Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Coming out stories and Gay/Lesbian Discussion LGBT

+38
Grawrr
Wolf-of-Wind
Cheshire Kat
Daichi148
Kiros Razer
*BlackRose*
Whirlwind Rose Quarts
Kuga Natsuki
shezaei-neko
burande fujino
BMeph
depression76
MidnightPersona
midori's crazy398
SpiralDasher
IlliterateKoi
magicmaster03
ATHENAx514
Yuri-hime
Chaglette
SulliMike23
Ice Silver Crystal
GoldenSun13
Amaya
cecirdr
Chibi Rachy
zanekal1
GhibliFreek
Kino karutta-chan
ookamidesu
Kara
Konaxookami
she-ga-roo
RedEyedWolf
Kicchu
Midori Sugiura99
Luu Sky Sapphire
SpiderNeKoHiME
42 posters

Page 11 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

Coming out stories and Gay/Lesbian Discussion LGBT - Page 11 Empty Re: Coming out stories and Gay/Lesbian Discussion LGBT

Post by Kuga Natsuki Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:04 pm

Perhaps you're stronger than you think :3
Kuga Natsuki
Kuga Natsuki
Space Samurai Marshall Banana

Bubuzuke points : 9709
Armitage GUTS!!! : 593

http://stargazerium.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Coming out stories and Gay/Lesbian Discussion LGBT - Page 11 Empty Re: Coming out stories and Gay/Lesbian Discussion LGBT

Post by GhibliFreek Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:21 pm

so I recently have been cast out from my local mosque.
It was already hard enough being the only white muslim, who also has piercings and tattoos, and does not conform with traditional clothing and hair. But being found out by someone who proceeded to spread the news around has completely crushed me. There was no official "banning" as such, but the cries from people as I entered, the glares, the families pulling children as far as possibly away from me spoke more words than they ever could. I know I am no longer welcome there.
GhibliFreek
GhibliFreek
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Bubuzuke points : 2319
Armitage GUTS!!! : 498

https://www.youtube.com/user/Graipe?feature=mhum

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:54 pm

Grawrr wrote:I don't think I'm strong at all

Subjective, of course. :) I'd like to concur with whoever it was that called you strong before (I keep forgetting her name...).

Come on, Grawrr. Or should I say...Jackie (?). You did what many homosexuals are terrified to do. Some fear being disowned or even killed for being who they are. I can understand this fear, but often times, reality won't be as harsh as your imagination. You did the right thing in getting that burden-filled weight off your shoulders forever.

What I'm a little disappointed with is your issues with men. It sucks that you didn't have the best luck with them, but even if we'll never climb into bed with you, realize that we're not all bad or shady. I'm not the best example (I'm too anti-hero for sensitive types to befriend), but considering how nice our male members can be, you should have some hope. On the positive side, I do understand your attraction to women. Wink There's nothing wrong with it~ Like I spouted off in another thread: Love is never wrong and neither is preference.

so I recently have been cast out from my local mosque.
It was already hard enough being the only white muslim, who also has piercings and tattoos, and does not conform with traditional clothing and hair. But being found out by someone who proceeded to spread the news around has completely crushed me. There was no official "banning" as such, but the cries from people as I entered, the glares, the families pulling children as far as possibly away from me spoke more words than they ever could. I know I am no longer welcome there.

Sorry to hear about that, dude. ^^; Some people just can't adjust or life with honest reality and it sucks.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Bubuzuke points : 42532
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2524

http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Grawrr Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:50 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
Grawrr wrote:I don't think I'm strong at all

Subjective, of course. :) I'd like to concur with whoever it was that called you strong before (I keep forgetting her name...).

Come on, Grawrr. Or should I say...Jackie (?). You did what many homosexuals are terrified to do. Some fear being disowned or even killed for being who they are. I can understand this fear, but often times, reality won't be as harsh as your imagination. You did the right thing in getting that burden-filled weight off your shoulders forever.

What I'm a little disappointed with is your issues with men. It sucks that you didn't have the best luck with them, but even if we'll never climb into bed with you, realize that we're not all bad or shady. I'm not the best example (I'm too anti-hero for sensitive types to befriend), but considering how nice our male members can be, you should have some hope. On the positive side, I do understand your attraction to women. Wink There's nothing wrong with it~ Like I spouted off in another thread: Love is never wrong and neither is preference.

