Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sunrise's Official Artwork & Beta ShizMai

+3
Yuri-hime
she-ga-roo
Twisted Eternal Wolvetta
7 posters

Go down

Sunrise's Official Artwork & Beta ShizMai Empty Sunrise's Official Artwork & Beta ShizMai

Post by Twisted Eternal Wolvetta Tue Nov 22, 2011 2:43 pm

Over the years of knowing the Mai Series I've come across a lot of their original work, and not to mention recently Psycho (Cheshire Kat) and I have noticed that ShizMai seems to have been the main pairing idea which Sunrise was originally going to release into Mai HiME. However, for whatever reason Mai was replaced by Natsuki in this role.

I honestly believe ShizMai would have been a lot more interesting and not to mention, a rather fascinating route to take due to their personalities.

Anyway, these images are from each dimension of the Mai Series, so you'll be seeing Destiny, Beta-HiME, HiME, MAiD (beta Otome), Otome, Zwei and of course Mao and Sifr.

Mai and Storyboards: (From the looks of it these storyboards show random events throughout the anime, although it almost looks like an opening of some sort, however, it has been a long while since I've actually watched HiME).

Sunrise's Official Artwork & Beta ShizMai Mai_st10

What's with Sunrise and the design of long feet in the Mai Series anyway? It makes you wonder.

Sunrise's Official Artwork & Beta ShizMai Chest_11

Oh, oh, oh.~

Nao: WHAT. IS. SHE. DOING. THERE?!
Arika: o.o?

Mai's Mother(?)/Ancestor. Definitely the Sifr generation however, due to Princess Sakura being there (Nagi and Mashiro's mother).

Sunrise's Official Artwork & Beta ShizMai Mai_s_10

Fumi, Dark-Kagutsuchi, Yuma and a stunned Mai.

Sunrise's Official Artwork & Beta ShizMai Fumi_y10

That's it for now however! Remember that I have a hell of a lot more of these images - hosting is being an arse and keeps complaining that the server supposedly doesn't exist, so I'll come back to this later when it has calmed down somewhat.

Next in line:
- Mai MAiD
- Mai HiME Mao

Twisted Eternal Wolvetta
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 708
Armitage GUTS!!! : 188

Back to top Go down

Sunrise's Official Artwork & Beta ShizMai Empty Re: Sunrise's Official Artwork & Beta ShizMai

Post by she-ga-roo Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:02 pm

shizmai?! oO okay... interesting.
but i think that they choose natsuki (or anyone expect of mai), cause it would be a little too much then for one charachter.

i mean mai:
-was the main character of the series
-the strongest hime
-has a brother with a heart illness
-takes responsibility for her brother
-is hardworking
-is there for erveryone
-got her brother killed
-has to fight the obsaidian lord
- yadda yadda yadda...

and then putting a best friend to that list, who happens to be...
-a hime too - which mai don't know
-deeply in love with mai - which she don't know, too
-willing to make a demon of herself for mai
- yadda yadda yadda...
...would be very much an overload for me sweatdrop
she-ga-roo
she-ga-roo
Coral student
Coral student

Bubuzuke points : 791
Armitage GUTS!!! : 240

Back to top Go down

Sunrise's Official Artwork & Beta ShizMai Empty Re: Sunrise's Official Artwork & Beta ShizMai

Post by Yuri-hime Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:19 pm

Shizuru and Mai wouldn't work for me. Their personalities don't bounce off of each other well, imo. And this is coming from someone who supports Shizuru/Haruka and Shizuru/Nao apart from the canon Shizuru/Natsuki. Mai is someone I honestly can't really see Shizuru being with.

