Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Coming out stories and Gay/Lesbian Discussion LGBT

+38
Grawrr
Wolf-of-Wind
Cheshire Kat
Daichi148
Kiros Razer
*BlackRose*
Whirlwind Rose Quarts
Kuga Natsuki
shezaei-neko
burande fujino
BMeph
depression76
MidnightPersona
midori's crazy398
SpiralDasher
IlliterateKoi
magicmaster03
ATHENAx514
Yuri-hime
Chaglette
SulliMike23
Ice Silver Crystal
GoldenSun13
Amaya
cecirdr
Chibi Rachy
zanekal1
GhibliFreek
Kino karutta-chan
ookamidesu
Kara
Konaxookami
she-ga-roo
RedEyedWolf
Kicchu
Midori Sugiura99
Luu Sky Sapphire
SpiderNeKoHiME
42 posters

Page 3 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

Coming out stories and Gay/Lesbian Discussion LGBT - Page 3 Empty Re: Coming out stories and Gay/Lesbian Discussion LGBT

Post by GhibliFreek Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:20 pm

I freaking LOVE that anime |D so awesome, (Nadieeeeee~)

I dont hate men, I have quite a few male friends, all are pretty epic to be honest.

I dont think it BECAUSE they are religious, its just that they are the religious type that believe that its wrong, which just PISSES ME OFF.......
Go figure

And thanks a lot Luu, it nice being able to talk to people about this sorta stuff, without fear of being pelted to death by maths books....
GhibliFreek
GhibliFreek
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Bubuzuke points : 2319
Armitage GUTS!!! : 498

https://www.youtube.com/user/Graipe?feature=mhum

Back to top Go down

Coming out stories and Gay/Lesbian Discussion LGBT - Page 3 Empty Re: Coming out stories and Gay/Lesbian Discussion LGBT

Post by Guest Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:21 pm

I love all my male friends, although they have tried to ask me out, to no avail xD

I hooked them up with my friends though, and one's even engaged.

Back to top Go down

Post by GhibliFreek Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:04 pm

XD THE FOOLS Razz

aww, thats so awesome for them >w< go you!
GhibliFreek
GhibliFreek
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:24 am

GhibliFreek wrote:And thanks a lot Luu, it nice being able to talk to people about this sorta stuff, without fear of being pelted to death by maths books....

Someone has to see the bright side of things. ^_~ There are people who have their harsh opinions on homosexuality, I just don't agree with them.

Hollowed-Words wrote:I love all my male friends, although they have tried to ask me out, to no avail xD

lol I never asked any lesbian (who I knew for sure IS a lesbian) out, except one. Thanks to our long history and a very open mind, she's mine. <3

Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Bubuzuke points : 42532
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2524

http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by GhibliFreek Thu Dec 23, 2010 4:43 pm

o___O
Okayyy.........I came out to my mum today...and it was a tad surreal....
I havent seen her cry that much since my dad died...so I was terrified I had wrecked everything...But it turns out she is happy that I can be so honest about myself.....so yes...A TAD CONFUSED
but tbh...I have admitted my sexuality to my mother.....NOTHING CAN SCARE ME NOW XDD
GhibliFreek
GhibliFreek
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Thu Dec 23, 2010 5:14 pm

GhibliFreek wrote:NOTHING CAN SCARE ME NOW XDD

Spoiler:

>.>

You did the right thing. You were honest about it and that's all any parent could ever hope for. Part of growing up, y'know?
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by GhibliFreek Thu Dec 23, 2010 5:35 pm

OHSHIT I HATE CLOWNS DAMNIT LU! XDDD

Indeed.....a scary ass part of growing up....shame about my short stature
GhibliFreek
GhibliFreek
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Sun Dec 26, 2010 12:06 am

GhibliFreek wrote:OHSHIT I HATE CLOWNS DAMNIT LU! XDDD

Indeed.....a scary ass part of growing up....shame about my short stature

🤡 Embrace the fear.

