Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anime Convention News: Your experiences/upcoming MM con appearances! (next: New York Comic Con)

+23
LiteraryAnomaly
GhibliFreek
BMeph
firesphere306
Konaxookami
Aud8
Sergay Tate
Yuri-hime
depression76
MidnightPersona
Highman
hildebrant
Kyubey Mittens
Ice Silver Crystal
WolvenBane08
pokemoneg
ookamidesu
Chibi Rachy
Flamewolf119
Midori Sugiura99
SpiderNeKoHiME
Milla
Luu Sky Sapphire
27 posters

Page 12 of 15 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Go down

Anime Convention News: Your experiences/upcoming MM con appearances! (next: New York Comic Con) - Page 12 Empty Re: Anime Convention News: Your experiences/upcoming MM con appearances! (next: New York Comic Con)

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:36 am

Holy crap, you got Homura!? Madoka x Homura

Akira Okuzaki That's it. My urge to spend foolishly at Otakon has increased ten fold!!!

I love all the photos! The Korra related items you got are awesome!

Sera Myu Michiru....AHHHHH!!!!

Must of felt great to be around Homestucks, other than tumblr. ;p
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Bubuzuke points : 42532
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2524

http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Anime Convention News: Your experiences/upcoming MM con appearances! (next: New York Comic Con) - Page 12 Empty Re: Anime Convention News: Your experiences/upcoming MM con appearances! (next: New York Comic Con)

Post by LiteraryAnomaly Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:23 am

Luu told me to say I was chosen to go to Otakon with him and Deppeh =_=

Feeling a real sense of... Mental unglued-ness right now. Can't really formulate the words to express how FUCKING STOKED I am to be joining them. Fuck yes.

/Melt down
LiteraryAnomaly
LiteraryAnomaly
Fuuka Academy Student
Fuuka Academy Student

Bubuzuke points : 91
Armitage GUTS!!! : 36

http://www.fanfiction.net/~LiteraryAnomaly

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:52 am

LiteraryAnomaly wrote:Luu told me to say I was chosen to go to Otakon with him and Deppeh =_=

Feeling a real sense of... Mental unglued-ness right now. Can't really formulate the words to express how FUCKING STOKED I am to be joining them. Fuck yes.

/Melt down

Shizuru Fujino Welcome aboard, Steph. Your life will never be the same again after the 29th of this month.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Konaxookami Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:39 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:Holy crap, you got Homura!? Madoka x Homura

Akira Okuzaki That's it. My urge to spend foolishly at Otakon has increased ten fold!!!

I love all the photos! The Korra related items you got are awesome!

Sera Myu Michiru....AHHHHH!!!!

Must of felt great to be around Homestucks, other than tumblr. ;p

YES, YES I DID. I almost got a Kyoko nendoroid too, but since I already got the Kyoko from the brag box I decided against it.

And I nearly lost control of myself when I saw the SeraMyu Michiru. Like-I was just flipping out and she must've thought I was such a strange child with the wig head and my clearly cray cray fingerling.

While it's nice to be around other Homestucks though Luu, they wear my out pretty quickly. A lot of them are young kids who are a little too crazy and overzealous about things and generally don't give a flying frick if they're inconveniencing anyone else. The older ones are easier to handle, but harder to find. I mostly just stuck with my pals who are also Homestucks and went from there. Which was better. Some Homestuck fans got a little bit rowdy when it came to my Friday costume. Photoshoots are exhausting too.

Next year I'm probably not even going to do a Homestuck costume, and if I do, I'm not wearing it the whole day.

Next year it's all about the animus and the comics.
Konaxookami
Konaxookami
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Bubuzuke points : 2209
Armitage GUTS!!! : 803
Location : Somewhere between the Furthest Ring and the Hall of Justice

Back to top Go down

Post by pokemoneg Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:52 pm

kawaiidesuplzkawaiidesuplzkawaiidesuplz
OTAKON
Im really excited dsggdssnhgdjhgd
Sadly I'm not doing Zhang again due to hair cut and not having a wig and yeahp
But(t) I'm doing Saber, Kyouko (suit and bowtie) and maybe matryoshka version and magnet Kaito (omg crossplay first time ever)
I wish I could bring more but my Sheik cosplay isnt close to done and i need a new wig so I can do Zhang weh
Oh and I have plans to do Miyu Greer (otome ver) soon too! ....Her hat is the hardest part omg.
pokemoneg
pokemoneg
Lord of teh InterNEG
Lord of teh InterNEG

Bubuzuke points : 770
Armitage GUTS!!! : 258

http://www.pokemoneg.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:14 pm

Here are my Otakon 2012 spoils/merchandise! Can you identify them all? ;3 More photos on the way soon!

