Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anime Convention News: Your experiences/upcoming MM con appearances! (next: New York Comic Con)

+23
LiteraryAnomaly
GhibliFreek
BMeph
firesphere306
Konaxookami
Aud8
Sergay Tate
Yuri-hime
depression76
MidnightPersona
Highman
hildebrant
Kyubey Mittens
Ice Silver Crystal
WolvenBane08
pokemoneg
ookamidesu
Chibi Rachy
Flamewolf119
Midori Sugiura99
SpiderNeKoHiME
Milla
Luu Sky Sapphire
27 posters

Page 2 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next

Go down

Anime Convention News: Your experiences/upcoming MM con appearances! (next: New York Comic Con) - Page 2 Empty Re: Anime Convention News: Your experiences/upcoming MM con appearances! (next: New York Comic Con)

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Fri Jul 30, 2010 2:40 am

Flamewolf119 wrote:No, I don't know... They were all speaking le french anyway, so I didn't ask any questions.

Pfft, that wouldn't stop me. ^_^ Languages barriers lead to new friendship, possibly even a relationship. It happened to me before. *Hmm* You're most certainly the shy type. ;P
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Bubuzuke points : 42532
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2524

http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Anime Convention News: Your experiences/upcoming MM con appearances! (next: New York Comic Con) - Page 2 Empty Re: Anime Convention News: Your experiences/upcoming MM con appearances! (next: New York Comic Con)

Post by Flamewolf119 Fri Jul 30, 2010 4:30 pm

T__T Yeah, I guess so.........hmph
Flamewolf119
Flamewolf119
HiME Ranger
HiME Ranger

Bubuzuke points : 187
Armitage GUTS!!! : 79

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:18 pm

Flamewolf119 wrote:T__T Yeah, I guess so.........hmph

;P Ha ha.

Gee, I wonder how the flaming wolf is doing right now. Wink That's a lot of vacation trips in such a short amount of time.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Flamewolf119 Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:12 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:

Gee, I wonder how the flaming wolf is doing right now. Wink That's a lot of vacation trips in such a short amount of time.

I KNOW DIS!! I'm beat! I think I have one more coming up too. The problem with this last vacation (Florida) was that I had no internet the entire time. Which I was not warned about. THE BLACK ABYSS.
Flamewolf119
Flamewolf119
HiME Ranger
HiME Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:42 pm

Flamewolf119 wrote:I KNOW DIS!! I'm beat! I think I have one more coming up too. The problem with this last vacation (Florida) was that I had no internet the entire time. Which I was not warned about. THE BLACK ABYSS.

>_< I know how you feel. I suffered through THE BLACK ABYSS during my trip to Europe 4 years ago. I spent most of my free time flirting with women, the best way to cope with internet loss. X3

This forum has Yuri Con 2007(mine), Syracuse Heroes Expo 2010(mine), and Connecticon 2010(Gill) antics in it's archives. My next destination will be in October for the NY Anime Festival. I just got confirmation that Midori-sama will be coming with me! *raises fist* We will dominate the most famous city in the world for the 2nd time! 8)
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Midori Sugiura99 Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:49 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:My next destination will be in October for the NY Anime Festival. I just got confirmation that Midori-sama will be coming with me! *raises fist* We will dominate the most famous city in the world for the 2nd time! 8)

AND I WILL BE WEARING A STACHE.
Midori Sugiura99
Midori Sugiura99
Asami Hikaru aka Komu
Asami Hikaru aka Komu

Bubuzuke points : 4714
Armitage GUTS!!! : 913

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:53 pm

Midori Sugiura99 wrote:AND I WILL BE WEARING A STACHE.

AND I WILL TRY TO CHEW ON IT!
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Flamewolf119 Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:46 am

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:My next destination will be in October for the NY Anime Festival. I just got confirmation that Midori-sama will be coming with me! *raises fist* We will dominate the most famous city in the world for the 2nd time! 8)

AAAHH! I want to go tooooo. Here's the problem: My grandmother's 80th birthday party is that Saturday...and I need to go back to CT for it. Why does it have to be Saturday? I DON'T FREAKING KNOW. Maybe I can make it one of the days though. Y'all are going all three days?

Midori Sugiura99 wrote:

AND I WILL BE WEARING A STACHE.

