Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Coming out stories and Gay/Lesbian Discussion LGBT

+38
Grawrr
Wolf-of-Wind
Cheshire Kat
Daichi148
Kiros Razer
*BlackRose*
Whirlwind Rose Quarts
Kuga Natsuki
shezaei-neko
burande fujino
BMeph
depression76
MidnightPersona
midori's crazy398
SpiralDasher
IlliterateKoi
magicmaster03
ATHENAx514
Yuri-hime
Chaglette
SulliMike23
Ice Silver Crystal
GoldenSun13
Amaya
cecirdr
Chibi Rachy
zanekal1
GhibliFreek
Kino karutta-chan
ookamidesu
Kara
Konaxookami
she-ga-roo
RedEyedWolf
Kicchu
Midori Sugiura99
Luu Sky Sapphire
SpiderNeKoHiME
42 posters

Page 10 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

Coming out stories and Gay/Lesbian Discussion LGBT - Page 10 Empty Re: Coming out stories and Gay/Lesbian Discussion LGBT

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:51 pm

depression76 wrote:*grabs piko piko hammer and hits Luu with it

/*o*\ What was that for, Ran Kotobuki?!
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Bubuzuke points : 42532
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2524

http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Coming out stories and Gay/Lesbian Discussion LGBT - Page 10 Empty Re: Coming out stories and Gay/Lesbian Discussion LGBT

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:57 am

bump

Bumped to hear some opinions on something I read about last night.

So...how about that Heterosexual awareness month? Trollface
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Daichi148 Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:10 pm

Well, Im bisexual, but I'm more comfortable in dating with girls. Is interersante dating guys, but it has happened to me in most cases. Only interested in a bed. and when they want something beyond. They are quick to saturate my patience. whether they call me incessantly. O come all the time asking where am I? with who.
Interestingly very manly guys like me, who have repeatedly been possessive. maybe that's why I prefer girls
Daichi148
Daichi148
Coral student
Coral student

Bubuzuke points : 914
Armitage GUTS!!! : 23

Back to top Go down

Post by shezaei-neko Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:03 pm

Heterosexual awareness month??
That's a huge piece of crap.
It's insulting for all the LGBT community.
It's as if you created the Catholic awareness month...it'd be as insulting to other religions.
shezaei-neko
shezaei-neko
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

Bubuzuke points : 4088
Armitage GUTS!!! : 756

http://shezaei-neko.livejournal.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheshire Kat Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:58 pm

shezaei-neko wrote:Heterosexual awareness month??
That's a huge piece of crap.
It's insulting for all the LGBT community.
It's as if you created the Catholic awareness month...it'd be as insulting to other religions.

What Shezaei said.

fack it. No one has ever been oppressed for being a heterosexual.
Cheshire Kat
Cheshire Kat
Coral student
Coral student

Bubuzuke points : 819
Armitage GUTS!!! : 219

Back to top Go down

Post by depression76 Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:28 pm

Hetero awareness month?
Don't we have that like every 12 months of the year?
depression76
depression76
White Devil Worshiper
White Devil Worshiper

Bubuzuke points : 7627
Armitage GUTS!!! : 1396

http://daydreamwiththedragon.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by shezaei-neko Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:14 pm

Apparently not...
shezaei-neko
shezaei-neko
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:07 pm

It's flattering to me. :) Such a month isn't needed though. I can speak for every heterosexual on the planet (me being the biggest heterosexual that ever lived) that we'll ALWAYS be accepted by parents, friends, bullies and overall society.

Stop wasting our time and help people who actually need awareness.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by shezaei-neko Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:16 pm

Ditto.
shezaei-neko
shezaei-neko
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:06 pm

There is some good news lately though:

American Psychiatric Association to stop classifying transgender people as having a mental illness

The revisions to the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders mirrors similar moves to declassify homosexuality as a mental illness in the USA in 1973.

Until now “gender identity disorder” was used to label people who are trans and this has been used as a basis for anti-equality campaigners to argue against the rights of trans people.

The new edition of Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders will label trans people as having “Gender Dysphoria,” a term to communicate the distress caused by “a marked incongruence between one’s experienced/expressed gender and assigned gender.” The aim is so that treatment can be offered without stigmatizing trans people as having a mental disorder.

Temple University psychology professor Frank Farley told CBS News that even though the change is an improvement; it’s not complete. “Significant decisions are made about people in the courts, in the mental health system, with insurers so we want it to be absolutely impeccable and so some of these aspects are not particularly solid science,” he said.

Last year, the European Parliament has passed a resolution calling for the World Health Organization to stop classifying transgender people as mentally ill.

‘Gender identity disorder’ is currently classified as a ‘mental and behavioral disorder’ in the WHO’s International Classification of Diseases.

Many transgender people and clinicians prefer to use the term ‘gender dysphoria’. While the causes are not yet known, research has suggested genetic and hormonal reasons.