Yuri-hime
Coral student
Coral student

Bubuzuke points : 1178
Armitage GUTS!!! : 347

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheshire Kat Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:25 pm

she-ga-roo wrote:shizmai?! oO okay... interesting.
but i think that they choose natsuki (or anyone expect of mai), cause it would be a little too much then for one charachter.

i mean mai:
-was the main character of the series
-the strongest hime
-has a brother with a heart illness
-takes responsibility for her brother
-is hardworking
-is there for erveryone
-got her brother killed
-has to fight the obsaidian lord
- yadda yadda yadda...

and then putting a best friend to that list, who happens to be...
-a hime too - which mai don't know
-deeply in love with mai - which she don't know, too
-willing to make a demon of herself for mai
- yadda yadda yadda...
...would be very much an overload for me sweatdrop

Wait, what? Got her brother killed? You mean had, I think. XD Anyways.

I personally think it would've been no different (actually, I think it would have been more interesting) if SUNRISE followed through with ShizMai. Since, well, it was very overloading for Mai when she lost Yuuichi, was it not? Why would it be so much more if she had lost, or had to fight, Shizuru instead? I really do wish SUNRISE had gone through with the Shizuru/Mai plan; Natsuki just seems like eyecandy to me. ^^;

See her in the trailer? Eyecandy! XD

I think the main reason why SUNRISE chose ShizNat instead is just for that reason. Natsuki appealed to the audiance not as a character, but as a piece of ass that would look good getting embarrassed by a certain Kaichou. Yes, Natsuki does have a tragic background, but doesn't Mai as well? Why is Natsuki so much more popular, is it because of the 'lone wolf' thing she has going on? I personally think she's more of a lost puppy.
Cheshire Kat
Cheshire Kat
Coral student
Coral student

Bubuzuke points : 819
Armitage GUTS!!! : 219

Back to top Go down

Post by she-ga-roo Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:46 pm

Cheshire Kat wrote:

Wait, what? Got her brother killed? You mean had, I think. XD Anyways.

ah yeah, that's what i said ^^ thanx!

Cheshire Kat wrote:I personally think it would've been no different (actually, I think it would have been more interesting) if SUNRISE followed through with ShizMai. Since, well, it was very overloading for Mai when she lost Yuuichi, was it not? Why would it be so much more if she had lost, or had to fight, Shizuru instead? I really do wish SUNRISE had gone through with the Shizuru/Mai plan; Natsuki just seems like eyecandy to me. ^^;

depends on the fact, if SUNRISE would have followed the yuuichi part, too. cause both things would be really too much. i think mai would rather ended up as an emotional wreck instead of the heronie if they would have followed the storyline like they did AND would've put the shizuru-is-deeply-in-love-with-mai-part to that. then mai would have lost her mother, her brother, yuuichi AND shizuru (okay, shizuru didn't die until natsuki did the double K.O., but since she got a little crazy i count that as 'lost' for the person she was in mai's/natsuki's eyes before) and i have to agree with Yuri-hime that they wouldn't work together with the personalities they have.

she-ga-roo
she-ga-roo
Coral student
Coral student

Back to top Go down

Post by Twisted Eternal Wolvetta Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:50 pm

I wish Sunrise would actually release extras with the original beta animation for Beta-HiME and MAiD, it would definitely be interesting to see what they were going to show in the past. And not to mention, their student uniforms looked absolutely amazing compared to the crappy ones they wear these days.

----------

Mai MAiD

Main(?) Characters of MAiD: Arika, Sara and Sakura.

Sunrise's Official Artwork & Beta ShizMai 110

It seems that there was meant to be some sort of clash between HiME/Destiny and Otome here, considering half of the characters have Earthling clothes whilst the other half have their MAiD outfits. Although for Mashiro... Manga-Otome background perhaps? Because I'm unconsciously thinking of Manshiro and evil-sister Mashiro merging together to form one huge dimension.

Sunrise's Official Artwork & Beta ShizMai 210

???, Arika and Sara. Look at how happy and spazzy Sara looks with that damned huge axe! Fffff, I want to hug her, although I'd probably get sliced in half... oh, well, win-win situation!

