Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Reito Kanzaki vs. Tate Yuuichi [Mai-HiME]

+12
IlliterateKoi
CaptainVonCookie
Cheshire Kat
SpiralDasher
Hohoemu
iRenji0713
MidnightPersona
she-ga-roo
Krystal of Nol
hildebrant
Valkyria Lightning
Luu Sky Sapphire
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Do you prefer Reito or Tate?

Reito Kanzaki vs. Tate Yuuichi [Mai-HiME] Vote_lcap249%Reito Kanzaki vs. Tate Yuuichi [Mai-HiME] I_vote_rcap 49% 
[ 20 ]
Reito Kanzaki vs. Tate Yuuichi [Mai-HiME] Vote_lcap232%Reito Kanzaki vs. Tate Yuuichi [Mai-HiME] I_vote_rcap 32% 
[ 13 ]
Reito Kanzaki vs. Tate Yuuichi [Mai-HiME] Vote_lcap219%Reito Kanzaki vs. Tate Yuuichi [Mai-HiME] I_vote_rcap 19% 
[ 8 ]

Total Votes : 41

Reito Kanzaki vs. Tate Yuuichi [Mai-HiME] Empty Reito Kanzaki vs. Tate Yuuichi [Mai-HiME]

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:08 pm

Reito Kanzaki vs. Tate Yuuichi [Mai-HiME]

Reito Kanzaki vs. Tate Yuuichi [Mai-HiME] Tate_v10

---

hildebrant got the wheels in my head turning after mentioning prince status for Reito and Tate. Now I must you all, which of these two dashing Mai-HiME men do you prefer? In terms of personality, looks and even memorable moments from the Mai-HiME series. You can even use the manga to your advantage (that will help Tate greatly ;p ). I'll be back with my answer once I get a reply from hildebrant on the Tate thread.

Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Bubuzuke points : 42532
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2524

http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Reito Kanzaki vs. Tate Yuuichi [Mai-HiME] Empty Re: Reito Kanzaki vs. Tate Yuuichi [Mai-HiME]

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:21 pm

-Double post-

Poll added for Reito vs. Tate!
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Reito Kanzaki vs. Tate Yuuichi [Mai-HiME] Empty Re: Reito Kanzaki vs. Tate Yuuichi [Mai-HiME]

Post by Valkyria Lightning Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:28 pm

To be honest, I always had a thing for ze Afro-man o.o (what was his name again? He reminds me of a plushie~ )

Tate is the sort of guy who gets often misunderstood, but mostly because he can't express himself the way he wants to. He doesn't want to hurt anyone (neither Mai nor Shiho), but makes it worse because he just won't open his trap.

Reito, on the other hand... he seems perfect at first sight. The kind of son-in-law every mother wants to have. But he's too ...sleek (dunno if that's the right word). Just TOO "perfect", while he tends to be an awkward bastard once the mask comes off.

In this case, I'd rather go for Tate's character, but not even that because he's not really honest to himself and the girls during the show. And even if he shows guts later and tries to stand up against Reito... nah.
Valkyria Lightning
Valkyria Lightning
The Apex Asexual Predator struck by FLightning
The Apex Asexual Predator struck by FLightning

Bubuzuke points : 2299
Armitage GUTS!!! : 740

Back to top Go down

Post by hildebrant Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:56 pm

Everyone who knows me knows I'm on Tate's side and he's gained my vote. He's been my favorite character since the series began. Its never easy choosing between two girls knowing that even if you choose one you'll end up hurting the other. Plus how many guys do you know that will calmly and peacefully face their own deaths just so the two people you care about the most will stop trying to kill each other? Reito to me is too much of an upper classmen and too perfect, its not real and too fake for my liking.
hildebrant
hildebrant
Coral student
Coral student

Bubuzuke points : 888
Armitage GUTS!!! : 233

Back to top Go down

Post by Krystal of Nol Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:05 am

I prefer Reito, I blame his bastard part to the Obsidian Prince.
Krystal of Nol
Krystal of Nol
ShizNat Queen: cuz is never enough ShizNat!
ShizNat Queen: cuz is never enough ShizNat!

Bubuzuke points : 1967
Armitage GUTS!!! : 737

http://krystal-of-nol.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:23 pm

Valkyria Lightning wrote:To be honest, I always had a thing for ze Afro-man o.o (what was his name again? He reminds me of a plushie~ ).

