Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is Sunrise officially done with Mai-franchise

+2
Luu Sky Sapphire
Highman
6 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Is Sunrise officially done with Mai-franchise

Is Sunrise officially done with Mai-franchise Vote_lcap229%Is Sunrise officially done with Mai-franchise I_vote_rcap 29% 
[ 5 ]
Is Sunrise officially done with Mai-franchise Vote_lcap271%Is Sunrise officially done with Mai-franchise I_vote_rcap 71% 
[ 12 ]

Total Votes : 17

Is Sunrise officially done with Mai-franchise Empty Is Sunrise officially done with Mai-franchise

Post by Highman Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:01 pm

I've been on a ponder binge for a quite long time about this since studio 8 is on huge run with LoveLive and Gundam 35th Anniversary project with Tomino's new Gundam G-Recoginista project to begin this fall. Still the Mai-franchise is on limbo until the FINAL decision could be made until May or later but is Sunrise done with the Mai-franchise ?

What's everyone input in all of this......
Highman
Highman
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 634
Armitage GUTS!!! : 113

Back to top Go down

Is Sunrise officially done with Mai-franchise Empty Re: Is Sunrise officially done with Mai-franchise

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:00 pm

Probably? A lot of series have to end or stay on a long hiatus until further notice. All I'm waiting for is FUNimation's re-release of Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome right now, it's what we do know is confirmed and is something I'm personally looking forward to.

I can't stress this enough that the Mai-Franchise has a lot more content than most franchises out there. We're fortunate to have the amount we have. Yes, I'd love to have more and I'll rocket into space with news of a new anime series, CD drama, whatever. Until then, I'm still supporting it.

For the record, I have no problem with LoveLive. That is one of the more fun-to-watch titles out there. Gundam continues to be Ronda Rousey's arm bar, with only the Mai-Franchise as the liver shot. Maybe we'll have another, but sometimes a company does what works.

Giant mechas. Bam. Money. Easier to produce and not as much thought put into it.  Viola Ever thought to yourself that maybe the Sunrise of today isn't the same Sunrise as 10 years ago? They had more variety then, imo. That isn't bashing, it's just an honest opinion. If they make a new series to Mai-HiME, I'll be extremely shocked.

And happy. VERY happy.

Bottom line: Never say never.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Bubuzuke points : 42532
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2524

http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Is Sunrise officially done with Mai-franchise Empty Re: Is Sunrise officially done with Mai-franchise

Post by planetwarrior Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:04 pm

That's a pretty new debate, Facking seeing Gundam franchise anniversary all over the place, Scryed got their 10th anniversary from Sunrise, so why not on Mai-? I just simply don't get Sunrise for some reason.
planetwarrior
planetwarrior
Fuuka Academy Student
Fuuka Academy Student

Bubuzuke points : 89
Armitage GUTS!!! : 21

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:21 pm

planetwarrior wrote:That's a pretty new debate, Facking seeing Gundam franchise anniversary all over the place, Scryed got their 10th anniversary from Sunrise, so why not on Mai-? I just simply don't get Sunrise for some reason.

I somewhat enjoyed s-CRY-ed, but it was no Mai-HiME/Otome. Not even in the same ballpark. It's not like the Mai-Franchise was a bomb. It was a huge hit at the time and all the little releases after S.ifr were well received (yes, even the controversial Mai-HiME EXA manga). Plus they wouldn't of given the series to FUNimation if it weren't worth their time. Don't forget that Toei Animation didn't do much for Sailor Moon's actual 20 year anniversary (2012) until THIS year with the announcement of Sailor Moon Crystal. IMO, Sunrise Inc. is looking for the right opportunity.

I just want my Mai-HiME/Otome/Zwei/S.ifr blu rays from FUNimation for now. That is my goal before I start any rash Kickstarting campaigns.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Highman Fri May 02, 2014 12:10 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:

I just want my Mai-HiME/Otome/Zwei/S.ifr blu rays from FUNimation for now. That is my goal before I start any rash Kickstarting campaigns.

