Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Which Mai-series character do you dislike or like the most?

+15
Lerena
HollowPoint
Sergay Tate
bItchynOvIch
MidnightPersona
Hohoemu
Juliet
Lena Sayers
Defiant
Amaya
hildebrant
SpiderNeKoHiME
Midori Sugiura99
Luu Sky Sapphire
Ice Silver Crystal
19 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Which Mai-series character do you dislike or like the most? Empty Which Mai-series character do you dislike or like the most?

Post by Ice Silver Crystal Mon Aug 23, 2010 7:00 pm

My favorite character would be Natsuki or Mai. None of the other characters are safe from having stereotypical personalities, it's the kind I like that I stick with. xD Natsuki is awesome and Mai is a tormented soul. Why on earth did she choose Tate? D: I was a little disappointed, shouldn't Reito have that Shizuru forgiveness ending to satisfy his fan base?

I honestly don't like Nao in Hime and Tomoe in Otome. >_<; They only served to be cruel and don't have a purpose beyond that.
Ice Silver Crystal
Ice Silver Crystal
Kruger Wolf Pack Puppy
Kruger Wolf Pack Puppy

Bubuzuke points : 1340
Armitage GUTS!!! : 485

Back to top Go down

Which Mai-series character do you dislike or like the most? Empty Re: Which Mai-series character do you dislike or like the most?

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:44 pm

The age old question, eh Ice? We all know who I like so let's skip ahead to the fun part.

In Mai-HiME, I absolutely loathe Nagi. The guy serves no purpose other than to speak riddles concerning upcoming events which can be seen all the way from Mexico. It's standard of anime to have an annoying pest somewhere within the ranks. I wouldn't call him a Jar Jar Binks, he's more like a Shia Labeouf in the 4th Indiana Jones movie. "Like, why are you here?"

Mai-Otome, I'd have to say Tomoe. I would of said Nagi, but Sunrise did the right thing by making him the main villain behind everything. Tomoe is almost an exaggerated version of Shizuru and Nao mixed together. Not a good combination for the casual ShizNat to put up with. Tomoe trash talks, never backs it up, always needs back up, and was completely played by Shizuru. Hoo-hee-hoo-hee. I had a good chuckle over that. There's a positive light to Tomoe, because I hate her, the bitch did her job correctly. *clap* Congratulations.

Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Bubuzuke points : 42532
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2524

http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Which Mai-series character do you dislike or like the most? Empty Re: Which Mai-series character do you dislike or like the most?

Post by Guest Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:52 pm

My favorite HiME character is Haruka. She tried to oppose a tank, without powers. That's bad-ass.

The one I dislike in HiME has to be John Smith. He irked me.

Otome...favorite is still Haruka xD Such an awesome character.

The one I disliked in Otome was SerGAY. >.> I don't think I need a reason xD

Back to top Go down

Post by Midori Sugiura99 Tue Aug 24, 2010 1:39 am

My favorite of course in HiME is Midori X3 Duurrrrr.

And I freaking. HATE. NAGI. Omg I just want him to shut his mouth whenever he speaks.

As for Otome, well, that is yet to be determined as I haven't seen beyond the first 4 eps yet X3
Midori Sugiura99
Midori Sugiura99
Asami Hikaru aka Komu
Asami Hikaru aka Komu

Bubuzuke points : 4714
Armitage GUTS!!! : 913

Back to top Go down

Post by SpiderNeKoHiME Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:10 pm

Nao for me. :3 she's the sexiest character with the most edge.
i dont like takumi. what a pansy wuss of a man ><
SpiderNeKoHiME
SpiderNeKoHiME
Spider Queen
Spider Queen

Bubuzuke points : 1353
Armitage GUTS!!! : 278

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Tue Aug 24, 2010 4:31 pm

Hollowed-Words wrote:The one I dislike in HiME has to be John Smith. He irked me.

That creep with the Triple H nose? I remember him. Got what he deserved in Mai-Otome. Won't say how, but it was schweet. :twisted:
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 24, 2010 4:44 pm

Now I seriously cannot wait to start Otome abridged! xD

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Tue Aug 24, 2010 4:46 pm

Hollowed-Words wrote:Now I seriously cannot wait to start Otome abridged! xD

Make that big nosed Schwartz arsehole suffer and suffer some moar.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 24, 2010 4:47 pm

Muahahah, I intend too. >:3

Back to top Go down

Post by hildebrant Wed May 04, 2011 11:09 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
Hollowed-Words wrote:The one I dislike in HiME has to be John Smith. He irked me.

