Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sakura Trick anime and manga discussion

2 posters

Go down

Sakura Trick anime and manga discussion Empty Sakura Trick anime and manga discussion

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:58 pm

Sakura Trick
Sakura Trick anime and manga discussion Bclt2j10
Sakura Trick anime and manga discussion 8696e510
Sakura Trick anime and manga discussion 71731010
Sakura Trick anime and manga discussion 39921210
---

Source: http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2014/01/05/video-sakura-trick-anime-preview

This winter, Haruka Tomatsu (Saki in Valvrave) and Yuka Iguchi (Majestic Prince's Tamaki Irie) star in an anime adaptation of Tachi's 2011 yuri four-panel manga Sakura Trick, a series from Time Kirara Miracle!, from the family of magazines probably best known for K-on!, about a pair of girls who were inseparable in junior high, but are forced to socialize with other peers when placed at opposite sides of the class in high school.

Kenichi Ishikura (Hidamari Sketch) directs the Studio DEEN anime, planned for January 2014 with Kyuta Sakai (Higurashi, Ichigo Mashimaro) on character designs.

Get a look at the preview...

---

Sakura Trick is rumored to be the biggest yuri release of the year (if not the only major yuri anime of the year...). My girlfriend and I enjoyed the manga a lot and it's nice to see the anime look similar in artwork to the manga. I'll be reviewing the anime for sure. Anyone else excited? :3 It's been quite a long yuri drought up until now....
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Bubuzuke points : 42532
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2524

http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Sakura Trick anime and manga discussion Empty Re: Sakura Trick anime and manga discussion

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:37 pm

Sakura Trick anime and manga discussion Vlcsn126

Ah, Sakura Trick. A series that is difficult to review...so far. Seriously guys, I can't give you an in-depth review of the first episode. Yes, I enjoyed it greatly! The art was similar to the manga, the characters are fun (oh Haruka, your horny, horny toad!) and the yuri is blunt and obvious. Perfect for a series like this.

Sakura Trick anime and manga discussion Vlcsn127

However, it's difficult to explore this as the first episode has one running joke throughout: Haruka is trying to kiss Yuu over and over again. THAT'S IT! XDDDDD We're briefly introduced to the other characters like Kotone, Shizuku, Kaede, etc. The strong point of the series is the yuri. The guys are always faded in the background and play absolutely zero role (thank goodness). There's flirting, kissing, hugging, everything! It's similar to a typical day between Mai-Multiverse members.

Sakura Trick anime and manga discussion Vlcsn125
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Sakura Trick anime and manga discussion Empty Re: Sakura Trick anime and manga discussion

Post by Bluholic711 Wed May 28, 2014 10:40 pm

Okay, I have to be completely honest here.
This series didn't appeal to me. Like, at all.

Don't get me wrong, I like yuri. But, it has to be executed very well and thought out. Enough with this moe, cutesy stuff. I want a little more realism like with the manga Girlfriends.
I just think the creators of Sakura Trick were trying too hard to shove as much kissing, hugging, and lovey dovey stuff as possible. They were just trying too hard to get ratings off of this. I just felt awkward watching the first episode with the kissing scenes. Everything regarding any kind of "romance" was all up in your face just like Korra's lady fumi-awful rushed romance subplots.

There wasn't much subtly in the romance. Heck, even the second couple's (incest by the way, eww!) relationship started with a first kiss! What?! Whoa there, horny teens, calm your naughty bits, now!

If you like someone, you ask them out first. Buy them a drink, ask them out on a study date. So, yeah, a loving relationship starting with a kiss seems so unrealistic and illogical to me.

Also, Yuu's sister needs to back off. Haruka and Yuu are a couple, get over it. Don't pull any strings to steal away your imouto's lover. That's not cool. Older sisters don't do that crap. You need to recognize your other friends, one of which is crushing on you.

I didn't mean to make a rant out of this.
Just had to let it out.

Last edited by Bluholic711 on Thu May 29, 2014 7:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bluholic711
Bluholic711
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

Bubuzuke points : 4629
Armitage GUTS!!! : 626

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Thu May 29, 2014 5:41 pm

Again:

The girls in Sakura Trick may have kissed a billion-fo-fillion times, but that doesn't mean anything when the yuri is so in-your-face. Now you know why I stopped reviewing the series, Blu. Every episode is exactly the same! Over the top antics with the girls trying desperately to get laid.

In yuri, you shouldn't give us what we want....ON THE FIRST BATCH OF EPISODES. You either give us too much like in this series or nothing at all, even though you've got all the tools like in The Legend of Korra.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down