Once all photos are uploaded to Mai-Multiverse Forum, I will be sharing my entire con experiences in my journal. Members only in the Rorschach Bar! :3

Anime Convention News: Your experiences/upcoming MM con appearances! (next: New York Comic Con) - Page 12 Picture285

Anime Convention News: Your experiences/upcoming MM con appearances! (next: New York Comic Con) - Page 12 Picture284

Anime Convention News: Your experiences/upcoming MM con appearances! (next: New York Comic Con) - Page 12 Picture286

Anime Convention News: Your experiences/upcoming MM con appearances! (next: New York Comic Con) - Page 12 Picture287

Anime Convention News: Your experiences/upcoming MM con appearances! (next: New York Comic Con) - Page 12 Picture389

Anime Convention News: Your experiences/upcoming MM con appearances! (next: New York Comic Con) - Page 12 Picture394

Anime Convention News: Your experiences/upcoming MM con appearances! (next: New York Comic Con) - Page 12 Picture391

Anime Convention News: Your experiences/upcoming MM con appearances! (next: New York Comic Con) - Page 12 Picture385

Anime Convention News: Your experiences/upcoming MM con appearances! (next: New York Comic Con) - Page 12 Picture384

Anime Convention News: Your experiences/upcoming MM con appearances! (next: New York Comic Con) - Page 12 Picture386

Anime Convention News: Your experiences/upcoming MM con appearances! (next: New York Comic Con) - Page 12 Picture382

Anime Convention News: Your experiences/upcoming MM con appearances! (next: New York Comic Con) - Page 12 Picture381

Anime Convention News: Your experiences/upcoming MM con appearances! (next: New York Comic Con) - Page 12 Picture380

Anime Convention News: Your experiences/upcoming MM con appearances! (next: New York Comic Con) - Page 12 Picture379

Anime Convention News: Your experiences/upcoming MM con appearances! (next: New York Comic Con) - Page 12 Picture378

Anime Convention News: Your experiences/upcoming MM con appearances! (next: New York Comic Con) - Page 12 Picture377

Anime Convention News: Your experiences/upcoming MM con appearances! (next: New York Comic Con) - Page 12 Picture375

Anime Convention News: Your experiences/upcoming MM con appearances! (next: New York Comic Con) - Page 12 Picture376

Anime Convention News: Your experiences/upcoming MM con appearances! (next: New York Comic Con) - Page 12 Picture373

Anime Convention News: Your experiences/upcoming MM con appearances! (next: New York Comic Con) - Page 12 Picture370
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by ookamidesu Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:10 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:

Anime Convention News: Your experiences/upcoming MM con appearances! (next: New York Comic Con) - Page 12 Picture386

This. Is awesome!

XD

I love how out of everything you have, these are the two that caught my eye instantly. :3

What happened to Mitsu??
ookamidesu
ookamidesu
Sexilicious Zhang-papa
Sexilicious Zhang-papa

Bubuzuke points : 8884
Armitage GUTS!!! : 1354

http://jnz5012.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:37 pm

ookamidesu wrote:
Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:

This. Is awesome!

XD

I love how out of everything you have, these are the two that caught my eye instantly. :3

What happened to Mitsu??

Mitsu were left behind to embark on a journey of epic moe proportions! *o*/

Mio moe : IT'S NOT TRUUUUUUUUE! KYAAAAAAA~~~~

Seriously, all the Mio and Ritsu were sold out by the second day. ;_; I was lucky enough to get Yui for myself and Mugi for Puppeh.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:29 pm

Our photos slideshow video from Otakon 2012 is now online! Many cosplay and random photo shots from the entire event!

Mai-Multiverse at Otakon 2012! Cosplay Photos and more!

Collection of photos from our journey and gathering at Otakon 2012. Thank you to everyone involved in this video! If you're in there somewhere, comment below! :3

Photos taken by: Luu Sky Sapphire, CeruleanAsh and depression 76

I was so happy to find the Marceline, Medusa from Soul Eater and Belle from Disney's Beauty and the Beast cosplayers~ AND OMG! THE KISSING HARUKA AND MICHIRU COSPLAYERS! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! THAT WAS EPIC!!!!!!!!! Quick fact: They were an actual couple too! ^_~ Deppeh was so envious....

tenoh michiru
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Sun Aug 05, 2012 12:50 am

Some videos from Otakon 2012! <3_<3 More on the way!