Sunrise's Official Artwork & Beta ShizMai 310

Actually... that character with the staff looks a little like Saeko in a way, I wonder...

AND THEN THROUGHOUT JAPAN CAME THE TROLLING LAUGHS OF SUNRISE.

Sunrise's Official Artwork & Beta ShizMai 410

----------

Mai HiME Mao

The art style has suddenly changed completely, whether or not I like it I have no idea. Although hilariously there is no sign of Shizuru yet, although there is Tomoe fangirling (... uncharacteristic over such an outburst of being "cute"?)

Sunrise's Official Artwork & Beta ShizMai Mai_an10

What they have done with the character designs I have no idea whatsoever either.

Sunrise's Official Artwork & Beta ShizMai Mai_mi10

The original designer is around still though... so hopefully when it comes to the anime - if it'll ever appear that is, we might see this version?

Sunrise's Official Artwork & Beta ShizMai Mao_or10

Mikoto Cats, I wonder if there are more...

Sunrise's Official Artwork & Beta ShizMai Mao_an10

But honestly, Mao reminds me too much of a character you'd see in either Bleach or Naruto, which puts me off a lot.

Sunrise's Official Artwork & Beta ShizMai Tomoe10

TOMOE, WHAT ARE YOU DOING.

Sunrise's Official Artwork & Beta ShizMai Tomoe_10

I wonder if Tomoe is a main character in this... it'd be nice to see her side of the story for once, and hopefully she'd actually have a backstory this time. Pfft.

Sunrise's Official Artwork & Beta ShizMai Tomoe_11

Let's hope Mai gets some decent amount of attention this time around as well.

Sunrise's Official Artwork & Beta ShizMai Mikoto11

Hilariously there is only one piece of concept art for Natsuki-for once.

Sunrise's Official Artwork & Beta ShizMai Natsuk12

DAT LEG, NATSUKI. IT LOOKS LIKE YOUR LEG BENDED AWKWARDLY WITHOUT SNAPPING.

Also, I'll reply to these posts later, the hosting for the images took a ridiculous amount of tiiiime.

Twisted Eternal Wolvetta
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Post by she-ga-roo Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:07 am

all the stuff is really interesting...
especially the tomoe part... looks like she's a more important character here.
but i like the original character design much more.
the other one is just... kind of creepy?... i don't know, just gah!
she-ga-roo
she-ga-roo
Coral student
Coral student

Back to top Go down

Post by Chaglette Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:14 pm

There's going to be a Shizuru in Mai HiME Mao :o

In Tomoe's character design picture, the words beside the fangirling Tomoe says "Shizuru onee-sama".
Chaglette
Chaglette
Archmeister of Fujinoism
Archmeister of Fujinoism

Bubuzuke points : 4959
Armitage GUTS!!! : 1293

Back to top Go down

Post by Twisted Eternal Wolvetta Mon Dec 19, 2011 4:40 pm

Nagi wrote:There's going to be a Shizuru in Mai HiME Mao :o

In Tomoe's character design picture, the words beside the fangirling Tomoe says "Shizuru onee-sama".

Oh really? I didn't notice with the characters since it is difficult to see what they are precisely, hmm... looks like Shizuru is in Mao then. Although... it makes me wonder how these characters are going to be portrayed, considering Tomoe is a little spazzy and girly in this. Pfft...

Still not sure if I should be dreading the new Mai Dimension or not. <_< >_>

Anyhow, I'll quickly upload these images before leaving.

A very early beta character concept, mostly likely before the Promo trailer.

Sunrise's Official Artwork & Beta ShizMai Differ12

Shizuru: Midori raped Shizuru?
Yukino: ...Tomoe raped Yukino?
Haruka: Miya and... Haruka... bred?

I wish Trollrise had kept Shizuru's hair like this. ._.

Beta ShizMai ~ Although I'm not sure what is happening precisely, it'll take me a long while to translate it, but in the meantime...

