Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In Defense of Tate Yuuichi [Mai-HiME anime]

+11
mandygirl78
Defiant
Ice Silver Crystal
Highman
Kyubey Mittens
MissSoccerNinja
GAP
Chaglette
hildebrant
Sergay Tate
Luu Sky Sapphire
15 posters

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

In Defense of Tate Yuuichi [Mai-HiME anime] - Page 3 Empty Re: In Defense of Tate Yuuichi [Mai-HiME anime]

Post by hildebrant Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:27 am

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
hildebrant wrote:Morbid as this may sound its probably my favorite scene in the whole series. To see Yuuichi face his death like a man and to see Mai shout and cry for him to hear how she feels about him is both heartbreaking and touching. The true stake in the heart comes when we see Mai lean down to kiss Yuuichi, only for him to vanish in a burst of green lights and see Mai walk off and scream to the heavens at Yuuichi's death. Powerful and painful all at the same time. Sorry for the long narration but its a scene I usually gush over. Thanks again Luu

It was a hard scene to watch for me when Mai broke down. Elbowing Natsuki away, her legs collapsing and just laid there like a dead corpse, you could feel her pain. I rarely cry during anime, but my eyes did water at that moment for Mai. She was utterly destroyed by Yuuichi's death and the only thing on my mind was choking the shit out of Reito and Nagi. XD Seven years later I've grown to think it was a brilliant villain move for Reito to add that "I hoped Tate would of suffered a more embarrassing death", but the entire TatexMai scene remains powerful now as it did back in 2005.

You're welcome, hildebrant. Anything for you and anyone who loves this series.

It's a scene I tend to get misty eyed over as well. Feeling a lump build up in my throat anytime I see it. I'm with you on that kick the dog line from Reito when he hoped for a much more humiliating death from Yuuichi. I've actually learned from Miss Soccer Ninja that it was good in that Yuuichi's death was still admirable and not a pitiful one so even the big bad complimented him on it and yes the TatexMai scene is one of my favorites and why I love the scene so much

hildebrant
hildebrant
Coral student
Coral student

Bubuzuke points : 888
Armitage GUTS!!! : 233

Back to top Go down

In Defense of Tate Yuuichi [Mai-HiME anime] - Page 3 Empty Re: In Defense of Tate Yuuichi [Mai-HiME anime]

Post by Sergay Tate Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:04 am

hildebrant wrote:
Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
hildebrant wrote:Morbid as this may sound its probably my favorite scene in the whole series. To see Yuuichi face his death like a man and to see Mai shout and cry for him to hear how she feels about him is both heartbreaking and touching. The true stake in the heart comes when we see Mai lean down to kiss Yuuichi, only for him to vanish in a burst of green lights and see Mai walk off and scream to the heavens at Yuuichi's death. Powerful and painful all at the same time. Sorry for the long narration but its a scene I usually gush over. Thanks again Luu

It was a hard scene to watch for me when Mai broke down. Elbowing Natsuki away, her legs collapsing and just laid there like a dead corpse, you could feel her pain. I rarely cry during anime, but my eyes did water at that moment for Mai. She was utterly destroyed by Yuuichi's death and the only thing on my mind was choking the shit out of Reito and Nagi. XD Seven years later I've grown to think it was a brilliant villain move for Reito to add that "I hoped Tate would of suffered a more embarrassing death", but the entire TatexMai scene remains powerful now as it did back in 2005.

You're welcome, hildebrant. Anything for you and anyone who loves this series.

It's a scene I tend to get misty eyed over as well. Feeling a lump build up in my throat anytime I see it. I'm with you on that kick the dog line from Reito when he hoped for a much more humiliating death from Yuuichi. I've actually learned from Miss Soccer Ninja that it was good in that Yuuichi's death was still admirable and not a pitiful one so even the big bad complimented him on it and yes the TatexMai scene is one of my favorites and why I love the scene so much

i agree with everything that's been said here. and i also get a bit watery eyed at it, and i very very very rarely cry over anything. it's a powerful scene.
Sergay Tate
Sergay Tate
Cat Goddess
Cat Goddess

Bubuzuke points : 5920
Armitage GUTS!!! : 724

Back to top Go down

Post by Ice Silver Crystal Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:13 am

When mai-san say she has so much to say, yuuichi-san can't hear her anymore. that is so sad for me. '.'
Ice Silver Crystal
Ice Silver Crystal
Kruger Wolf Pack Puppy
Kruger Wolf Pack Puppy

Bubuzuke points : 1340
Armitage GUTS!!! : 485

Back to top Go down

Post by Defiant Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:27 am

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
bump

Hey guys! Finally got the chance to put together the scene of Tate's death scene and the entire Mai vs. Shiho battle leading up to it. I was going to add it to ookamidesu's Shiho thread, but I don't wanna double post it, so here it is for your viewing pleasure:

Mai Tokiha confronts Shiho for the final time [Japanese version]

Shiho reveals herself to be the mysterious flute-playing HiME and attacks Mai.Tate arrives at the scene (even Natsuki Kuga shows up) to stop Mai and Shiho from hurting one another.

