Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

yaoi haters/lovers

+13
mandygirl78
The Fire Stirring Ruby
GoldenSun13
franticfranz
Kuga Natsuki
IlliterateKoi
aRANZa-tHAiR
Luu Sky Sapphire
Dead.And.Alive
Natsukichan1
CaptainVonCookie
shezaei-neko
shikiryougi
17 posters

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

yaoi haters/lovers - Page 3 Empty Re: yaoi haters/lovers

Post by Kuga Natsuki Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:41 am

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:I respect yaoi on the artistic sense. A lot of those doujinshi look stunning. Ruby-chan mentioned Free!, a series that was done by the same studio that brought you K-On!, so there's quality there. And of course there's absolutely nothing wrong with two men in love. That's where it ends for me, I just don't feel anything when two guys have sexual tension and chemistry in any series, be it anime/manga/TV/movies or comics.
There needs to be more men to share the same opinion as yours in this world, Luu Akira Okuzaki 
Kuga Natsuki
Kuga Natsuki
Space Samurai Marshall Banana

Bubuzuke points : 9709
Armitage GUTS!!! : 593

http://stargazerium.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by CaptainVonCookie Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:05 am

What are you people talking about?? This is a yaoi forum!! Mai Hime is an all male cast!! They are all traps! Have you ever seen one naked? They value their privacy first and foremost for not being discovered in a school with such an attachment to a church, and then for fighting orphans. Hime marks are actually an ancient remnant from Princess Princess in which the chosen ones would be the school idols! That's why they said to only check up on girls!! Akira was smarter than that and pretended to be a girl that was dressed as a boy to confuse all of them. This was clearly a spin off from Otome wa boku ni koishiteru!!!

On a deeper level, and because I already said I don't care for what the relationships are as long as the story is good. Never had mixed feelings about it, come what may I just won't watch if it's not entertaining and the same happened as a child! I was just incredibly embarrassed of saying I watched sailormoon when dragonball wasn't on. But hey!!!! The transformations had them naked!!!!

Plus, you guys made amazing comments in terms of educating and protecting this forum and humanity! Arika Yumemiya I'm proud of being a member of this forum!
CaptainVonCookie
CaptainVonCookie
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 535
Armitage GUTS!!! : 161

Back to top Go down

Post by Kuga Natsuki Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:21 pm

XD Embarrassed watching Sailor Moon?! I honestly have never heard of that before XD
Kuga Natsuki
Kuga Natsuki

Back to top Go down

Post by franticfranz Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:13 pm

Nymphetamine wrote:XD Embarrassed watching Sailor Moon?! I honestly have never heard of that before XD
I don't know if you can count this as embarrassment, but before I felt...more of uncomfortable and out of place at first. Of course, that changed as it went on. :)
franticfranz
franticfranz
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Bubuzuke points : 2192
Armitage GUTS!!! : 273

Back to top Go down

Post by shezaei-neko Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:23 pm

Well, I can say that I was kind of embarrassed of watching Sailor Moon at the time. It was more like, admitting it to my classmates in elementary school. They used to make fun of it and such. You understand how even kids at that age can be total pricks. So I never said I liked it 'til very much later.
Now I'm proud to yell it to any one who asks me.
shezaei-neko
shezaei-neko
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

Bubuzuke points : 4088
Armitage GUTS!!! : 756

http://shezaei-neko.livejournal.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:20 pm

I was never embarrassed to watch Sailor Moon. Freely admit this to an entire class of urban market kids and teens throughout my school years. I even had the balls to tell them how superior it was to DBZ.

