Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Coming out stories and Gay/Lesbian Discussion LGBT

+38
Grawrr
Wolf-of-Wind
Cheshire Kat
Daichi148
Kiros Razer
*BlackRose*
Whirlwind Rose Quarts
Kuga Natsuki
shezaei-neko
burande fujino
BMeph
depression76
MidnightPersona
midori's crazy398
SpiralDasher
IlliterateKoi
magicmaster03
ATHENAx514
Yuri-hime
Chaglette
SulliMike23
Ice Silver Crystal
GoldenSun13
Amaya
cecirdr
Chibi Rachy
zanekal1
GhibliFreek
Kino karutta-chan
ookamidesu
Kara
Konaxookami
she-ga-roo
RedEyedWolf
Kicchu
Midori Sugiura99
Luu Sky Sapphire
SpiderNeKoHiME
42 posters

Page 6 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

Coming out stories and Gay/Lesbian Discussion LGBT - Page 6 Empty Re: Coming out stories and Gay/Lesbian Discussion LGBT

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:35 pm

GoldenSun13 wrote:Hmm... I posted on here a while ago, saying about my failed coming out with my Sixth Form friends, who ether couldn't care or didn't want to, and also a few attempts with my parents. Since then, I've given up trying with my friends because I hardly talk to them and I realise now, that they aren't really my friends. I tried again with my Mum, but I didn't get to say a word before she shot me down. She's got too much on her plate at the moment, so she doesn't want to hear my "Teenage, over-reacting, depressed" problems *shrugs*

My university group of friends are a fantastic bunch. They are all very friendly with the LGBT community, so when I finally fessed up (well, my hard headed friend who likes to get to the point helped me along with, my permission of course), they hardly batted an eyelash. I guess it kind of helps that they're London born and bred, and over here you don't have to look too hard for gay people. But I think it's also a case of, these people really care about me.

I guess what you can take from this is: Friends come and go; the ones that stay are the ones who matter most. If you come out to a group of people and they shun you or ignore it because it makes them uncomfortable, then they are not your friends as they are not accepting who you really are.
Things are getting better. It might be going slow, but I for one am seeing a change. It's probably (most definitely) because I've moved from a conservative place to a very open city, but it won't be soon before the majority is like that. If you are currently living in a place where you feel closed in, then don't worry, when the time comes, you'll find you're own little place where you'll feel welcomed.
Lastly, yes, blood is thicker than water, but there is such a thing as a family made out of people you love who are not related to you. If you are feeling like no one at home accepts you, there will always be people who do outside, whether it's on the internet, or at school.
So chin up guys : ) I know it can be hard, but until you find your place, the people on MM and other internet sites will be there to listen when you are down. Gay Rainbow Don't ever think that you are not needed/wanted.

Anyone close to you is considered family to me. It's good that I understand this, I suppose. I don't really need anyone close to me, I'm better off on my on. Always was. Raven knows how much I love my lone wolf ways.

Then suddenly, you meet a few damn decent people you can trust in and you foolishly let them in. Only to end up feeling like an idiot because you realize maintaining my extremist ways would of prevented so many prized friendships. I'm not homosexual obviously, but I know how special it feels when people accept who you are. In your case, Justine, you are beautiful inside and out. I've seen how nicely you treat others and how you make Maria happy, I wish I were half the person you are. ^_~ Never change, unless it's for the better. Only then, you'd be bringing more joy to others.

ATHENAx514 wrote:my parents already knew but my grandma had no idea.... unfortunately grandma liked to drop by unannounced....so grandma came to wake me up and lets just say i got busted :( she never said a word about it but oh well and since that day i had decided i wont keep my preference a secret just so certain people can feel better around me :)

:) That's a start, Athena. I know you'll make a lot of friends and find a lovely girlfriend who will understand you.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Bubuzuke points : 42532
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2524

http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Coming out stories and Gay/Lesbian Discussion LGBT - Page 6 Empty Re: Coming out stories and Gay/Lesbian Discussion LGBT

