Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bandai Entertainment's English dub for Mai HiME/Otome

+23
Bluholic711
Veronica-Searrs
ookamidesu
Valkyria Lightning
SoulEaterHaruhis0s
bubbleduckie
sarcastic-dog
MidnightPersona
SulliMike23
Sergay Tate
WolvenBane08
The Fire Stirring Ruby
Abicion
Highman
Ice Silver Crystal
Konaxookami
emochick
GaleLupin-Otome
Midori Sugiura99
Kara
SpiderNeKoHiME
Kino karutta-chan
Luu Sky Sapphire
27 posters

Page 14 of 17 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

Go down

hime - Bandai Entertainment's English dub for Mai HiME/Otome - Page 14 Empty Re: Bandai Entertainment's English dub for Mai HiME/Otome

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Wed May 04, 2011 9:59 pm

Mai Otome Sub/Dub Comparisons 12: The Return of Natsuki Kuga?! + OMAKE

...nah, it's just SUNRISE saying "this is the Natsuki you want, but will NEVER see again." XD Regardless, it's a badass moment with Natsuki Kruger and Juliet Nao Zhang.

Saeko Chiba and Cheryl McMaster as Natsuki Kruger
Yuuka Nanri and Marcy Lannan as Juliet Nao Zhang
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Bubuzuke points : 42532
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2524

http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

hime - Bandai Entertainment's English dub for Mai HiME/Otome - Page 14 Empty Re: Bandai Entertainment's English dub for Mai HiME/Otome

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Thu May 05, 2011 8:20 pm

Mai Otome Sub/Dub Comparisons 13: NEVER call Maria-sama an old hag!

Don't fack with Maria Graceburt. Need I say more? ;p

Yoko Matsuoka and Barb Mitchell as Maria Graceburt
Kikuko Inoue and Barbara Kozicki as Yukariko Steinberg
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Wed May 25, 2011 8:50 pm

Mai Otome Sub/Dub Comparisons 14: YES, MASHIRO-SAMA!

Mashiro Blan de Windbloom and what she's all about. I consider this one of the many "wake up calls" she goes through.

Yukana and Katie Rowan as Queen Mashiro Blan de Windbloom
Akira Ishida and Graham Ko as Nagi Dai Artai

Series: Mai-Otome/舞-乙HiME
Episode 7: "The Blue Dance/Oath of the Maiden"
"Ao no Mai / Otome no Chigiri" (蒼の舞/乙女の契り)
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Sergay Tate Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:07 am

i've jsut finished watching the first 3 episodes of Mai HiME dubbed, and jsut about to start the 4th. this is the first time i've heard it, and i've gotta be honest, it's not as bad as i thought it would be. i mean, there are a couple of voices (Shizuru and Reito for example) that are a bit crappy, although i know Shizurus is that way because of her less formal dialect (coming from Kyoto). so that's for a reason.

there are alot of spots that the pronunciation is wrong (for example how mai says Kagatsuchi, and how EVERYONE says Tokiha), but that being said, overall it's not woeful. it's pretty much on par with other dubbed stuff i've watched. i plan on finishing the series with the dub (so i can compare it overall to the proper subbed version).

i must admit though, from what i've heard about it i was expecting it to be a massacre. so i guess with not really any good expectations for it, it's been pleasantly surprising thus far.
Sergay Tate
Sergay Tate
Cat Goddess
Cat Goddess

Bubuzuke points : 5920
Armitage GUTS!!! : 724

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:19 pm

Sergay Wáng wrote:i've jsut finished watching the first 3 episodes of Mai HiME dubbed, and jsut about to start the 4th. this is the first time i've heard it, and i've gotta be honest, it's not as bad as i thought it would be. i mean, there are a couple of voices (Shizuru and Reito for example) that are a bit crappy, although i know Shizurus is that way because of her less formal dialect (coming from Kyoto). so that's for a reason.

there are alot of spots that the pronunciation is wrong (for example how mai says Kagatsuchi, and how EVERYONE says Tokiha), but that being said, overall it's not woeful. it's pretty much on par with other dubbed stuff i've watched. i plan on finishing the series with the dub (so i can compare it overall to the proper subbed version).

i must admit though, from what i've heard about it i was expecting it to be a massacre. so i guess with not really any good expectations for it, it's been pleasantly surprising thus far.

Oh no, it could be a lot worse than what you heard. Bandai did pretty well in certain areas, badly in others (like Shizuru, certain pronunciations, etc). We can focus on Shizuru later on with our next video. :) For now I have to ask, what did you think of Natsuki's voice actress?
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:46 pm

Mai HiME Sub/Dub Comparisons Part 19: There's drool on your mouth, Natsuki-chan

Natsuki's been working too hard, so I think it's time for a nice Shizuru pep talk. :)

Saeko Chiba and Cheryl McMaster as Natsuki Kuga
Shindou Naomi and Melanie Risdon as Shizuru Fujino

Mai-HiME Episode 19: "Labyrinth of the Heart"
"Kokoro no Meikyū" (こころの迷宮)

Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Sergay Tate Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:26 am

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
Sergay Wáng wrote:i've jsut finished watching the first 3 episodes of Mai HiME dubbed, and jsut about to start the 4th. this is the first time i've heard it, and i've gotta be honest, it's not as bad as i thought it would be. i mean, there are a couple of voices (Shizuru and Reito for example) that are a bit crappy, although i know Shizurus is that way because of her less formal dialect (coming from Kyoto). so that's for a reason.