Very true, and lol XD

Either one. Don't matter to me. I didn't even realize I put my name in there.. 0_o Oh wells. It's true my fear never went there, but there are times when I did think maybe she would disown me. I didn't dwell too much on it, because I knew deep down it would never come to that. Unfortunately, there are some who go through this fear, and Luu as usual, is right. XD It's true. I feel so much better, like I'm ready to move forward in life. It was holding me back for so long.

It's unfortunate, but it happens. I accepted it. It still gets to me from time to time, but it's better than what it use to be. This is good enough for me. It took me awhile, but I know that there are still good men in this world, I'm friends with some. Yay for women! ;P
"Love is never wrong and neither is preference." <---- Wise words. XD
Grawrr
Grawrr
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Bubuzuke points : 1234
Armitage GUTS!!! : 67

Back to top Go down

Post by depression76 Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:10 pm

GhibliFreek wrote:so I recently have been cast out from my local mosque.
As a fellow muslim, I'm very ashamed to hear how these people treated you =__= Some people are just narrow minded and, as Luu said, can't adjust to the change of times that it's embarrassing for the rest of us facepalm Who cares about how you dress/look on the outside, what's important is on the inside Nina Wang

I'm sorry to hear that they're treating you like crap, Ghibs, hope there are other mosques with better people over there 8(
depression76
depression76
White Devil Worshiper
White Devil Worshiper

Bubuzuke points : 7627
Armitage GUTS!!! : 1396

http://daydreamwiththedragon.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by GhibliFreek Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:21 pm

depression76 wrote:
As a fellow muslim, I'm very ashamed to hear how these people treated you =__= Some people are just narrow minded and, as Luu said, can't adjust to the change of times that it's embarrassing for the rest of us facepalm Who cares about how you dress/look on the outside, what's important is on the inside Nina Wang

I'm sorry to hear that they're treating you like crap, Ghibs, hope there are other mosques with better people over there 8(

Ah thanks both of you...it is really upsetting that people can't change...I mean I can somewhat understand some of their thoughts on it especially if they have had a strict upbringing, but nonetheless it still hurts to be treated like this.

Unfortunately there are no mosques nearby now, that was the only "local" one. I will instead have to travel the joy of 30 miles to the nearest one on Fridays instead. Ah the things I do for Allah~ Razz
GhibliFreek
GhibliFreek
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Back to top Go down

Post by depression76 Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:33 pm

GhibliFreek wrote:Unfortunately there are no mosques nearby now, that was the only "local" one. I will instead have to travel the joy of 30 miles to the nearest one on Fridays instead. Ah the things I do for Allah~ Razz

:'3 I'm so proud of you.
And I feel kinda ashamed of myself because I'm not as religious to travel 30 miles away to pray orz.

But yea, back at my hometown, we have a story similar to yours. A regular in our mosque that has tattoo all over and, according to my mom, dresses like a rockstar from the '50s. It took a while to get used to him, but his perseverance of praying regularly while ignoring all the rude stare and whispers finally got the others to accept him, albeit you know, still kinda iffy to get close...

So yea, hang in there buddy, hopefully things will look up soon enough for you Mikoto Minagi
depression76
depression76
White Devil Worshiper
White Devil Worshiper

Bubuzuke points : 7627
Armitage GUTS!!! : 1396

http://daydreamwiththedragon.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by GhibliFreek Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:56 pm

depression76 wrote:
:'3 I'm so proud of you.
And I feel kinda ashamed of myself because I'm not as religious to travel 30 miles away to pray orz.

But yea, back at my hometown, we have a story similar to yours. A regular in our mosque that has tattoo all over and, according to my mom, dresses like a rockstar from the '50s. It took a while to get used to him, but his perseverance of praying regularly while ignoring all the rude stare and whispers finally got the others to accept him, albeit you know, still kinda iffy to get close...