That creep with the Triple H nose? I remember him. Got what he deserved in Mai-Otome. Won't say how, but it was schweet. :twisted:

Big Props for making wrestling references Luu, nao I know I'm gonna have some fun here on this forum

Well my lineup for favorite and least favorites are:
least favorite
Reito - the guy just rubbed me the wrong way, the scenes where he and Mai are seated by the fireplace also didn't help my opinion of him, but possessed by the OL or not, hearing him say that he was expecting a far more pathetic death for Yuuichi sealed it for me and my dislike of him

Favorite - Yuuichi. Predictable for anyone who knows me but I can't help it. The guy is pretty much an everyman thrust into situations he has no control over and all he wants is to have a normal life and to protect the people he cares about. I admit it was kind of boneheaded for him to not take Shiho and tell her that he cares about Mai more and that Shiho is more of a sister to him
but hopefully things will work out and he and Mai will get the time they need together

hildebrant
hildebrant
Coral student
Coral student

Bubuzuke points : 888
Armitage GUTS!!! : 233

Back to top Go down

Post by Amaya Thu May 05, 2011 3:47 am

Ice Silver Crystal wrote:I honestly don't like Nao in Hime and Tomoe in Otome. >_<; They only served to be cruel and don't have a purpose beyond that.

Oh Fumi no...How can you hate them and especially how can you hate lovely Nao. Which Mai-series character do you dislike or like the most? 3749021171

Anyhow...My favorite HiME-Characters are Natsuki because she's friggin' awesome in her lone wolf attitude and strong and independent..okay I admit it, it's the bike^^ second favorite are Shizuru because she kicks ass plus I have a thing for psychotic woman and Nao, since she is a very interesting individual and has also the bad ass points.

And in Otome:

Favorite: 1. Nao (pure awesomeness), 2. Shiho (always makes me laugh^^) 3. Tomoe (just plain evil)

Nina would have been one of my fav's if she wasn't such a whimp regarding sergay

Least Favorite: 1. Shizuru Viola (yes I hate her Character in Otome, a cheating bore, 2. Erstin (innocent and always trying to do the right thing...boring), 3. Natsuki Kruger (it pains my heart but she made her lose her fire and that I do not approve of. I only like her in Mai Otome when Nao is involved)
Amaya
Amaya
Head of the Anti-NatNao-Phobic-Unit

Bubuzuke points : 1200
Armitage GUTS!!! : 445

http://crawlinggirl.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Thu May 05, 2011 12:04 pm

Amaya wrote:Erstin (innocent and always trying to do the right thing...boring)

XD Awww, come on! Not poor little horny-for-Neena-chan Erstin! I guess I can sorta see where you're coming from. There's nothing wrong with goody-goodie characters doing the right thing unless they had a cynical edge to them. Killing villains rather than saving them for example. (Don't care what anyone says, Arika left Tomoe for dead and it was badass. >:3 )

Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Amaya Fri May 06, 2011 1:47 am

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:

XD Awww, come on! Not poor little horny-for-Neena-chan Erstin! I guess I can sorta see where you're coming from. There's nothing wrong with goody-goodie characters doing the right thing unless they had a cynical edge to them. Killing villains rather than saving them for example. (Don't care what anyone says, Arika left Tomoe for dead and it was badass. >:3 )

Erstin might not be that bad but still I don't like her. She remembers me of Himeko from Kannazuki no Miko and really hate that innocent and useless girl. So, Erstin is not really at fault but Himeko^^
Amaya
Amaya

Bubuzuke points : 1200
Armitage GUTS!!! : 445

http://crawlinggirl.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Fri May 06, 2011 12:23 pm

Amaya wrote:Erstin might not be that bad but still I don't like her. She remembers me of Himeko from Kannazuki no Miko and really hate that innocent and useless girl. So, Erstin is not really at fault but Himeko^^

Haha, I remember Himeko! Uke girls are nice, I just find myself more attracted to the tomboy girl who THINKS she can kick my ass. :) I know guys are usually turned off by this sort of girl, but I love it. Erstin is not my type either, but if she were someone else deep down...then maybe. Know what I mean? Shizuru Fujino
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Defiant Fri May 13, 2011 4:50 am

hildebrant wrote:

