Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Love Live! anime/manga discussion

3 posters

Go down

Love Live! anime/manga discussion Empty Love Live! anime/manga discussion

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Thu May 02, 2013 6:50 pm

Gay Rainbow Love Live! Gay Rainbow

Love Live! anime/manga discussion Animep10

Love Live! anime/manga discussion Animep11

Love Live! anime/manga discussion Animep12

Love Live! anime/manga discussion Animep13

Love Live! anime/manga discussion Animep14

---

Started watching Love Live! recently and honestly, it's definitely a shoujo-ai/yuri series. Virtually no guys present and the girls act pretty comfortable around each other, if you catch my drift. Got through two episodes already, which I shall go over now:

Luu Sky Sapphire reviews Love Live! Episode 1:

Finished episode 1 of Love Live! Ambitious hyperactive girl named Honoka is inspired by an idol group named A-RISE (who sing the most awesome and catchy song that's stuck in my head right now). With her school about to close due to low student count, Honoka decides the only way to gain loads of attention for the school, is to start an idol girls club.

So far, I like it. Honoka is the cliche protagonist girl who is a total ditz and everyone she knows is practically female. The music isn't half bad, especially that song by A-RISE. What a hit! There is hints of subtext so far, though according to wetochan (whoever that person is...), the yuri level rises over time. It's a fun little opener so far and I'm hoping that the rest gets better.

Love Live! anime/manga discussion 47819610

Luu Sky Sapphire reviews Love Live! Episode 2:

Love Live! anime/manga discussion 46615110

Love Live! episode 2 brings yet another obstacle to our trio of idol girls in training. Now that they found the appropriate spot to start their vocal training (it's ALWAYS the school roof!), the girls seem to be missing something. A SONG! Even after getting a little help from the group's Tsudere (Umi-chan) in the lyrics department (Umi is supposedly very good at poems), Honoka is missing something more important. The stamina and discipline to become an idol. "It's not all fun and games" Umi says, so she decides to put Honoka and Kotori through rigorous exercise on a daily basis. During their training, they meet with the vice president of the student council, Nozomi Toujou.

She is definitely the LESBIAN of the group. Squeezing Nishikino's (another Tsundere) undeveloped boobs in a later scene!

It's revealed that Nozomi works as a part time miko at a shrine, like Rei Hino of Sailor Moon fame and Shiho Munakata of Mai-HiME fame. She flirts with the girls and offers some hints for Nishikino. Speaking of which, Nishikino is the talented piano player/song writer from episode 1. Honoka tries to convince her to join the group, but ultimately rejects the offer. The second time, however, she sees the potential in the girls quest to become idol singers. I loved this scene because she gives the usual response a lot of you would give pop songs. "I'm more into classical music and jazz. I'm too high brow to respect the world put into pop music." Nishikino realizes that the girls are working hard to become "silly" idols and that the lyrics Honoka showed her were GOOD. Inspired, Nishikino secretly makes a CD and mails it to Honoka's house. She not only sings the poem by Umi beautiful, she added her own melody. This the point of the episode where the girls realize that things are looking up now.

Better! Effort! I'm very surprised by the story telling here. It's standard, sure, but it doesn't stray from the goal of saving the school with their idol dream. Can't wait to see where things go from here.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Bubuzuke points : 42532
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2524

http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Love Live! anime/manga discussion Empty Re: Love Live! anime/manga discussion

Post by SulliMike23 Thu May 02, 2013 10:39 pm

Ahh yes...Love Live! Great series. Needs another season!
SulliMike23
SulliMike23
Coral student
Coral student

Bubuzuke points : 959
Armitage GUTS!!! : 281

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Fri May 03, 2013 6:34 pm

SulliMike23 wrote:Ahh yes...Love Live! Great series. Needs another season!

Agreed and I'm not even finished with it! haha. I'm still surprised that this little series is delivering on story! Another review coming soon, I'm watching episodes 3-8 tonight.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Lena Sayers Sat May 18, 2013 1:19 pm

Just finished watching the anime xD! I love it! Hopefully there is season 2 which will talk about the girls performing in Love live! I was addicted to the songs such as: bokura no live kimi to no life, Aishiteru Banzai hmm.. make that all of the songs that is sung by them xD!
Lena Sayers
Lena Sayers
Coral student
Coral student

Bubuzuke points : 979
Armitage GUTS!!! : 278
Location : *~Somewhere in the palace teaching Arika to be a good Miester Otome~*

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Sat May 18, 2013 11:22 pm

Lena Sayers wrote:Just finished watching the anime xD! I love it! Hopefully there is season 2 which will talk about the girls performing in Love live! I was addicted to the songs such as: bokura no live kimi to no life, Aishiteru Banzai hmm.. make that all of the songs that is sung by them xD!

I haven't finished the series since I've been so busy. ;_; You're right about the songs being catchy. What was the name of the song being played when the girls first saw A-RISE? It was stuck in my cranium all day!

I do have a day off tomorrow, so I'll finish the series by Monday. Feels
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by SulliMike23 Sun May 19, 2013 3:13 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
Lena Sayers wrote:Just finished watching the anime xD! I love it! Hopefully there is season 2 which will talk about the girls performing in Love live! I was addicted to the songs such as: bokura no live kimi to no life, Aishiteru Banzai hmm.. make that all of the songs that is sung by them xD!

I haven't finished the series since I've been so busy. ;_; You're right about the songs being catchy. What was the name of the song being played when the girls first saw A-RISE? It was stuck in my cranium all day!