Fighting boredom with ShizNat plushies at Otakon 2012

Me and Deppy (depression76) waiting on line for the Dealer's Room to open. Stephanie (CeruleanAsh) filmed us for no reason. ;p

---

Sailor Moon/Senshi Panel at Otakon 2012 [Moon Revenge]

Luu Sky Sapphire, depression76 and CeruleanAsh catch the second half of the Sailor Moon R movie "Moon Revenge" climax at Otakon 2012's Sailor Senshi panel.

---

Haruka and Michiru dancing at Otakon 2012

Two very awesome Hachiru cosplayers dancing with each other at Otakon 2012. XD

---
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by depression76 Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:18 am

My favorite has to be the dancing HaChiru xDDD
depression76
depression76
White Devil Worshiper
White Devil Worshiper

Bubuzuke points : 7627
Armitage GUTS!!! : 1396

http://daydreamwiththedragon.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:47 pm

Mai-Multiverse at Otakon 2012: Silleh Randomness

Luu Sky Sapphire, depression76, CeruleanAsh and Firesphere306 at Otakon 2012! Random clips provided by Kara (Firesphere306)'s amazing camera work. Just us being complete utter dorks! :D
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by ookamidesu Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:28 pm

Lol. You guys are so silly! XD

And Coke-turned-Pepsi was pretty interesting. :3
ookamidesu
ookamidesu
Sexilicious Zhang-papa
Sexilicious Zhang-papa

Bubuzuke points : 8884
Armitage GUTS!!! : 1354

http://jnz5012.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:42 pm

ookamidesu wrote:And Coke-turned-Pepsi was pretty interesting. :3

Kara made me a believer that day. :'3
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by depression76 Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:07 pm

So, I found an article about Yuuka Nanri's panel during Otakon back in July. The writer of this article is a press attending that panel, and we're...kinda....mentioned here with our relentless Mai-Hime/Otome questions xD thankfullymystupiditiesaren'tmentionedhere
Yuuka Nanri, who’s autograph I got earlier in the convention, started her Q&A by showing the opening to Kids on the Slope. And truly that was why so many of us were there, it was clear by looking around the room where you could even spot a pair of guys cosplaying as Sentaro and Kaoru. And the first question from the audience was a request for her to sing A Few of My Favorite Things which she did in the show as Ritsuko. After a quick Google search for the lyrics, she delighted us with a verse.

A number of other Kids on the Slope questions were asked including what she thought of the ending. Ms. Nanri said for the anime she felt a bit frustrated on how it ended but at least everyone seemed to have some happiness. She continued on to say she hasn’t finished the manga yet because she doesn’t want to read the final volume and have it be over. Ms. Nanri mentioned that she met the manga-ka for Kids on the Slope and felt a real connection to Ritsuko’s pain in the series. When asked about her favorite characters, she talked about Sentao being a very Kyuushu boy and that she felt close to him because she is from Nagasaki, too.

Because of much of her work has been with music and characters who sing, many of the questions surrounded her experiences with Yuuki Kajiura and Yoko Kanno. Ms. Nanri started working with Ms. Kajiura when she was still in highschool. Ms. Nanri went on to talk about Ms. Kajiura’s depth of imagination which she was guided through. When asked about which Gundam SEED song she liked best, Ms. Nanri spoke of how Akatsuki no Kuruma was such a pivotal moment in her life that it will always be special for her. As for meeting Ms. Kanno for Kids on the Slope, Ms. Nanri said she was a fan so it made her quite nervous. However, once Ms. Kanno started playing the piano in the studio, Ms. Nanri felt her love for the work and it calmed her down.

When I stepped up to ask her about her new album which was soon to be released, we were treated to a video of her live performance of LIVE ON. This probably looked like I was an audience plant! But it was just luck on my part. Sadly the sound in panel 1 was quite low but we still enjoyed what we saw of the DVD.

Questions about the differences between voice acting and singing revealed that Ms. Nanri finds singing more lonely as you are a single person on a stage in the spotlight. With voice acting there is a group dynamic though it is still very nerve-wracking. Ms. Nanri discussed how very little time you have to fix your voice after a group rehearsal before recording the real thing. But you want to strive to have harmony with the other actors.

There were a few requests for lines from My-Hime/My-Otome which Ms. Nanri tried her best to comply with but it had been a long time since she did those roles. The audience loved her nonetheless and enjoyed every moment we were able to spend with her.

Few requests? I think I can recall 6/7 Wink
read here if you wanna read more.
depression76
depression76
White Devil Worshiper
White Devil Worshiper

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:34 pm

I believe the blogger at reversethieves had the memory of a goldfish. No offense to Koi-chan. We were there for the entire panel, the Mai-HiME/Otome related questions pretty much dominated the running time.