Well my lineup for favorite and least favorites are:
least favorite
Reito - the guy just rubbed me the wrong way, the scenes where he and Mai are seated by the fireplace also didn't help my opinion of him, but possessed by the OL or not, hearing him say that he was expecting a far more pathetic death for Yuuichi sealed it for me and my dislike of him

Favorite - Yuuichi. Predictable for anyone who knows me but I can't help it. The guy is pretty much an everyman thrust into situations he has no control over and all he wants is to have a normal life and to protect the people he cares about. I admit it was kind of boneheaded for him to not take Shiho and tell her that he cares about Mai more and that Shiho is more of a sister to him
but hopefully things will work out and he and Mai will get the time they need together

Lol, you took those worlds right out of my mouth.
I admit my favorite is also Yuuichi, most disliked for me would probably be Shiho.
Defiant
Defiant
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 348
Armitage GUTS!!! : 83

http://www.postavy.cz

Back to top Go down

Post by Lena Sayers Fri May 13, 2011 6:58 am

the Mai-Series Character that i like is Lena ((of course)) and the others.. i can't make up my decision that i like the most...

The character that i dislike is ((the Bad Guys))
Lena Sayers
Lena Sayers
Coral student
Coral student

Bubuzuke points : 979
Location : *~Somewhere in the palace teaching Arika to be a good Miester Otome~*

Back to top Go down

Post by Juliet Fri May 13, 2011 10:40 am

My favourite characters are definitely -

Mashiro - Her character development is a WOW for me. She has become more like a queen and I really like that. LONG LIVE MASHIRO <3

Arika - Don't ask why, I don't even know why I like her in the first place. Maybe she's just so likeable. This may sound silly but I kinda like her grandma's quotes.

Nao - She's one of my favourite characters in Otome, I don't like her HiME counterpart though. Cool and laid-back in her own way.

Nagi - Only because of the voice. The voice is just so AFGSAFFSHFSDG*faints

Others are Midori, Natsuki, Miyu, Haruka and Mai.

Lena Sayers wrote:the Mai-Series Character that i like is Lena ((of course)) and the others.. i can't make up my decision that i like the most...

You dislike the bad guys? xD You're the opposite of me, I tend to like evil characters. With an exception of Sergay from Otome. I hate him with a burning passion, even words can't describe this amount of hate. I'm the most upset person Earth when I found out he's still alive, I was really happy when Nagi shot him. I was like "YES! Just die, Sergay! DIE DIE DIE DIE!" Sergay is just so.... NEVERMIND I don't want to do a character-bashing over here. Just die, Sergay.

Which Mai-series character do you dislike or like the most? Mashiro11014ju
Juliet
Juliet
HiME Ranger
HiME Ranger

Bubuzuke points : 211
Armitage GUTS!!! : 75

Back to top Go down

Post by Lena Sayers Fri May 13, 2011 11:05 am

Juliet wrote:My favourite characters are definitely -

Mashiro - Her character development is a WOW for me. She has become more like a queen and I really like that. LONG LIVE MASHIRO <3

Arika - Don't ask why, I don't even know why I like her in the first place. Maybe she's just so likeable. This may sound silly but I kinda like her grandma's quotes.

Nao - She's one of my favourite characters in Otome, I don't like her HiME counterpart though. Cool and laid-back in her own way.

Others are Midori, Natsuki, Miyu, Haruka and Mai.

Lena Sayers wrote:the Mai-Series Character that i like is Lena ((of course)) and the others.. i can't make up my decision that i like the most...

You dislike the bad guys? xD You're the opposite of me, I tend to like evil characters. With an exception of Sergay from Otome. I hate him with a burning passion, even words can't describe this amount of hate. I'm the most upset person Earth when I found out he's still alive, I was really happy when Nagi shot him. I was like "YES! Just die, Sergay! DIE DIE DIE DIE!" Sergay is just so.... NEVERMIND I don't want to do a character-bashing over here. Just die, Sergay.

i see =) i guess different people have different likes and dislikes XD!
Lena Sayers
Lena Sayers
Coral student
Coral student

Bubuzuke points : 979
Location : *~Somewhere in the palace teaching Arika to be a good Miester Otome~*

Back to top Go down

Post by Defiant Fri May 13, 2011 3:29 pm

Juliet wrote:

