Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Join the KORRA NATION! [Legend of Korra/Avatar The Last Airbender Discussion Thread]

+14
CaptainVonCookie
shezaei-neko
Sergay Tate
Bluholic711
Cheshire Kat
depression76
Konaxookami
IlliterateKoi
SulliMike23
SpiralDasher
SoulEaterHaruhis0s
Luu Sky Sapphire
hildebrant
WolvenBane08
18 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Join the KORRA NATION! [Legend of Korra/Avatar The Last Airbender Discussion Thread] - Page 4 Empty Re: Join the KORRA NATION! [Legend of Korra/Avatar The Last Airbender Discussion Thread]

Post by shezaei-neko Sat Aug 17, 2013 12:17 am

Done! I'll start gathering all I need to start with the sacrifice...

I really prefer Bolin to Mako. But I really doubt Bolin will be paired up with Asami.
Maybe they'll create another character just for him. Just like they did for Sokka.
shezaei-neko
shezaei-neko
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

Bubuzuke points : 4088
Armitage GUTS!!! : 756

http://shezaei-neko.livejournal.com/

Back to top Go down

Join the KORRA NATION! [Legend of Korra/Avatar The Last Airbender Discussion Thread] - Page 4 Empty Re: Join the KORRA NATION! [Legend of Korra/Avatar The Last Airbender Discussion Thread]

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Sat Aug 17, 2013 12:22 am

Asami is my favorite character. There's so much depth and emotion for a character so underused. Korra herself would be second as I love her tenacity and spirit. As for third, I'm always juggling both Bolin and Tenzin. Probably lean towards Tenzin more as he's a real badass when he needs to be. Oh and Lin Beifong, the obvious Maria Graceburt of the series. :lol: 
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Bubuzuke points : 42532
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2524

http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by shezaei-neko Sat Aug 17, 2013 12:26 am

I'm a bit surprised to see Lin "so low" in your ranking. I'd thought she'd be second or so, given the reason you mentioned. ---->Miss Maria 
shezaei-neko
shezaei-neko
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Sat Aug 17, 2013 11:26 pm

Strange isn't it? XD There's something about Lin that makes her less appealing than Maria. I wish I could put my finger on it.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by shezaei-neko Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:40 pm

Maybe is that she can't change into her younger version when she uses her powers?
shezaei-neko
shezaei-neko
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:56 pm

shezaei-neko wrote:Maybe is that she can't change into her younger version when she uses her powers?
That's not it, Neko. Remember, I'm one of the microscopic few who prefers to sleep with older Maria.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by shezaei-neko Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:11 pm

Ah, right.
Then, she's not enough of a granny like Miss Maria to completely catch you. :3
shezaei-neko
shezaei-neko
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Wed Aug 21, 2013 5:53 pm

shezaei-neko wrote:Ah, right.
Then, she's not enough of a granny like Miss Maria to completely catch you. :3
>:3 She could be if they gave her more screen time. Book 2 might fix that. Korra chibi
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by shezaei-neko Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:39 pm

Let's hope it does. For your sake. :'3
shezaei-neko
shezaei-neko
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:41 pm

shezaei-neko wrote:Let's hope it does. For your sake. :'3
:'3 You're too kind, Neko.

>_< AHHHHHHHHHHH! THE TIME FOR BOOK 2'S TELEVISION DEBUT IS DRAWING NEAR!!!! THE WAIT IS KILLING ME!!!!!!!!!!!!
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by shezaei-neko Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:43 pm

Tell me about it!!
I'll be glued to the monitor screen to watch it when it comes out!!
shezaei-neko
shezaei-neko
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

Back to top Go down

Post by GoldenSun13 Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:37 am

The things I'm about to say may have already been said, but I recently watched Aang and Korra one after the other so...

The Legend of Aang (or the Last Airbender depending on where you come from) was an amazing journey. The pacing was good, the characters developed well and the story truly grabbed you. The fact that we have to wait until October for the final comic instalment of the Zuko's mother's storyline is killing me, but I am thankfully they finally decided to tell us the story at all.

