Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mai Multiverse Salute to LGBT

4 posters

Go down

Mai Multiverse Salute to LGBT Empty Mai Multiverse Salute to LGBT

Post by DuranDuran Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:35 am

So, this is going to be the writing thread for the: https://ltahime.forumotion.com/t73p320-announcements-by-the-five-columns

Now then, it's bascially you can write what ever. It doesn't just have to be for this event because I know some people need to talk and or speak to someone. So this is your chance to talk, even make sudjestions to others. What many don't realize is that the LGBT Community is bigger than we might think, all we have to do is look and ask and soon we have our own little family.

So here is my report I had to do in psychology. It was a responce paper we had to write on how we felt and anything else we wanted to add after watching these videos. One about homosexuality, transgender, and intersexed individuals. Please enjoy and let me know how you felt about it.

......Well damn, never mind I have to go searching for it. XP

If nothing else I'll ask my phycology teacher if I may have a copy back... Sorry about that guys. Please enjoy and write something yourself. Any thought here should be a free one. ^^ Gay Rainbow
DuranDuran
DuranDuran
HiME Ranger
HiME Ranger

Bubuzuke points : 235
Armitage GUTS!!! : 72

Back to top Go down

Mai Multiverse Salute to LGBT Empty Re: Mai Multiverse Salute to LGBT

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:18 pm

Anything written here will be read on the podcast/video presentation. Nice little idea, Duran.

Use this thread if necessary. Some of us are camera/microphone shy. Nao Yuuki
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Bubuzuke points : 42532
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2524

http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by depression76 Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:19 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote: Some of us are camera/microphone shy. Nao Yuuki
*cough*me*cough*

I'll see what I can do to contribute :3
depression76
depression76
White Devil Worshiper
White Devil Worshiper

Bubuzuke points : 7627
Armitage GUTS!!! : 1396

http://daydreamwiththedragon.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SpiralDasher Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:34 am

I'll have to gather my thoughts. ALL my thoughts. Covering each and every stupidly ridiculous "reason to fight homosexuality" I've heard. It'll take a while, but hopefully I can compile my thoughts together in a smooth paper/post... thingie.

I can't be held responsible if some of my own pent-up aggravation leaks out onto the page. If you see something I need to censor (read: make more politically correct or tone it down), feel free to say so, 'cuz I have a lot to say.
SpiralDasher
SpiralDasher
Coral student
Coral student

Bubuzuke points : 1200
Armitage GUTS!!! : 400

http://www.fanfiction.net/~littledemoninside

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:22 pm

Whatever you can contribute next month will be fine, ladies. Thanks. :)

SpiralDasher wrote:I can't be held responsible if some of my own pent-up aggravation leaks out onto the page. If you see something I need to censor (read: make more politically correct or tone it down), feel free to say so, 'cuz I have a lot to say.

No political correctness on my video, Dash. I want people to feel that this is real, not sugar coated.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by DuranDuran Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:27 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:

No political correctness on my video, Dash. I want people to feel that this is real, not sugar coated.

I think the subject of LGBT has been sugar coated enough. Natsuki Kuga

I mean it's becoming a really well known thing, but it doesn't excuse what happened to the people when the problem really started coming to life. People died because of it and no one would bat an eye at it untill now because people like us are taking a stand. Nao Yuuki
DuranDuran
DuranDuran
HiME Ranger
HiME Ranger

Bubuzuke points : 235
Armitage GUTS!!! : 72

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:24 pm

DuranDuran wrote:I mean it's becoming a really well known thing, but it doesn't excuse what happened to the people when the problem really started coming to life. People died because of it and no one would bat an eye at it untill now because people like us are taking a stand. Nao Yuuki

One could say this anti-bullying campaign started because of homosexual abuse and suicide. Bullying, while a different subject, can be connected with what homosexuals go through. I have gay friends who told me horror stories about their school years. What gets me is that is took almost an eternity to finally see bullying as a REAL problem.