Powerful moment in the entire Mai-HiME anime series.

"Love is a Battle"
"Koi wa Tatakai" (コイ·ハ·タタカイ)

English version:

Definitely one of the best "death" scenes in anime. It was sad and touching...the duel itself was lose-lose scenario...
Defiant
Defiant
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 348
Armitage GUTS!!! : 83

http://www.postavy.cz

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:56 am

There is a portion of the Mai-HiME fanbase that believes everyone who turned to green sparkles should of stayed dead for more intense realism. While that would of made the Carnival feel more powerful, I prefer happy endings. When Mashiro revived everyone, it was just as emotional as when each MIP fell.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Bubuzuke points : 42532
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2524

http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Defiant Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:05 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:There is a portion of the Mai-HiME fanbase that believes everyone who turned to green sparkles should of stayed dead for more intense realism. While that would of made the Carnival feel more powerful, I prefer happy endings. When Mashiro revived everyone, it was just as emotional as when each MIP fell.

That really depends on preferences...the storyline would be much more stronger(or strongly emotianaly highlighted) in my opinion, but it is human nature to hope for the happy endings (which unfortunately in real life are not likely to come) and empathy with those characters is kind of thing that prevents me to said that I would not like to see happy ending. I mean in every anime I watch and like, I hope for the best outcome, although some animes are that great because they show that life isn´t always a walk through a pink garden(is it even a phrase in English? I mean it is used in Czech...) ... for me I could say that Mai-Hime is my Jang to my great anime love - Neon Genesis Evangelion which kinda ends pretty darkly/weirdly.

Spoiler:
Defiant
Defiant
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Post by hildebrant Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:15 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:There is a portion of the Mai-HiME fanbase that believes everyone who turned to green sparkles should of stayed dead for more intense realism. While that would of made the Carnival feel more powerful, I prefer happy endings. When Mashiro revived everyone, it was just as emotional as when each MIP fell.

I kind of know where there coming from if only to see where Mai's state of mind would be if she had beaten the obsidian lord and everyone she knew was gone and dead, its just something that would make for a good what if scenario, but the fanboy in me jumps for joy when we see Yuuichi slide in wielding Miyu's sword and clash with Reito so I tend to let it go just by watching that scene alone to make me forget it and root for the two I love together the most in this series
hildebrant
hildebrant
Coral student
Coral student

Back to top Go down

Post by Sergay Tate Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:13 am

hildebrant wrote:

I kind of know where there coming from if only to see where Mai's state of mind would be if she had beaten the obsidian lord and everyone she knew was gone and dead, its just something that would make for a good what if scenario, but the fanboy in me jumps for joy when we see Yuuichi slide in wielding Miyu's sword and clash with Reito so I tend to let it go just by watching that scene alone to make me forget it and root for the two I love together the most in this series

^ this, haha. it seems i agree with alot of stuff hildebrant says :)
Sergay Tate
Sergay Tate
Cat Goddess
Cat Goddess

Back to top Go down

Post by hildebrant Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:36 pm

Sergay Tate wrote:
hildebrant wrote:

Hey man great minds think alike

hildebrant
hildebrant
Coral student
Coral student

Back to top Go down

Post by Sergay Tate Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:38 pm

hildebrant wrote:
Sergay Tate wrote:
hildebrant wrote:

Hey man great minds think alike

damn right! *internet high five*
Sergay Tate
Sergay Tate
Cat Goddess
Cat Goddess

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:13 am

Defiant wrote:That really depends on preferences...the storyline would be much more stronger(or strongly emotianaly highlighted) in my opinion, but it is human nature to hope for the happy endings (which unfortunately in real life are not likely to come) and empathy with those characters is kind of thing that prevents me to said that I would not like to see happy ending. I mean in every anime I watch and like, I hope for the best outcome, although some animes are that great because they show that life isn´t always a walk through a pink garden(is it even a phrase in English? I mean it is used in Czech...) ... for me I could say that Mai-Hime is my Jang to my great anime love - Neon Genesis Evangelion which kinda ends pretty darkly/weirdly.