There's one thing, I do believe Sunrise is still working on the Mai-franchise, is FUNI acquiring those awesome titles. There's some implication planning stages are still in effect and were just waiting for the green light to come around this month or next month.
Highman
Highman
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Post by DiamondLady Fri May 02, 2014 4:19 pm

Highman wrote:There's one thing, I do believe Sunrise is still working on the Mai-franchise, is FUNI acquiring those awesome titles. There's some implication planning stages are still in effect and were just waiting for the green light to come around this month or next month.

Sorry if I probably didn't really understand what you wrote (language problem^^) but are you saying Sunrise is maybe going to announce a new Mai-series???that would be awesome!!
DiamondLady
DiamondLady
Fuuka Academy Student
Fuuka Academy Student

Bubuzuke points : 31
Armitage GUTS!!! : 11

Back to top Go down

Post by Highman Fri May 02, 2014 5:25 pm

DiamondLady wrote:
Highman wrote:There's one thing, I do believe Sunrise is still working on the Mai-franchise, is FUNI acquiring those awesome titles. There's some implication planning stages are still in effect and were just waiting for the green light to come around this month or next month.

Sorry if I probably didn't really understand what you wrote (language problem^^) but are you saying Sunrise is maybe going to announce a new Mai-series???that would be awesome!!

To clarify a little bit more, planning stages for next Mai-series is still in the works and waiting for Sunrise to give the green light soon.
Highman
Highman
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Mon May 05, 2014 6:27 pm

They want to see how well Mai-HiME/Otome does in the DVD/Blu Ray sales department as well. So I don't care if all if you already own the series. Buy them again and again and again. Especially on Blu Ray, because the ones from Japan are way overpriced. Something, I'm hoping, FUNimation already knows and will remedy with their release.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Highman Mon May 05, 2014 7:10 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:

They want to see how well Mai-HiME/Otome does in the DVD/Blu Ray sales department as well. So I don't care if all if you already own the series. Buy them again and again and again. Especially on Blu Ray, because the ones from Japan are way overpriced. Something, I'm hoping, FUNimation already knows and will remedy with their release.

All they is hype to announce for the next Mai-HiME project this fall to usher in more sales in Japan and internationally. Also, we don't know how popular pachinko HiME game really is now and how will they hype the new Mai-series in a short time from May to October.

(maybe May through October isn't really a short time span... Sad )
Highman
Highman
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Post by Magus Phantalus Tue May 06, 2014 1:54 pm

If they know what's good for them they aren't. You know what I want. I want a battle royale game in the line of the Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm series. I want it to have every incarnation of every Hime and Otome as a playable character. Or costumes if there are too many similarities.

If only for me to beat the every loving stuffing out of MANshiro as Fujino.

I also want Destiny released internationally alongside EXA.
Magus Phantalus
Magus Phantalus
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 613
Armitage GUTS!!! : 148

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Wed May 07, 2014 5:50 pm

Highman wrote:All they is hype to announce for the next Mai-HiME project this fall to usher in more sales in Japan and internationally. Also, we don't know how popular pachinko HiME game really is now and how will they hype the new Mai-series in a short time from May to October.

(maybe May through October isn't really a short time span... Sad )

Just keep checking FUNimation's coming soon page every now and then. The first thing I wanna see (before pre-ordering in a heartbeat) is the artwork they'll use for the new Mai-HiME DVD/blu rays.

As for the Mai-HiME pachinko game, it should remain popular enough. Gambling is a necessity for most Japanese citizens, dude. Wink
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by planetwarrior Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:56 am

Magus Phantalus wrote:If they know what's good for them they aren't.  You know what I want.  I want a battle royale game in the line of the Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm series.  I want it to have every incarnation of every Hime and Otome as a playable character.  Or costumes if there are too many similarities.

If only for me to beat the every loving stuffing out of MANshiro as Fujino.

I also want Destiny released internationally alongside EXA.

Preferably Destiny over EXA cuz EXA was a piece crap that one of Sunrise staff or some mangaka didn't put much thought into this, Destiny was at least an upper hand on this.
planetwarrior
planetwarrior
Fuuka Academy Student
Fuuka Academy Student

Back to top Go down

Post by planetwarrior Mon Jun 02, 2014 12:03 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:Probably? A lot of series have to end or stay on a long hiatus until further notice. All I'm waiting for is FUNimation's re-release of Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome right now, it's what we do know is confirmed and is something I'm personally looking forward to.