Post by ATHENAx514 Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:51 am

oh i hope so, Im proud of who I am tho and I think thats the kind of attitude everyone should have :)
ATHENAx514
ATHENAx514
Fuuka Academy Student
Fuuka Academy Student

Bubuzuke points : 140
Armitage GUTS!!! : 60

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Sun Feb 26, 2012 5:53 pm

ATHENAx514 wrote:oh i hope so, Im proud of who I am tho and I think thats the kind of attitude everyone should have :)

Some people are too scared to have that attitude. ^_~ It takes a while to reach a comfort zone, but everyone gets there with enough friendship and support.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by ATHENAx514 Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:22 pm

ya i probably wouldnt be where i am without support of some friends too :)
ATHENAx514
ATHENAx514
Fuuka Academy Student
Fuuka Academy Student

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:21 am

ATHENAx514 wrote:ya i probably wouldnt be where i am without support of some friends too :)

Not that it matters; but how big is your support group? Me and my friends at work had this discussion earlier.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by magicmaster03 Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:16 pm

well i cant sa that i've come out seeing that i am straight but i have had many friends who have chose me to come out to
magicmaster03
magicmaster03
Fuuka Academy Student
Fuuka Academy Student

Bubuzuke points : 72
Armitage GUTS!!! : 12
Location : Underworld good luck finding me heres a hint the puppy will catch you before the guards do

http://hinatasonly58.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by IlliterateKoi Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:43 pm

The first person I came out to was my brother. And I pretty much only did it in exchange for him to tell me what was bothering him (It was seriously getting to him so I bargained Razz)

He'd always been pretty homophobic so I was terrified, but in the end he just said 'you're still my sister' and that was that :) He's now completely against homophobia and shouts at anyone that says anything even remotely homophobic lol Love him <3

As for other people, I've always been one of those people that thinks that I shouldn't have to come out and say it, since other people don't have to come out as straight Razz (by the by, did you know that 'straight' is considered to be an offensive word? Because the opposite of straight is bent, which was used as a derogatory word... I didn't until a few weeks ago lol)

I didn't have to tell my mum, she just sat me down one day and said 'You know, if you're gay, it's fine...and if -insert ex gf's name here- is more than just you're friend that's fine too'

As for my friends, well I just waited for them to ask and said yes XD I have to say though that I've outed myself a couple of times by being slightly aggressive towards people who make sly homophobic comments ¬.¬

All in all, I'm pretty laid back about it. Because I don't go out of my way to tell people I think it makes it less of a big deal. And if people don't like it, that's fine *shrugs* I've had this happen and I just get on with life lol

Of course I wasn't always like this, when I first realised that I was gay I denied it to myself for the longest time, and denied it to everyone else for even longer lol

Having at least one person who knows and is supportive will make your life SO much easier. I'm out to all of my friends, and I can't say that I care enough to be bothered who in my family knows (some of them are very homophobic, but I don't talk to them anyway Razz)

Wow...long post 0_0

Coming out stories and Gay/Lesbian Discussion LGBT - Page 6 896366
IlliterateKoi
IlliterateKoi
Goldfish wanker of Camelot

Bubuzuke points : 4261
Armitage GUTS!!! : 441

Back to top Go down

Post by ATHENAx514 Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:00 pm

my support group is semi big but i also have those ppl who say their ok with it but still make comments about me marrying a man. Its absurd, to be perfectly honest I dont plan on getting married even if its legal I dont like the idea of marriage, I dont have a problem with people who get married though, I just think you shouldnt have to make something so official like that love is love and needs no paperwork or name changing to still be love :)

the only marriage i do is facebook marriage and Im currently married to...MYSELF xD
ATHENAx514
ATHENAx514
Fuuka Academy Student
Fuuka Academy Student

Back to top Go down

Post by IlliterateKoi Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:13 pm

ATHENAx514 wrote:my support group is semi big but i also have those ppl who say their ok with it but still make comments about me marrying a man. Its absurd, to be perfectly honest I dont plan on getting married even if its legal I dont like the idea of marriage, I dont have a problem with people who get married though, I just think you shouldnt have to make something so official like that love is love and needs no paperwork or name changing to still be love :)

the only marriage i do is facebook marriage and Im currently married to...MYSELF xD

