Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shizuru Fujino and Reito Kanzaki - The Most Powerful "Couple"?

+4
Highman
PostoronnimV
franticfranz
Kuga Natsuki
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Shizuru Fujino and Reito Kanzaki - The Most Powerful "Couple"? - Page 2 Empty Re: Shizuru Fujino and Reito Kanzaki - The Most Powerful "Couple"?

Post by GAP Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:31 am

^ Agreed. Shizuru being straight wouldn't as interesting.
GAP
GAP
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 429
Armitage GUTS!!! : 126

Back to top Go down

Shizuru Fujino and Reito Kanzaki - The Most Powerful "Couple"? - Page 2 Empty Re: Shizuru Fujino and Reito Kanzaki - The Most Powerful "Couple"?

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Tue Jul 09, 2013 6:54 pm

GAP wrote:^ Agreed. Shizuru being straight wouldn't as interesting.

On the bright side, a straight Shizuru would mean HaruKino becoming the most popular couple in the series. :p Or at the very least, Mai x Mikoto.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Bubuzuke points : 42532
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2524

http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiros Razer Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:32 pm

I think Shizuru's preferences were the reason some yuri hunters caught onto the series.
Then seeing Natsuki's kiss..

It's one of those golden yuri visuals.

I find yuri with or without the context.
I usually make my own pairings to please me.
Also find ones that are definite and love them too.

I watch/read many anime/manga to play the non stop
"FIND THE YURI" game.:D

Last edited by Kiros Razer on Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:33 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I am often editting and I failed in making it green. D:)
Kiros Razer
Kiros Razer
Coral student
Coral student

Bubuzuke points : 730
Armitage GUTS!!! : 112

http://kirosrazer.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:16 pm

Kiros Razer wrote:I think Shizuru's preferences were the reason some yuri hunters caught onto the series.
Then seeing Natsuki's kiss..

It's one of those golden yuri visuals.

I find yuri with or without the context.
I usually make my own pairings to please me.
Also find ones that are definite and love them too.

I watch/read many anime/manga to play the non stop
"FIND THE YURI" game.:D

Agreed. Shizuru made her sexuality clear in the fourth omake, so that was a yuri marketing ploy of sorts. XD That made it sound like a bad thing, didn't it? lol In all seriousness, you couldn't be more right if you tried. IMO, there's always yuri with or without context in almost anything we watch. The slightest hint of friendship between female characters can define a "bond", thus easy prey for hopefully *good* fanfiction. :D I found the yuri in Mai-HiME alright. Like Sailor Moon, it has such a large female cast, so yuri couplings were bound to happen. Viola 
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiros Razer Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:44 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:

Agreed. Shizuru made her sexuality clear in the fourth omake, so that was a yuri marketing ploy of sorts. XD That made it sound like a bad thing, didn't it? lol In all seriousness, you couldn't be more right if you tried. IMO, there's always yuri with or without context in almost anything we watch. The slightest hint of friendship between female characters can define a "bond", thus easy prey for hopefully *good* fanfiction. :DI found the yuri in Mai-HiME alright. Like Sailor Moon, it has such a large female cast, so yuri couplings were bound to happen. Viola 

Shizuru's personality regardless interested me.
I liked her Seiyuu, and many other things about her.
Also she was quite charming in her own Shizuru way.

I know back in the day almost any lesbian
that watched anime was drawn to Sailormoon, due to Haruka and Michiru.
I was one of their beloved fans and you are right,

female casts often make me think YURI!
Close friends between two women often
makes me want to write yuri for them too.
Kiros Razer
Kiros Razer
Coral student
Coral student

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:42 pm

Kiros Razer wrote:
Shizuru's personality regardless interested me.
I liked her Seiyuu, and many other things about her.
Also she was quite charming in her own Shizuru way.

I know back in the day almost any lesbian
that watched anime was drawn to Sailormoon, due to Haruka and Michiru.
I was one of their beloved fans and you are right,

female casts often make me think YURI!
Close friends between two women often
makes me want to write yuri for them too.

Naomi Shindou IS Shizuru, she embodies the character so perfectly. The character of Shizuru has a lot of charm to her; her kyoto accent being one of her biggest draws. It have her a mysterious, gentle yet sexy presence that very few anime characters have.

