Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Noir Discussion Thread!

+5
sarcastic-dog
GoldenSun13
emochick
Kino karutta-chan
Luu Sky Sapphire
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Noir Discussion Thread! Empty Noir Discussion Thread!

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Sun May 02, 2010 8:47 pm

Noir Discussion Thread! Noir03

Noir.

It is the name of an ancient fate.

Two maidens who govern death.

The peace of the newly born, their black hands protect...

Noir is my 3rd favorite anime of all time. While the art isn't too ground breaking (although I love it) the story and characters are top quality. This 26 episode epic is about Mireille Bouquet. An assassin with a tragic past that starts to surface the day she learns of Kirika Yuumura. A girl with extraordinary skills and no memory of her past. Together, they are Noir. Hired every so often to kill the evil scum that plagues the world. Although certain targets deserved a second chance...you'll see what I mean.

When The (Les) Soldats enter the fray, things become a lot more complex. The more Noir gets involved with The Soldats, the more the past starts catching up. This series is mysterious, stylish, creative (Kirika can kill people with practically anything!) and has a powerful story. The music by Yuki Kajiura (who also did the soundtracks for Mai HiME and Madlax) makes Noir a beautiful and haunting experience. "Canta per Me" is my favorite song from the series. :D

My favorite character is Mireille, seeing how she's the most down to earth character in the series. Her relationship with Kirika is a very intriguing one (the spark of many yuri fans ^_- ) but Mireille's down to earth, no nonsense character drew me in.

Noir Discussion Thread! Noir_1_mireille36

:oops: My Corsican Princess knows how to handle herself.

So, fan of Noir? Seen it before? Share your fandom, images, and anything else here! :D

Last edited by Luu Sky Sapphire on Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Bubuzuke points : 42532
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2524

http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Noir Discussion Thread! Empty Re: Noir Discussion Thread!

Post by Kino karutta-chan Mon May 03, 2010 11:38 am

Luu wrote:While the art isn't too ground breaking (although I love it) the story and characters are top quality.

Oh, the art IS ground breaking, just look at the backgrounds ;P

Actually NOIR is my favourite anime next to Mai HiME ;D
One of the first GOOD animes I ever watched, we had the luck that it was sended on TV ;D

Besides from "Cante per me" I love "Secret Game" (;___; ), "In Memory Of You" (;__; ) and "Lullaby" (not the Japanese one ;P). (I said it before: I like sad music ;P) Oh, and Yuki Kajiura made MANY good OSTs, not only NOIR, Mai HiME, Madlax and Mai Otome (+Zwei). There are Kara no Kyoukai (<3), the .hack series, El Cazador de la Bruja, the Tsubasa Chronicle series and much more, too ;P (yeah, yeah, you just wanted to mention the real good ones, right?? ;P)

Mireille WAS my favourite character (when I watched it for the first times with 14 or so), but now it's Chloé. She is a really great character ^_^
Kino karutta-chan
Kino karutta-chan
Eyes Set to Kk-chan ö.ö
Eyes Set to Kk-chan ö.ö

Bubuzuke points : 7047
Armitage GUTS!!! : 1556

http://kinokarutta-chan.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by emochick Tue May 04, 2010 10:40 am

:( I cried when that girl died! I think it was the blonde girl, I'm not sure! I was going through somethings then! I felt as if I was the girl that died. I didnt follow the anime too much, but I liked it. When the girl's body was laid out on the thing, they were playing a song, I dont know the name of it but can remember some words. I'm a big dub fan so! I tink it was sorta like a harmony "No more pain, No memories and pain now you can stay with me" That's what it sounded like! It was an episode where two girls kissed, I think you saw the reflection of it in the water
emochick
emochick
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Bubuzuke points : 1512
Armitage GUTS!!! : 109

http://www.myspace.com/pop_and_rock

Back to top Go down

Post by Kino karutta-chan Tue May 04, 2010 4:03 pm

The girl who died was Chloé, the one with the purple hair :/ The song they played in this scene is "Secret Game" I think. And you are in right about two girls (Kirika the one with the short dark hair and Chloé) kissing ;D If you want to rewatch it, it's epi 25 ;D
Kino karutta-chan
Kino karutta-chan
Eyes Set to Kk-chan ö.ö
Eyes Set to Kk-chan ö.ö

Back to top Go down

Post by emochick Tue May 04, 2010 4:49 pm

Thanks hun! ^_^ :) ^_^
emochick
emochick
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Tue May 04, 2010 8:02 pm

Kino karutta-chan wrote:Oh, the art IS ground breaking, just look at the backgrounds ;P

;P Touche! The scenery is delightful, and I will show proof of that in the next post. Can't say the same for the character designs. They're great but not superb. Kinda like how I felt about Elfen Lied. Amazing story and characters, generic artwork. Not that I care, just look at characters like Mireille, Altena, Shaoli and Lady Silvana (aka the "Intoccabile"). All drawn with such majesty.