I can't stress this enough that the Mai-Franchise has a lot more content than most franchises out there. We're fortunate to have the amount we have. Yes, I'd love to have more and I'll rocket into space with news of a new anime series, CD drama, whatever. Until then, I'm still supporting it.

For the record, I have no problem with LoveLive. That is one of the more fun-to-watch titles out there. Gundam continues to be Ronda Rousey's arm bar, with only the Mai-Franchise as the liver shot. Maybe we'll have another, but sometimes a company does what works.

Giant mechas. Bam. Money. Easier to produce and not as much thought put into it.  Viola Ever thought to yourself that maybe the Sunrise of today isn't the same Sunrise as 10 years ago? They had more variety then, imo. That isn't bashing, it's just an honest opinion. If they make a new series to Mai-HiME, I'll be extremely shocked.

And happy. VERY happy.

Bottom line: Never say never.

I noticed the change of staff over the times in 10 years, tho some staff actually missed Mai-franchise so much and also, I got Encourage Films(fame of Symphogear, Amazing Twins) to collaborate with Sunrise on new ideas for Mai-franchise, let's just hope it will do good.
planetwarrior
planetwarrior
Fuuka Academy Student
Fuuka Academy Student

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:09 pm

planetwarrior wrote:Preferably Destiny over EXA cuz EXA was a piece crap that one of Sunrise staff or some mangaka didn't put much thought into this, Destiny was at least an upper hand on this.

No comparison! Mai-HiME Destiny is superior to Mai-HiME EXA in every conceivable way.

planetwarrior wrote:I noticed the change of staff over the times in 10 years, tho some staff actually missed Mai-franchise so much and also, I got Encourage Films(fame of Symphogear, Amazing Twins) to collaborate with Sunrise on new ideas for Mai-franchise, let's just hope it will do good.

Anything would be great now. Again, all our fandom is looking forward to now (official-wise, not fan-projects) are the FUNimation releases. We'd like a new series, even if it's a complete reboot.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Magus Phantalus Thu Jun 05, 2014 5:41 am

We are not insulting my favorite iteration of the Hime series are we? Don't make me go Ootsutsuki Kaguya on some fools.

That said... I'd take adorable scene of Shizuru feeding Natsuki over tragic deaths any day. Almost wish I read Destiny.
Magus Phantalus
Magus Phantalus
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 613
Armitage GUTS!!! : 148

Back to top Go down

Post by DiamondLady Thu Jun 05, 2014 6:29 am

They just HAVE to do a new Mai series!! I don't wish for anything else! But I think we'll have to wait a very very very long time for that frustrated 
DiamondLady
DiamondLady
Fuuka Academy Student
Fuuka Academy Student

Back to top Go down

Post by Highman Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:16 am

DiamondLady wrote:They just HAVE to do a new Mai series!! I don't wish for anything else! But I think we'll have to wait a very very very long time for that frustrated 

And we've been waiting for eight years, this waiting is nothing more than blood,sweat and wasted onion leeks.

I believe something will happen this fall season and we might get some special episodes before a full series start next year.

The wait is somewhat worth it but NO MORE,NO MORE!!!! mad 
Highman
Highman
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Post by DiamondLady Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:47 am

Highman wrote:
DiamondLady wrote:They just HAVE to do a new Mai series!! I don't wish for anything else! But I think we'll have to wait a very very very long time for that frustrated 

And we've been waiting for eight years, this waiting is nothing more than blood,sweat and wasted onion leeks.

I believe something will happen this fall season and we might get some special episodes before a full series start next year.