Mr. Sakomizu. My ex used to refer to him as a soft teddy bear, haha.

On topic, I must say both guys have their strong and weak points. Even the very things that make them great work again them. In the end I prefer Reito, he's more memorable to me.

Reito Kanzaki has this pimp quality about him that is very appealing, you secretly want to be the dude as he gets all the female attention and wrecks confusing on the HiME. It's understandable that more people would prefer Tate, he's the more average joe that you can actually get along with. While he greats everyone at Fuuka, Reito comes off as the type to pick his friends. The fortunate "elite" group.

The "mask" Valkyria Lightning mentioned was clearly taken off in Kuro no Mai where the HiME girls get revenge on Reito. He acts like I've never seen him before with the awkwardness, the over-the-top screaming and inability to maintain crowd control with the ladies. Bitches had that planned for a long time now. So it's proof that Reito can be just as much of a goofball as Tate.

This is my preference in the anime series; Tate in the manga is a different story. The guy is capable of assisting the HiME in battle and isn't portrayed as useless. Being a male-in-distress sort of hurt Tate's image in the anime for me, my opinion. Having a thing with Natsuki (heterosexual Natsuki!!!) and being able to fight back against the enemy shows me a man's man has emerge.

Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by she-ga-roo Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:37 am

tate!
not like my boyfriend or something, mai can keep him XD
i just think he's more funny and nicer to hang out with. you know like a buddy.
and i like this style with the spiky hair and the sideburns ^^

Last edited by she-ga-roo on Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
she-ga-roo
she-ga-roo
Coral student
Coral student

Bubuzuke points : 791
Armitage GUTS!!! : 240

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:27 am

Yuuichi would make a great buddy-type. :) Reito only wants exclusive people talking to him. You know, if you had orange hair and a hot rack... Mai Tokiha
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by MidnightPersona Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:32 pm

Tate Tate Tate TATE!

Okay, I just... I know I have my issues with Tate, but to me he's still a hero in the series at the end. Reito? Reito gave into the inner evil when he could've fought it harder. Not saying Tate always did the right thing (Cuz he fucked Shiho up, period), but in the end of the series he does realize he did wrong and tried to make up for it and fucking does it in an epic way.

Reito, as show in the special later, doesn't ever really get better. The girls still harbor a bit of hate/fear toward him and he's obviously more innerly-evil than originally thought. One could say he was a victim, but he turns out to not be willing to go forward from that.

Therefore, I love Tate more. Yuuichi, at least, shows improvement and is willing to try where-as Reito basically give up and allows his inner demons control.

It makes him similar to Shizuru, but for different reasons and... I need to make a Shizuru and Reito comparison. I didn't realize till now they're so SIMILAR!
MidnightPersona
MidnightPersona
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

Bubuzuke points : 4253
Armitage GUTS!!! : 798

Back to top Go down

Post by iRenji0713 Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:31 am

Neither~!
Not because of the fact that I have Tate's awesumm sideburns and Reito's attitude, but because of character and motives.

Tate, for one, is your "normal" guy. He is, like many shoujo series male lead, the stereotypical nice guy. However, what's interesting is, like how every other character is in the Mai-series, he was also given his share of flaws, which make his character a very realistic one, which most can relate to. In defense to anime Tate, he showed the reaction a real man would do when put in his situation. Manga Tate was just pure awesome. :D

Reito, on the other hand, is your "perfect" guy. He is the usual cool, calm and collected guy every series has. But, in his case, what his flaws are in his hidden personality. Not so hidden, per se, but not outright obvious. He has a hidden agenda that was observed early, but not deciphered until it came into the spotlight near the end. Manga Reito is quite, uh? Like, there wasn't even Manga Reito to begin with. :|
iRenji0713
iRenji0713
炎髪灼眼の討ち手
炎髪灼眼の討ち手

Bubuzuke points : 404
Armitage GUTS!!! : 168

Back to top Go down

Post by Hohoemu Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:17 pm

I voted neither, I just can't decide which one I prefer >3<

Reito is so cool and handsome, he's a charismatic guy for sure, but he's definitly rotten XD
He is just a kind of poisonous flower, mesmeric and manipulator, in fact an abhorrent kind of person, though I admire him.

Tate-kun is not really handsome (his sideburns AND eyebrows are so weird O_O) nor charismaric, but he is truly good-hearted despite his stubbornness. He is the kind of guy I would like to have as a brother.
He is somewhat tortured in a way, and it makes him lovely.