Oh I'm a huge Hachiru shipper, Sailor Moon was ahead of it's time with the yuri genre. Pushing the boundaries very little mainstream anime (not counting hentai LOL) were willing to push. It paved the way for ShizNat, Shizuma x Nagisa, Sachiko x Yumi, Chikane x Himeko and so on. Out of everyone, ShizNat defined the yuri genre for me. The others had their own touching story, but Shizuru and Natsuki felt like a combination of them all. Without them, there wouldn't be a MM forum or ShizNat Webs today. I always loved Mai-HiME/Otome as a whole, but ShizNat was that spark to take things further. Yuri is beautiful, so let's push it into the public's eye every chance we get. Gay Rainbow 
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiros Razer Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:20 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:

Naomi Shindou IS Shizuru, she embodies the character so perfectly. The character of Shizuru has a lot of charm to her; her kyoto accent being one of her biggest draws. It have her a mysterious, gentle yet sexy presence that very few anime characters have.

Oh I'm a huge Hachiru shipper, Sailor Moon was ahead of it's time with the yuri genre. Pushing the boundaries very little mainstream anime (not counting hentai LOL) were willing to push. It paved the way for ShizNat, Shizuma x Nagisa, Sachiko x Yumi, Chikane x Himeko and so on. Out of everyone, ShizNat defined the yuri genre for me. The others had their own touching story, but Shizuru and Natsuki felt like a combination of them all. Without them, there wouldn't be a MM forum or ShizNat Webs today. I always loved Mai-HiME/Otome as a whole, but ShizNat was that spark to take things further. Yuri is beautiful, so let's push it into the public's eye every chance we get. Gay Rainbow 
I was so into Gundam back in the day and I remember her Seiyuu. :D 

She did best as Shizuru IMO.

I agree, about yuri.
It has a soft touch to it.
A sweetness you can't find in most love.
ShizNat was where a lot of yuri love in the Mai-HiME fandom started.
I may like other pairings too but Shiznat were the roots to them for me.
I could never deny the shiznat! :D 

I've watched all kinds of yuri, and love it.
It's not all based on my personal preferences.
I can find beauty in all even despite that.
(Open to thoughts, views and possibilities.)

However yuri to me, is my replacement for sugar. Shizuru Fujino 
I need something to watch and read for extra sweetness.Mikoto Minagi 
To me it's sweeter than any other kind of love.
Kiros Razer
Kiros Razer
Coral student
Coral student

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:23 pm

That's really cool! You're able to broaden your horizons and see the beauty in everything out there. Yuri just seems very tender in it's own genre, so you can't really compare it to anything else like Shonen. Apples and oranges! XD Some may find it disappointing that yuri isn't really super popular like other genres, that's why we continue to celebrate it. Girls in love is always a sight to see you just need to open your eyes. Viola 
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiros Razer Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:46 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:That's really cool! You're able to broaden your horizons and see the beauty in everything out there. Yuri just seems very tender in it's own genre, so you can't really compare it to anything else like Shonen. Apples and oranges! XD Some may find it disappointing that yuri isn't really super popular like other genres, that's why we continue to celebrate it. Girls in love is always a sight to see you just need to open your eyes. Viola 
Love in general is a beautiful thing and some have different views..
Yuri is tender and it seems to pull those heart strings sometimes.
I know every being has a soft side but women in yuri show it well.
Especially in the sense of love.

And a woman in love and protecting her lover is a force to be reckoned with.
You never want to anger such a woman or oppose a threat.
Though the heart can blind certain things, it can add strength for things too.
I'm sure theres more to it, but what i noticed.:D 

The love in general is tender and definitely sweet. ^^
Kiros Razer
Kiros Razer
Coral student
Coral student

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:02 pm

Kiros Razer wrote:

Completely agree. It could also be that since homosexuality is so looked down upon in Japan (fictional works aside), that just makes relationship like ShizNat that much more special. Shizuru appears to have been raised by a wealthy family who were always told to be prim and proper. To the "right things" in life and never "go against nature". Which probably includes being attracted with the same sex. We all know Shizuru is unable to contain her passion for someone she feels strongly for, so everything with Natsuki was meant to happen.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiros Razer Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:34 am

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:

Completely agree. It could also be that since homosexuality is so looked down upon in Japan (fictional works aside), that just makes relationship like ShizNat that much more special. Shizuru appears to have been raised by a wealthy family who were always told to be prim and proper. To the "right things" in life and never "go against nature". Which probably includes being attracted with the same sex. We all know Shizuru is unable to contain her passion for someone she feels strongly for, so everything with Natsuki was meant to happen.
I have read that also about Japan and took that in consideration.
Their views on such things.
(My own parents are in their late 60s -70s and I can see the view there similar in ways.)
When I read fanfiction sometimes I look at how it can happen and possibilities.
I look into how the views of the author and see if I agree or disagree personally.