Kino karutta-chan wrote:Actually NOIR is my favourite anime next to Mai HiME ;D
One of the first GOOD animes I ever watched, we had the luck that it was sended on TV ;D

:) Cool! I saw Noir way before Mai HiME surfaced. It still remains at my #3 spot for it's characters, mystery and story. I still consider the early 2000s to be yet another golden age for anime. Aside HiME and Noir, I got Angelic Layer, Snow Fairy Sugar, Ultramaniac, Elfen Lied, Ai Yori Aoshi, and the list goes on. Some of the titles I've listed were manga in 1999. Nice to be given a chance to come to life for the new millennium! XD

Kino karutta-chan wrote:Besides from "Cante per me" I love "Secret Game" (;___; ), "In Memory Of You" (;__; ) and "Lullaby" (not the Japanese one ;P). (I said it before: I like sad music ;P) Oh, and Yuki Kajiura made MANY good OSTs, not only NOIR, Mai HiME, Madlax and Mai Otome (+Zwei). There are Kara no Kyoukai (<3), the .hack series, El Cazador de la Bruja, the Tsubasa Chronicle series and much more, too ;P (yeah, yeah, you just wanted to mention the real good ones, right?? ;P)

Rolling Eyes You caught me red handed. Razz "Secret Game" is so beautiful. T_T "Lullaby" (Altena-sama!!!) by Kaida Yuriko is one of my top favorites. Track 12 from Noir OST II "black is black" is another memorable masterpiece. Shaoli should of lived longer, that woman had an awesome theme song and killed people in creative fashion. I mean, poison nails!? Incense burner?! Damn you for wasting a character with so much potential, Chloe. Razz

Kino karutta-chan wrote:Mireille WAS my favourite character (when I watched it for the first times with 14 or so), but now it's Chloé. She is a really great character ^_^

^_^ Chloe is cool and her attire is the most appealing to me. Well, next to Altena anyway. Speaking of Altena, she's my 2nd favorite character. She's so calm, manipulative, and calculating. So different from every villain I've ever witnessed in the past.

Noir Discussion Thread! Altena

Then there's the iconic quote from the lady herself:

"If love can kill people, hatred can save them."
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by emochick Tue May 04, 2010 8:58 pm

Thanks for showing her Luu!

-tries to remember her-

It's been years so it's a bit fuzzy!
emochick
emochick
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Tue May 04, 2010 11:43 pm

emochick wrote:Thanks for showing her Luu!

-tries to remember her-

It's been years so it's a bit fuzzy!

lol That's not Chloe, that's Altena in the image. Here's Chloe:

Noir Discussion Thread! Noir_chloe

And a beautiful Chloe x Kirika fanart for your viewing pleasure!

Noir Discussion Thread! Lrg-160-kurokiri

Credit: Eli Steenput
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by emochick Wed May 05, 2010 9:43 am

Thanks Luu, you were talking about Chloe then posted the picture, so I just assumed that it was her, -rereads it- ohhh so you also talked about Altena too
emochick
emochick
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Back to top Go down

Noir Discussion Thread! Empty Noir - The Unsoled Story

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:42 pm

^_^ Time to revive the thread of my 3rd favorite anime of all time with the following:

Noir sock puppets?! XD Those silly peoples at the now dissolved ADVFilms. My next post will feature some of the production art from the series. Plus merchandise goodness. <3
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:34 pm

Starz Develops Live-Action Remake of Noir Action Anime

Evil Dead/Spartacus/Xena's Sam Raimi, Rob Tapert are producers of assassin project

The Hollywood Reporter magazine reports on Thursday that the American cable television network Starz is developing a live-action remake of the 2001 television anime series Noir. In the original anime, two female assassins come together to work on missions while they uncover their past and their connection with each other.