I believe we got that ending in Mai-HiME EXA, the latest manga series where nobody was magically revived after death. EXA is the series that is considered a retelling of the anime, with results everybody wanted. >:3 Shizuru beating Midori EASILY? Sorry, can't accept that.

It does depend on preferences or the anime series I'm watching. You mention Evangelion where I'm not expecting a happy ending. ^^; When I first saw Eva back in the 90s, what immediately crossed my mind was "Gee, the stressed hard with this Angel and it's not even one of the stronger ones. NERV can't do this forever, especially with the more intense battles happening within the ranks of the kids. Especially Shinji, who's always at war with himself.

Mai Tokiha, Shizuru Fujino...practically everyone was at war with themselves in Mai-HiME's Carnival arc. Once the announcement was issued, by Nagi, that the festival involved defeating each other's Child, I knew the monster-of-the-day era as the HiME Rangers wasn't going to happen. The stakes were higher for the girls with no option to turn back.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by hildebrant Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:23 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
Defiant wrote:That really depends on preferences...the storyline would be much more stronger(or strongly emotianaly highlighted) in my opinion, but it is human nature to hope for the happy endings (which unfortunately in real life are not likely to come) and empathy with those characters is kind of thing that prevents me to said that I would not like to see happy ending. I mean in every anime I watch and like, I hope for the best outcome, although some animes are that great because they show that life isn´t always a walk through a pink garden(is it even a phrase in English? I mean it is used in Czech...) ... for me I could say that Mai-Hime is my Jang to my great anime love - Neon Genesis Evangelion which kinda ends pretty darkly/weirdly.

I believe we got that ending in Mai-HiME EXA, the latest manga series where nobody was magically revived after death. EXA is the series that is considered a retelling of the anime, with results everybody wanted. >:3 Shizuru beating Midori EASILY? Sorry, can't accept that.

It does depend on preferences or the anime series I'm watching. You mention Evangelion where I'm not expecting a happy ending. ^^; When I first saw Eva back in the 90s, what immediately crossed my mind was "Gee, the stressed hard with this Angel and it's not even one of the stronger ones. NERV can't do this forever, especially with the more intense battles happening within the ranks of the kids. Especially Shinji, who's always at war with himself.

Mai Tokiha, Shizuru Fujino...practically everyone was at war with themselves in Mai-HiME's Carnival arc. Once the announcement was issued, by Nagi, that the festival involved defeating each other's Child, I knew the monster-of-the-day era as the HiME Rangers wasn't going to happen. The stakes were higher for the girls with no option to turn back.

Something tells me its a good thing I never invested my time into the EXA manga, just a hunch.

Now, you want to go on about bad anime endings where almost NOBODY survives. Yeah go ahead and mention EVA but be specific because the tv series was burdened by a lacking budget and the fact that, the ending at least for me did come off as heartwarming the way Shinji finally was able to respect himself and learn to appreciate himself in the end and even got a round of applause from everyone.
Now the movie, END OF EVANGELION, there's your downer ending folks. Anno loved the ending of the tv series but the fans got ticked off, sent him death threats over it and Anno in response, gave us the most depressing giant robot anime ending this side of Galaxy Runaway Ideon, that is a depressing ending for another story though.
Now with that out of the way I'm gonna go on with ANOTHER REALLY BAD ending. Berserk, the first animes ending. Now I dunno how many of you on this page are fans of the series or have seen it but, lemme tell you something about the anime's first ending. ITS BAD and it ends at the WORST possible time. So I'll leave it at that unless everyone is ready for spoilers

Yeah, Nagi stepped in and the monster of the week scenario stopped, and then, There could be, Only One. The battles turned towards killing one another, and there were casualties, and it hurt to see them die. Unlike EOE and Berserk though, HiME at least let us have a happy ending and see those we loved come back and have another shot at a life that they've all wanted. alive, happy, and in the arms of the ones they love

hildebrant
hildebrant
Coral student
Coral student

Back to top Go down

Post by Defiant Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:36 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
hildebrant wrote:
Something tells me its a good thing I never invested my time into the EXA manga, just a hunch.
Yea, EXA wasn´t my cup of tea either...
Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
Well, the SEELE council was actually prepared pretty well - they had the Dead sea scrolls from which they got basically loads of tactical data on Angels and later they have got the automatic-EVA-series with regeneration. Problem was that SEELE never intended to let anyone from NERV to survive...
hildebrant wrote:
Now, you want to go on about bad anime endings where almost NOBODY survives. Yeah go ahead and mention EVA but be specific because the tv series was burdened by a lacking budget and the fact that, the ending at least for me did come off as heartwarming the way Shinji finally was able to respect himself and learn to appreciate himself in the end and even got a round of applause from everyone.
Now the movie, END OF EVANGELION, there's your downer ending folks. Anno loved the ending of the tv series but the fans got ticked off, sent him death threats over it and Anno in response, gave us the most depressing giant robot anime ending this side of Galaxy Runaway Ideon, that is a depressing ending for another story though.

