Mikoto as punishment. :3

frustrated It's frustrating that we'll never know the initial spark because ShizNat in Mai-Otome. But there is only one truth: They do love each other deeply in the events of the series. I have no doubt about that. So whatever their intentions or feelings were in the beginning, their relationship has blossomed into something wonderful.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by fortunelestion Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:58 am

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
o.o Agreed so much on TakuAki! In our collective minds, we know that they're heterosexual, but because of the presentation in the earlier episodes, we're used to Akira as a boy. In essence, making their relationship feel yaoi-ish. I also concur in regards to Midori. Though Midori's at an age where a long lasting relationship can be considered, her attraction to him is very school-girl-crushy.

Yeah and Natsuki's sister was Alyssa Searrs! WTF!? Well, if you consider being a cooking and love slave to Cat Goddess Mikoto as punishment. :3

frustrated It's frustrating that we'll never know the initial spark because ShizNat in Mai-Otome. But there is only one truth: They do love each other deeply in the events of the series. I have no doubt about that. So whatever their intentions or feelings were in the beginning, their relationship has blossomed into something wonderful.

I think Sunrise intentionally did that, so Yaoi lovers can increase its income. Even though Takumi was the feminine one. Lol. I can't imagine if Midori and that professor relationship was the romantically one. Ugh, I feel sick  Forever Alone 

Yep yep, they are so different from each other. Lol. That's happy things for Mai, so it can't be considered as punishment.

Agree. Maybe someday Sunrise can be nice, and release side story about ShizNat. Or their future? *nosebleed* For now, we just can write the possibilities :(

fortunelestion
fortunelestion
HiME Ranger
HiME Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Fri Mar 21, 2014 2:29 pm

fortunelestion wrote:i think Sunrise intentionally did that, so Yaoi lovers can increase its income. Even though Takumi was the feminine one. Lol. I can't imagine if Midori and that professor relationship was the romantically one. Ugh, I feel sick  Forever Alone 

Yep yep, they are so different from each other. Lol. That's happy things for Mai, so it can't be considered as punishment.

Agree. Maybe someday Sunrise can be nice, and release side story about ShizNat. Or their future? *nosebleed* For now, we just can write the possibilities :(

Sad I know what you mean, but there are girls out there who adore older men. But in Midori's defense, liking her middle aged professor is child's play compared to Nina's lust for Sergay in Mai-Otome.

Maybe someday, Leon. Like in the other thread, if Sunrise celebrated ShizNat like Seven Arcs did with NanoFate, we would see a lot more of them! I think the two couples are pretty even in terms of content. What makes NanoFate more active is the fact that they have their own store! XD All ShizNat needs is one new series, OVA, manga, light novel or line of figures that features them and we'll have something new to drool over~
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by GAP Sat Mar 22, 2014 11:09 am

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
fortunelestion wrote:i think Sunrise intentionally did that, so Yaoi lovers can increase its income. Even though Takumi was the feminine one. Lol. I can't imagine if Midori and that professor relationship was the romantically one. Ugh, I feel sick  Forever Alone 

Sad I know what you mean, but there are girls out there who adore older men. But in Midori's defense, liking her middle aged professor is child's play compared to Nina's lust for Sergay in Mai-Otome.

Maybe someday, Leon. Like in the other thread, if Sunrise celebrated ShizNat like Seven Arcs did with NanoFate, we would see a lot more of them! I think the two couples are pretty even in terms of content. What makes NanoFate more active is the fact that they have their own store! XD All ShizNat needs is one new series, OVA, manga, light novel or line of figures that features them and we'll have something new to drool over~

Didn't thery sort of do that with Otome? ShizNat could use yuri series although I am not a yuri or shojo fan, Sunrise could hire the writers from other shojo series and write some yuri with a mecha twist.
GAP
GAP
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Sun Mar 23, 2014 12:07 am

GAP wrote:Didn't thery sort of do that with Otome? ShizNat could use yuri series although I am not a yuri or shojo fan, Sunrise could hire the writers from other shojo series and write some yuri with a mecha twist.

