Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is Sunrise officially done with Mai-franchise

+2
Luu Sky Sapphire
Highman
6 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Is Sunrise officially done with Mai-franchise

Is Sunrise officially done with Mai-franchise - Page 2 Vote_lcap229%Is Sunrise officially done with Mai-franchise - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 29% 
[ 5 ]
Is Sunrise officially done with Mai-franchise - Page 2 Vote_lcap271%Is Sunrise officially done with Mai-franchise - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 71% 
[ 12 ]

Total Votes : 17

Is Sunrise officially done with Mai-franchise - Page 2 Empty Re: Is Sunrise officially done with Mai-franchise

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Sun Jun 08, 2014 10:59 pm

Highman wrote:If the do release it Blu-ray by fall including New Mai-project coming soon and that's my projection to this then Sunrise is willing to cash the dough like kings

I agree! It's a possible set up that is similar to Viz Media with Sailor Moon. Announcement + Release + New series announcement. FUNimation and Sunrise would make me super happy with a new Mai-HiME/Otome series, no matter how it's presented.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Bubuzuke points : 42532
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2524

http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Is Sunrise officially done with Mai-franchise - Page 2 Empty Re: Is Sunrise officially done with Mai-franchise

Post by DiamondLady Mon Jun 09, 2014 5:36 am

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
Highman wrote:If the do release it Blu-ray by fall including New Mai-project coming soon and that's my projection to this then Sunrise is willing to cash the dough like kings

I agree! It's a possible set up that is similar to Viz Media with Sailor Moon. Announcement + Release + New series announcement. FUNimation and Sunrise would make me super happy with a new Mai-HiME/Otome series, no matter how it's presented.

that would be awesome if they really do this!!I can't wait, I'm so happy right now Mikoto Minagi 
And fall isn't far away anymore yay! But they didn't really announce when exactly they will release the Blu-ray right?
I still can't believe we'll maybe getting more SHIZNAT!!! kawaiidesuplz 
DiamondLady
DiamondLady
Fuuka Academy Student
Fuuka Academy Student

Bubuzuke points : 31
Armitage GUTS!!! : 11

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:30 pm

DiamondLady wrote:that would be awesome if they really do this!!I can't wait, I'm so happy right now Mikoto Minagi 
And fall isn't far away anymore yay! But they didn't really announce when exactly they will release the Blu-ray right?
I still can't believe we'll maybe getting more SHIZNAT!!! kawaiidesuplz 

Not yet, Lady. That's why I'd advise you all to keep watch on FUNimation's website, Facebook or better yet, their Coming Soon section here:

http://www.funimation.com/schedule/dvd-blu-ray (DVD & Blu-ray Release Schedule - FUNimation)

My-HiME/Otome will eventually pop up.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Ice Silver Crystal Tue Jun 10, 2014 5:44 pm

the blu rays are really pretty o.o
never seen them before, when did they come out?
Ice Silver Crystal
Ice Silver Crystal
Kruger Wolf Pack Puppy
Kruger Wolf Pack Puppy

Bubuzuke points : 1340
Armitage GUTS!!! : 485

Back to top Go down

Post by Highman Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:41 pm

Ice Silver Crystal wrote:the blu rays are really pretty o.o

Those are imports from Japan and look really awesome in blu-ray. There's no timetable with Funi releasing as of right now but assume to say it could around fall or winter time both HiME/Otome.
Highman
Highman
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 634
Armitage GUTS!!! : 113

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Wed Jun 11, 2014 7:31 pm

Ice Silver Crystal wrote:the blu rays are really pretty o.o

They've been out for a while now. If you want to get the Japanese blu rays, I wouldn't recommend it unless you've got the cash. They range in the $200-300 usually. Like Highman mentioned, just be patient for the FUNimation releases.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Highman Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:17 pm

I'm going to make short and sweet.

We all thought Sunrise was going to announce new Mai-HiME series project for it's anniversary. Guess what,"NOTHING" came out from Sunrise and now lot of fans very angry and disappointed of this outcome.

The franchise is in limbo right now and still no progress on the new series. I am very displeased about this and everyone has a right to express this issue with Sunrise.