Sunrise's Official Artwork & Beta ShizMai Beta_s11

Twisted Eternal Wolvetta
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Post by she-ga-roo Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:51 pm

Twisted Eternal Wolvetta wrote:
Sunrise's Official Artwork & Beta ShizMai Beta_s11

even if i don't get the hang of shiz/mai (not i'm against the idea, i just see no sense in them right now) i really like the part with shizuru hugging mai from behind. mai's face is priceless. ^^
she-ga-roo
she-ga-roo
Coral student
Coral student

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:06 pm

Ever since seeing that famous magazine clipping:

Sunrise's Official Artwork & Beta ShizMai Animep62

it's obvious ShizMai was once considered by SUNRISE to headline the series, which would of made Mai-HiME feel more yuri esque.

>_> Mai-Mao Natsuki looks uber Tsundere, just sayin'.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Bubuzuke points : 42532
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2524

http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by CaptainVonCookie Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:51 am

If the ShizMai was indeed their first thought, Shizuru was there simply for comic relief, with a much more... perky personality as the sketches indicate, up until her dramatic arch and then friends forever. They always test their characters and pairings even when it's based out of something, and this had nothing to be based upon so the more reason to do so. Shizuru probably scored high and they changed the plot to give her a proper story. So they gave her Natsuki.
I'm quite happy with the changes.
CaptainVonCookie
CaptainVonCookie
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 535
Armitage GUTS!!! : 161

Back to top Go down

Post by CaptainVonCookie Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:54 am

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:Ever since seeing that famous magazine clipping:

Sunrise's Official Artwork & Beta ShizMai Animep62

it's obvious ShizMai was once considered by SUNRISE to headline the series, which would of made Mai-HiME feel more yuri esque.

>_> Mai-Mao Natsuki looks uber Tsundere, just sayin'.

More yuri esque??? Any more and we'd have them frolicking about on their unicorns and barfing rainbows over each other!
CaptainVonCookie
CaptainVonCookie
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:21 am

Without an attraction to Natsuki, the ShizNation wouldn't be here. Much to Wolvetta's dismay. ;p j/k Wolvy, but I dunno, guess we'll never discover whether or not ShizMai would of been over just as much, if not more than ShizNat.

CaptainVonCookie wrote:More yuri esque??? Any more and we'd have them frolicking about on their unicorns and barfing rainbows over each other!

:3 Now there's an idea for a spoof! Strangely enough, I don't want it to exist, just for the purpose of SUNRISE taking our franchise seriously *enough*. XD
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Bubuzuke points : 42532
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2524

http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by CaptainVonCookie Sat Dec 24, 2011 7:13 am

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:Without an attraction to Natsuki, the ShizNation wouldn't be here. Much to Wolvetta's dismay. ;p j/k Wolvy, but I dunno, guess we'll never discover whether or not ShizMai would of been over just as much, if not more than ShizNat.

CaptainVonCookie wrote:More yuri esque??? Any more and we'd have them frolicking about on their unicorns and barfing rainbows over each other!

:3 Now there's an idea for a spoof! Strangely enough, I don't want it to exist, just for the purpose of SUNRISE taking our franchise seriously *enough*. XD

I like you! I think they already did it though.. Wasn't it called Pretty little Pony or something?
CaptainVonCookie
CaptainVonCookie
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheshire Kat Sat Dec 24, 2011 7:15 am

CaptainVonCookie wrote:
Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:Without an attraction to Natsuki, the ShizNation wouldn't be here. Much to Wolvetta's dismay. ;p j/k Wolvy, but I dunno, guess we'll never discover whether or not ShizMai would of been over just as much, if not more than ShizNat.

I like you! I think they already did it though.. Wasn't it called Pretty little Pony or something?

It's called My Little Pony. And piss off you guys, it's amazing. ;P
Cheshire Kat
Cheshire Kat
Coral student
Coral student

Bubuzuke points : 819
Armitage GUTS!!! : 219

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down