Now with that out of the way I'm gonna go on with ANOTHER REALLY BAD ending. Berserk, the first animes ending. Now I dunno how many of you on this page are fans of the series or have seen it but, lemme tell you something about the anime's first ending. ITS BAD and it ends at the WORST possible time. So I'll leave it at that unless everyone is ready for spoilers

Actually the TV series although it is not shown (only few pic in "crazy skethes" from which alone you have no idea what is actually going on) had the same series of events except the fact that Shinji decided to accept Instrumentality and in movie(s) he doesn´t.
Actually the manga is even more darker and more tragic, for example Toji Suzuhara (who in Japanese is voiced by Tomokazu Seki, same guy that voiced Yuichi :]) who got to pilot Unit 03(which turned into Bardiel) is actually killed when 01 controlled by "autopilot" crushes the "life-pod"; the manga also shows many details and even maps characters more. It is a shame it is not finished till date...but thats because of Rebuild so...

Yea, I expect Rebuild to have an ultra happy ending (well Rei-02 got bigger chances now that 00 is completely eaten).

As for Berserk, I am familiar (although I have never seen it) with the anime since webmaster and several admins on our pages have seen it and made kinda page-community around it.

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
hildebrant wrote:
Yeah, Nagi stepped in and the monster of the week scenario stopped, and then, There could be, Only One. The battles turned towards killing one another, and there were casualties, and it hurt to see them die. Unlike EOE and Berserk though, HiME at least let us have a happy ending and see those we loved come back and have another shot at a life that they've all wanted. alive, happy, and in the arms of the ones they love
At that moment I was a bit surprised but still not convinced it is actually gonna happen, you know many tv shows are going with as my n.2 Star Trek captain would say: "I don´t believe in No-win scenarios."
Defiant
Defiant
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Post by hildebrant Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:54 pm

Defiant wrote:
Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
hildebrant wrote:
Yea, EXA wasn´t my cup of tea either...
Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
Well, the SEELE council was actually prepared pretty well - they had the Dead sea scrolls from which they got basically loads of tactical data on Angels and later they have got the automatic-EVA-series with regeneration. Problem was that SEELE never intended to let anyone from NERV to survive...
hildebrant wrote:

Actually the TV series although it is not shown (only few pic in "crazy skethes" from which alone you have no idea what is actually going on) had the same series of events except the fact that Shinji decided to accept Instrumentality and in movie(s) he doesn´t.
Actually the manga is even more darker and more tragic, for example Toji Suzuhara (who in Japanese is voiced by Tomokazu Seki, same guy that voiced Yuichi :]) who got to pilot Unit 03(which turned into Bardiel) is actually killed when 01 controlled by "autopilot" crushes the "life-pod"; the manga also shows many details and even maps characters more. It is a shame it is not finished till date...but thats because of Rebuild so...

Yea, I expect Rebuild to have an ultra happy ending (well Rei-02 got bigger chances now that 00 is completely eaten).

As for Berserk, I am familiar (although I have never seen it) with the anime since webmaster and several admins on our pages have seen it and made kinda page-community around it.

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
hildebrant wrote:
At that moment I was a bit surprised but still not convinced it is actually gonna happen, you know many tv shows are going with as my n.2 Star Trek captain would say: "I don´t believe in No-win scenarios."

I'll just stick with the HiME manga and leave it at that. Yeah SEELE, the old man with all the answers. Probably stockpiled NERV with all the gear so they knew what it took to take them down, as Misato lampshades, their weapons were made to fight Angels not people, meaning the JSDF had it pretty easy taking down unprepared security guards and tech support and armed turrets made to fight against Eldritch Abominations.