Give Yuuka-san credit for even remembering Mai-HiME/Otome, saying she had the best time working on them and knowing who Saeko-san and Naomi-san were. Heck, ShizNat themselves were responsible for mentoring her during the whole ordeal. And just when you think Yuuka-san's Mai-Series experience couldn't get any better, she said Nao Yuuki was her most challenging role up until that point. Probably still is.

My only regret is not asking her where I can purchase her music.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by depression76 Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:47 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:My only regret is not asking her where I can purchase her music.
This site is one of my favorite for CD/DVD purchase Akira Okuzaki
Anime Convention News: Your experiences/upcoming MM con appearances! (next: New York Comic Con) - Page 12 VTZL-39
http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=VTZL-39
depression76
depression76
White Devil Worshiper
White Devil Worshiper

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:50 pm

depression76 wrote:
Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:My only regret is not asking her where I can purchase her music.
Anime Convention News: Your experiences/upcoming MM con appearances! (next: New York Comic Con) - Page 12 VTZL-39

You are a life saver, Java. Akira Okuzaki
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by depression76 Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:03 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
depression76 wrote:

You are a life saver, Java. Akira Okuzaki

Glad to help afro
depression76
depression76
White Devil Worshiper
White Devil Worshiper

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:23 pm

Just got it! Muahahahaha! Nao Yuuki Now I have something else for Yuuka-san to sign...

One question, what does Tsuki no Kioku wo Tadotte mean anyway?
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by depression76 Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:43 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:Just got it! Muahahahaha! Nao Yuuki Now I have something else for Yuuka-san to sign...

One question, what does Tsuki no Kioku wo Tadotte mean anyway?
Um.....Star's memories....somethinsomethinsomethin...>>;;;;

Ask sheznek, lodsa kanji, can't read Dx
depression76
depression76
White Devil Worshiper
White Devil Worshiper

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:47 pm

WolvenBane08 has been added to my list of "Maybes" for Otakon 2013.

She is the limit though. I don't think I can sneak anymore members into our already cramped room. XD

Confirmed:

Luu Sky Sapphire
depression76
LiteraryAnomaly

Maybes:

Firesphere306
WolvenBane08
Konaxookami
ookamidesu
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Sat May 11, 2013 4:42 pm

bump

WolvenBane08 has been added to my list of "Confirmed" for Otakon 2013!

Confirmed:

Luu Sky Sapphire
depression76
LiteraryAnomaly
WolvenBane08

Maybes:

Firesphere306
Konaxookami
ookamidesu

---

In other news, we've got our official Mai-Multiverse T-Shirts for the event! I took the liberty in getting shirts that fit all the ladies on the lists. There's also one extra that will be shipped to Krystal of Nol since she put together the ShizNat emblem and our famous MM logo. Special thanks to our very own Midori Sugiura (James) for getting us these shirts!

Anime Convention News: Your experiences/upcoming MM con appearances! (next: New York Comic Con) - Page 12 91408910

Anime Convention News: Your experiences/upcoming MM con appearances! (next: New York Comic Con) - Page 12 91994810
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Krystal of Nol Wed May 15, 2013 1:31 am

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
In other news, we've got our official Mai-Multiverse T-Shirts for the event! I took the liberty in getting shirts that fit all the ladies on the lists. There's also one extra that will be shipped to Krystal of Nol since she put together the ShizNat emblem and our famous MM logo. Special thanks to our very own Midori Sugiura (James) for getting us these shirts!

Anime Convention News: Your experiences/upcoming MM con appearances! (next: New York Comic Con) - Page 12 91408910

Anime Convention News: Your experiences/upcoming MM con appearances! (next: New York Comic Con) - Page 12 91994810

HOLY SHIZNAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ShizNat
THEY ARE AWESOME!!! Feels Feels Feels Feels Feels Feels Feels

Wow just wow, I didn't think I could actually see the T-shirts (I admit it Luu I was a no believer for a while) but now I can't wait to get my hands on one, thanks a lot for it Luu!

Krystal of Nol
Krystal of Nol
ShizNat Queen: cuz is never enough ShizNat!
ShizNat Queen: cuz is never enough ShizNat!

Bubuzuke points : 1967
Armitage GUTS!!! : 737

http://krystal-of-nol.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Thu May 16, 2013 6:43 pm

Krystal of Nol wrote:
Wow just wow, I didn't think I could actually see the T-shirts (I admit it Luu I was a no believer for a while) but now I can't wait to get my hands on one, thanks a lot for it Luu![/color]

First off, I am disappointed in you. How could you not be a believer? :) Just shut up and accept the shirt, please~ You're welcome.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 15 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next