Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Possible alternate pairings for Takumi?

2 posters

Go down

Possible alternate pairings for Takumi? Empty Possible alternate pairings for Takumi?

Post by LyriumEidolon Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:52 am

One thing I'm struggling to find in this particular section are possible pairings for Takumi. I know I've listed one or two, but I have a feeling that other people may know of some possible pairings that I don't. So, who do you think that Takumi could be with (other than Akira).Takumi 
LyriumEidolon
LyriumEidolon
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 331
Armitage GUTS!!! : 59

Back to top Go down

Possible alternate pairings for Takumi? Empty Re: Possible alternate pairings for Takumi?

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:49 pm

LyriumEidolon wrote:One thing I'm struggling to find in this particular section are possible pairings for Takumi. I know I've listed one or two, but I have a feeling that other people may know of some possible pairings that I don't. So, who do you think that Takumi could be with (other than Akira).Takumi 

What about Aoi-chan?

Possible alternate pairings for Takumi? Vlcsna27

^ From the early going of the series (episode 2 to be precise), Aoi took an immediate liking to Takumi's cuteness.

Possible alternate pairings for Takumi? Vlcsna28

^ Just look at how smitten she is! If I weren't such a major Chie x Aoi and TakuAki shipper, I'd give Takumi an alternate girlfriend in Aoi. And why not? She's nice, adventurous and has a hidden naughty side to her. The perfect "girl next door" next to Akane.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Bubuzuke points : 42532
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2524

http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Possible alternate pairings for Takumi? Empty Re: Possible alternate pairings for Takumi?

Post by LyriumEidolon Tue Jul 09, 2013 5:05 pm

I have to say, I quite like Aoi as a candidate for that position. Part of me was hoping that in the series, the way Aoi took to Takumi was going to mean that they would end up together. Later, I even read a fanfic (AU admittedly I think) that explicitly stated that Aoi wanted Takumi with the words "He will be mine" and other gems that hinted she was going to make him hers. I lost interest halfway through, but it looked like the AoiTakumi pairing didn't materialize there :(

Maybe someday I might create a fic where those two actually hook up (provided I can get good at writing romance. The last crack romance I tried writing ended up as such a disaster that I eventually took it down). Maybe a chance encounter where they are discussing what to get for Mai's birthday turning into a really enjoyable time for Aoi and a really interesting time for Takumi... Still, I really like the two of them being together.

I'm still curious if anyone's got another alternate Takumi pairing to share. Part of me wonders if maybe Takumi and Mai from a romantic (hey, I think some people are into that sort of theme) standpoint would be a possibility. Or maybe Mashiro (saw some art with the two of them together) or Shizuru (saw some art featuring her, him and an oc).

(Side note: Sorry if the Mai/Takumi romantic pairing creeps anyone out. Like I said, apparently some people are into that sort of theme. An example I've run into from Yugioh 5Ds was Rua/Ruka or Leo/Luna if you prefer the English, twin brother and sister. Although it didn't seem too popular, it was still popular enough that there weren't many fics about either of them being with other people iirc, and there might have been a few other places where it was relative/relative, I just can't remember other fandoms that had this atm. That particular theme just seems to resonate with some people.)
LyriumEidolon
LyriumEidolon
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:15 pm

Geez, Lyrium. Sounds like the author (who happens to be...?) decided to give up on running with the potential idea of Aoi x Takumi. Aoi becoming this obsessed girl who wants to make Takumi hers will feel like shades of Shizuru, only a bit more scandalous. The age gap is a bit wider; making it more interesting.

If you were to write incest fics based on Mai and Takumi, I would allow it. There is a lot of teasing of the viewer when it comes to their sibling relationship. Take advantage of those moments where Takumi is teased about his "sister complex". I'd like to read that story, although I'm hoping it takes place in a Akira-less alternate universe so Takumi doesn't get distracted by her. If Akira needs to be in the story, then have her already in a relationship with somebody else.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Bubuzuke points : 42532
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2524

http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by LyriumEidolon Fri Jul 12, 2013 4:32 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:Geez, Lyrium. Sounds like the author (who happens to be...?) decided to give up on running with the potential idea of Aoi x Takumi. Aoi becoming this obsessed girl who wants to make Takumi hers will feel like shades of Shizuru, only a bit more scandalous. The age gap is a bit wider; making it more interesting.

If you were to write incest fics based on Mai and Takumi, I would allow it. There is a lot of teasing of the viewer when it comes to their sibling relationship. Take advantage of those moments where Takumi is teased about his "sister complex". I'd like to read that story, although I'm hoping it takes place in a Akira-less alternate universe so Takumi doesn't get distracted by her. If Akira needs to be in the story, then have her already in a relationship with somebody else.

That person who wrote the fic already beat me to writing the Mai/Takumi incest theme in the exact same story as the potential AoiTakumi pairing. Admittedly, I haven't read the full story yet as I lost interest when it was crossing over into realms I wasn't familiar with, but Akira was also involved in the story (with TakuAki popping up later) and I think something might have happened to Aoi before she could make her move. Make no mistake, I really enjoyed what I saw of the story (largely because of the alternate pairings provided for Takumi, but also because of the twists and changes from the original storyline resulting in some very interesting scenarios), I just wished the AoiTakumi subplot actually came to pass. If you want me to post a link to this person's story, just let me know and I'll do it later.

Maybe one day, though, I could try writing an AoiTakumi romance. Just curious, I might have read this somewhere here in the past before I signed up, but I thought I saw Takumi/Midori suggested somewhere. Any idea how that would work, or would it not work at all?
LyriumEidolon
LyriumEidolon
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down