I am not happy camper this week and others who are anticipating this announcement for it's 10th anniversary.
Highman
Highman
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:40 pm

Highman wrote:I'm going to make short and sweet.

We all thought Sunrise was going to announce new Mai-HiME series project for it's anniversary. Guess what,"NOTHING" came out from Sunrise and now lot of fans very angry and disappointed of this outcome.

The franchise is in limbo right now and still no progress on the new series. I am very displeased about this and everyone has a right to express this issue with Sunrise.

I am not happy camper this week and others who are anticipating this announcement for it's 10th anniversary.

Fans dissatisfied with Sunrise right now, certainly have the right to rant about it. Honestly, I knew they wouldn't release anything new. Usually upcoming projects are announced ahead of time, in honor of an anniversary. Nanoha is getting another anime series recently, but it was announced way ahead of time.

Again, I think Mai-HiME/Otome having more content in the future will depend on FUNimation's re-release sales and response. As you know, I'll be promoting that like crazy. Yeah, it sucks to have no new projects come around, but I'm satisfied with what we have right now. Better knowing it's going to be released again on official streaming and home video, where fans can watch it and gain instant access to the series forever; without resorting to bittorents and illegal streaming sites (the casual viewers). Shizuru Fujino The best Mai-fans own the Japanese DVDs, blu rays and Bandai Entertainment's releases as so:

Is Sunrise officially done with Mai-franchise - Page 2 Collection

GRANDE CHIE : TA DA!

Even the most popular of anime series like Cowboy Bebop or the insanely great Madoka Magica, never had this many releases. I'm just saying that we were given A LOT with Mai-HiME/Otome and that's just the North American home video market! If any series needs a serious boost it's Fushigi Yuugi. An anime masterpiece that still doesn't have it's two (and quite crucial) prequel stories in anime form yet. There's always something out there that needs a new something. You said a while ago on the Facebook group that even Noir needed a sequel series, and that's older than Mai-HiME/Otome! Viola So rant away, but I'll remain patient and love my bbys on a routine basis.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Highman Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:12 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:

Fans dissatisfied with Sunrise right now, certainly have the right to rant about it. Honestly, I knew they wouldn't release anything new. Usually upcoming projects are announced ahead of time, in honor of an anniversary. Nanoha is getting another anime series recently, but it was announced way ahead of time.

Again, I think Mai-HiME/Otome having more content in the future will depend on FUNimation's re-release sales and response. As you know, I'll be promoting that like crazy. Yeah, it sucks to have no new projects come around, but I'm satisfied with what we have right now. Better knowing it's going to be released again on official streaming and home video, where fans can watch it and gain instant access to the series forever; without resorting to bittorents and illegal streaming sites (the casual viewers). Shizuru Fujino The best Mai-fans own the Japanese DVDs, blu rays and Bandai Entertainment's releases as so:

Is Sunrise officially done with Mai-franchise - Page 2 Collection

GRANDE CHIE : TA DA!

Even the most popular of anime series like Cowboy Bebop or the insanely great Madoka Magica, never had this many releases. I'm just saying that we were given A LOT with Mai-HiME/Otome and that's just the North American home video market! If any series needs a serious boost it's Fushigi Yuugi. An anime masterpiece that still doesn't have it's two (and quite crucial) prequel stories in anime form yet. There's always something out there that needs a new something. You said a while ago on the Facebook group that even Noir needed a sequel series, and that's older than Mai-HiME/Otome! Viola So rant away, but I'll remain patient and love my bbys on a routine basis.

It's really odd why they didn't announce it earlier or during whole day during it's anniversary. How dense as a company to not think Mai-franchise is heavy hitter for your company. It has potential,maybe excuses are we ran out of ideas or being lazy as usual. We know Accel World and Horizon around Dengaki's title and they make the call on another season not Sunrise. Mai-franchise is Sunrise IP and they are not giving it's full potential. They have tons of money with recent great titles on Gundam,LoveLive! and Akitsu. They could use the money on other IP with huge potential like Mai-franchise. We all been waiting patience for about close to five years for more Mai-series. Stuff like really make you wanna scratch your head thinking on what the PR is doing.