The WHO’s International Classification of Diseases is currently under review with the next list to be finalized in 2015.

Until 1990, the body classed homosexuality as a mental illness.

Improvement. Every little bit counts. Gay Rainbow
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Daichi148 Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:47 am

Well... I can read this and I find it a little bit familiar. I consider myself not with dysphoria. Because my biological gender and gender my mind, are not as unequal ...
I should also say that I like playing with the issues of masculine and feminine, it amuses me when people do not even know how to talk to me, referring to me as a boy or girl. I always say, do not worry, it's the same ... I think you bind a man or a woman or gay or bisexual or asexual or lesbian or transgender or transsexual or whatever you want. I'm just a person. With so many flaws and virtues as we're here ...
Yesterday I was talking to my teacher of drawing and she said this is neither good nor bad is just something that is there.
Daichi148
Daichi148
Coral student
Coral student

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:06 pm

Daichi148 wrote:Well... I can read this and I find it a little bit familiar. I consider myself not with dysphoria. Because my biological gender and gender my mind, are not as unequal ...
I should also say that I like playing with the issues of masculine and feminine, it amuses me when people do not even know how to talk to me, referring to me as a boy or girl. I always say, do not worry, it's the same ... I think you bind a man or a woman or gay or bisexual or asexual or lesbian or transgender or transsexual or whatever you want. I'm just a person. With so many flaws and virtues as we're here ...
Yesterday I was talking to my teacher of drawing and she said this is neither good nor bad is just something that is there.

It doesn't matter in this case. I know exactly how I'd talk to you in person. I'd talk to you, as Luu Sky Sapphire talking to Daichi148. Dai is Dai. A person just like me.

Why society has trouble with something so simple, I'll never understand. Maybe like ookamidesu always says:

"Stupid people are stupid"

Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by GhibliFreek Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:33 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:There is some good news lately though:

American Psychiatric Association to stop classifying transgender people as having a mental illness

The revisions to the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders mirrors similar moves to declassify homosexuality as a mental illness in the USA in 1973.

Until now “gender identity disorder” was used to label people who are trans and this has been used as a basis for anti-equality campaigners to argue against the rights of trans people.

The new edition of Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders will label trans people as having “Gender Dysphoria,” a term to communicate the distress caused by “a marked incongruence between one’s experienced/expressed gender and assigned gender.” The aim is so that treatment can be offered without stigmatizing trans people as having a mental disorder.

Temple University psychology professor Frank Farley told CBS News that even though the change is an improvement; it’s not complete. “Significant decisions are made about people in the courts, in the mental health system, with insurers so we want it to be absolutely impeccable and so some of these aspects are not particularly solid science,” he said.

Last year, the European Parliament has passed a resolution calling for the World Health Organization to stop classifying transgender people as mentally ill.

‘Gender identity disorder’ is currently classified as a ‘mental and behavioral disorder’ in the WHO’s International Classification of Diseases.

Many transgender people and clinicians prefer to use the term ‘gender dysphoria’. While the causes are not yet known, research has suggested genetic and hormonal reasons.

The WHO’s International Classification of Diseases is currently under review with the next list to be finalized in 2015.

Until 1990, the body classed homosexuality as a mental illness.

Improvement. Every little bit counts. Gay Rainbow

While at first glance this may seem great, this development is actually majorly problematic in many cases due to the fact it is only classified as a dysphoria now.
This article explains the issue in full http://www.huffingtonpost.com/chase-strangio/gender-identity-disorder-dsm_b_2247081.html
but long story short, it is actually harder now to guarantee treatment and care for Transsexuals due to legal loopholes that have been created.
GhibliFreek
GhibliFreek
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Bubuzuke points : 2319
Armitage GUTS!!! : 498

https://www.youtube.com/user/Graipe?feature=mhum

Back to top Go down

Post by Daichi148 Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:54 pm

I confess that more than one time
I thought about using hormones...
but all the hormones in my country (and as far as I have researched) cause secondary effects that are not pleasant. Also, my body think it is more androgynous. I think regulation is needed in addition to the legal part. and the specialized medical services.
Daichi148
Daichi148
Coral student
Coral student

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:12 pm

GhibliFreek wrote:
While at first glance this may seem great, this development is actually majorly problematic in many cases due to the fact it is only classified as a dysphoria now.
This article explains the issue in full http://www.huffingtonpost.com/chase-strangio/gender-identity-disorder-dsm_b_2247081.html
but long story short, it is actually harder now to guarantee treatment and care for Transsexuals due to legal loopholes that have been created.

