Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thoughts on each character from Mai-HiME?

+5
Maishina
SpiderNeKoHiME
Kino karutta-chan
Midori Sugiura99
Luu Sky Sapphire
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Thoughts on each character from Mai-HiME? - Page 2 Empty Re: Thoughts on each character from Mai-HiME?

Post by Lerena Sun Jul 24, 2011 3:42 pm

First up, I'm going to discuss Mai Tokiha. I'm not crazy about her as a main protagonist, but I'm more of a villain type anyway. Before we get started, the main reason I'm going to talk about her is because she's the main protagonist, and a good one at that. I can see a character, hate them, and still recognize them as a great and fantastic character to represent the series. Mai Tokiha is not one of those; I'm just interested in giving some insight on a character I haven't discussed anywhere.

My explanation and thoughts on Mai:
Spoiler:
Lerena
Lerena
The Solitary Slytherin Duelist
The Solitary Slytherin Duelist

Bubuzuke points : 3771
Armitage GUTS!!! : 558
Location : In the middle of a dark void containing me and a laptop with inter-dimensional Internet

Back to top Go down

Thoughts on each character from Mai-HiME? - Page 2 Empty Re: Thoughts on each character from Mai-HiME?

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:21 am

From what you said in the spoilers, I can somewhat relate to Tokiha. Making others happy instead of looking after my own happiness? Yeah, I made that mistake several times. There is a fine balance between generous and selfish for me now, because you need both to live a good life. Things are better for Mai Tokiha now ever since she became honest with herself, and that was quite a personal journey for her. Is she my favorite for that? No. It could of been handled better in my opinion, but that's just me being against Mai for not being extroverted, charisma wise, as a heroine of justice. Like most of the HiME, she had her own agenda. When shit hit the fan in the Carnival arc, that's when you started to see her development kick in.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Bubuzuke points : 42532
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2524

http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by GAP Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:27 am

Mai tokiha is the one character that appeals to me for the reason that I am not honest about myself and my intentions. I also see myself in Yukariko where I more or less let people take control of me and I never have any opinions of my own. I will go into detail on this later.
GAP
GAP
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 429
Armitage GUTS!!! : 126

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:40 am

GAP wrote:where I more or less let people take control of me and I never have any opinions of my own. I will go into detail on this later.

I knew someone sorta like this, different case. Unless you speak up, nobody will be aware of your pain. This person I knew had months of pent up frustrations and was too much of a coward to speak up to me, even though she's "pro-independent woman". Loser. (not you, this person).

Anyway, looking forward to your in-depth post later. Lemme guess, you're religious like our beautiful nun? :)
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Bubuzuke points : 42532
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2524

http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by GAP Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:14 pm

HEre is my my in depth analysis and it may or not be accurate:

From what we see from her character, I could see her as someone who was raised on religion and even thoguh she may had studied the Bible, been to sermons and helped around the church, I don't believe she personally believed in what she was doing. One poster in another forum even compared her to someone appeals to a certain fetish and who doesn't like dirty nuns?! Seriously, I sort of believe that she is the type of person who would do something to please everyone and between the "demons of youth" and her misquoting the Bible, she doesn't really have thoughts of her own. One poster even noted that God could be just another substittue for a lack of a man or a father figure in her life.

The anime/manga never really gives us what her life must be like outside the church but I think it was quite clear that she needed to get out of comfort zone. Going back to my earlier analysis, I think that she something of a doormat even more so then a certain fiery redhead. She lets people walk all over her and she may not even respect herself, she tries to help others but she cannot even help herself. Sister Yukariko does things because she fears that people will be mad at her if she doesn't (and that even what God wants mind you), she is too much into herself and she doesn't open herself to others. She has opinions and thoughts of her own but she doesn't voice them so nobody what she is even thinking.

The cast tries to open her up but she ends going back to herself just like before. It wasn't Ishigami came along, that she started to become more honest with herself somewhat. Ishigami seemed to be a nice guy, he is an art teacher, he is handsome and charming to boot but he was too good to be true and he revealed himself to be working with the enemy. Yukariko sees right through Ishigami and even though she acknowledges his faults, she still loves him nonetheless. Her experiences in Hime helped realized that she needed to be a bit more assertive and rake control over her own life. That she needs to do things for herself and not to please others. After all teh hell she goes through, she gets a happy end, she marries Ishigami, has a baby and gained three successors in the form of Nao, Alyssa and Miyu.

Edit: Forgive if I miss some stuff but this what I thought about.
GAP
GAP
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 429
Armitage GUTS!!! : 126

Back to top Go down

Post by ookamidesu Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:10 pm

ookamidesu
ookamidesu
Sexilicious Zhang-papa
Sexilicious Zhang-papa

Bubuzuke points : 8884
Armitage GUTS!!! : 1354

http://jnz5012.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2