Sunrise has still to announce new Mai-series this winter and Funi to release on the holiday season. Mai-Multiverse forum fans are in NYCC next week for the Sunrise Panel to give a lot disappointment and dissatisfaction to Sunrise,they better not to have any excuses.
Highman
Highman
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Thu Oct 02, 2014 4:37 pm

Highman wrote:It's really odd why they didn't announce it earlier or during whole day during it's anniversary. How dense as a company to not think Mai-franchise is heavy hitter for your company. It has potential,maybe excuses are we ran out of ideas or being lazy as usual. We know Accel World and Horizon around Dengaki's title and they make the call on another season not Sunrise. Mai-franchise is Sunrise IP and they are not giving it's full potential. They have tons of money with recent great titles on Gundam,LoveLive! and Akitsu. They could use the money on other IP with huge potential like Mai-franchise. We all been waiting patience for about close to five years for more Mai-series. Stuff like really make you wanna scratch your head thinking on what the PR is doing.

Sunrise has still to announce new Mai-series this winter and Funi to release on the holiday season. Mai-Multiverse forum fans are in NYCC next week for the Sunrise Panel to give a lot disappointment and dissatisfaction to Sunrise,they better not to have any excuses.

Bleh, Gundam. I do think Aikatsu! and Love Live! are worthy shows from Sunrise. But these two prove that there's an audience for cute/attractive girls being awesome. Another Mai-HiME/Otome series could provide a lot for the company. If it also helps ease your pain, Kannazuki no Miko also had it's 10 year anniversary just yesterday and where's it's new series? These things happen.

I'm hoping, dude. My friends will report back with what the panels says about Mai-HiME/Otome. While we know how this series begins and ends, we want to see the untold stuff like previous Carnivals (Mashiro's would be amazing), THE MAI-HIME MOVIE, everything leading up to Sifr (explaining Lady Fumi, Maria's youth, etc.), Lena Sayers's death and whether or not Ribbon-chan becomes the next heroine after Arika. So much to work with; put me in charge! pokemon
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Magus Phantalus Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:13 pm

The great and glorious Magus Phantalus would flip his F&%$^$ lid if they announced a My-Hime movie!
Magus Phantalus
Magus Phantalus
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 613
Armitage GUTS!!! : 148

Back to top Go down

Post by Highman Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:38 pm

Magus Phantalus wrote:The great and glorious Magus Phantalus would flip his F&%$^$ lid if they announced a My-Hime movie!

I think for the best for everyone to continue the series after Carnival arc since the series would shift on the HiME's toughest battles to date. We don't know what danger lurks and when evil ready to strike. HiME's will continue to dance until their fate will comeback to haunt them. We have three days until Sunrise give us the word for another HiME-series.
Highman
Highman
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Wed Oct 08, 2014 7:28 pm

Highman wrote:
Magus Phantalus wrote:The great and glorious Magus Phantalus would flip his F&%$^$ lid if they announced a My-Hime movie!

I think for the best for everyone to continue the series after Carnival arc since the series would shift on the HiME's toughest battles to date. We don't know what danger lurks and when evil ready to strike. HiME's will continue to dance until their fate will comeback to haunt them. We have three days until Sunrise give us the word for another HiME-series.

Should they have something to say about Mai-HiME/Otome at New York Comic Con. Viola
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Highman Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:28 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
Highman wrote:

Should they have something to say about Mai-HiME/Otome at New York Comic Con. Viola

Possibly or have fans mentioned about why Sunrise hasn't announced new HiME series for it's 10th anniversary in Japan time. Those are questions Sunrise has to answer with the fans about more future Mai-series. Until the final word,I'm sure they haven't quit on such a great series with HiME/Otome. Since the franchise has a huge fanbase and kept the yuri strong with ShizNat,Sunrise wants to anything to continue the franchise.
Highman
Highman
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Fri Oct 10, 2014 3:23 pm

Highman wrote:
Possibly or have fans mentioned about why Sunrise hasn't announced new HiME series for it's 10th anniversary in Japan time. Those are questions Sunrise has to answer with the fans about more future Mai-series. Until the final word,I'm sure they haven't quit on such a great series with HiME/Otome. Since the franchise has a huge fanbase and kept the yuri strong with ShizNat,Sunrise wants to anything to continue the franchise.