What's the situation really like at the moment in the U.K. In your opinion anyway, Freek?
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by GhibliFreek Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:55 pm

Oops kind of a huge rant
Spoiler:
GhibliFreek
GhibliFreek
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Back to top Go down

Post by Daichi148 Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:15 pm

In mexico attempts are being made, to reform the law. clinician will make a plan to follow a hormone. Most products are illegal, ranging between 200 and 5000 peso, depending on the formula, provenance, or will produce results, there are also specialized sexologists, but is very rare.
Daichi148
Daichi148
Coral student
Coral student

Back to top Go down

Post by IlliterateKoi Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:22 pm

GhibliFreek wrote:Oops kind of a huge rant
Spoiler:

I can definitely sympathise with the waiting for appointments thing -- I was on the priority waiting list to see a counsellor for 6 months, and in the end I only got to see someone when I put myself in hospital, which I'm assuming bumped me up to the top of the list. It's ridiculous that it had to get to that point before I could see anyone, and by that point they couldn't help me anyway and I had to be referred to a psychologist instead.

But I suppose there are just a lot of people needing the service and I'm not sure what they can realistically do about it.

As for the waiting in regards to hormone treatment I have to agree that the process seems stupidly long in some cases and the cost of going private is far too expensive for most people. I know a couple of my friends had to wait years before they could start hormones :/ I hope you don't have to wait much longer than you are currently anticipating Ghibli : (
IlliterateKoi
IlliterateKoi
Goldfish wanker of Camelot
Goldfish wanker of Camelot

Bubuzuke points : 4261
Armitage GUTS!!! : 441

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf-of-Wind Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:47 am

When it comes to my parents and my friends, I just out right said it and there hasn't been any issues or anything. Some of my friends say that they don't really care whether I'm gay or not, and say their okay talking with me about it (though they seem to change subject rather quickly...)
My parents don't mind. They just worry because they know it's a harder lifestyle.
My sister... it was hard to tell her. I actually waited to tell her about two years after I decided that I was a lesbian, and by then I had already told my parents and my closest friends. When actually went out to eat at her favorite restaurant -- just the two of us -- and we sat down and talked for a little while. I paused, nervous, and told her that I had something I needed to tell her. I hesitated, but ended up telling her. She was surprised, asked me if I was joking, and simply processed, but she's perfectly fine with it. She was kinda miffed that I waited so long to tell her, though :)
She told me later that when I hesitated before telling her, she almost said, jokingly, "What? Are you gay or something?"
She was glad that she hadn't said that. We had a good laugh about it later. :)
I still haven't told my brother and his wife yet... Not sure when that's gonna happen.
Wolf-of-Wind
Wolf-of-Wind
Coral student
Coral student

Bubuzuke points : 791
Armitage GUTS!!! : 78

http://winded-wolf.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by GhibliFreek Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:27 pm

I was worried about Christmas, especially after only recently explaining my situation to my nana.
But you know what, for the most part it was Facking awesome...
I got all but one card with my (now legally changed) name on it.
And tht was only from people I haven't told, so I didn't expect it (besides they're sweet and adorable and they even sent me £10)
But one thing that ticked me off immensely? Having to go over one of my Aunt's and then listening to her and her mother calling me the wrong name, using the wrong pronouns...and I got a card from my nanny saying ' To my "almost" grandson' on the front. Did she really need to add that?
My dysphoria has been pretty shit since that day but you know what, fack it I have my appointment for the end of january to go see the therapists about these Facking Hormone Blockers.
GhibliFreek
GhibliFreek
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Back to top Go down

Post by *BlackRose* Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:10 pm

I came out to my family it was real easy to it just that there reactions were not what I expected heres how it went
Me: mom im gay
Mom: ok but if they don't buy you dinner then they have the clap
Brother: yep they ether have the clap or blue waffle
Me: O.O you can't just say that if they don't bu
Mom: wait whats Blue Waffle
Me:O.O
Brother: O.O It's when a women **************** (refuse to put what he said)
Mom: well anyway if they don't buy you dinner they have the clap or blue waffle
and thats how our conversation ended sweatdrop
*BlackRose*
*BlackRose*
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Bubuzuke points : 1157
Armitage GUTS!!! : 54

Back to top Go down

Post by Daichi148 Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:34 pm

*BlackRose* wrote:I came out to my family it was real easy to it just that there reactions were not what I expected heres how it went
Me: mom im gay
Mom: ok but if they don't buy you dinner then they have the clap
Brother: yep they ether have the clap or blue waffle
Me: O.O you can't just say that if they don't bu
Mom: wait whats Blue Waffle
Me:O.O
Brother: O.O It's when a women **************** (refuse to put what he said)
Mom: well anyway if they don't buy you dinner they have the clap or blue waffle
and thats how our conversation ended sweatdrop

well ... my mother told me:
already told you that I fight with my boss at work?
Daichi148
Daichi148
Coral student
Coral student

Back to top Go down

Post by Grawrr Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:11 am

This quite the interesting topic.