Sam Raimi (Spider-Man, The Evil Dead, Spartacus: Blood and Sand, Xena, Priest, Legend of the Seeker) and Rob Tapert (The Evil Dead, Spartacus: Blood and Sand, Xena, Legend of the Seeker) are executive producers for the project, while Stephen Lightfoot (Criminal Justice, House of Saddam) is serving as both the writer and an executive producer.

Screenwriter Ryoe Tsukimura (El Hazard - The Magnificent World, Shrine of the Morning Mist, UFO Ultramaiden Valkyrie) created the original concept for the anime, and Bee Train studio co-founder Koichi Mashimo directed the project. ADV Films released the anime in North America before the distributor shut down in 2009. FUNimation Entertainment confirmed just last week that it acquired the North American rights to the anime, and it plans to release the anime next year

This is a joke, right? 🇳🇴
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Kino karutta-chan Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:06 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:My next post will feature some of the production art from the series. Plus merchandise goodness. <3
Oh really, Luu, oh really?? XP

God, these socks were too funny ;_;

Anyway of course I don't want a Live-Action Remake -_- They always do it WRONG -_-
Kino karutta-chan
Kino karutta-chan
Eyes Set to Kk-chan ö.ö
Eyes Set to Kk-chan ö.ö

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:34 am

Kino karutta-chan wrote:Oh really, Luu, oh really?? XP

Haha, I can only promise one half for now. ;p Behold my some of my Noir merchandise (warning, bad photos are bad!):

Noir lunch box:

Noir Discussion Thread! 100_3156

Chibi Noir keychain featuring Mireille Bouquet, Kirika Yuumura, Chloe and Altena:

Noir Discussion Thread! 100_3159

Mireille Bouquet statuette:

Noir Discussion Thread! 100_3160

Noir yuri doujinshi:

Noir Discussion Thread! 100_3161
Noir Discussion Thread! 100_3164

Noir complete DVD set and mini DVD:

Noir Discussion Thread! 100_3167
Noir Discussion Thread! 100_3169

Kino karutta-chan wrote:Anyway of course I don't want a Live-Action Remake -_- They always do it WRONG -_-

I don't trust anyone who did Spiderman 3. So Sam worked on Xena too, big deal. He got lucky with that awesome show. If he gets someone who isn't worthy of playing Mireille or Altena, I'm going to be pissed. This isn't just some anime, it's Noir. One of the greatest anime series of all time. They screw this legend, then I commit sin after sin.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Kino karutta-chan Sat Nov 20, 2010 10:12 am

Thx, Luu, have a cookie now! : D
What is this "mini-DVD" btw.?? ö.ö

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:They screw this legend, then I commit sin after sin.
I would LOVE to see this when they really screw it up :twisted:
Kino karutta-chan
Kino karutta-chan
Eyes Set to Kk-chan ö.ö
Eyes Set to Kk-chan ö.ö

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:13 pm

Kino karutta-chan wrote:Thx, Luu, have a cookie now! : D
What is this "mini-DVD" btw.?? ö.ö

*nibbles on it* I wonder if German cookies are any different from ours. ;p

The mini-DVD is basically a sampler. An American company called "ADVFilms" (who dubbed Noir) released these mini-DVDs, which only had the first episode of whatever anime is featured on the disc. Noir, Azumanga Daioh, Super GALS, even Hello Kitty had a mini-DVD. O_O
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by GoldenSun13 Wed May 18, 2011 6:10 pm

When I was watching this for the first time I was thinking...This music sounds eerily familiar. Then it (wikipidia) hit me, it's by the same people who did the Mai series. Love the soundtrack :)

Stumbled across this anime about a year ago and have been hooked ever since. One day, I'm going to travel to America or Japan a fill a suitcase full of merch!
GoldenSun13
GoldenSun13
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Bubuzuke points : 1966
Armitage GUTS!!! : 613

http://wuzzupy13.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Wed May 18, 2011 11:32 pm

GoldenSun13 wrote:When I was watching this for the first time I was thinking...This music sounds eerily familiar. Then it (wikipidia) hit me, it's by the same people who did the Mai series. Love the soundtrack :)

Stumbled across this anime about a year ago and have been hooked ever since. One day, I'm going to travel to America or Japan a fill a suitcase full of merch!

Yuki Kajiura. <3 Gotta love her and her incredible soundtracks. I still feel her best work was on Noir. EVERY single track was perfect and fit the scene/character it represented.

