Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How could Takumi have played a bigger role in Mai Otome

3 posters

Go down

How could Takumi have played a bigger role in Mai Otome Empty How could Takumi have played a bigger role in Mai Otome

Post by LyriumEidolon Fri May 10, 2013 6:04 pm

One thing I really didn't like about Mai Otome is that Takumi got so little of a role. I'd almost go so far as to say that he was pretty much non-existent. For him to hold a position of power in a nation (from what I am aware) and only appear in one episode (three if you count his finding Mashiro appearance in Episode... 11? Also his one appearance at the end of episode 26 with Mai), I'm not impressed with how he was left out for most of the series.

Surely he could have played a bigger role? I'm not asking that suddenly the whole of the Otome universe revolve around him, just that he could become a little bit more prominent as a supporting character instead of a walk-on.

Any ideas on how he could do so?
LyriumEidolon
LyriumEidolon
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 331
Armitage GUTS!!! : 59

Back to top Go down

How could Takumi have played a bigger role in Mai Otome Empty Re: How could Takumi have played a bigger role in Mai Otome

Post by CaptainVonCookie Sat May 11, 2013 6:50 am

I actually think he was incredibly important in Mai Otome. He brought the attention of an immature queen to the poverty of her people "the prince and the pauper" style! And clues to his famous sister.

He could have made for a more interesting character if he tried to take control from under Mashiro in an effort to get access to Garderobe to find his sister. All under the excuse off poor ruling on her part, he'd get to help the people but misuse Garderobe's power. It would certainly add dimension to his character. Also becoming obsessed with having the Otome technology tweaked to help his condition.
CaptainVonCookie
CaptainVonCookie
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 535
Armitage GUTS!!! : 161

Back to top Go down

How could Takumi have played a bigger role in Mai Otome Empty Re: How could Takumi have played a bigger role in Mai Otome

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Sat May 11, 2013 4:09 pm

That's the only way I can see Prince Takumi no Kami Tadayori working in the series. An interest in the Otome technology would make him and Zipang another group like the Aswad. I can see the whole rebel ninjas idea working. Takumi being leader of the operations would of made an excellent twist, especially if Mashiro is the one who discovers it. It's a shame that he and Akira only played small roles in one episode. Though, it was a very GOOD episode for the development of Queen Mashiro.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Bubuzuke points : 42532
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2524

http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down