Oh I'm very familiar with the EVA manga, and how I'll probably have grandkids before its ever finished but, yeah I remember Touji dieing in it during the Unit 03 debacle, probably a much easier way out as opposed to being mentally fried and left with an arm and a leg lost due to being in an EVA when it got ripped to pieces. Rebuild has been muuuuch nicer to Touji with his sister recovering and Touji not being in the EVA for that horrible incident. Yeah I forgot that Tomokazu Seki voiced Touji as well. I usually associate him with Yuuichi and Van from Escaflowne, probably my favorite Sunrise series.

Rebuild 2.22 is my dvd of the year and the final battle with Shinji fighting Zeruel and basically tearing apart reality to get back Rei, is something that will be hard to top for me basically gushing and squeeing over like a fanboy, though the Berserk movie due out in January is doing a pretty good job.

Yeah no one saw it coming with all the characters surviving and being revived but, I've just got this to say: "I'm not complaining and I'm leaving it at that"

hildebrant
hildebrant
Coral student
Coral student

Back to top Go down

Post by Defiant Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:29 pm

hildebrant wrote:
I'll just stick with the HiME manga and leave it at that. Yeah SEELE, the old man with all the answers. Probably stockpiled NERV with all the gear so they knew what it took to take them down, as Misato lampshades, their weapons were made to fight Angels not people, meaning the JSDF had it pretty easy taking down unprepared security guards and tech support and armed turrets made to fight against Eldritch Abominations.
Well they got easy job since NERV main force was so cripled, but I think SEELE wasn´t reliing on JSFD that much, serial-EVA did the main job - wiping out 02 and its pilot.
hildebrant wrote:
Oh I'm very familiar with the EVA manga, and how I'll probably have grandkids before its ever finished but, yeah I remember Touji dieing in it during the Unit 03 debacle, probably a much easier way out as opposed to being mentally fried and left with an arm and a leg lost due to being in an EVA when it got ripped to pieces. Rebuild has been muuuuch nicer to Touji with his sister recovering and Touji not being in the EVA for that horrible incident. Yeah I forgot that Tomokazu Seki voiced Touji as well. I usually associate him with Yuuichi and Van from Escaflowne, probably my favorite Sunrise series.
Well, except for Eva voices, I usualy identifie only one voice with 100% acuracy...and that is Akira Ishida(Nagi/Kaworu).

hildebrant wrote:
Rebuild 2.22 is my dvd of the year and the final battle with Shinji fighting Zeruel and basically tearing apart reality to get back Rei, is something that will be hard to top for me basically gushing and squeeing over like a fanboy, though the Berserk movie due out in January is doing a pretty good job.
I had to download 2.22 in 1080p, I just had to...and I knew it ever since I saw kinorip(which was on net like the other day after premiere but I had to wait half a year for any english subs) :)
Yea, now Shinji has ton of time alone with Rei in the cocpit as shapless fluid...I so envy that guy :D
No with all seriousness, I love they made this kind of scene in the Evangelion.
hildebrant wrote:
Yeah no one saw it coming with all the characters surviving and being revived but, I've just got this to say: "I'm not complaining and I'm leaving it at that"

Who would complain after Yuichi´s sword duel? :D
Defiant
Defiant
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Post by hildebrant Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:45 pm

Defiant wrote:
hildebrant wrote:
Well they got easy job since NERV main force was so cripled, but I think SEELE wasn´t reliing on JSFD that much, serial-EVA did the main job - wiping out 02 and its pilot.
hildebrant wrote:
Well, except for Eva voices, I usualy identifie only one voice with 100% acuracy...and that is Akira Ishida(Nagi/Kaworu).

hildebrant wrote:
I had to download 2.22 in 1080p, I just had to...and I knew it ever since I saw kinorip(which was on net like the other day after premiere but I had to wait half a year for any english subs) :)
Yea, now Shinji has ton of time alone with Rei in the cocpit as shapless fluid...I so envy that guy :D
No with all seriousness, I love they made this kind of scene in the Evangelion.
hildebrant wrote:

Who would complain after Yuichi´s sword duel? :D

No they weren't relying on the JSDF, they just had them go to work to make sure, and in turn it came off as a bunch of highly trained killers taking out untrained civilians, but yeah, the Harpies. Just when you think Asuka was going to finally become the pilot she had always wanted to be and gained her mother's trust and love, they yanked her chain back and she got hurt bad. The scene of her getting impaled over and over and over again by the lances, and then we see the bits and pieces of her EVA in the teeth of the MP EVA's, not something you want to see on a movie screen at 3 in the morning like I did

Funny you mentioned Akira Ishida because he was in Berserk as well, the tv series. he voiced Judeau, the one lone legit nice guy in the whole series of Berserk. His death was practically as bad as Kaworu's death as well