Korra on the other hand I was a tad disappointed with. The fault for this isn't completely on the writers, as Nick should have just given them the full 20-22 episode haul for one season. Instead they gave them 15 episodes and waited until Korra had aired before booking another 25 or so episodes. This not only forced Bryan and Mike to rush the story along, but also means the next few seasons will also be tearfully short.
The animation and music is spectacular and I do like Korra, but the unnecessary love... square? wasted time and made me hate Mako. In fact, I think there was too much emphasis on romantic love when what was really needed that season was friendship and courage in the face of persecution. Anywho, I am looking forward to the next Book, Spirit(s) and I am hoping to see more Kyoshi and older Aang. Let's just hope they pace themselves this time.

Korra chibi
GoldenSun13
GoldenSun13
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Bubuzuke points : 1966
Armitage GUTS!!! : 613

http://wuzzupy13.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:59 pm

Again, I feel so bad that my attention span couldn't attach itself to The Legend of Aang back in the day. I have been watching it thanks to WolvenBane08's constant recommendation and while it's good (especially the episodes with Azula), my brain still treats it as a Korra prequel and that really isn't fair to the Aang's tale.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:36 pm

KORRA BOOK 2 PREMIERES TONIGHT AT 7PM!

I'VE WAITED YEARS FOR THIS! >:3 NOT COUNTING HOLIDAYS! TO ME, DAYS ARE YEARS!

If the first episode wants to destroy me right off the bat, have Korra and Asami talk. JUST TALK FOR CHRIST'S SAKE! Korra chibi 
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:07 am

bump 

Here are my thoughts on the premiere episode of The Legend of Korra Book 2. It's not really a review, rather my thoughts as I was watching the episode.

Spoiler:
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Thu Sep 26, 2013 6:13 pm

From the recent The Legend of Korra Facebook update
Join the KORRA NATION! [Legend of Korra/Avatar The Last Airbender Discussion Thread] - Page 4 60080810

XD Maybe it's too early to generalize this, but it would seem Bolin's role as comic relief will be pushed even further as Eska's loyal dog slave. My wishing for Bolin to get together with Asami (my emergency backup should KorrAsami never happen) seems to have backfired.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by GoldenSun13 Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:54 am

^ Although I am disappointed that Bo was kept as primarily a comic relief role, I do find his almost three way "relationship" with Korra's cousins to be hilarious.

(Minor Spoilers)
Watched all four episodes yesterday. Because I didn't keep my hopes up, I wasn't disappointed and enjoyed the majority of the storyline, especially Aang's children. Ikki, Tenzin and Blueberry... sparkle butt? were extremely heart warming.

Join the KORRA NATION! [Legend of Korra/Avatar The Last Airbender Discussion Thread] - Page 4 Tumblr_mtth2aREts1rpfi93o1_500

I can't help but to continue despising Mako with the heat of a thousand burning suns though. For him to equate breaking up with a woman to pulling of a blood sucking leach was just stupid. I know the writers wanted to create another metaphor to ripping the band aid off, but to me it just sounded like Mako saw Asami, the girl who saved him many times/gave him money/really liked him, as a life draining parasite. Not cool at all.
GoldenSun13
GoldenSun13
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Bubuzuke points : 1966
Armitage GUTS!!! : 613

http://wuzzupy13.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluholic711 Sat Oct 05, 2013 1:06 pm

Well, Yesterday's episode was quite an episode.
Lin Beifong is back to her charming self, Makorra broke up, and Korra gets eat up by a dark spirit.