They made the couple canon in Mai-Otome yes, but I was thinking more of a spin-off series just for them. With some occasional Columns cameos like Sara and Juliet Nao Zhang. Sunrise is used to writing mecha action and anything to do with war, so it would be wise to be a shoujo writer for ShizNat, I agree.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by fortunelestion Sun Mar 23, 2014 11:22 am

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:

But... but... the professor was like her grandfather. (You can see the lines on his face) Unlike Sergay who were still fresh, more like in his early thirties :(
I hope so Luu. It's so hard to compete with NanoFate, because in every series and movies, we can see their romantic relationship. It's like MSLN series, and movies were revolving around NanoFate. From Nanoha who tried her best to protect Fate, and vice versa. Till Vivio appeared and called them 'Mama'. While ShizNat relationship in Mai HiME, and Mai Otome was not too open  Sad 

fortunelestion
fortunelestion
HiME Ranger
HiME Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Sun Mar 23, 2014 5:17 pm

fortunelestion wrote:But... but... the professor was like her grandfather. (You can see the lines on his face) Unlike Sergay who were still fresh, more like in his early thirties :(
I hope so Luu. It's so hard to compete with NanoFate, because in every series and movies, we can see their romantic relationship. It's like MSLN series, and movies were revolving around NanoFate. From Nanoha who tried her best to protect Fate, and vice versa. Till Vivio appeared and called them 'Mama'. While ShizNat relationship in Mai HiME, and Mai Otome was not too open  Sad 

XD Oh come on! He didn't have as many lines as Maria-sama! :''''3

Miss Maria 

I agree with that and NanoFate definitely has the edge there. But there's something Mai-HiME/Otome has over the MSLN series and I'm just honest here. While NanoFate and Vivio are so loved as the essential "married" lesbian couple with a daughter, nobody cares about the other characters in the series. I think Signum has some fans, but not enough for a strong following. Mai-HiME/Otome are very vocal about the other characters beyond ShizNat like Mai, Mikoto, Midori, Arika, Nina, Haruka, Yukino and even Lena Sayers.

Our series have more to offer in my opinion. Some of our friends over in nanofate.us forums agree that Nanoha is getting weak lately (the manga specifically). I personally enjoy them both, but I never felt Nanoha reached the potential it should. Think back to the original series, where you had a lot of build up for Fate's liberation from her mother. It would of been amazing to see battle between Precia Testarossa and Nanoha as a metaphor for the "You may be her mother, but you will not abuse your daughter. The daughter that I love!" narrative. After Precia loses, she could then accept her fate like in the original, except knowing there are consequences for daughter abuse. Instead, we get nothing, no big crowd pleasing moment like Mai Tokiha destroying the Obsidian Lord.

Despite my ramblings about Nanoha, I still enjoy it, but only the characters themselves. Seven Arcs provided characters only and little of anything else to me. While Sunrise provided both characters and a story where these characters can be tested and explored to the point of loving them more. Unfortunately, Sunrise felt Mai-HIME/Otome needed a long break after S.ifr completed back in 2008. Have to admit, in just four years, we've been given a lot more content than Madoka and Evangelion combined. When you look at it that way, waiting for a new My-HiME or My-Otome series doesn't seem so bad.

Sailor Moon fans waited 14 years for the recently announced Sailor Moon Crystal after all.  Viola
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by fortunelestion Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:05 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
XD Oh come on! He didn't have as many lines as Maria-sama! :''''3

Miss Maria 

I agree with that and NanoFate definitely has the edge there. But there's something Mai-HiME/Otome has over the MSLN series and I'm just honest here. While NanoFate and Vivio are so loved as the essential "married" lesbian couple with a daughter, nobody cares about the other characters in the series. I think Signum has some fans, but not enough for a strong following. Mai-HiME/Otome are very vocal about the other characters beyond ShizNat like Mai, Mikoto, Midori, Arika, Nina, Haruka, Yukino and even Lena Sayers.

Our series have more to offer in my opinion. Some of our friends over in nanofate.us forums agree that Nanoha is getting weak lately (the manga specifically). I personally enjoy them both, but I never felt Nanoha reached the potential it should. Think back to the original series, where you had a lot of build up for Fate's liberation from her mother. It would of been amazing to see battle between Precia Testarossa and Nanoha as a metaphor for the "You may be her mother, but you will not abuse your daughter. The daughter that I love!" narrative. After Precia loses, she could then accept her fate like in the original, except knowing there are consequences for daughter abuse. Instead, we get nothing, no big crowd pleasing moment like Mai Tokiha destroying the Obsidian Lord.

Despite my ramblings about Nanoha, I still enjoy it, but only the characters themselves. Seven Arcs provided characters only and little of anything else to me. While Sunrise provided both characters and a story where these characters can be tested and explored to the point of loving them more. Unfortunately, Sunrise felt Mai-HIME/Otome needed a long break after S.ifr completed back in 2008. Have to admit, in just four years, we've been given a lot more content than Madoka and Evangelion combined. When you look at it that way, waiting for a new My-HiME or My-Otome series doesn't seem so bad.

