Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gisèle Alain manga discussion thread

2 posters

Go down

Gisèle Alain manga discussion thread Empty Gisèle Alain manga discussion thread

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:32 pm

Gisèle Alain manga discussion thread

Gisèle Alain manga discussion thread 04262-10
Gisèle Alain manga discussion thread 59646_10
Gisèle Alain manga discussion thread 40695010

---

It's quite funny how this "nothing" title I picked up randomly during my second trip to Indonesia would turn out to be a yuri manga. I've skimmed through a few scans provided on tumblr a while back, but when my girlfriend broke the news that this series is technically, the first yuri manga in Indonesia, I had to dig it up again. Here's a quick synopsis:

---

"Giséle Alain will provide you with any service, Madame," Gisèle claims as she puts a sign on her door. Gisèle Alain is the owner of an apartment and decides to take on whatever request that she receives. She forces Eric, a resident of the apartment with overdue rent, to tag along with her service. Their first mission is to find a cat that another resident has lost and claims to have been missing for 3 days. Upon further investigation, they find a suspicious man taking away cats to an unknown alley. Gisèle decides to investigate further and finds out who the man is without hesitation! An amusing yet calm service providing you with anything you want; at your service by Gisèle Alain!

---

Pretty vague, I'd say. No wonder it didn't immediately catch our attention in the beginning. If you're read this manga series, feel free to discuss!
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Bubuzuke points : 42532
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2524

http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Gisèle Alain manga discussion thread Empty Re: Gisèle Alain manga discussion thread

Post by shezaei-neko Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:04 pm

I read it sometime ago.
And by that time, the only chapter that had some yuri vibes in it was the one where Gisele goes to the flower-district and Colette dances for her.

But besides that, I never expected to see more of Colette in the following chapters. And I was very pleased to see she has a girlfriend and that still fawns over Gisele (although not as much as before).
I still doubt this could be considered full yuri.
Maybe slice-of-life with a yuri character in it, but that's all...
Since it's obvious that Eric has feelings for Gisele, and Gisele it's quite oblivious and maybe naïve.

I can't say much now, but I hope to see more of Colette. :3
Btw, there are 3 volumes out of this.

shezaei-neko
shezaei-neko
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

Bubuzuke points : 4088
Armitage GUTS!!! : 756

http://shezaei-neko.livejournal.com/

Back to top Go down