They care about it enough to be part of FUNimation's line up. This is one of those series you can't let go of, no matter how many years pass. I think they notice that, otherwise they wouldn't of milked the franchise further with Mai-HiME EXA and various small projects like the Mai-HiME Pachinko game and Mai-HiME playable characters in Heroes Phantasia. Let's just wait and see what happens. Happy
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Highman Sat Oct 11, 2014 12:33 am

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
Highman wrote:

They care about it enough to be part of FUNimation's line up. This is one of those series you can't let go of, no matter how many years pass. I think they notice that, otherwise they wouldn't of milked the franchise further with Mai-HiME EXA and various small projects like the Mai-HiME Pachinko game and Mai-HiME playable characters in Heroes Phantasia. Let's just wait and see what happens. Happy

They didn't care about on announcing it for the 10th anniversary,these are questions that Sunrise needs to answer for the panel tomorrow. I really hope they make a continuation out of HiME original,learn more about previous Carnivals and what ahead for the future when evil lurks in waiting.
Highman
Highman
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Sat Oct 11, 2014 1:01 pm

Good news and bad news. Let's start with the bad. FUNimation just announced at NYCC (New York Comic Con) that they're releasing the entire .hack//SIGN series (who used to be owned by Bandai Entertainment, like Mai-HiME/Otome) from February to June. This obviously means that they decided to go with .hack//SIGN first and not Mai-HiME/Otome.

The good news is, that means the Mai-Series releases are not that far off. By releasing the .hack//SIGN series, it confirms that the licenses they picked up from Bandai are indeed getting released. Not shows left to collect dust; licensed only in name.

Once I hear FUNimation's announcement for Mai-HiME/Otome, I'll shove it down each and every one of your throats~

shizurubaby
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Highman Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:40 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:Good news and bad news. Let's start with the bad. FUNimation just announced at NYCC (New York Comic Con) that they're releasing the entire .hack//SIGN series (who used to be owned by Bandai Entertainment, like Mai-HiME/Otome) from February to June. This obviously means that they decided to go with .hack//SIGN first and not Mai-HiME/Otome.

The good news is, that means the Mai-Series releases are not that far off. By releasing the .hack//SIGN series, it confirms that the licenses they picked up from Bandai are indeed getting released. Not shows left to collect dust; licensed only in name.

Once I hear FUNimation's announcement for Mai-HiME/Otome, I'll shove it down each and every one of your throats~

shizurubaby

The real story is when will Sunrise finally announce new Mai-HiME series in the near. We can wait for one Mai-bros return from Sunrise Industry Panel.

Luu,you better give us word to this man
Highman
Highman
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Tue Oct 14, 2014 12:02 am

They're looking at numbers. That's why I want ALL of you to buy everything FUNimation releases for the Mai-Series AND to request more DURING it's release. This will get the ball rolling. Companies only care when the product is out making money. Oh, and how many times you demand it on their Facebook/Twitter. That's why everyone at MM will be commenting left and right when Mai-HIME's set is out. devious

Remember, the last dot//hack release is in June 2015. I'm hoping Mai-HiME/Otome is next. But at this rate, what may follow dot//hack could be...Outlaw Star, Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion, Witch Hunter Robin, Mai-HiME/Otome, Escaflowne, Tales of the Abyss, Angel Links and Banner of the Stars. One of these will be next for late 2015. They need to speed it up, though, with more than just ONE release. Most of the series on that list are short. Example, they can release all of Witch Hunter Robin, Code Geass, Escaflowne and Tales of the Abyss at once since they're short. Mai-HiME/Otome is roughly 60 episodes, with dozens of bonus OVA content not released in the Bandai Entertainment DVDs.