Oh no, it could be a lot worse than what you heard. Bandai did pretty well in certain areas, badly in others (like Shizuru, certain pronunciations, etc). We can focus on Shizuru later on with our next video. :) For now I have to ask, what did you think of Natsuki's voice actress?

Natsukis is pretty bad. but i have heard worse so it's something that i can easily put up with. it kinda makes sense in that she is a bit more masculine in the way she goes about things (i.e motorbike and the way she fights is more full on), and no, that's not a jab at her. cause she's one of my favourites so i'm not badmouthing her lol. all in all though, her dub isn't woeful. but i guess going in to it expecting something along the lines of a mentally challenged man makes it seem far better lol.

as for Shizurus, it's pretty bad. BUT, it is basically the american equivalent to the 'slacker' dialect she has in the sub. coming from Kyoto.

i do agree with the pronunciations, there are some pretty damn bad ones in there lol.
Sergay Tate
Sergay Tate
Cat Goddess
Cat Goddess

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:17 pm

Sergay Wáng wrote:Natsukis is pretty bad. but i have heard worse so it's something that i can easily put up with. it kinda makes sense in that she is a bit more masculine in the way she goes about things (i.e motorbike and the way she fights is more full on), and no, that's not a jab at her. cause she's one of my favourites so i'm not badmouthing her lol. all in all though, her dub isn't woeful. but i guess going in to it expecting something along the lines of a mentally challenged man makes it seem far better lol.

as for Shizurus, it's pretty bad. BUT, it is basically the american equivalent to the 'slacker' dialect she has in the sub. coming from Kyoto.

i do agree with the pronunciations, there are some pretty damn bad ones in there lol.

lol If you want really bad dubs, you have to try elsewhere. Try watching the original dub of Frantic Frustrated and Female. You won't make it past the first scene unless you're a major pervert. :3

I just think Bandai had a lot of conflicts on what the proper pronunciation is, thus why it's never consistent throughout the series. Take Yukariko:

YOO-KAA-REE-KO (imo, WRONG)

Yu-Car-Ree-Ko (imo, CORRECT)
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Sergay Tate Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:47 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
Sergay Wáng wrote:Natsukis is pretty bad. but i have heard worse so it's something that i can easily put up with. it kinda makes sense in that she is a bit more masculine in the way she goes about things (i.e motorbike and the way she fights is more full on), and no, that's not a jab at her. cause she's one of my favourites so i'm not badmouthing her lol. all in all though, her dub isn't woeful. but i guess going in to it expecting something along the lines of a mentally challenged man makes it seem far better lol.

lol If you want really bad dubs, you have to try elsewhere. Try watching the original dub of Frantic Frustrated and Female. You won't make it past the first scene unless you're a major pervert. :3

I just think Bandai had a lot of conflicts on what the proper pronunciation is, thus why it's never consistent throughout the series. Take Yukariko:

YOO-KAA-REE-KO (imo, WRONG)

Yu-Car-Ree-Ko (imo, CORRECT)

yeah i agree. consistency is one of the bigger problems they have, but meh. i'm still enjoying it Arika Yumemiya and i agree with your pronunciation also. the way japanese words are said is ALL to do with pronunciation, not so much accent. some people just don't really get it though lol.
Sergay Tate
Sergay Tate
Cat Goddess
Cat Goddess

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:10 pm

lol It's all right, really. Like I said, the Mai-HiME dub is more accepted now than it was during it's debut. Bandai really tried, leaving us with something very entertaining. :3
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:09 pm

Before I forget...

Mai-HiME Preview Audio Drama [English Dub]

All "On Next week's episode" audios from the English dub of Mai-HiME. :) Featuring Mai Tokiha, Mikoto Minagi, a very OOC Natsuki Kuga and the rest of the gang!

Natsuki really scares me in these. :pale:
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:17 pm

LMAOO. Hahaha, "That's just the way it is." and lol, some of these are so funny! They are so weird!!
Kara
Kara
Token Straight Girl

Bubuzuke points : 2072
Armitage GUTS!!! : 597

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:39 pm

Kara wrote:LMAOO. Hahaha, "That's just the way it is." and lol, some of these are so funny! They are so weird!!

Think fast Kara, here comes another! This time...Mai-Otome! ;p

Mai-Otome Preview Audio Drama [English Dub]

All "On Next week's episode" audios from the English dub of Mai-Otome. :) Featuring Arika Yumemiya, Nina Wang, Shizuru Viola, Natsuki Kruger and many more!

Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by SulliMike23 Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:50 am

I tell ya, I've heard the English dubs for both and no offense to the actors and company who dubbed it, but they did a lousy job! Fandubbers do a much better job at it. I've got proof too.
SulliMike23
SulliMike23
Coral student
Coral student

Bubuzuke points : 959
Armitage GUTS!!! : 281

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:01 pm

SulliMike23 wrote:I tell ya, I've heard the English dubs for both and no offense to the actors and company who dubbed it, but they did a lousy job! Fandubbers do a much better job at it. I've got proof too.

We appreciate them more than we used to, but it's not a perfect dub on Bandai's part. Surprisingly enough, they dubbed K-On! better. :shock:
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by SulliMike23 Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:14 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
SulliMike23 wrote:I tell ya, I've heard the English dubs for both and no offense to the actors and company who dubbed it, but they did a lousy job! Fandubbers do a much better job at it. I've got proof too.

We appreciate them more than we used to, but it's not a perfect dub on Bandai's part. Surprisingly enough, they dubbed K-On! better. :shock:
True, and having Cristina Vee as Mio is a nice touch. But yeah, it's not one of their better dubs.
SulliMike23
SulliMike23
Coral student
Coral student

Bubuzuke points : 959
Armitage GUTS!!! : 281

Back to top Go down

Post by MidnightPersona Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:38 pm

Personally I loved the dub of HiME, I also loved the dub of Otome, but Arika could get annoying, but a good kind of annoying? xD

Then again, I use to HATE Shizuru's voice, but I also hated Shizuru.

Now I love both. x3 It prob doesn't help I can do a decent Arika voice and an amazing Shizuru x3 Dubbed of course~

But I also think ShizNat lines are somewhat better dubbed and... well...

HARUKINO! The dub of those two just makes me so happy x3
MidnightPersona
MidnightPersona
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

Bubuzuke points : 4253
Armitage GUTS!!! : 798

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:05 pm

MidnightPersona wrote:But I also think ShizNat lines are somewhat better dubbed and... well...

The dubbed lines provided for ShizNat solidified their canon relationship (not mere friendship) for the future. Hear for yourself (just skip my intro and the Japanese version XD):

Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by MidnightPersona Sun Jun 26, 2011 2:46 am

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
MidnightPersona wrote:But I also think ShizNat lines are somewhat better dubbed and... well...

The dubbed lines provided for ShizNat solidified their canon relationship (not mere friendship) for the future. Hear for yourself (just skip my intro and the Japanese version XD):

Proof ShizNat is better dubbed <3

I still think more HaruKino was needed V_V
MidnightPersona
MidnightPersona
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

Bubuzuke points : 4253
Armitage GUTS!!! : 798

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:51 pm

MidnightPersona wrote:Proof ShizNat is better dubbed <3

I still think more HaruKino was needed V_V

Strongly agree. <3

Hmm, could the dialogue be altered to make their relationship come off more romancy? If so, what would you suggest (use certain scenes as examples!)
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Highman Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:56 pm

SulliMike23 wrote:
Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:

True, and having Cristina Vee as Mio is a nice touch. But yeah, it's not one of their better dubs.

Would been better to Christina Vee as Arika, she would fit perfectly on that role as aspiring, self indulgent and Rena's bastard of a child.

Wait a minute did I just let that out ?
Highman
Highman
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 634
Armitage GUTS!!! : 113

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:46 pm

***NEW***

Mai-Otome Zwei Preview Audio Drama [English Dub]

All "Next episode" audios from the English dub of Mai-Otome Zwei, the four episode OVA sequel to Mai-Otome. :) Featuring Arika Yumemiya, Nina Wang, Queen Mashiro and even Ribbon-chan!

Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by The Fire Stirring Ruby Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:15 am

As what I've seen between the English SUBS and the English DUBS, the better one is somehow the sub. I gotta say that Cheryl McMaster's Natsuki voice is better than the Filipino dub. O_O; Man, if you could hear it right now. Ugh. Too girly. She even breaks whenever she says "Duran!" >A>
The Fire Stirring Ruby
The Fire Stirring Ruby
Ramen Noodles Specialist
Ramen Noodles Specialist

Bubuzuke points : 2486
Armitage GUTS!!! : 746

Back to top Go down

Post by sarcastic-dog Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:50 am

Finally I've heard the english dub...

I must say I'm surprised positivly.
There are just a few voices I don't agree with ( surprisingly Shizuru is not among them)
for example:
Mai: she's far to robotic in my opinion. If you listen to her it sound like she's reading the text off a paper.

Natsuki: While they got the voice almost accurate...I cringe everytime when she says Shizuru's name...maybe it's the english pronounciation that rubs me wrong but I don't like it.

The others I guess are something you would be able to save with a bit of training and actual "voiceacting" if you get my drift. ^^
sarcastic-dog
sarcastic-dog
Fuuka Academy Student
Fuuka Academy Student

Bubuzuke points : 162
Armitage GUTS!!! : 71

http://sarcastic-dog.livejournal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by sarcastic-dog Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:57 am

I just went over it again ...and yeah it's definitly the pronounciation that gets me the wrong way...
sarcastic-dog
sarcastic-dog
Fuuka Academy Student
Fuuka Academy Student

Bubuzuke points : 162
Armitage GUTS!!! : 71

http://sarcastic-dog.livejournal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 17 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next