Honestly, I think the break up scene was the my favorite part. I just wished it was Korra who dumped him rather than the other way around. Thank you Mako, you have some of my respect again.
Bluholic711
Bluholic711
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

Bubuzuke points : 4629
Armitage GUTS!!! : 626

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:05 pm

Join the KORRA NATION! [Legend of Korra/Avatar The Last Airbender Discussion Thread] - Page 4 Asami10

My sickness came in handy today, as strange as that sounds. I was able to catch up with the three episodes I missed because of work; Civil Wars, Part 1, Civil Wars, Part 2 and Peacekeepers. (Thank you Nick.com) Civil Wars was a fantastic two part-er thanks to adding drama between Korra and her family. Most notably her uncle Unalaq, who appears to be Book 2's main villain. In both Civil Wars episodes, there was an running theme of "family" running rampant. Aside from wedges being driven between Korra's family and Unalaq, we get a subplot with Tenzin searching for a runaway Ikki. When he finds her, she expresses the suckfest of having mean siblings. After Tenzin had a bit of argument with Kya and Bumi, he understands Ikki's case completely. Though she eventually understands that family is always there for each other in the end, so there's no point in running away. Fans may or may not see this as a time killer, but the whole subplot was touching and gave Tenzin something to do. Wink

Join the KORRA NATION! [Legend of Korra/Avatar The Last Airbender Discussion Thread] - Page 4 Korra_10

The action sequences are getting better every time I watch them in this series. The short encounter with Unalaq, Korra's run-in with Eska and Desna, and the short battle against the giant Spirit were phenomenal to watch. But like our very own show, Mai-HiME/Otome, you wish these fights were extended a few minutes rather than seconds. The latest episode, Peacekeepers had our crew return back to Republic City. I laughed my butt off with Bolin in this episode. He was Eska-less (for now...) so we got to see him do more than just be a lapdog. He even pointed out the absurdity of getting a "cheap pop" from the crowd. All you have to do is mention the fans and the city they're in and they'll cheer by default. I always hated that, especially in professional wrestling. What did bother me about the episode was Asami's involvement. Don't get me wrong, she was great with whatever material the producers can give her, but it feels like she's just standing the background a lot lately. Jeez, breaking up with Mako seems to demote character's worth in this series. On the bright side, we got to see Lin Beifong return with the absolute BEST quote in the series so far:

Join the KORRA NATION! [Legend of Korra/Avatar The Last Airbender Discussion Thread] - Page 4 Lin_be10

"You should of seen Air Temple Island after Tenzin broke up with me."

You're probably asking yourself, "why did she say that?" Well, my our prayers have been answered as Mako and Korra and no longer Mako and Korra. After intentionally blabbing about Korra's plan to ask the United Forces for support, the two break up.

Mako. What are you doing? WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING? You're such a by the books lackey that you felt obligated to squeal on the one person you claim to love and respect most in this crazy mixed up world? What good are you? I don't think even DiMartino and Konietzko know themselves, which is why, and I'm not sorry about my stubbornness about the subject, KorrAsami NEEDS to happen.

The episode ends with Korra racing to the Fire Nation, only to be rudely interrupted by her twin cousins. During the assault, a giant angry Spirit swallows Korra whole. O_O; So yeah, great episodes.

For you sake, I wouldn't click below. This is your last warning.
Spoiler:
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluholic711 Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:30 pm

Good to see you getting better.
Any thoughts on the break up, Luu-kun?
Were you expecting it or did it caught you off guard in a way?
Bluholic711
Bluholic711
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:33 pm

Bluholic711 wrote:Good to see you getting better.
Any thoughts on the break up, Luu-kun?
Were you expecting it or did it caught you off guard in a way?
It caught me off guard for sure, Blu. Only because it happened so early into Book 2. My reaction was pure joy and rapture as you're well aware. Mako fails to have any sort of principals when it comes to his relationship. In my life, love is more important than your work and even the money. When you choose being a tool over your girlfriend, who by the way is the Avatar, then you are one sad little person. As pathetic as Bolin is in his "relationship" with Eska, at least he treat women with respect.

Korra chibi 
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:41 pm

I have a new found respect for the Avatar franchise as a whole with it's latest two part episode (which in all fairness, should of been a motion picture), Beginnings Part 1 and part 2. It expanded the universe in a way our own Mai-Otome Sifr did. Before I talk a little about "Beginnings", I'm going to quickly leave some comments on the previous episode "The Sting":

Join the KORRA NATION! [Legend of Korra/Avatar The Last Airbender Discussion Thread] - Page 4 Lin10
Nobody can snarl like Chief Beifong.