Merchandise is limited for Noir sadly, but I hope you can be successful in finding some goodies. :3 Try Ebay, best place to start! nao let me guess Sunny, your favorite characters are either Chloe or Kirika? ;3
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by GoldenSun13 Thu May 19, 2011 3:22 am

To the ebay-mobile! Dun-dah-dah-dun!

Haha yep, my favourite character is Kirika. I kind of liked Chloe but I prefer the subtext relationship between Kirika and Mireille.
GoldenSun13
GoldenSun13
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Bubuzuke points : 1966
Armitage GUTS!!! : 613

http://wuzzupy13.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Thu May 19, 2011 1:14 pm

GoldenSun13 wrote:Haha yep, my favourite character is Kirika. I kind of liked Chloe but I prefer the subtext relationship between Kirika and Mireille.

LOL The subtext did make me imagine more than Chloe's blatant feelings for Kirika at the spring (yes, I'm refering to THE KISS). Mireille reading Kirika's heartwarming letter pretty much set that subtext relationship into higher gear, but it will always end in friendship canon-wise. ;_;
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by sarcastic-dog Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:13 am

I had the whole box back at home ...than lent it to some friend and never got it back. Though I still have the first OST CD.

Back then ...and even now...

It's a whole new level of strange when you see someone in an anime and hear your name being mentioned all the time. I swear I was a bit paranoid in the beginning of the series. (I was living alone back then...) aaaand I like how japanese people speak my name. ^^ XD

I didn't have a favourite that much ...characterwise I would say it to be Chloe...plus her theme on the OST is just to die for. ^^
sarcastic-dog
sarcastic-dog
Fuuka Academy Student
Fuuka Academy Student

Bubuzuke points : 162
Armitage GUTS!!! : 71

http://sarcastic-dog.livejournal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SulliMike23 Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:32 am

While I have not seen the whole anime, I find the whole concept of it intriguing. I suppose that's what drew me to this one fanfic called "Black Hands of NERV", which is a crossover/fusion of Neon Genesis Evangelion and Noir. Conspiracy, religious terminology, YURI, everything about it just drew me in. That, and I love watching girls wielding guns and kicking ass!
SulliMike23
SulliMike23
Coral student
Coral student

Bubuzuke points : 959
Armitage GUTS!!! : 281

Back to top Go down

Post by ATHENAx514 Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:59 pm

SulliMike23 wrote:That, and I love watching girls wielding guns and kicking ass!

now thats what im talking about!
I also have not finished the anime but as a request to share my opinion Ive decided I will.
Favorite character: Mireille. shes just hot she may not be as skilled as the real noir but idc shes my favorite.
favorite Quote: "I said go home" "and I said no"
Favorite episode: 14 (so far since im not finished) that episode was just so powerful to me.
I thought the characters were great and the music was amazing. the storyline seemed kinda blah at first but then I hooked when the fighting started in episode 1.
as for yuriness its not the highest rated on my list but its good enough :)
ATHENAx514
ATHENAx514
Fuuka Academy Student
Fuuka Academy Student

Bubuzuke points : 140
Armitage GUTS!!! : 60

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Sat May 12, 2012 10:36 am

ATHENAx514 wrote:now thats what im talking about!
I also have not finished the anime but as a request to share my opinion Ive decided I will.
Favorite character: Mireille. shes just hot she may not be as skilled as the real noir but idc shes my favorite.

To be honest, her and Kirika are the stronger pair. Chloe thought she was the True Noir, believing her title was some kind of prophecy. Altena lied, as always and sorta knew that Mireille and Kirika would end up together to the bitter end.

ATHENAx514 wrote:as for yuriness its not the highest rated on my list but its good enough :)

XD The yuri subtext is quite vague in Noir, almost non-existent. You only got to see it between Kirika and Chloe, Mireille x Kirika feels more like a friendship. Bee Train made the yuri stronger in their next two series, Madlax and El Cazador de la Bruja.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Mon May 21, 2012 9:13 pm

bump

Pointless bump, but...

Noir Discussion Thread! Mireillefull

Mireille Bouquet is smokin' hot in that bikini. <3 The Corsican Princess can get it anytime.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:56 pm

bump

Noir Discussion Thread! A28de210

^ This beautiful Mireille Bouquet x Kirika Yuumura fanart by deviantART's lenoirvrai is one of the best Noir fanarts in a very long time! <333
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next