I hope you're right...they just can't make us wait any longer!! A dream would come true if they finally made a new series (I want more ShizNat frustrated ). I hope they did that on purpose and plan something big for us...otherwise I'd be very disappointed -.-
DiamondLady
DiamondLady
Fuuka Academy Student
Fuuka Academy Student

Back to top Go down

Post by planetwarrior Thu Jun 05, 2014 2:58 pm

DiamondLady wrote:
Highman wrote:

I hope you're right...they just can't make us wait any longer!! A dream would come true if they finally made a new series (I want more ShizNat frustrated ). I hope they did that on purpose and plan something big for us...otherwise I'd be very disappointed -.-

WE WERE CLOSE TO THAT FROM 4 YEARS AGO, CUZ THEY KNOW THE FRANCHISE HAS A HUGE FANBASE.
planetwarrior
planetwarrior
Fuuka Academy Student
Fuuka Academy Student

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:43 pm

DiamondLady wrote:I hope you're right...they just can't make us wait any longer!! A dream would come true if they finally made a new series (I want more ShizNat frustrated ). I hope they did that on purpose and plan something big for us...otherwise I'd be very disappointed -.-

Whatever the results may be, I'll welcome it. In terms of anime incarnations Mai-HiME/Otome never failed me. Both shows were fantastic in their own right, especially with ShizNat. I'd like ShizNat to get more focus, I agree. All the while, the HiME can receive individual story arcs of their own.

planetwarrior refers to all the releases in 2010. Mai-HiME EXA and all the anime OVAs that year. The blu rays in Japan and the U.S. Mai-Otome Sifr. DVD release not long after that. They're just waiting for the right opportunity like Toei Animation did with Sailor Moon.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Highman Fri Jun 06, 2014 1:31 am

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:

planetwarrior refers to all the releases in 2010. Mai-HiME EXA and all the anime OVAs that year. The blu rays in Japan and the U.S. Mai-Otome Sifr. DVD release not long after that. They're just waiting for the right opportunity like Toei Animation did with Sailor Moon.

Would been better off to have a special episode or two before a new series start next year. We don't know the right opportunity is, will it succeed or fall like other potential hits cause of being overlooked.

Highman
Highman
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ice Silver Crystal Fri Jun 06, 2014 8:43 am

DiamondLady wrote:
I hope you're right...they just can't make us wait any longer!! A dream would come true if they finally made a new series (I want more ShizNat frustrated )-

hihi yes!
i'll cry happiness for the new series. Shizuru and natsuki in brand new animation!
>////< kyaaa
Ice Silver Crystal
Ice Silver Crystal
Kruger Wolf Pack Puppy
Kruger Wolf Pack Puppy

Bubuzuke points : 1340
Armitage GUTS!!! : 485

Back to top Go down

Post by Highman Fri Jun 06, 2014 6:13 pm

Ice Silver Crystal wrote:
DiamondLady wrote:
I hope you're right...they just can't make us wait any longer!! A dream would come true if they finally made a new series (I want more ShizNat frustrated )-

hihi yes!
i'll cry happiness for the new series. Shizuru and natsuki in brand new animation!
>////< kyaaa

Like planetwarrior use to say this to me, with Hisayuk-san in control of next series anything can happen
Highman
Highman
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Sat Jun 07, 2014 10:12 pm

Earlier, I posted shots of the My-HiME Blu Ray set to FUNimation's Facebook page. Since Sunrise isn't done with the franchise (allowing one of the biggest companies to license it), I'm hoping FUNimation uses the same cover art designs for their releases:

Is Sunrise officially done with Mai-franchise Mai10
Is Sunrise officially done with Mai-franchise Mai210
Is Sunrise officially done with Mai-franchise Mai310
Is Sunrise officially done with Mai-franchise Mai410
Is Sunrise officially done with Mai-franchise Mai510
Is Sunrise officially done with Mai-franchise Mai610
Is Sunrise officially done with Mai-franchise Mai710
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Highman Sun Jun 08, 2014 5:00 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:Earlier, I posted shots of the My-HiME Blu Ray set to FUNimation's Facebook page. Since Sunrise isn't done with the franchise (allowing one of the biggest companies to license it), I'm hoping FUNimation uses the same cover art designs for their releases:

If the do release it Blu-ray by fall including New Mai-project coming soon and that's my projection to this then Sunrise is willing to cash the dough like kings
Highman
Highman
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next