*wants to pull on it*
Why the stache??
Flamewolf119
Flamewolf119
HiME Ranger
HiME Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by Midori Sugiura99 Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:04 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
Midori Sugiura99 wrote:AND I WILL BE WEARING A STACHE.

AND I WILL TRY TO CHEW ON IT!

You break it, you bought it Razz

Flamewolf119 wrote:*wants to pull on it*
Why the stache??

One of my cosplays (if I can find the shirt, which I don't think will be a problem X3) will be Luigi Lucheni, my favorite character from my favorite Takarazuka show Elisabeth, who looks like this:
Anime Convention News: Your experiences/upcoming MM con appearances! (next: New York Comic Con) - Page 2 0042g0x5

So yessshh, epic stache :D
Midori Sugiura99
Midori Sugiura99
Asami Hikaru aka Komu
Asami Hikaru aka Komu

Bubuzuke points : 4714
Armitage GUTS!!! : 913

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:30 pm

Flamewolf119 wrote:AAAHH! I want to go tooooo. Here's the problem: My grandmother's 80th birthday party is that Saturday...and I need to go back to CT for it. Why does it have to be Saturday? I DON'T FREAKING KNOW. Maybe I can make it one of the days though. Y'all are going all three days?

Ara, we're going all three days! So even if we have to abduct you (and have Midori give you a cavity search...) for a few hours so be it! ^_^ Best wishes to your grandma when the time comes!
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Anime Convention News: Your experiences/upcoming MM con appearances! (next: New York Comic Con) - Page 2 Empty Otakon and You - Now with Meetup Poll. Vote :D

Post by Chibi Rachy Sat Feb 05, 2011 12:27 pm

EDIT: 6/23/11 Okay so it's time to figure out a dinner meetup plan now that we're just about a month away. I've given some options, but they're typically general times. I'd consider lunch between 11-2 and dinner between 5-7. After you vote in the poll, please put in a time you'd like. It would really help me out! Even if you don't want to do dinner, do let me know if you're going. Thanks!

I figured that we could all meet up in front of the Convention Center and then walk to the Inner Harbor area to eat. It would be awesome to get a group picture taken too.

So after talking to a bunch of people in chat, it seems like there are a good many that will be or possibly heading to this con in July. Because everyone is so awesome, there should be a meetup. That's one of the best things about large cons after all. I also propose dinner one night at the Cheesecake Factory, though since the Risembool Rangers tend to also use this location it would be best to work around their plans.

So who plans to go or is a possibility of going? Wanna meet up? Food and cheesecake and other shenanigans? Are you cosplaying or not?

Myself I'm going and will be staying across the street. I'll definitely be cosplaying and if all goes will I'll be Aaeru most of the weekend, and I may do my pajama ninja outfit as well.

Those Going to Otakon

Chibi
Luu
Midori
Neg
hildebrant
Midnight

Last edited by Chibi Rachy on Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:09 pm; edited 9 times in total
Chibi Rachy
Chibi Rachy
Sibylla Aurea of Simoun Fanfic

Bubuzuke points : 479
Armitage GUTS!!! : 174

http://chibirachy.livejournal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Sat Feb 05, 2011 6:52 pm

^_^ I'll be at Otakon this year and will join The Rach at any festivity she sets up. Cheesecake Factory is too damn good to pass up. o_o;

Cosplaying, not sure yet, I'd like to go as Reito. We shall see...
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Chibi Rachy Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:32 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:^_^ I'll be at Otakon this year and will join The Rach at any festivity she sets up. Cheesecake Factory is too damn good to pass up. o_o;

Cosplaying, not sure yet, I'd like to go as Reito. We shall see...

Awesome. I'm going to do a Simoun meetup too, though it may be of a much smaller scale XD Anyway, I don't think there are many who could turn down the Cheesecake Factory. I know Risembool did dinner Saturday night last year, so maybe do a Friday night thing or something. Two of my roommates are Rangers so I can always double check with them to see what they're doing.
Chibi Rachy
Chibi Rachy

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:39 am

Chibi Rachy wrote:Awesome. I'm going to do a Simoun meetup too, though it may be of a much smaller scale XD Anyway, I don't think there are many who could turn down the Cheesecake Factory. I know Risembool did dinner Saturday night last year, so maybe do a Friday night thing or something. Two of my roommates are Rangers so I can always double check with them to see what they're doing.