Join the KORRA NATION! [Legend of Korra/Avatar The Last Airbender Discussion Thread] - Page 4 Bolin10
Movie star Bolin taking a...dippity-dip-dip...

Join the KORRA NATION! [Legend of Korra/Avatar The Last Airbender Discussion Thread] - Page 4 Asami10
What? You guys broke up?! Does that finally mean Korra is available~?

Join the KORRA NATION! [Legend of Korra/Avatar The Last Airbender Discussion Thread] - Page 4 Ginger10
Ginger is sooooooo good looking.

Join the KORRA NATION! [Legend of Korra/Avatar The Last Airbender Discussion Thread] - Page 4 Asami_10
Asami and Mako in an action scene that was heavily inspired by the motorboat chase from Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade.

Join the KORRA NATION! [Legend of Korra/Avatar The Last Airbender Discussion Thread] - Page 4 Asami_10
Korra sad 
Korra rasp 
Nuff said.

Join the KORRA NATION! [Legend of Korra/Avatar The Last Airbender Discussion Thread] - Page 4 Fire_n10
There you are, Korra!

^ So what exactly happens after this? Korra is taken to a Fire Healer who is told that Korra lost her memories. To remedy this, Korra is put into healing water (I guess?) where she meets the spirits of past Avatars. Starting with the very first Avatar, Wan. Truth be told, I cannot review this episode in rich detail because everything about Wan's story is magnificent. It answers many questions I've had about this series (seeing how I started with The Legend of Korra rather than The Last Airbender) The backstory is pretty simplistic on the surface, a poor boy gains power and uses it to take down the fat cats who keep all the food for themselves. Caught, Wan is forced to battle spirits. Thanks to his pure of heart, he befriends the animal spirits and masters his fire element. The cliche continues when helps the chaos spirit escape and dooms the entire planet. With heavy responsibility, he vows to take the chaos spirit down by learning every element from each of the lion turtle cities (LOL). Once he does, he brings balance to the world by sealing the chaos spirit. His life tragically ends with nothing changing, but if the world will continue being protected by good, then one day, perhaps, we will have everlasting peace.

Don't take my cliche claims as an insult to these episodes. While it is cliche, the way it was done was so wonderful and gorgeously animated. I wouldn't mind seeing The Legend of Wan series, though it was perfectly done in two episodes. The whole point was for Korra to remember and get a better idea of her position as the Avatar. This strengths HER character when you think about it. She stands for something greater than even her and I know she'll be the savior of the planet.

Korra chibi
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by LyriumEidolon Fri Nov 01, 2013 5:02 am

Just starting to get into Korra now, but since the introduction of the more powerful forms of Bending introduced in The Last Airbender, I've been really curious to see what the more powerful form of Air is. I mean, Water had Bloodbending, Earth Metalbending and Firebenders could create lightning. Really makes me wonder what the stronger Airbenders could create. Think that could become an interesting plot point later in Korra's series? Also, what could possibly be a form of superior Airbending?
LyriumEidolon
LyriumEidolon
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 331
Armitage GUTS!!! : 59

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Sat Nov 02, 2013 12:25 am

LyriumEidolon wrote:Just starting to get into Korra now, but since the introduction of the more powerful forms of Bending introduced in The Last Airbender, I've been really curious to see what the more powerful form of Air is. I mean, Water had Bloodbending, Earth Metalbending and Firebenders could create lightning. Really makes me wonder what the stronger Airbenders could create. Think that could become an interesting plot point later in Korra's series? Also, what could possibly be a form of superior Airbending?
Airbending hasn't really reached it's full potential. I'm sure they'll show us in the near future, especially after what we've seen in "Beginnings" Part 1 and part 2. Bending can reach new heights, depending on the Avatar and his or her will.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluholic711 Sat Nov 16, 2013 6:19 pm

Has anyone seen the two part episode yesterday?
Bluholic711
Bluholic711
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next