When you prove it, you earn respect. It was done. I'd do the same if anyone said Mai-HiME looks like it sucks without knowing anything about it.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Bubuzuke points : 42532
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2524

http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by shezaei-neko Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:34 pm

You were brave indeed, Luu.
I sometimes wish I had done the same. Ah...there'd be many things I'd have changed back in those days.
shezaei-neko
shezaei-neko
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

Back to top Go down

Post by mandygirl78 Thu Aug 29, 2013 3:43 am

shikiryougi wrote:normally I think of gay and/or lesbian couples as weird idiots. however these days I find myself seeing Misaki and Hiroki from Junjou Romantica as sort of cute, but too sappy and emotional for my tastes
what are your views
well just to warn all yaoi lovers: BE VERY AFRAID, this world prohibits yaoi relationships due to it's a population of all yaoi haters/normal people, like me(and i'm not afraid to admit to you guys that I just don't like yaoi and me liking those two characters has nothing to do with it)
Normally I think people like you are TOTAL IDIOTS!
mandygirl78
mandygirl78
HiME Ranger
HiME Ranger

Bubuzuke points : 328
Armitage GUTS!!! : 108

Back to top Go down

Post by Kuga Natsuki Thu Aug 29, 2013 4:39 am

Chill, chill, Mandy :) From what has been stated on her profile, Shiki is still a little kid and needs a few more years to understand the awesomeness of homosexuality and its people michiru tenoh Shizuru Kaichou
Kuga Natsuki
Kuga Natsuki

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:59 pm

shezaei-neko wrote:You were brave indeed, Luu.
I sometimes wish I had done the same. Ah...there'd be many things I'd have changed back in those days.
Don't beat yourself up, Neko. You are singing the praises of GOOD anime and manga now, that's all that matters really. Be honest and show no fear. The exception would be if your honesty hurts others like Shiki's views on homosexuality, specifically lesbians.

mandygirl78 wrote:Normally I think people like you are TOTAL IDIOTS!
I agree with you, Mandy. Just don't lower yourself to that same ilk by calling others idiots.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by shezaei-neko Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:13 pm

I wouldn't do that to gay people, Luu. In fact, I've gotten into some "heated" arguments with my mom by defending gay people. Specially since some of my friends are.
So worry not, since the power of Yevon, Etro, Andraste, and Fumi will guide my yurilicious path to new horizons to the future to come. :3
shezaei-neko
shezaei-neko
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:31 am

shezaei-neko wrote:I wouldn't do that to gay people, Luu. In fact, I've gotten into some "heated" arguments with my mom by defending gay people. Specially since some of my friends are.
So worry not, since the power of Yevon, Etro, Andraste, and Fumi will guide my yurilicious path to new horizons to the future to come. :3
Didn't defending gays make her think you were gay yourself? It happened to Pup on a number of occassions. xD Why she allows her mother to look at her artwork is beyond me.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by shezaei-neko Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:21 pm

It's strange isn't it?
Either she's afraid to ask, or she's clueless...
I don't know...

shezaei-neko
shezaei-neko
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:14 pm

shezaei-neko wrote:It's strange isn't it?
Either she's afraid to ask, or she's clueless...
I don't know...

Point is, a parent's concern is understandable at best. The hatred from a twelve year old on the other hand...is not. If she were in her twenties, her opinion would be easier to digest. By then, you should be 100% sure on your feelings. A child doesn't have enough experience to fully understand what's out there.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by shezaei-neko Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:16 pm

Ditto.
it really kinda worries you to think that the "new" generation could be so intolerant...
shezaei-neko
shezaei-neko
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:03 am

shezaei-neko wrote:Ditto.
it really kinda worries you to think that the "new" generation could be so intolerant...
Shiki's banning time is up. This is not expected to be a life changing after-school special for her, guys. She can still hate homosexuals all she wants. Just not here on my turf.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by shezaei-neko Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:14 am

beer Cheers to the Walrus!!
shezaei-neko
shezaei-neko
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:16 am

shezaei-neko wrote:beer Cheers to the Walrus!!
beer Cheers to you and lesbians throughout MM-AND WILL YOU STOP THAT WALRUS SHIT! >:3 I'M NOT YOUR WALRUS OR A WALRUS IN GENERAL. PERIOD!
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by shezaei-neko Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:18 am