So, it's been days now. How are things between you and your mama now? Better than ever? :)
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by GhibliFreek Sun Dec 26, 2010 5:05 pm

things are fine with me and mum ^^
its just the rest of the family mum gets worried about XDDD
for example i had my nan round today and she did the usual "So, any nice men you have your eye on"
I could see my mum trying not to laugh in the background and I think i had the same sort of expression judging by her reaction....
GhibliFreek
GhibliFreek
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Sun Dec 26, 2010 10:33 pm

GhibliFreek wrote:things are fine with me and mum ^^
its just the rest of the family mum gets worried about XDDD
for example i had my nan round today and she did the usual "So, any nice men you have your eye on"
I could see my mum trying not to laugh in the background and I think i had the same sort of expression judging by her reaction....

lol To her, it's just funny how life turns out sometimes. Parents learn that things don't always go their way. Choosing who you wanna be with is almost like freedom. Like a famous crab once said:

"Chee-dren got to be free to lead der own lives."
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by zanekal1 Sun Dec 26, 2010 11:43 pm

My coming out story

I have known I was gay for as far back as I can remember I didn't know it was being gay untill I was older I just knew when I grew up I was going to have a wife and kids I had crushes on other girls growing up

as I got older I figured out what it was and how most people in the area I grew up in felt about it as I had some other things to deal with even thiking of dating didn't come into mind untill the end of my Jr. year of high school when I told my best friend. we went for walks almost every night to talk about school our parents his latest crush ect.. and so I got all geared up to tell him one night being all serious about it "I have something to tell you and it's kind of hard so" "your gay" he interupted uh yeah oh I knew forever ago. so I came out to the rest of my friends at school the reactions were mostly positive some a bit weird "You know the first time I saw you I though you were really Hot but then I found out you were a girl" or other friends that were girls being overtly sexual towards me after words. my little brothers girlfriend asked me out on a date which I promply refused. I went to home coming, sadie hawkins, spring fling and the sr. dinner dance with a same sex date as I belived and still do that I had just as much right to go with the date of my choice as any one else. the only thing said to me by any staff was a teacher I had the year before came into one of my classes and told me my date and I made a really cute couple. I didn't really have problems at school about it and sadly I know this is the exception to the rule.

This is my homecoming picture
Coming out stories and Gay/Lesbian Discussion LGBT - Page 3 April_10

This is from the Sr. Dinner dance
Coming out stories and Gay/Lesbian Discussion LGBT - Page 3 Marjor10

over that summer I finaly told my mom and her reaction was "yeah your therapist told me you probably would be" WTH?? when my grandmother found out all she said was "but your so good with kids" my brothers and sister have been very supportive and my extended family knows but at least to me they just treat it as normal. At the end of the day you have to be true to yourself and know that just because you are diffrent you still have the same right to be happy as any one else on this planet.
zanekal1
zanekal1
Looks like a Yukino tastes like a Chie

Bubuzuke points : 628
Armitage GUTS!!! : 248

http://krypton619.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Mon Dec 27, 2010 12:47 pm

zanekal1 wrote:At the end of the day you have to be true to yourself and know that just because you are diffrent you still have the same right to be happy as any one else on this planet.

Ameneth.

Thanks for sharing your story. So many girls out there wish they could have a same sex coupling at one of these school gatherings. Either they're scared of the reaction or just aren't allowed (blame the conservative religious peeps who chaperone these events?)
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by zanekal1 Mon Dec 27, 2010 2:46 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:. So many girls out there wish they could have a same sex coupling at one of these school gatherings. Either they're scared of the reaction or just aren't allowed (blame the conservative religious peeps who chaperone these events?)

Honestly I think I got away with it for the most part because I was so "butch" and they didn't know it was two girls and the ones that did didn't care.
zanekal1
zanekal1

Back to top Go down

Post by GhibliFreek Mon Dec 27, 2010 4:17 pm

awww, Zane thats a really awesome thing that happened to you right there, I am glad you got to go to so many events with the one you wanted, and that so many have been accepting of it.

And the fact your therapist told your mother does seem a bit odd, but at the end of the day you are happy adn they are accepting of you :D

---

...I just told some of my friends (I blame truth or dare)
And the reactions were all very positive thank god XDD
Some where downright hilarious though.
"OH F**K SAKE WHY ARE ALL THE CUTE ONES GAY!?"
"sweet.....Can I Go babe spotting with you then!?"
"....WERE YOU CHECKING ME OUT DURING PE THEN!??!"

AH, I love these jerks ;v;
GhibliFreek
GhibliFreek
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:41 pm

GhibliFreek wrote:...I just told some of my friends (I blame truth or dare)
And the reactions were all very positive thank god XDD
Some where downright hilarious though.
"OH F**K SAKE WHY ARE ALL THE CUTE ONES GAY!?"
"sweet.....Can I Go babe spotting with you then!?"
"....WERE YOU CHECKING ME OUT DURING PE THEN!??!"