Indeed, his seiju actor - Akira Ishida is a one of the best there is...exactly for those kind of characters fe. Kaworu Nagisa from NGE or Koyemushi from Bokurano, but he can play good-guys as well - fe. Arthun Zala from Gundam SEED, Gaara from Naruto or Mikihisa Komaki from Library Wars.
I recognize this guy from the moment he starts speaking ever since I have seen Evangelion, he is probably my favorite seiju.
Defiant
Defiant
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Fri May 13, 2011 9:02 pm

Akira Ishida is a wonderful seiyuu, I remember him best as Fisheye from Sailor Moon and Xellos from Slayers. The guy can alter his tone of voice instantly for the character he's given. He could quite possibly be the Mel Blanc of anime/manga.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Defiant Sun May 15, 2011 7:37 am

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:Akira Ishida is a wonderful seiyuu, I remember him best as Fisheye from Sailor Moon and Xellos from Slayers. The guy can alter his tone of voice instantly for the character he's given. He could quite possibly be the Mel Blanc of anime/manga.

Agreed, I think he won a price for voice of Arthun Zala from Gundam SEED (+Destiny), even though I think he plays evil-like characters much better.
If I compare Japanese seiju to English dubbers its like to compare machine gun with night vision visor to 17th century musket. Not speaking about czech dubs, cuzzz a bunch of drunken hobos would have done better, srsly czech-dubs are famous for being the worst in the world.
Defiant
Defiant
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Post by Hohoemu Sun May 15, 2011 7:54 am

I'm a total masoshist posting here 'cause I can't fix myself to one only character, but I'll try to be short X3

So, the one in all Mai-series I like most, the one I am totally fond of is Shizuru-san <3 And coming just after her is Chie. And I'll stop here before giving you the quite complete list of the Mai-series Characters...

As for the one(s) I dislike... Nagi Homura is number one. Then Mashiro in the first Mai Otome anime -yeah, I like her more in Zwei. And maybe the horrible-maki-maki-Shiho...
Hohoemu
Hohoemu
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 552
Armitage GUTS!!! : 248

http://www.poison-and-the-rose.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Mon May 16, 2011 11:46 am

Defiant wrote:Not speaking about czech dubs, cuzzz a bunch of drunken hobos would have done better, srsly czech-dubs are famous for being the worst in the world.

LMAO You think Czech-dubs are bad, wait til you hear German ones. >_>

Hohoemu wrote:So, the one in all Mai-series I like most, the one I am totally fond of is Shizuru-san <3 And coming just after her is Chie. And I'll stop here before giving you the quite complete list of the Mai-series Characters...

As for the one(s) I dislike... Nagi Homura is number one. Then Mashiro in the first Mai Otome anime -yeah, I like her more in Zwei. And maybe the horrible-maki-maki-Shiho...

More Shizuru love~ But why don't you like maki maki Shiho?! I know she isn't the sharpest knife in the... place where... they keep the knives....but she's hilarious! XD

Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Hohoemu Mon May 16, 2011 4:43 pm

Hilarious, yeah, but she's so different from the first Shiho that I like so much that I can't deal with her... Anyway I love the way Rosalie and her argue.
Hohoemu
Hohoemu
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 552
Armitage GUTS!!! : 248

http://www.poison-and-the-rose.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Defiant Mon May 16, 2011 5:51 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
Defiant wrote:Not speaking about czech dubs, cuzzz a bunch of drunken hobos would have done better, srsly czech-dubs are famous for being the worst in the world.

LMAO You think Czech-dubs are bad, wait til you hear German ones. >_>

Don´t think me wrong (lol, what a phrase), Czech dubs for movies like Star Wars, Matrix, LOTR (or games like Mafia) are very well made a sounds really good (for Mafia especially since Czech is very creative language, many famous quotes originated there), not same as original, but differently in a good way, something like alternate-voice.
But czech dubs for "underground" stuff (and by that I mean ignored by big TV stations and production companies) like anime, cartoons or B-movies are made by small companies, so they successfully avoids professional and more expensive dubing studios.

For German dubs - I saw few moments from Star Wars:E6 in German and that really was something ummm...I wouldn´t want to see that movie in this dub (and that is something cuzzz I never refuse to watch Star Wars).
On the other hand I was able to watch german anime/cartoon channel and those dubs wasn´t all that bad.
Defiant
Defiant
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next