Hey the first time I saw 2.22 was at a small anime con on a friend's computer, and what I saw was more or less a video of someone who took a camcorder into the theatre where it was playing, taped it and put it up on a torrent. So I may not have seen everything as clearly as the dvd but what I saw was beautiful.
Yes Shinji, tearing apart Zeruel and nearly killing himself just trying to rescue Rei and telling her that she matters to him and having his skin seemingly burn off in an attempt to rescue her and succeeding and telling her that being with her at that moment within Unit 01 was all he needed right then, on top of the giant red LCL smiling as she becomes one with Unit 01, just a beautiful scene that always makes me smile. The song that plays in the background doesn't hurt either.

I'm certainly not complaining about the sword duel, or Yuuichi shouting to the heavens that he loves Mai and that he'll do anything to protect her no matter who he's going up against. That's how you protect the woman you love and tell her and the world your feelings for her

hildebrant
hildebrant
Coral student
Coral student

Back to top Go down

Post by Defiant Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:16 am

hildebrant wrote:
No they weren't relying on the JSDF, they just had them go to work to make sure, and in turn it came off as a bunch of highly trained killers taking out untrained civilians, but yeah, the Harpies. Just when you think Asuka was going to finally become the pilot she had always wanted to be and gained her mother's trust and love, they yanked her chain back and she got hurt bad. The scene of her getting impaled over and over and over again by the lances, and then we see the bits and pieces of her EVA in the teeth of the MP EVA's, not something you want to see on a movie screen at 3 in the morning like I did

Funny you mentioned Akira Ishida because he was in Berserk as well, the tv series. he voiced Judeau, the one lone legit nice guy in the whole series of Berserk. His death was practically as bad as Kaworu's death as well

Hey the first time I saw 2.22 was at a small anime con on a friend's computer, and what I saw was more or less a video of someone who took a camcorder into the theatre where it was playing, taped it and put it up on a torrent. So I may not have seen everything as clearly as the dvd but what I saw was beautiful.
Yes Shinji, tearing apart Zeruel and nearly killing himself just trying to rescue Rei and telling her that she matters to him and having his skin seemingly burn off in an attempt to rescue her and succeeding and telling her that being with her at that moment within Unit 01 was all he needed right then, on top of the giant red LCL smiling as she becomes one with Unit 01, just a beautiful scene that always makes me smile. The song that plays in the background doesn't hurt either.

I'm certainly not complaining about the sword duel, or Yuuichi shouting to the heavens that he loves Mai and that he'll do anything to protect her no matter who he's going up against. That's how you protect the woman you love and tell her and the world your feelings for her

Yea, SEELE is kinda behind the scenes-pulling-strings-bad-guy type of villains which themselfs do nothing, yet the world is spining around them. I usualy love these types but in EVA there is no other way but just to hate them.

Asuka always got it tough and she probably had "the biggest willpower" to be EVA pilot. I feel sad for her even in Rebuild because she got the beating from 01-autopilot insted of Toji (and in Q she got any ayepatch) and her beloved 02 is smashed by Zeruel as well (probably Angel with the best score - 00, 02 and 01 arm).

Yup, that battlescene with all in it is my favorite moment from Rebuild, I was just surprised when the end subtitles came up...I was like: "Thats end? I will have to waith another two freakin year before another movie, ahhhhh." luckily they put the after scene, but still after every anime series that I like and has no direct continuation I feel extremely depressed. (No idea what I will do when Naruto comes to an end, but thats probably not gonna happen in this milenia, so it is fine :D).

To the last paragraph I would like a special "thumbs up" button for that:)
Defiant
Defiant
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Post by hildebrant Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:50 am

Defiant wrote:
hildebrant wrote:

Yea, SEELE is kinda behind the scenes-pulling-strings-bad-guy type of villains which themselfs do nothing, yet the world is spining around them. I usualy love these types but in EVA there is no other way but just to hate them.

Asuka always got it tough and she probably had "the biggest willpower" to be EVA pilot. I feel sad for her even in Rebuild because she got the beating from 01-autopilot insted of Toji (and in Q she got any ayepatch) and her beloved 02 is smashed by Zeruel as well (probably Angel with the best score - 00, 02 and 01 arm).

Yup, that battlescene with all in it is my favorite moment from Rebuild, I was just surprised when the end subtitles came up...I was like: "Thats end? I will have to waith another two freakin year before another movie, ahhhhh." luckily they put the after scene, but still after every anime series that I like and has no direct continuation I feel extremely depressed. (No idea what I will do when Naruto comes to an end, but thats probably not gonna happen in this milenia, so it is fine :D).