But definitely, my favourite ones are Nagi and Kazu-kun <3
Hohoemu
Hohoemu
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 552
Armitage GUTS!!! : 248

http://www.poison-and-the-rose.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:26 am

iRenji0713 wrote:Neither~!
Not because of the fact that I have Tate's awesumm sideburns and Reito's attitude, but because of character and motives.

Tate, for one, is your "normal" guy. He is, like many shoujo series male lead, the stereotypical nice guy. However, what's interesting is, like how every other character is in the Mai-series, he was also given his share of flaws, which make his character a very realistic one, which most can relate to. In defense to anime Tate, he showed the reaction a real man would do when put in his situation. Manga Tate was just pure awesome. :D

Reito, on the other hand, is your "perfect" guy. He is the usual cool, calm and collected guy every series has. But, in his case, what his flaws are in his hidden personality. Not so hidden, per se, but not outright obvious. He has a hidden agenda that was observed early, but not deciphered until it came into the spotlight near the end. Manga Reito is quite, uh? Like, there wasn't even Manga Reito to begin with. :|

Manga Tate was a BAMF! :) It felt like the right thing to do by making him a main character in the more shonen-filled world of Mai-HiME manga. He had potential in the anime that wasn't necessarily reached, so why not put him front and center? When fans look back on the Mai-HiME manga, I hope they can agree that it was more exciting and non-apologetic compared to Mai-HiME EXA.

Hohoemu wrote:But definitely, my favourite ones are Nagi and Kazu-kun <3

*resists urge to rant about Nagi* LORD, GIVE ME STRENGTH!!!!

Kazuya gets extra points in Mai-Otome, but accepting the feelings of a very nice girl in Akane Higurashi made him a hero in my eyes. :)

Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by SpiralDasher Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:59 am

Neither? =D;;

Sakomizu! ^^ Definitely a great character. I'm sad he didn't get more screen time. =/
SpiralDasher
SpiralDasher
Coral student
Coral student

Bubuzuke points : 1200
Armitage GUTS!!! : 400

http://www.fanfiction.net/~littledemoninside

Back to top Go down

Post by Hohoemu Thu Feb 09, 2012 5:53 am

But Nagi is sooo cool! è_é
Compared to that little brat in Mai Otome, he's such a nice boy!

Takeda is in my top rate too, he's just so funny , poor thing XD
Hohoemu
Hohoemu
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 552
Armitage GUTS!!! : 248

http://www.poison-and-the-rose.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by hildebrant Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:38 am

The More people I see that prefer or even like Manga Tate actually makes me feel less like an outcast. Yeah Sakomizu with his Jushin "Thunder" Liger mask that can spit out knockout gas that can take down fake police officers. Hope to see some more support for Tate in the days to come.
hildebrant
hildebrant
Coral student
Coral student

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:12 am

hildebrant wrote:The More people I see that prefer or even like Manga Tate actually makes me feel less like an outcast. Yeah Sakomizu with his Jushin "Thunder" Liger mask that can spit out knockout gas that can take down fake police officers. Hope to see some more support for Tate in the days to come.

Sakomizu was an obvious mark for New Japan Pro Wrestling. :) Thanks for being the 2nd North American Mai fan in history who noticed that.

Hope to see more support for every overlooked character from the Mai-Series. 8)
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheshire Kat Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:16 am

Uhm... I'm going with Yuuichi here. *LE GASP*

I do have problems with him, seeing as he couldn't make up his mind between Mai and Shiho, but he wasn't doing it to be a jerk. He's a generally, all-around nice guy, someone who doesn't try to cause trouble and someone who doesn't want to hurt the two girls aiming their affections toward him; I think that's why he was bouncing between Mai and Shiho. He stuck with Shiho for a while, because, I have a feeling he knew she was obsessed with him, and he didn't want her to go into a deep-seated depression if he chose Mai.