I'm 21, almost 22, I finally came out 2 hours ago.. My father is indifferent about that kind of thing. Now my mom.. She hates them, her views are only a man and a woman should be together. It's to be expected of her. Considering that until she was 14 her religion was Jehovah's Witness. She left that religion, but still has those views on it. So my mom's side of the family shares that view. Their attitude towards homosexuality is similar to essentially all other conservative religious groups. They require that both homosexual behavior and feelings be suppressed. That is:
-Gays and lesbians must remain celibate.
-Bisexuals must not engage in same-sex behavior.
-Any opposite-sex behavior must be restricted to one man and one woman who are married to each other.
-Jesus' stated that to obsessively lust after another person is to commit adultery with them in your heart. Conservative Christian groups generally ignore the term "obsessively;" it does not appear in Bible translations, even though it is in the original Greek. Thus they expect a gay or lesbian to suppress or distract themselves from their desire, longing, feelings of attraction, love, sexual fantasies etc. towards others of the same sex.
-The WTS would not recognize a same-sex marriage as legitimizing two sexually active men or two women living together.

I was always attracted to women, even when I was young. I was also attracted to men, I even dated some, though they never lasted long. However, with men it's just attraction, nothing more. I mean there are some good looking fellows out there, but does that mean I wanna pounce on them? No. Unfortunately, due to my mother unintentionally(?) drilling in my head that men and women should be together. Also constantly asking me do you have a boyfriend, he's cute, is he your boyfriend. My family members would also ask me that question. Lots of times I just wanted to scream I PREFER WOMEN! But that wouldn't have ended well. I became ashamed of myself for my preference. I started dating men, hoping that maybe I'd grow to love men more. It sounds horrible, but I did have a interest in them when I dated, yet it never went beyond that. No desire and no attraction to do anything, plus other reasons got in the way. I am a rape victim, men I always felt uncomfortable dating them and all that. It just shows how much I wanted to fit into my family. My ex-girlfriend helped me accept that it happened, but the fear is still there, and I'm sure it will always be. Then there's the guilt that drove me crazy. I've only dated 2 men in grade 11. They only lasted 1-2 weeks. One guy ended it himself. He wanted a girl to satisfy his needs. I told him I wasn't ready for that stuff, he still tried to stick his hand down my pants. So I punched him, he said it's over and walked away. He stole my line. Later on in grade 11, I met a girl through a friend.. We ended up getting together and stayed together for almost 2 years. During that time I wanted to tell them, but just couldn't. My fear would always stop me, so I kept my mouth shut. When that relationshit went to hell, my desire to tell them just disappeared. About.. 7 months ago I met a someone at work, I had taken an interest in him. He was a really sweet, caring guy. He asked me out, I said no. I told him of my preferences, also other issues regarding men. He was kind about it, and offered to take it slow. Not dating just kind of introducing me into it I guess you could say. It didn't work, he accepted that.

Now the coming out story.. I still live with my parents, several issues came up regarding moving out. Anywho, I always knew that out of my parents, my mom would be the harder one to come out to. My dad is outta town for work. My mom is home and her twin came over to visit. We all had some drinks, well them more than I. I was contemplating telling them about it. I knew that if my aunt was there it'd be easier, yet I was still hesitating. My mom is a fan of Tegan and Sara, who are openly gay. Their song Closer came on, so I took that as a sign. I told them that Tegan and Sara are gay. We got into debate about it. They both said that a man and a woman should be together. I told them, that I believe if you really click with someone, gender shouldn't matter.. My belief is how I am. My mom was trying to persuade me saying lady fumi believes man and woman blah blah. My eyes started tearing up because I hated seeing my mom cry, very few things can make her cry, it just hurt that this was one of them. My aunt shares those beliefs like my mom, but my gut about having her there was right. She was the voice of reason between my mom and I. She said that even though we may not understand it, there are others like her. I understand what you are going through, but just think of what your daughter is dealing with, having kept this in for so long. She is still the Jackie we know and love. Your daughter is still the same, this doesn't change anything. My mom agreed with her, and told me I always had a suspicion you were, but it's different hearing you say it, you know how I am, I just need time to get my head around it.

And ta-da that was well that. Arika Yumemiya
Grawrr
Grawrr
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Bubuzuke points : 1234
Armitage GUTS!!! : 67

Back to top Go down

Post by Kuga Natsuki Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:19 am

What a story! I admire you :) You're a strong lady, Grawrr pokemon
Kuga Natsuki
Kuga Natsuki
Space Samurai Marshall Banana
Space Samurai Marshall Banana

Bubuzuke points : 9709
Armitage GUTS!!! : 593

http://stargazerium.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Grawrr Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:25 am

I don't think I'm strong at all, but thank you for your kind words! :D
Grawrr
Grawrr
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Bubuzuke points : 1234
Armitage GUTS!!! : 67

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next