To the last paragraph I would like a special "thumbs up" button for that:)

Yeah its easy to hate SEELE due to them willingly wanting to kill off all known life on earth simply so they can get what they want. Gendou can at least somewhat be given a sympathy pass by doing everything to be with Yui again, but SEELE did everything out of their own selfishness and greed.

Yeah Asuka was probably the only one of the trio who was so gung ho about being a pilot considering how Shinji didn't want to and Rei had nothing else in her life but piloting and Asuka wanted nothing but to be a pilot. Yeah Zeruel, no matter what version of EVA this is that thing will always be the wrecking ball of the Angels. tore apart NERV and its defenses like they were nothing, I almost want to believe that it was one of the reasons why SEELE and the JSDF had such an easy time taking NERV apart the way they did.

Yeah I'm with you on the wait nearly killing me for Q Quickening, along with the worry and fear that all the build up and character and relationship development that went into getting Shinji and Rei where they are is going to be undone. Years and Years of seeing Shinji only wind up with Asuka in many different forms of media, this is finally a Shinji/Rei fan's true Holy Grail, which I am of course.
Know what you mean about Naruto but it actually seems to be winding down, course I thought that during the Pein arc too when it wound down, and look at what happened.
I also thought that Bleach could have and should have ended when the Aizen arc finally came to a merciful end, but they found some way to revive it and start up a new arc with new characters.

I too would appreciate seeing that thumbs up icon for it and glad you agree

hildebrant
hildebrant
Coral student
Coral student

Back to top Go down

Post by Defiant Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:19 am

hildebrant wrote:

Yeah its easy to hate SEELE due to them willingly wanting to kill off all known life on earth simply so they can get what they want. Gendou can at least somewhat be given a sympathy pass by doing everything to be with Yui again, but SEELE did everything out of their own selfishness and greed.

Yeah Asuka was probably the only one of the trio who was so gung ho about being a pilot considering how Shinji didn't want to and Rei had nothing else in her life but piloting and Asuka wanted nothing but to be a pilot. Yeah Zeruel, no matter what version of EVA this is that thing will always be the wrecking ball of the Angels. tore apart NERV and its defenses like they were nothing, I almost want to believe that it was one of the reasons why SEELE and the JSDF had such an easy time taking NERV apart the way they did.

Yeah I'm with you on the wait nearly killing me for Q Quickening, along with the worry and fear that all the build up and character and relationship development that went into getting Shinji and Rei where they are is going to be undone. Years and Years of seeing Shinji only wind up with Asuka in many different forms of media, this is finally a Shinji/Rei fan's true Holy Grail, which I am of course.
Know what you mean about Naruto but it actually seems to be winding down, course I thought that during the Pein arc too when it wound down, and look at what happened.
I also thought that Bleach could have and should have ended when the Aizen arc finally came to a merciful end, but they found some way to revive it and start up a new arc with new characters.

I too would appreciate seeing that thumbs up icon for it and glad you agree

Well, the SELEE ultimate goal was instrumentality, they didn´t care about who won´t live to become giant ocean of living fluid. But usually I like background types of villain because they usually outsmart the good guys, in EVA they just outgunned them...

JSFD and rest of the world bombed Geofront with thousands of N2 mines, so I think Nerv HQ was pretty tough job since it hold against so many shockwaves.

The mainly reason that their relationship freezed in the series and manga is because Rei-02 died when selfdestructing 00 to safe Shinji from Armisael, the third Rei...it just wasn´t the same Rei and when I first realised it I was really sad. I think that Rei/Shinji pairing is more common within NGE comunity, I mean there is one manga when Shinji chose Asuka over Rei, but the story is a lot different that original NGE. But with 00 completely wipeout I got high hopes for 2nd Rei survival, I just hope they really do alternative ending.
If there weren´t for Rei, I would be a fan of Asuka/Shinji, you know it took me a while but I grown to like Asuka, even though she treats Shinji as crap sometimes.

Well, Naruto manga has what I call quality waves - for seemigly long time, you have this training arc or new character that you don´t care about origin; then sudenly some good duel comes up or your fav character gots a shot. Naruto anime is killed by fillers...literaly, it is usally the same story all over again, except with new other character that you will never see outside that particular filler arc. But they made me belive they can do filler with normal-story episode quality - The girls get together, probably best filler in whole Shippuden.