But as the story went on, Yuuichi gravitated towards Mai because, she was suffering too. He just doesn't want anyone to have a bad day- he and Mai would actually make a fairly good couple. (Oh lord did I just say that?) Yes, yes I did. >_>; Kill me now, I'm going insane. XD

Reito, on the other hand, like other people have said, is more internally evil than we thought. He's a nice guy when he wants to be, but he can sip on that haterade like any other butthurt anime villian. We saw this in the Blu-ray special of HiME. That evil expression when Mai was "choosing him over Yuuichi" wasn't just added for humour. e.e

Ultimately, I'd choose Yuuichi over Reito. I like nice, goofy guys over the manipulative, awkward type. :3 Although, I'd choose Masashi over the two in a heartbeat. XD
Cheshire Kat
Cheshire Kat
Coral student
Coral student

Bubuzuke points : 819
Armitage GUTS!!! : 219

Back to top Go down

Post by hildebrant Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:44 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
hildebrant wrote:The More people I see that prefer or even like Manga Tate actually makes me feel less like an outcast. Yeah Sakomizu with his Jushin "Thunder" Liger mask that can spit out knockout gas that can take down fake police officers. Hope to see some more support for Tate in the days to come.

Sakomizu was an obvious mark for New Japan Pro Wrestling. :) Thanks for being the 2nd North American Mai fan in history who noticed that.

Hope to see more support for every overlooked character from the Mai-Series. 8)

Makes me wonder what other masks he has in his collection? like a Hayabusa one or one of Eddy Guerrero's old Black Tiger masks? Sorry but the old pro wrestling fanboy tends to come out in me at times. Yes everyone show some love and support to the ones that deserve it. Its great to see people that like people are showing some love to Takeda and Kazu of all people

Cheshire Kat wrote:Uhm... I'm going with Yuuichi here. *LE GASP*

I do have problems with him, seeing as he couldn't make up his mind between Mai and Shiho, but he wasn't doing it to be a jerk. He's a generally, all-around nice guy, someone who doesn't try to cause trouble and someone who doesn't want to hurt the two girls aiming their affections toward him; I think that's why he was bouncing between Mai and Shiho. He stuck with Shiho for a while, because, I have a feeling he knew she was obsessed with him, and he didn't want her to go into a deep-seated depression if he chose Mai.

But as the story went on, Yuuichi gravitated towards Mai because, she was suffering too. He just doesn't want anyone to have a bad day- he and Mai would actually make a fairly good couple. (Oh lord did I just say that?) Yes, yes I did. >_>; Kill me now, I'm going insane. XD

Reito, on the other hand, like other people have said, is more internally evil than we thought. He's a nice guy when he wants to be, but he can sip on that haterade like any other butthurt anime villian. We saw this in the Blu-ray special of HiME. That evil expression when Mai was "choosing him over Yuuichi" wasn't just added for humour. e.e

Ultimately, I'd choose Yuuichi over Reito. I like nice, goofy guys over the manipulative, awkward type. :3 Although, I'd choose Masashi over the two in a heartbeat. XD

And Takeda gets even more love. And Tate gets one more follower and its perfectly fine that you think Yuuichi and Mai make a good couple. The more support they get the better. Thanks again
hildebrant
hildebrant
Coral student
Coral student

Back to top Go down

Post by CaptainVonCookie Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:13 am

I always preferred Reito! Even more after the blu ray special! Dude's just a funny brat!

But of all the guys, I like Takeda better! Dude is just awesome!!
CaptainVonCookie
CaptainVonCookie
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 535
Armitage GUTS!!! : 161

Back to top Go down

Post by IlliterateKoi Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:26 pm

bump

Reito <3

I noticed that a lot of you pointed out the 'inner evil' that Reito possesses, but that's part of the appeal for me Razz It makes him a bit unpredictable, since you never know when he's plotting something (Though him being the Obsidian Prince was rather obvious fairly early on lol) It keeps him interesting, and to be honest, I often find myself liking 'villains', guess it's that element of danger or something ;D

Besides, he's like a male version of Shizuru, so I'm inclined to pick him anyway ;3

Tate has his plus points too though, and if I were in Mai's position I would definitely choose him over Reito. He's that normal guy that everyone relates to on some level, and he did show some guts towards the end of the series.