In a society where it's frowned upon,
her family does in ways give that feeling of wealth just as Haruka's does.
I mean listen to how Haruka in the anime viewed it.
Seems based on society/family could view it.

Haruka herself comes off too strong and why Shizuru's approach to things.
More gentle and not as verbal resulting in Shizuru easily beating her for the Kaichou rank.
Haruka is suited for her postion.

I also look at this. (My views are probably shared most likely but this is formed opinion on my own.)

Shizuru herself was probably raised to find such things not to be correct. (As you said.)
Your thoughts similar to mine at times.
I mean even despite Haruka finding Shizuru behaving inappropriately.
It can open the windows eventually for Haruka to figure out things like love.

Like reflect on how she feels for her friend.
I mean I doubt Haruka ever focused on love in general.
She has personal goals, won't give up and wants justice to be done.
With Yukino who balances them and helps her to plan.

(I brought in Haruka due to the raising of these two lovely young ladies.
How very different they are from the other.)

Haruka most likely when by rules and law since she was young without question.
Shizuru may of listened to a degree but more gentle and terms of love disagreed.
To Haruka she has to be the very best. (The pokemon theme gets stuck in my head)

She admired Shizuru, Yukino was honest inher observations.

It's interesting how people raised similar can be so different.

Like Shizuru eventually becoming with Natsuki.
Could result in Haruka being in ways influenced.
Due to personal admiration and desire to be herself as she moves on with life.

(I think her speech disorder is due to being obsessed with her routine and thinking constantly, but if your mind has thoughts are rather fast it comes out.
I'll admit my speech messes up due to me being constantly thinking I'll say the wrong word by accident and when corrected say I know that! (the word didn't come out as I thought it would.)

I know my thoughts went from Shizuru and Haruka's views then directly to Haruka and I am sure you notice my going from one thing to another.
I constantly have thoughts and talk about them in my sleep.
My mind rarely shuts down, I figured Haruka could have a thought disorder also.
Which could cause her speech to mess up..

I know my girlfriend corrects me and said one day you act just like Haruka when you complain about my correcting.
I switched my thoughts to that and they switch to many things.
I figured Haruka's traits seem to reflect this could be why.

I apologize for doing this, and I spent over two hours writing this as I write many thought related posts of length.

I honestly wanted to stay on our topic but again it's get hard.

I like how passionate Shizuru is.. and every character whether I like them or not in the series has a purpose but certain traits like Shizuru's are quite interesting and I can see her as a likable character if you look into the why's.
(Why did shizuru act like that? kind of way)
Kiros Razer
Kiros Razer
Coral student
Coral student

Back to top Go down

Post by GAP Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:51 am

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
Kiros Razer wrote:

Homosexuality is frowned upon in the West as well, Christianity teaches that same sex relationships are 'bad' and should be avoided. While Japan doesn't have that same Puritan baggage as Westerners do, it is still nevertheless frowned upon about the Japanese and social structures in Japan are a lot stricter than in America. I myself admit that I do not approve of homosexuality but I still enjoy ShizNat because Shizuru and Natsuki really do love each other. Natsuki acknowledged Shizuru's feelings for her but kindly told that she is not into her romantically but it can change in the future. I know Reito and Shizuru aren't real couple even they looked that way from the start.
GAP
GAP
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 429
Armitage GUTS!!! : 126

Back to top Go down

Post by Kuga Natsuki Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:59 pm

We need moar people like you, GAP :3 Not for homosexuality, but at least respective to it
Kuga Natsuki
Kuga Natsuki
Space Samurai Marshall Banana
Space Samurai Marshall Banana

Bubuzuke points : 9709
Armitage GUTS!!! : 593

http://stargazerium.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:54 am

Nymphetamine wrote:We need moar people like you, GAP :3 Not for homosexuality, but at least respective to it
There are so many types of sexualities out there. @_@; They all deserve some kind of respect, but only if the person is actually a good person.

In the case of Shizuru; she IS a good person. :3 Just don't piss her off.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2