Well there is this plus/minus icon on the right side Wink
Defiant
Defiant
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Post by MissSoccerNinja Thu Nov 24, 2011 12:16 am

Wow, so much deep subject matter! =] I'm sorry to have been away for so long...

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:Shizuru beating Midori EASILY? Sorry, can't accept that.

I haven't read the EXA manga, but I agree with you on your above concept. I have a theory though: if Natsuki hadn't regained her Hime powers and defeated Shizuru, Shizuru would have won the Carnival. Her three strongest opponents would be: Mai, Mikoto, and Midori. Mai, because Kagutsuchi is the strongest child, stronger than Kiyohime, but Shizuru could beat Mai easily (Mai doesn't have the seriousness about killing, the killer instinct, Shizuru had). Mikoto, because Miroku is very strong, most likely stronger than Kiyohime, but Shizuru could also beat Mikoto (Mikoto has the killer instinct, but isn't as smart as Shizuru, so Shizuru could out-smart her). Midori, because she is very smart, and with a clear head like she had during the Carnival, she would have a good chance of beating an unstable Shizuru. Kiyohime is probably a bit, or even quite stronger than Gakuten-O though, but even there, the childs (children?) are closely matched. Because of those reasons, I think Midori would be Shizuru's toughest match. I think Shizuru's killer instinct (something Midori doesn't have as much of, if any at all) would find a way to win in the end.

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:Mai Tokiha, Shizuru Fujino...practically everyone was at war with themselves in Mai-HiME's Carnival arc. Once the announcement was issued, by Nagi, that the festival involved defeating each other's Child, I knew the monster-of-the-day era as the HiME Rangers wasn't going to happen. The stakes were higher for the girls with no option to turn back.

Being at war with yourself...*shudders* one of the toughest types of conflict, in my opinion. When you're at war with yourself, it can sometimes seem nearly impossible to win...(Types of conflict: Man v. Man, Man v. Nature, Man v. Self...etc...) sweatdrop Anyway, I also think that I like My-Hime so much because it's very deep and quite dark, but has a happy ending. Mikoto Minagi

hildebrant wrote:

Damn right! Very well-said! =]

I love that moment (when Yuuichi shouts that he loves Mai), and I also love Mai's tears-of-joy expression when she sees Yuuichi. Another part I really liked was one of Yuuichi's lines:

Reito: (something along the lines of) (snarles haughtily at Yuuichi) "What are you doing here, the man that was unsure of his feelings, and strung two poor girls along, betraying them both?"

Yuuichi: (confidently smirks back) "You're right, I did do that, but now, that man is dead."

I think, that's my favorite serious line in the show. =]

MissSoccerNinja
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 469
Armitage GUTS!!! : 188

Back to top Go down

Post by GAP Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:03 am

Hmmm, this thread just got derailed from Tate to Evangelion to Naruto. :|
GAP
GAP
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 429
Armitage GUTS!!! : 126

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:51 am

Lots to reply to for Ninja-chan! But first...

GAP wrote:Hmmm, this thread just got derailed from Tate to Evangelion to Naruto. :|

XD; Hildebrant and Defiant, I can either move all your posts to the Evangelion thread (we has no Naruto thread as far as I know) or have them stay if you truly believe they hold relevance to the Tate discussion. :)

Be back soon to reply to Soccer Ninja. hotaru Sleeeeeepy.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Defiant Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:37 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:Lots to reply to for Ninja-chan! But first...

GAP wrote:Hmmm, this thread just got derailed from Tate to Evangelion to Naruto. :|

XD; Hildebrant and Defiant, I can either move all your posts to the Evangelion thread (we has no Naruto thread as far as I know) or have them stay if you truly believe they hold relevance to the Tate discussion. :)

I appologise I was cought in a passionate discussion and the thread went a bit OT, we shall now continue only within the spirit of this topic.
Defiant
Defiant
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Post by hildebrant Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:35 pm

Defiant wrote:
Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:Lots to reply to for Ninja-chan! But first...

I appologise I was cought in a passionate discussion and the thread went a bit OT, we shall now continue only within the spirit of this topic.

Yes I apologize, lets get back on topic. Sorry it happens when I meet a fan that has similar interests as me. Yes lets get back to praising Tate
hildebrant
hildebrant
Coral student
Coral student

Back to top Go down

Post by GAP Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:49 pm

You know Tate isn't that bad, he just gets screwed over by the events of the anime but he does get better.
GAP
GAP
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 429
Armitage GUTS!!! : 126

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next