I do have a day off tomorrow, so I'll finish the series by Monday. Feels
It's called Private Wars
SulliMike23
SulliMike23
Coral student
Coral student

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Mon May 20, 2013 12:31 am

SulliMike23 wrote:It's called Private Wars

Thanks, Sulli. I'll track it down after my marathon. I'm on episode 7 right now.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Mon May 20, 2013 10:27 pm

Man, so much happened in the episodes I've seen lately. Umi-chan learns to overcome her stage freight and short skirts. Dramatic climax with the girls seeing nothing but an empty auditorium. They did the right thing by performing as it shows that whether you're performing for 50,000 people or just 5, you'll sing and dance your best.

Love Live! anime/manga discussion Vlcsna24
Love Live! anime/manga discussion Vlcsna26

Speaking of audiences, I loved Honoka's advice for Umi when handling stage freight. Just imagine the audience...AS VEGETABLES! LOL!

Love Live! anime/manga discussion Vlcsna25

Koizumi aka Kayochin is properly introduced in the next episode. Kotori has an obsession with alpacas! HAHA! We even learn that Kayochin's friend Rin-chan is afraid of being girly, due to remarks by immature boys regarding her skirt as a child. Kayochin visits Nishikino's mansion sized home and tells her that she's been a secret fan of her voice and music. Hey, Hey! Hey Start Dash!

Love Live! anime/manga discussion Vlcsna27

Love Live! anime/manga discussion Vlcsna28

Love Live! anime/manga discussion Vlcsna29

Because I'm almost done with the series, I'll skip thoughts on recent episodes and just review Love Live as a whole in my next point. Just three episodes to go, but I love what I'm seeing! setsuna

Love Live! anime/manga discussion Vlcsna30 <--- This was funny. I laughed HARD.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by SulliMike23 Tue May 21, 2013 8:14 pm

Oh yeah, Kayo-chin went to both Honoka and Honoka's sister's rooms and they both came out saying..."Did you see?"
SulliMike23
SulliMike23
Coral student
Coral student

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Tue May 21, 2013 11:57 pm

SulliMike23 wrote:Oh yeah, Kayo-chin went to both Honoka and Honoka's sister's rooms and they both came out saying..."Did you see?"

Priceless scene! Kayochin had no idea what to expect. XD
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Lena Sayers Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:08 am

Well, Love live! school idol project anime television series was produced by Sunrise and directed by Takahiko Kyōgoku. I don't know why. But while I was watching LL it feels like I was watching the Mai-Series Characters becoming school idols xD! Maybe because Love live was produced by Sunrise and certain traits of the Mai-Series characters can be seen so clearly in the anime >v<.
Lena Sayers
Lena Sayers
Coral student
Coral student

Bubuzuke points : 979
Armitage GUTS!!! : 278
Location : *~Somewhere in the palace teaching Arika to be a good Miester Otome~*

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Tue Jul 01, 2014 4:32 pm

bump 

Quick thoughts on Love Live season 2, episode 8:

Love Live! anime/manga discussion Vlcsnap-2014-07-01-14h47m03s78_zpsc900df35
Love Live! anime/manga discussion Vlcsnap-2014-07-01-14h46m05s72_zpsfce6deea

'Love Live' is a series that is about bonding and working as a team, all the while saying and doing cute things. This is how I saw it after the last episode I watched from season 1. Now that I've jumped ahead to season 2's 8th episode to see the treasured NozoEri centered episode...it hasn't changed.

Love Live! anime/manga discussion Vlcsnap-2014-07-01-14h45m27s220_zpscfcfbb5d
Love Live! anime/manga discussion Vlcsnap-2014-07-01-14h45m22s172_zpsbf483937

That's not a bad thing, per se. This series was tailor made to be nice and simple, so don't expect a masterpiece or a piece of goldfish string because it's a fun watch. That being said, this episode set off explosives inside my cranium. Nozomi and Eri, the now canon couple of Love Live, spend a majority of the episode staring at one another; blushing heavily~ There's even a scene where Eri willingly wraps her arms around Nozomi in an embrace that only your lover would give you. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Love Live! anime/manga discussion Vlcsnap-2014-07-01-15h05m53s202_zps79fdc9d9
Love Live! anime/manga discussion Vlcsnap-2014-07-01-15h05m59s2_zps2f291462

If that wasn't enough, we get some insight on Nozomi's past as this lonely girl who never made any friends, which is why the formation of μ's became the greatest gift in her young life. Well, SECOND greatest gift. The first was meeting Eri, a strong willed girl who says and does what she wants. The kind of girl Nozomi strives to be and fall in love with.

Love Live! anime/manga discussion Vlcsnap-2014-07-01-14h57m06s49_zps7c41c837

MOAR LIKE...

Love Live! anime/manga discussion Bewb10

But I'm shocked that nobody on tumblr caught the most important aspect of all! When Nozomi first introduced herself to Eri, she was *THIS* close to introducing herself as the shy and lonely girl she really is. Instead, she switches to "Ah mah~" Kaichou personality on a turn of a dime. This doesn't bother me because it would of been risky to present herself as an introvert; afraid Eri wouldn't be interested in her. So she puts on her "Confidence" mask to make it easier to speak to her.

Love Live! anime/manga discussion Vlcsnap-2014-07-01-14h56m40s17_zps31cef311

SUNRISE, you not only took notes from Shizuru and Natsuki in Mai-HiME (oh come on, people. COME ON. It's so fudgin' obvious here!!!), you twisted it a little to create something cute. There's no need for a rating here. Every episode of Love Live is cut and paste; but I do give this episode points for addressing the feelings one has for another. Making a seemingly perfect character like Nozomi relatable (so not a word...)

Oh and...

Love Live! anime/manga discussion Shizli10

Philosodori Coincidence on Sunrise's part? I THINK NOT!
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down