Just say what you feel, ladies and gentlemen. We're not a multi-billion dollar corporation (yet...), we're a small group of people who love our straight, gay, bisexual, transgender, etc. brothers and sisters.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by SpiralDasher Thu May 10, 2012 9:52 am

Ha... this seemed to have turned more into a rant about gay marriage than "it gets better." Sorry. =( I didn't even address my thoughts and the arguments against gay couples adopting. >_____<

---------------------------------------------------------

Let me start off by saying this: it's okay to disagree with our lifestyle. We don't care about your opinions because they're personal and everyone is entitled to their own opinions. What we're upset about is when you use those personal opinions to deny fellow Americans their basic civil rights. And for what? So people you don't know and have no impact on your life whatsoever can't live happy lives with the men or women they love? So you can treat people like second-class citizens simply because of their sexual orientation?

"It's not natural."

If you actually did research, you'd find out that there are MANY different animals in the world that have some of their species participate in homosexual activities: giraffes, penguins, rams, black swans, primates, elephants- to name only a few. The homosexual black swans in particular have been shown to choose mates for life of their same sex. So no, while some species show dominance this way, or to show reconciliation, some do it because they've mated for life. Some rams choose another male sheep over a female one when put in the same pen. It's quite natural.

"There's no purpose for it."

Is there a purpose for left-handedness? Red hair? Perhaps there's a purpose for blue eyes? No, they're all genetic and natural, but there's no reason for it. Homosexuals are born as such and it's part of genetics. Personally, I follow the studies that think it's due to the size of one's left and right hemisphere in the brain: gay men have brains similar to straight women, and lesbians have brains similar in shape to straight men.

Also, it's been purposed that it might be nature's way of population control. When you remember that there are over seven billion humans in the world, the idea starts to sound plausible. The human not going extinct any time soon; ten percent of the whole human population not procreating will not bring about the extinction of mankind.

"You can choose to be gay."
- Some people 'choose to be gay for the attention.' or 'It's trendy.'

No. Those are not real homosexuals or bisexuals. An example of this would be "bisexual only in college." These are usually straight women trying to appeal to men by making out with women in front of guys.

To add to that: the main defense to keep Proposition 8, the one that showed 'documented evidence that gays could be given therapy to turn straight' or 'could pray the gay away,' was debunked by the published researcher himself! He himself said that published a false claim. The man who made the 'therapy sessions to turn straight' popular confessed that he himself is still gay and no amount of therapy would help. In fact, I'm pretty sure that's illegal for a psychiatric doctor.

"It's a mental disease."

No. In 1973, the American Psychiatric Association declassified homosexuality as a mental disorder because there is no proof that it's a mental disorder.

"It will lead to women marrying toasters and men marrying their dogs!"

… What the fuck are you smoking? Marriage should be between consenting adults of legal age. Animals cannot consent, inanimate objects aren't human, and for all the stupid people who this homosexuality is likened to pedophilia, a child is not of legal age and therefore not able to make that decision.

"What about polygamy and incestuous marriage?"

It would be hypocritical of me to deny them. Again, I'm allowed to dislike the idea of polygamy or incestuous marriage, but I should not be allowed to deny them of their happiness- so long as it's consensual in all members participating!

"It's only recently that homosexuality has been in society."

You've never studied up on Romans and Greeks then. The reason they 'didn't have' homosexuality is because it wasn't called homosexuality! It wasn't called anything! It was just another form of sex! It wasn't labeled like it is in today's society. Hell, they even had terms for who was on top and who was on bottom.

--

There, I think I covered what people say against homosexuality that doesn't involve religion. Even then, I shouldn't have to cover religious standpoints because religion is a personal thing that you should not be pushing onto others. Not every follows the same religion on you, and indeed, some do not follow religions at all. The United States is built on the separation of church and state, so religion should not come into play at all.