My thoughts on marriage exactly. It's just a bit of paper at the end of the day. Though for some reason I do like the idea of being able to say that I have a 'wife'...probably because I'm weird and would just like to see the look on people’s faces when I say it XD
IlliterateKoi
IlliterateKoi

Back to top Go down

Post by ATHENAx514 Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:59 pm

well in my state its like 7 years of living together is considered a common law marriage and thats how my parents were which could explain why i could care less about marriage. when my parents split it was still a big deal just like a divorce but less paper work which made things go more smoothly for them. I do agree saying you have a wife is awesome people are so dumbfounded. the only pros of marriage is the sexy ring the sexy honeymoon and the sexy house .
ATHENAx514
ATHENAx514
Fuuka Academy Student
Fuuka Academy Student

Back to top Go down

Post by IlliterateKoi Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:09 pm

ATHENAx514 wrote:well in my state its like 7 years of living together is considered a common law marriage and thats how my parents were which could explain why i could care less about marriage. when my parents split it was still a big deal just like a divorce but less paper work which made things go more smoothly for them. I do agree saying you have a wife is awesome people are so dumbfounded. the only pros of marriage is the sexy ring the sexy honeymoon and the sexy house .

And the sexy wife of course Wink
IlliterateKoi
IlliterateKoi

Back to top Go down

Post by ATHENAx514 Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:41 pm

oh yeah i forgot bout the wife xD. and as always with marriage the kids subject will come up....too crazy for me lol
ATHENAx514
ATHENAx514
Fuuka Academy Student
Fuuka Academy Student

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:30 pm

The Real L Word: Common Misconceptions

^ I posted that on Facebook and I wonder if anyone else could add any other misconceptions about lesbians that the TRLW girls left out? I'm sure there's a lot in this very stupid world. Arika Yumemiya

Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Chaglette Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:11 am

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:The Real L Word: Common Misconceptions

^ I posted that on Facebook and I wonder if anyone else could add any other misconceptions about lesbians that the TRLW girls left out? I'm sure there's a lot in this very stupid world. Arika Yumemiya

'I like guys. I just don't want them in my bed.' LOL.
Chaglette
Chaglette
Archmeister of Fujinoism
Archmeister of Fujinoism

Bubuzuke points : 4959
Armitage GUTS!!! : 1293

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:57 pm

Nagi wrote:'I like guys. I just don't want them in my bed.' LOL.

This could of easily come out of your mouth, Nagi. ;p Just admit it already.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Chaglette Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:31 am

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
Nagi wrote:'I like guys. I just don't want them in my bed.' LOL.

This could of easily come out of your mouth, Nagi. ;p Just admit it already.

Nao nao, Luu >:3 Let's not corner the little Nagi into the corner shall we?

Though, I have to admit that I agree with you *facepalms*
Chaglette
Chaglette
Archmeister of Fujinoism
Archmeister of Fujinoism

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:59 am

Nagi wrote:Though, I have to admit that I agree with you *facepalms*

Thatta girl. ;p Now you're learning.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Chaglette Sun Apr 01, 2012 2:24 am

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:Thatta girl. ;p Now you're learning.

I have one of the ultimate yuri mistresses as a mentor, how can I not? Mikoto Minagi
Chaglette
Chaglette
Archmeister of Fujinoism
Archmeister of Fujinoism

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:28 pm

Nagi wrote:I have one of the ultimate yuri mistresses as a mentor, how can I not? Mikoto Minagi

Shizuma : She's easily referring to me. *dramatic angst mode*

>_< NO, SHIZUMA! NOT ANOTHER ONE OF YOUR ANGST SCENES, PLEASE! KAORI IS DEAD! ACCEPT IT!!!!!
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Chaglette Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:33 am

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote: Shizuma : She's easily referring to me. *dramatic angst mode*

>_< NO, SHIZUMA! NOT ANOTHER ONE OF YOUR ANGST SCENES, PLEASE! KAORI IS DEAD! ACCEPT IT!!!!!