AH, I love these jerks ;v;

^_~ Congrats, you have confirmed that they're true friends. I love you
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Chibi Rachy Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:47 am

I didn't figure things out until college, though prior to that there are small things that would hint at it. I met this girl online (we never did meet in person), but she really threw me for a loop and had me questioning things. I did figure it out, and it made a heck of a lot of sense to me when I did. This was back in the fall of '06.

Of course, I did it stupidly when I came out to my parents. Told 'em I was bisexual and I'm not exactly sure why I did that. I think it was to go easy on them. I eventually fixed that mistake. My parents are cool with it now, as are my siblings. My sister's friends all know apparently, little twerp. XD She has a boyfriend now and they were apparently talking. The boyfriend's brother is gay and she was all "We have something in common! My sister is too!"

At college, I was always open about who I was and when a girlfriend came to visit, I treated her like my girlfriend. It was a lot of fun really. My friends never minded.

When I came back home, I was open to anyone who asked. I'm not out at work because this is a conservative area, and I don't have tenure yet. I'd rather not lose my job over that at this point, because sexual orientation is not protected under the discrimination policy here. If my students were to ask me, I'd tell them honestly. They already know how brutal I get with them when they use gay or other such terms in the classroom. I'm sure one day they'll figure out why Miss B wasn't married or had a boyfriend. My coworkers...some figured it out and I'm not sure how. I think about 3 of the staff know and they don't care, but they'd be the ones I'd expect not to care. I'm not sure how it'd be taken if some of the others found out. I suppose it's wait and see.

I'm not out to relatives. The one side I see but once a year and the other side we have sort of disowned. Long story. Mom knows they're dying for her to tell them though because they've not seen me with a boyfriend since I was a teenager. Of course, if they asked, I'd tell.

So that's my story :D
Chibi Rachy
Chibi Rachy
Sibylla Aurea of Simoun Fanfic

Bubuzuke points : 479
Armitage GUTS!!! : 174

http://chibirachy.livejournal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Fri Dec 31, 2010 3:59 pm

That was really something, Rachy. Thanks for sharing your story, but it must be tough in the classrooms. I mean, "gay" is tossed around a lot these days as a replacement slang for the word "stupid". How do you handle jokes about homosexuals in school? What's your definition of brutal. ^_~
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Chibi Rachy Fri Dec 31, 2010 5:02 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:That was really something, Rachy. Thanks for sharing your story, but it must be tough in the classrooms. I mean, "gay" is tossed around a lot these days as a replacement slang for the word "stupid". How do you handle jokes about homosexuals in school? What's your definition of brutal. ^_~

My kids don't toss it around too much. By brutal I mean the last time a student used the term (he was refusing to work), I got on his case...you could have heard a pin drop in my room by the end. Basically they're told that's not an appropriate term to use and that it's disrespectful to those who are gay. In terms like that.
Chibi Rachy
Chibi Rachy

Bubuzuke points : 479
Armitage GUTS!!! : 174

http://chibirachy.livejournal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ookamidesu Fri Dec 31, 2010 7:15 pm

Haha... my family tosses that around like that.

I don't say anything to my older cousin because I havent told him about me yet though. But when people who know about me do that, I tell them.

One time, my sister was playing scrabble and she said "my letters are so gay!"
To which, I replied "So you must have awesome letters, huh?"
And she replied, "No, they suck."
Me, "Then don't use 'gay'. "

I'm not a particular hard-ass about that, but sometimes, i thinks the connotation should be dissolved... starting with the people who we are close to. :D

XP
ookamidesu
ookamidesu
Sexilicious Zhang-papa
Sexilicious Zhang-papa

Bubuzuke points : 8884
Armitage GUTS!!! : 1354

http://jnz5012.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by SpiderNeKoHiME Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:33 am

im also proud of our transsexual crowd :)
SpiderNeKoHiME
SpiderNeKoHiME
Spider Queen
Spider Queen

Bubuzuke points : 1353
Armitage GUTS!!! : 278

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:43 pm

I don't have many transsexual friends, but the two I know are doing much better now. One of them is married now. Just takes a little love and support from others to go the distance. :D
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by cecirdr Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:38 pm