And yet is does, so here I go:

I'm going to be addressing the Christian crowd that is against homosexuality. Now, I know not all Christians think homosexuality is wrong, but this is addressing the one's that do. I also know that it's not only some Christians that take this stance, but some members of other religions, and some atheists and agnostics too. I'm specifically talking about Christians though, because those are the ones that actually speak up with their bigoted hate.

"It says in Leviticus and in a couple other places that one is to not lay with a man as with a woman- it is abomination."

In the surrounding passages, it also says shaving or trimming your beard is an 'abomination.' Eating shellfish is an 'abomination.' Wearing clothing made of two different fabrics is an 'abomination.' So, remind me again when was the last time you shaved your beard, you abomination.

Oh wait. That doesn't apply anymore? Since when are you to pick and choose what God considers sin? Or could it be that social standards have changed so these passages in the Old Testament are outdated? Then could it be that thinking homosexual activities and marriage are also *gasp!* outdated?! Yeah, you can't pick what can be followed and what can be dismissed in the same paragraphs of the Holy Bible, because that's called hypocrisy. If things haven't changed and we still followed everything in the Bible, men would still have concubines and fathers would still be allowed to legally daughters as slaves for money.

"Have you heard about the stories of Sodom and Gomorrah?"

Uh, you do realize those are stories about rape and how rape is wrong, correct? Rape in any form, straight, gay, whatever, is wrong. Only men arrived to rape the angels/"aliens"/traveler because, if you think about the time-frame that this was written in, sending a woman (who at this point in history were still submissive to men) to rape doesn't seem plausible. Lot even offered his two daughters to the potential rapists, who you're claiming to be homosexual men. The old man offered his daughter to the presumably homosexual men where they had their way with her during the night. Something doesn't seem to add up.

Because that vile, nasty act they're talking about is rape, not homosexuality.

Besides, the Scandinavians legalized gay marriage over twenty years ago, and I haven't seen any of their countries go up in flames.

"God created Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve."

Yes, and then somewhere along the line, some gene(s) mutated and one of their sons or daughters turned gay.

"Marriage is between a man and woman, and has always been as such."

Um, no. The concept of marriage (and yes, gay marriage!) predates the Abraham religions so Christianity has no claim over it. Documented unions like marriage are recorded for both opposite and same sex unions before Judaism and the like.

… And I can't think of any other religious reasons that have been made. If God is truly going to judge us, let us be judged by God himself in the afterlife. Most humans only get to live up to eight-five years tops, let them live that life loving the person they want, and if they're going to be sentenced to hell then they brought it amongst themselves. Why spend your short life worrying about what others are doing with their lives when you could be living your life happily.

I'm not religious, not even Christian, but I just don't understand why people need to control other people's lives? Why do they want to manipulate the freedom, take away one of their civil rights, of lives that don't have anything to do with their own. Don't like gay marriage? No one's forcing you to marry a gay person. But we're being forced to not marry at all. We don't want special treatment, we want the same treatment.

I just want to meet the woman of my dreams and live a long, happy life with her. I don't understand what's so bad about that.
SpiralDasher
SpiralDasher
Coral student
Coral student

Bubuzuke points : 1200
Armitage GUTS!!! : 400

http://www.fanfiction.net/~littledemoninside

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Tue May 15, 2012 2:22 pm

Sorry I didn't get around to this sooner, Dash. Everything you said is excellent and just what I'm looking for. Raw, uncut and from the heart. Thank you again.

---

I'd also like to leave this video (the rest of the parts are in the related section) for "Prayers for Bobby". A film about a homosexual boy who is caught between who he is and his religious mother. It's a very touching film that stars the legendary Sigourney Weaver of ALIENS. She plays the religious mother who tells her gay son that homosexuality is wrong, only to transform into a spokeswoman for all gay and lesbians. You'll see, it's a good watch whenever you have time.

Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down