I haven't read the manga, so I can't comment on it, but anime Tate has grown on me a lot since I first watched HiME, more so the past couple of times, probably in part because of this place, since I'd never even met a Tate fan before joining here ;P I guess it made me actually pay attention to him a bit more, and he's pretty cool in his own way :3

Reito will always be my favourite male from the series though :)

IlliterateKoi
IlliterateKoi
Goldfish wanker of Camelot
Goldfish wanker of Camelot

Bubuzuke points : 4261
Armitage GUTS!!! : 441

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:48 pm

IlliterateKoi wrote: bump

Reito <3

I noticed that a lot of you pointed out the 'inner evil' that Reito possesses, but that's part of the appeal for me Razz It makes him a bit unpredictable, since you never know when he's plotting something (Though him being the Obsidian Prince was rather obvious fairly early on lol) It keeps him interesting, and to be honest, I often find myself liking 'villains', guess it's that element of danger or something ;D

Besides, he's like a male version of Shizuru, so I'm inclined to pick him anyway ;3

Reito will always be my favourite male from the series though :)

I have to agree, Koi. Since you first joined MM, I noticed your interest in Reito early on. Now you've made things more clear about your feelings and I like it. You're spot on about being a male Shizuru, being unpredictable and that villains gives you that THRILL. Most of my favorite character in the history of animation are villains.

The only legitimate gripe I have with Reito is the fact that he was weak. Both as himself and the Obsidian Lord. ASSUME KUGA RANT POSITION!!!

Natsuki Kuga Natsuki Kuga Natsuki Kuga Natsuki Kuga A CLIMATIC BATTLE ON EPISODE 26 BETWEEN MAI AND KAGUTSUCHI VERSUS THE KILLER COMBINATION OF MISGUIDED MIKOTO AND MIROKU...AND THE CAMERA FOCUSES ON REITO FIGHTING TATE?! ARE YOU KIDDING ME!? I get that the rematch between Mai and Mikoto was building towards Mai being honest with herself which ultimately break Mikoto free....BUT WHY IN THE HOLY MOTHER OF MOSES AND JAMIE LEE CURTIS WOULD YOU HAVE THE TWO SURVIVING HiME OF THE CARNIVAL ARC IN THE BACKGROUND, RATHER THAN THE FOREFRONT!? I MEAN FOR CHRIST'S SAKE, IMO THESE TWO WERE THE TOP OF THE HEAP AND YOU GIVE REITO AND TATE SOME SCREEN TIME!? IF YOU JUST HAD TATE GIVING REITO HIS COME UPPINGS AND REITO SHRUGS IT OFF BY TELLING TATE THAT THE SCORE WILL ONLY BE SETTLED BETWEEN MAI AND MIKOTO, IT WOULD OF BEEN BETTER. THAT WAY, TATE CAN FUCKING CHEER FOR MAI WITH THOUGHT MONOLOGUES AND THE GIRLS CAN BE LEFT ALONE WITH THEIR EMOTIONAL CONFLICT BEFORE THE OTHERS RISE FROM THEIR GRAVES. FUCK YOU SUNRISE!!! Natsuki Kuga Natsuki Kuga Natsuki Kuga Natsuki Kuga

There, I had my intentional over the top moment. :3 Stay on topic with Reito and Tate again.

Koi, Tate is pretty cool in the manga. He's given a lot more to do and he gets very lucky in spots. Get over the fact that Natsuki is heterosexual and that the Mai-HiME you once knew traded emotional character relationships for over the top action *points at my rant*, then sky's the limit.

Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by BMeph Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:13 am

IlliterateKoi wrote:

..., since I'd never even met a Tate fan before joining here ;P

Two nice reasons for me to pick Yuuichi Ta...oh, there's a "Tate Yuuichi" listed, but no "Yuuichi Tate," although the first option is introduced as "Reito Kanzaki"?

Hmm, I'll vote for neither, then. In protest, for both Masashi, and 'ichi constantly being referenced as if their names were reversed. Which is annoying to me, since Takeda-san rubs me wrong - bah, I can rant about Mr. Takeda elsewhere.
BMeph
BMeph
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 407
Armitage GUTS!!! : 45

Back to top Go down

Post by hildebrant Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:32 am

well it looks like the favorite of this poll is obvious
hildebrant
hildebrant
Coral student
Coral student

Back to top Go down

Post by ookamidesu Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:11 pm

Tate, simply because he's a stronger character than Reito.

And you know, he actually has a personality, flaws and all.
Though, if Takeda had more screen time, I'd vote for him.
ookamidesu
ookamidesu
Sexilicious Zhang-papa
Sexilicious Zhang-papa

Bubuzuke points : 8884
Armitage GUTS!!! : 1354

http://jnz5012.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:13 pm

ookamidesu wrote:Though, if Takeda had more screen time, I'd vote for him.

Because he has the most flaws of them all, right? Or maybe it's for his awkwardness around Natsuki? If Shizuru didn't exist, I'm sure that....O_O Nah. I've obviously had too much juice.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next