Nagisa : Oh Shizuma-sama... you still have me. <3 *gives a squeeze*
Chaglette
Chaglette
Archmeister of Fujinoism
Archmeister of Fujinoism

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:23 pm

Nagi wrote:Nagisa : Oh Shizuma-sama... you still have me. <3 *gives a squeeze*

Shizuma : Oh yeah, almost forgot about you...~~

>_> Where's Tamao when you need her?
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Chaglette Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:26 am

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote: Shizuma : Oh yeah, almost forgot about you...~~

>_> Where's Tamao when you need her?

Coming out stories and Gay/Lesbian Discussion LGBT - Page 6 100798829 : *pops out Nagisa's skirt* Did someone mention my name?

Nagisa : T-Tamao-chan!
Chaglette
Chaglette
Archmeister of Fujinoism
Archmeister of Fujinoism

Back to top Go down

Post by SpiralDasher Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:03 am

"I'm Christian, Unless You're Gay"
http://www.danoah.com/2011/11/im-christian-unless-youre-gay.html

This whole article. No, not just that: all of the posts he shows of all the life stories people have told him, how people have changed. All the comments in all of his posts about this topic, people sharing their own life experiences. It shows that we're not alone. Others are like us.
I'm beyond lucky, a miracle has been bestowed upon me that both my parents are accepting of me. I know it's not the most comfortable topic for them, so I spare them having to think about it by not bringing it up, but I still have a roof over my head and loving, accepting parents, which so much more than so many of the stories I've heard about other homosexual children that have come out to their parents. I'm so fortunate, and it hurts when I read others aren't; so, when I read about the change this man's article has made, I can't help but feel overwhelmed and think that people are starting to change in the world, starting to look past hate and "sin" and just love /people/.

Follow-up posts concerning real-life stories about how this article changed their lives: http://www.danoah.com/category/im-christian-unless-youre-gay/

This article and the follow-up posts moved me to the point of tears, each new message bringing up a new flow. I'm honestly scared to post this, but if I can help spread the word, have others click the link, read the article, and /truly/ understand what it's like for us and others in similar situations, then I feel like I'm making a difference and not hiding any more. If this article has moved you too, please spread the word.

---

I've never been an active person to spread words of being accepting of homosexuals, because I've always been afraid of backlash. Like I said above, I am a slightly-outed lesbian, but I keep mostly to myself if the topic should arise. This is the first time I've done anything active. It feels good. It feels right. I'm so happy right now that nothing could bring me down, I haven't been this happy in a long time and all of this only for standing up for myself and others like me.

I say it again: If this article has moved you too, please spread the word. ^^
SpiralDasher
SpiralDasher
Coral student
Coral student

Bubuzuke points : 1200
Armitage GUTS!!! : 400

http://www.fanfiction.net/~littledemoninside

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:19 am

Thanks for sharing this, Dash. I had a chance to read the article and comments earlier today. More acceptance in an unaccepting world makes life suck less.

^^; Honestly, I can spread the word a tad differently. Check our announcements section in the near future, hopefully you'll be interesting in taking part.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by SpiralDasher Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:03 am

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:Thanks for sharing this, Dash. I had a chance to read the article and comments earlier today. More acceptance in an unaccepting world makes life suck less.

^^; Honestly, I can spread the word a tad differently. Check our announcements section in the near future, hopefully you'll be interesting in taking part.

Thanks, Luu. I know it's not much to be thanked just for reading something, but really, thank you. =) I posted this a couple other places and no one, not even anyone on facebook, responded to my post. I feel like they were avoiding it and that truly made me sad; are they trying to avoid the fact that I'm a lesbian? Can they not be bothered to take the time to read one powerful message?
I know I'm just speculating, but it means a lot to me that you took that time to read. Grazie. X3

I look forward to seeing what it is. ^^
SpiralDasher
SpiralDasher
Coral student
Coral student

Bubuzuke points : 1200
Armitage GUTS!!! : 400

http://www.fanfiction.net/~littledemoninside

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11, 12, 13  Next