Sailor Moon fans waited 14 years for the recently announced Sailor Moon Crystal after all.  Viola

Well, he was old-geezer in my eyes  Natsuki Kruger2 

Your right. NanoFate is like side pairings in Force/Vivid. They are not main characters anymore. Sad to say, but they like unimportant roles there.
I see your point. However in Mai Otome anime, the story was revolving around Mashiro and Arika. Honestly I like its manga better than the anime, even though there was ManShiro, but many ShizNat scenes there  black cat 

I remember when I watched Sailormoon in my young days (I feel like an old woman right now XD) I never paid attention to HaruMichi, but now I love them, even though not as much as ShizNat lol. Mmm... Luu... Can Sunrise release it faster? 14 years is too long for me  frustrated 
fortunelestion
fortunelestion
HiME Ranger
HiME Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:38 pm

fortunelestion wrote:Your right. NanoFate is like side pairings in Force/Vivid. They are not main characters anymore. Sad to say, but they like unimportant roles there.
I see your point. However in Mai Otome anime, the story was revolving around Mashiro and Arika. Honestly I like its manga better than the anime, even though there was ManShiro, but many ShizNat scenes there  black cat 

I remember when I watched Sailormoon in my young days (I feel like an old woman right now XD) I never paid attention to HaruMichi, but now I love them, even though not as much as ShizNat lol. Mmm... Luu... Can Sunrise release it faster? 14 years is too long for me  frustrated 

Don't forget Neena-chan!

mad : IT'S NINA!

I did enjoy the Mai-Otome manga too, Manshiro aside. It had better artwork than the anime (although Zwei and Sifr's OVA art blows the manga away) and had a hilarious fanservice aspect to it. Still, gotta side with the anime better. We got to see three main characters develop over the course of the series. It's much better than people give it credit for.

*A* Hachiru is my OTP for Sailor Moon, I've noticed their relationship since 1994! That's why it shocked me that the English dub would refer to them as cousins. >:3

tenoh michiru 
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by GAP Sun Mar 30, 2014 5:12 am

Remember the moral guardians although I like to think that we are more tolerant. Do you recall how some christian websites in the early 2000s? They tied the series up with the porn and indecency.
GAP
GAP
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Sun Mar 30, 2014 5:47 pm

GAP wrote:Remember the moral guardians although I like to think that we are more tolerant. Do you recall how some christian websites in the early 2000s? They tied the series up with the porn and indecency.

They did. Some speculated on a Sailor Moon forum that the studio that dubbed Sailor Moon S and SuperS (Cloverway) were run by Christians. Whether that's true or not, I think they realized that a lot of anime is like that. You can't sensor every anime series out there, especially Mai-HiME/Otome which thrives from homosexual relationships and antics.

In short, our fandom is safe...er.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by GAP Sun Apr 06, 2014 1:28 am

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
GAP wrote:Remember the moral guardians although I like to think that we are more tolerant. Do you recall how some christian websites in the early 2000s? They tied the series up with the porn and indecency.

They did. Some speculated on a Sailor Moon forum that the studio that dubbed Sailor Moon S and SuperS (Cloverway) were run by Christians. Whether that's true or not, I think they realized that a lot of anime is like that. You can't sensor every anime series out there, especially Mai-HiME/Otome which thrives from homosexual relationships and antics.

In short, our fandom is safe...er.

Indeed we are 'safe' from such scrutiny but Mai Hime fanservice is tame compared to other fanservicey anime such as Pumpkin Scissors.
GAP
GAP
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Mon Apr 07, 2014 11:08 am

Pumpkin Scissors was a fun manga read. I've yet to see the anime version by Gonzo. Regardless, I wouldn't like Mai-HiME to reach the level of fanservice other anime titles possess. Mai-Otome raised the fanservice from HiME, but at least it got back on track with it's story, three central characters and overall grand mythos. You don't do that with Girls Bravo, that's for sure...
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Magus Phantalus Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:14 am

What I'd like for another My-series is something like Destiny(I say that without ever reading it) But I hear Natsuki and Shizuru are basically the leaders of two different gangs but still have a slap, slap kiss relationship.

Oh bloody hell I love that idea waaay too much.
Magus Phantalus
Magus Phantalus
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 613
Armitage GUTS!!! : 148

Back to top Go down

Post by GAP Sat Apr 12, 2014 12:08 am

I wonder if Mai Hime could work as a television serial?
GAP
GAP
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next