Such denial from the Walrus Shogun... the pup would be totally disappointed. :3
shezaei-neko
shezaei-neko
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:26 am

shezaei-neko wrote:Such denial from the Walrus Shogun... the pup would be totally disappointed. :3
>:3 The Pup's disappointed will be fixed in Japan. She's able to enjoy hot springs with other women! The disappointed one around here is ME for having to remain on the men's side. I'll just close my eyes and drift off. Aren't there private springs, Neko? I'd like to bathe with my girlfriend, if the country of Japan wouldn't mind! >_>
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by shezaei-neko Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:50 pm

Sure they are. In some areas, there are even mixed baths.
Also, you could either have a room with a private indoor or outdoor bath. Or even reserve private time in the bath, which is possible at some places too.
Just keep in mind that the cost could be a bit higher because of that...
shezaei-neko
shezaei-neko
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

Back to top Go down

Post by Zweifel Marguerite Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:25 pm

Am I the only one who was accepting of homosexuals even when I was a child? Maybe because I was an outcast myself, maybe because I always had diversity around me, somehow, I feel like my tolerance for human diversity has been there since very beginning. Note that I was raised in a family of Christians, I switched religious beliefs when I was 12. Being a Christian previously (a devoted one, I mind you) was never an obstacle to respect a homosexual person. Or any other person, on that matter. The complete ignorance of other Christians is what made me change religious beliefs and stand up to the defense side. That's why I am happy about the new Pope - he is thinking differently and sets a good example for all of the others to follow. That gives me a hope that Christianity may not be a doomed religion after all.

@thread topic...I like yaoi just as I like yuri. I have always said this and I will repeat myself - what matters to me is whether or not a pairing makes sense/has a certain feel/dynamic to it. I could name multiple ocassions where I prefer yaoi over a straight couple (KHR!, Hibari x Tsuna instead of Tsuna x Kyoko) or yuri over a straight couple (Umi Monogatari, Kanon x Marin instead of Kanon x Masahi), or a straight couple over both yaoi and yuri (Mai-HiME, Yuuichi x Mai, Takeda x Natsuki). I like to find as much diverse dynamics in series as possible by creating as many interesting pairings as possible. And it doesn't matter at all if they are straight, yaoi or yuri - love never had any boundaries and never will.

I was introduced to yaoi first, I only started my interest in yuri about two years ago, but I support them both, and that's that. This summer made me realise that I must stand up as a defense because nobody else will. And that I shall continue doing.
Zweifel Marguerite
Zweifel Marguerite
Resident TakuAki fanatic
Resident TakuAki fanatic

Bubuzuke points : 1192
Armitage GUTS!!! : 337

Back to top Go down

Post by shezaei-neko Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:40 pm

It is nice to know that since you were quite young you accepted homosexuality without trouble. That you had an open mind. That's what we need in children today.
shezaei-neko
shezaei-neko
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:12 am

Ivenetta-Zweifel wrote:Am I the only one who was accepting of homosexuals even when I was a child? Maybe because I was an outcast myself, maybe because I always had diversity around me, somehow, I feel like my tolerance for human diversity has been there since very beginning. Note that I was raised in a family of Christians, I switched religious beliefs when I was 12. Being a Christian previously (a devoted one, I mind you) was never an obstacle to respect a homosexual person. Or any other person, on that matter. The complete ignorance of other Christians is what made me change religious beliefs and stand up to the defense side. That's why I am happy about the new Pope - he is thinking differently and sets a good example for all of the others to follow. That gives me a hope that Christianity may not be a doomed religion after all.
The new Pope made a lot of mouths drop smack right into the floor. Typical glass half full Luu talking, but I feel like we're living in better times now. Not perfect mind you, just one day at a time.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by shezaei-neko Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:12 pm

Very true. I was very happy with what he said regarding that too.
shezaei-neko
shezaei-neko
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down