So yea, hang in there buddy, hopefully things will look up soon enough for you Mikoto Minagi
*snort* I only make the effort because of course now it is no longer possible for me to attend the mosque once a day, so I should at the very least go on the friday, well in my mind anyway :)

it's really rather unfortunate how people still get judged so harshly in a place of peace and gathering based solely on their appearance...
I hope so too, thanks a lot uvu
GhibliFreek
GhibliFreek
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:48 pm

My parents were shocked at me dating a Indonesian who was Muslim for the first time. Even if they were against it, there's nothing they can do about it. Dance Dance Dance Dance Dance
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by shezaei-neko Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:19 pm

I bet they wanted you to date a Catholic girl, uh, Luu?

shezaei-neko
shezaei-neko
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

Bubuzuke points : 4088
Armitage GUTS!!! : 756

http://shezaei-neko.livejournal.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by ookamidesu Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:00 pm

My parents still don't know that I'm dating an Indonesian girl who is Muslim... I have a feeling the girl part might throw them off a little... >.>;;
ookamidesu
ookamidesu
Sexilicious Zhang-papa
Sexilicious Zhang-papa

Bubuzuke points : 8884
Armitage GUTS!!! : 1354

http://jnz5012.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:34 pm

shezaei-neko wrote:I bet they wanted you to date a Catholic girl, uh, Luu?

Bingo. And WHITE.

Not that I have anything against Catholic girls or white women, I've dated both. I LOVE BLONDS! *_* But Luu found a very special girl and that's all he needs to know or care about. :)

ookamidesu wrote:My parents still don't know that I'm dating an Indonesian girl who is Muslim... I have a feeling the girl part might throw them off a little... >.>;;

>.>;;; So true. Good luck on your end, Dye.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:25 pm

bump

Coming out stories and Gay/Lesbian Discussion LGBT - Page 11 Gayke210

Coming out to your parents isn't usually easy, but Tumblr user ellende-generes (real name: Laurel) did her best to make the conversation a piece of cake. Actually, make that a whole cake.

Fifteen-year-old Laurel posted a photo of a cake she made for her parents as a way of announcing that she is a lesbian. Loud and proud in bright green frosting, the cake reads, "I'm gay."

Accompanying the cake was a note:

good morning parents,

i'm gay. i've wanted to tell you for a long time. i thought doing it this way would be a piece of cake. i hope you still love me. i mean, it's hard not to love someone who baked you a cake.

all my friends know and still love me. your acceptance would be the icing on the cake.

i hope you, much like this cake, are not in tiers.

i hope we can look back on this and say "boy, this one really takes the cake."

it gets batter.

love, laurel (sorry for so many puns)

The coming-out cake did the job. Laurel posted an update saying, "My mom saw it and cried of happiness. We hugged and cried together. Then, we all ate the cake and talked. I am very luck to have such supporting parents and to have so much support from you guys. Thanks everyone! Have a gay day!"

[Related: Boy Scouts discuss lifting gay ban]

Her dad was supportive, too. "My dad saw the cake and came into me room and hugged me and laughed. He said he loved me and the cake and the letter and everything was perfect. Brb crying."

--

Interesting. What do you girls think? It's sweet, but the super understanding reaction must come from the long term suspicions by the parents. Not a bad thing, just kinda obvious.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by ookamidesu Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:11 pm

Omg! That is such a creative way to come out! And her letter was pretty amusing too. XDD
ookamidesu
ookamidesu
Sexilicious Zhang-papa
Sexilicious Zhang-papa

Bubuzuke points : 8884
Armitage GUTS!!! : 1354

http://jnz5012.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf-of-Wind Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:38 pm

ookamidesu wrote:Omg! That is such a creative way to come out! And her letter was pretty amusing too. XDD
^ Exactly how I felt :3
Wolf-of-Wind
Wolf-of-Wind
Coral student
Coral student

Bubuzuke points : 791
Armitage GUTS!!! : 78

http://winded-wolf.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:13 pm

Wolf-of-Wind wrote:
ookamidesu wrote:Omg! That is such a creative way to come out! And her letter was pretty amusing too. XDD
^ Exactly how I felt :3

Okay, okay. :'3 It was cute, I admit it. My head just spins thinking there are still understanding parents out there on this miserable little ball of water and dirt.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Kuga Natsuki Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:16 am

Damn, I could've done the same to my parents, but coming out as asexual. Too late Argh
Kuga Natsuki
Kuga Natsuki

Bubuzuke points : 9709
Armitage GUTS!!! : 593

http://stargazerium.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Daichi148 Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:44 pm

Curiously yesterday at this hour or so ... I was talking to my father about my gay side, I have to say that he was very open to hear me, even he prepared me lunch (I think it is clear that he does not live with me) We had never talked so openly, but yesterday was very good ... He even gave me money to go to a movie with someone :)
Daichi148
Daichi148
Coral student
Coral student