My coming out was horrible. I grew up in nowhere Mississippi during the 70s and graduated college in the mid-80s. The nation as a whole was much less tolerant MS even less so. Heck, until college I had no idea that there was anyone else in the world like myself. There was no internet back then and no progressive bookstores where I would have stumbled onto a way to know that I wasn’t alone. Oddly enough, I attended an all women’s college (oh the irony) and met a few girls who were lesbian. I didn’t date them or anyone for that matter. The whole notion of gayness was too new of a concept for me to even begin to compute. So I sublimated that “energy” (like that euphemism?) into my classes, made A’s and got into a good grad school. But during my last year of college I made a friend that I totally fell for. She was smarter than me…definitely prettier (guys fell all over her) and for some reason she wanted me for a friend. But over time it got harder and harder for me to be around her. So I guess you could say I was a clueless Natsuki for years, then I got to role play Shizuru for a year (minus the homicidal psychopathic breakdown or course). Yay me. Finally I couldn’t stand it anymore. I felt I owed it to her ...and to me... to be honest so that I could get an answer and move on with my life. So I confessed. I lost a friend. She never spoke to me again.

But regarding my family, it was happier. I ignored saying anything until one day my mom finally asked me if I was gay. I nodded and she just said that she figured I must be. She told my aunt who proceeded to announce it to the entire extended family. Haahaha! (She’s a loveable busybody though). I have a cousin who’s also lesbian and she came out fairly early compared to me. So no one in my family was bothered about it. It seemed to just be a factoid to them…like if they were to discover I had a tattoo. (I don’t). And just like a tattoo though, it’s not something that’s talked about. The do always ask how my girlfriend is doing and make sure to include her in family events though.

To this day, I don’t advertise my orientation (I ended up moving back to the South. I was more open during the 20 years I lived up north or out west). But most of the people I know beyond mere acquaintance level do know about me. We just don't talk about it because it's not the primary way that I identify myself.
cecirdr
cecirdr
Fuuka Academy Student
Fuuka Academy Student

Bubuzuke points : 40
Armitage GUTS!!! : 13

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:44 pm

cecirdr wrote:So I guess you could say I was a clueless Natsuki for years, then I got to role play Shizuru for a year (minus the homicidal psychopathic breakdown or course). Yay me. Finally I couldn’t stand it anymore. I felt I owed it to her ...and to me... to be honest so that I could get an answer and move on with my life. So I confessed. I lost a friend. She never spoke to me again.

You think you had it messed up? Try confessing not only my feelings, but my gender to someone who was intolerant of men. I've grown to dislike, almost hate people who look at someone and see the mere surface. Nobody truly sees what's really there anymore. There are a lot of good people out there who seek love.

My point is, you and I did the right thing. We expressed ourselves to someone and it revealed the truth that these people were completely wrong for us. They were wrong the entire time. Now that I found someone right for me, willing to accept me and love me back, I'm never letting go. I've dated countless girls, but they all had the same problem. They aren't Midori-sama.

Enough rambling, thank you for sharing your story. I'm proud of my homosexual members. While you're on my forum, embrace who you are. Be yourself. :)

Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by zanekal1 Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:41 pm

cecirdr wrote:To this day, I don’t advertise my orientation (I ended up moving back to the South. I was more open during the 20 years I lived up north or out west). But most of the people I know beyond mere acquaintance level do know about me. We just don't talk about it because it's not the primary way that I identify myself.

I see being gay like having blue eyes it just is and does not define what kind of a person I am. I have met many gay people who chose to define their life by orientation. It's nice to find other people who are the same way
zanekal1
zanekal1

Back to top Go down

Post by cecirdr Sat Jan 22, 2011 5:54 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
You think you had it messed up? Try confessing not only my feelings, but my gender to someone who was intolerant of men. I've grown to dislike, almost hate people who look at someone and see the mere surface. Nobody truly sees what's really there anymore. There are a lot of good people out there who seek love.

Yeah, I'm wondering why some people seem to have such man hate. The girl who rejected me after I confessed to her seemed to have a bad case of that. She must have been really conflicted...straight, but having so much animosity toward men. Go figure. I'm lesbian, but really like men. Perhaps she attracted the wrong type of men to her, but for some reason, I've tended to only end up around nifty guys??
cecirdr
cecirdr
Fuuka Academy Student
Fuuka Academy Student

Bubuzuke points : 40
Armitage GUTS!!! : 13

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next