At least dot//hack and Cowboy Bebop are out of the way, so maybe our beloved series will be next. Keep your fingers crossed!

mai hime
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Highman Wed Oct 15, 2014 7:32 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:They're looking at numbers. That's why I want ALL of you to buy everything FUNimation releases for the Mai-Series AND to request more DURING it's release. This will get the ball rolling. Companies only care when the product is out making money. Oh, and how many times you demand it on their Facebook/Twitter. That's why everyone at MM will be commenting left and right when Mai-HIME's set is out.  devious

Remember, the last dot//hack release is in June 2015. I'm hoping Mai-HiME/Otome is next. But at this rate, what may follow dot//hack could be...Outlaw Star, Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion, Witch Hunter Robin, Mai-HiME/Otome, Escaflowne, Tales of the Abyss, Angel Links and Banner of the Stars. One of these will be next for late 2015. They need to speed it up, though, with more than just ONE release. Most of the series on that list are short. Example, they can release all of Witch Hunter Robin, Code Geass, Escaflowne and Tales of the Abyss at once since they're short. Mai-HiME/Otome is roughly 60 episodes, with dozens of bonus OVA content not released in the Bandai Entertainment DVDs.

At least dot//hack and Cowboy Bebop are out of the way, so maybe our beloved series will be next. Keep your fingers crossed!

mai hime

At least could've admit it that a 3rd HiME series is in it's planning development stages before the blu-rays releases would coming during new HiME series would start. All we want from Funi to have those release for this holiday season. Decision like this really give you head scratches on WTF!? they were thinking. Did they realize how Mai-HiME series aired really got during 2004/2005 run with Otome. Fansubs made a huge contribution to the Mai-franchise during that time and made Bandai Entertainment kept themselves afloat. I don't know how future hold for the Mai-franchise will hold If Funi really push for those HiME/Otome blu-rays release earliest as possible. They had this year to make Bandai Entertainment releases on the best times for 2014. Now they have dropped and probably losing steam as usual. They have time to reconsider and have HiME/Otome blu-ray sets ready for us soon.
Highman
Highman
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:58 am

Bandai Entertainment kept themselves afloat? I had no idea they were struggling in 2000s, which were their best years, honestly. At least, as a stable anime distributor.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Highman Thu Oct 16, 2014 8:09 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:Bandai Entertainment kept themselves afloat? I had no idea they were struggling in 2000s, which were their best years, honestly. At least, as a stable anime distributor.

But Fansubs played a huge role with HiME, Youtube getting popular with more anime churning out by fansubs. I tend to think that it was the downfall for Geneon and Bandai Entertainment because not adapting well with their business.

Have you send an email to Funi about HiME/Otome blu-rays being pushed for holiday season or after.

Highman
Highman
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Sun Oct 19, 2014 10:54 pm

Highman wrote:But Fansubs played a huge role with HiME, Youtube getting popular with more anime churning out by fansubs. I tend to think that it was the downfall for Geneon and Bandai Entertainment because not adapting well with their business.

Have you send an email to Funi about HiME/Otome blu-rays being pushed for holiday season or after.

I honestly think that after Mai-HiME/Otome had their run on DVD here in North America, there was a decline in anime sales. This decline ultimately forced companies to shut down, reinvent themselves or merge with other companies (I believe most of ADVfilms's talent went over to FUNimation).

Not yet, dude. I am waiting for the official release date for My-HiME before dropping the demand bomb. You'll see when the time comes. Shizuru Fujino
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Highman Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:47 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:

I honestly think that after Mai-HiME/Otome had their run on DVD here in North America, there was a decline in anime sales. This decline ultimately forced companies to shut down, reinvent themselves or merge with other companies (I believe most of ADVfilms's talent went over to FUNimation).

Not yet, dude. I am waiting for the official release date for My-HiME before dropping the demand bomb. You'll see when the time comes. Shizuru Fujino

Not yet! This is a huge opportunity for the franchise to be released this holiday season. Were patient on trying to see how Funi will make any changes due to this season.
Highman
Highman
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Post by DiamondLady Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:31 pm

haven't been online for quite a while now. could you give me an update pls? From what I read it doesn't look like Sunrise announced something new for Mai-hime right? So do you think this is really the end of the series or is there still a possibility that they announce something?
Really hope it isn't over yet :(
DiamondLady
DiamondLady
Fuuka Academy Student
Fuuka Academy Student

Bubuzuke points : 31
Armitage GUTS!!! : 11

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next