Bubuzuke points : 914
Armitage GUTS!!! : 23

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:49 pm

Nymphetamine wrote:Damn, I could've done the same to my parents, but coming out as asexual. Too late Argh

All parents love cake. lie cake

Daichi148 wrote:Curiously yesterday at this hour or so ... I was talking to my father about my gay side, I have to say that he was very open to hear me, even he prepared me lunch (I think it is clear that he does not live with me) We had never talked so openly, but yesterday was very good ... He even gave me money to go to a movie with someone :)

That's really nice, Dai. Razz
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Daichi148 Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:00 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:

All parents love cake. lie cake

I can not give my mother a cake ... she is diabetic Nina Wang
Daichi148
Daichi148
Coral student
Coral student

Bubuzuke points : 914
Armitage GUTS!!! : 23

Back to top Go down

Post by GhibliFreek Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:50 pm

Trans******************************************************shit is really getting on my nerves online tbh and the "community" on Tumblr is a joke
The only think keeping me alive is the idea that in ten years or so time I will be able to act like none of this shit ever happened, and that I may actually be able to cope with this hell
GhibliFreek
GhibliFreek
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:01 pm

GhibliFreek wrote:Trans******************************************************shit is really getting on my nerves online tbh and the "community" on Tumblr is a joke
The only think keeping me alive is the idea that in ten years or so time I will be able to act like none of this shit ever happened, and that I may actually be able to cope with this hell

I heard a lot of those transgendered and LGBT communities on tumblr are jokes. What's going on exactly?
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by GhibliFreek Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:38 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
GhibliFreek wrote:Trans******************************************************shit is really getting on my nerves online tbh and the "community" on Tumblr is a joke

I heard a lot of those transgendered and LGBT communities on tumblr are jokes. What's going on exactly?
LGB community mostly act like complete shits to trans people...and the trans community is filled with Facking special snowflakes and transtrenders making the rest of us look like a Facking freak show. I mean, y'know, with the main part of having Gender Identity Disorder, being actually, y'know, sick of your body because you hate it so much...it's amazing how many people you see running around yelling "BE PROUD OF YOUR BODY, EMBRACE YOUR BOOBS, LOVE YOUR VAG"
NO
GhibliFreek
GhibliFreek
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:28 am

GhibliFreek wrote:
LGB community mostly act like complete shits to trans people...and the trans community is filled with Facking special snowflakes and transtrenders making the rest of us look like a Facking freak show. I mean, y'know, with the main part of having Gender Identity Disorder, being actually, y'know, sick of your body because you hate it so much...it's amazing how many people you see running around yelling "BE PROUD OF YOUR BODY, EMBRACE YOUR BOOBS, LOVE YOUR VAG"
NO

Ugh, so much for understanding the deeper part of transgender from a psychological standpoint. "Be proud of what you have/who you are" doesn't work in some cases. I don't think people want self-pity, they just want an understanding of what they're going through with their bodies. Whether they reject them or not.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by aRANZa-tHAiR Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:22 pm

I have some friends trans and being honest, I admire them a lot ... by being themselves!

My story... well...
Since I was 13, I started to feel different from other girls. Now that I think ... in childhood, although was feel fine with the girls. I was not completely identified with them.

To discover me was a big surprise, I remember that I cried, not knowing what to do. Over time I started dating with girls and I enjoy that, my relationships almost always end fine.

When I told my parents ... They did not accept it, they shouted and insulted me a lot. My father gradually became more condescending, currently, to go out to eat with he and my last girlfriend :) My mother... well, she can't accept that, when I try speak about this, she gets out of control, it's a situation very regrettable, always I was thinking she would support me, we can talk about everything... (everything except my sexuality).
I know she needs time to digest everything. But it's almost seven years, the last time we discussed about it, she yelled at me: how could prefer to a woman over my family? That was not the case, but it hurt. I think my career is helpful No need to stick to any stereotype.

Nor am I a lesbian very common, I'm not LGBT pride marches, I don't like soccer, I haven't seen all 6 seasons of the L word, (of course, I respect the girls who identify with this ... or any way to express their sexuality) I think before be a lesbian I'm only a rare person. For the rest of my family, they are kept apart, for better or for worse, but his reaction is generally good, even one of my uncles helped me with a support group :)
aRANZa-tHAiR
aRANZa-tHAiR
HiME Ranger
HiME Ranger

Bubuzuke points : 172
Armitage GUTS!!! : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next