XD Nah, if anything it'll be just as small as our Multiverse one. Trust me, nothing ever goes as planned in my experience. ^^;

Cool, once we get close to July, give me the full details on what we'll be doing. :) Course, I gotta set some time aside for myself. Dealer's Room and all....
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Chibi Rachy Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:44 am

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
Chibi Rachy wrote:Awesome. I'm going to do a Simoun meetup too, though it may be of a much smaller scale XD Anyway, I don't think there are many who could turn down the Cheesecake Factory. I know Risembool did dinner Saturday night last year, so maybe do a Friday night thing or something. Two of my roommates are Rangers so I can always double check with them to see what they're doing.

XD Nah, if anything it'll be just as small as our Multiverse one. Trust me, nothing ever goes as planned in my experience. ^^;

Cool, once we get close to July, give me the full details on what we'll be doing. :) Course, I gotta set some time aside for myself. Dealer's Room and all....

Well, one shall see eh?

I'll do that. I also spend a lot of time in the DR... it's fun to go through and find different things. There's this one booth I've been to every year...they have some wonderful small figures from a heck of a lot of series. It's great. I always buy something from them.
Chibi Rachy
Chibi Rachy

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:48 am

Chibi Rachy wrote:I'll do that. I also spend a lot of time in the DR... it's fun to go through and find different things. There's this one booth I've been to every year...they have some wonderful small figures from a heck of a lot of series. It's great. I always buy something from them.

It is. Observe me and you'll notice the hundred dollar bills waiting to be spent. I prepare myself well for these occasions, Dealer's Rooms have a tendency to have something you want so badly, the fate of the planet depends on it. Even if you don't need it right away. It's the atmosphere, one gets caught up in it. :)

I think I know that booth, they were at NYAF last October. :)
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by ookamidesu Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:16 am

There is a possibility that I will be going. I'm not sure yet. Honestly, it really depends if my baby can make it. If she can't, chances of me going slims down quite a bit.

Also, I haven't made any living arrangements yet. And I'm guessing I really should've at this point? well...damn

XD
ookamidesu
ookamidesu
Sexilicious Zhang-papa
Sexilicious Zhang-papa

Bubuzuke points : 8884
Armitage GUTS!!! : 1354

http://jnz5012.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:03 pm

^^; Yeah, have to side with Dye's feelings here. Without Midori, the experience is weighed down for me. Otakon is an exception since I haven't gone in a long time. My last Otakon was 2007, so I'm not missing out this time. I'll try to bring my love on board, plus I wanna meet The Rach too.

Anyone wanting to go but need money/living arrangements, just contact me via PM. Only two members though, can't afford more than that.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Chibi Rachy Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:47 pm

haha I understand guys. See I typically hitch a ride with a friend and we stay together, but I tend to wander the convention by myself so I am not really used to hanging out with anyone (though I did meet a friend last year).

Dye, people start booking rooms and lodging before the Otakon of the previous year is up. Last year during 2010's Otakon, Passkey opened up booking for 2011's Otakon. It was less than a year away so it was able to be done. I happened to catch it in my room that morning, and booked for my group for 2011. Of course, if you look around on various message boards, you can always find someone to bunk with.

And of course you wanna meet me Luu. I'm too damned awesome not to meet!
Chibi Rachy
Chibi Rachy

Back to top Go down

Post by pokemoneg Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:15 pm

I'm planning to go, but I'm only 75% sure I'm gonna go.
I'll be going with two of my freshmen bros~ So, I'll be pretty broke. OTL

I'm planning on cosplaying as Nao-sempai, Break String Spinel robe.
With the claw included. ;D
Apparently, according to Google, I'd be the first. =U=

Anyway, we should meet up for lunch also.
And take a boatload of pics. XD
pokemoneg
pokemoneg
Lord of teh InterNEG
Lord of teh InterNEG

Bubuzuke points : 770
Armitage GUTS!!! : 258

http://www.pokemoneg.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:56 pm

Boatload of pics for sure. :) I can get a Reito uniform in time for Otakon meh thinks. Of course, someone will have the privilege of carrying around ShizNat (need two people to do this, I'd rather hold Dominura from Simoun this time.):

That's them dancing and making lovage at last year's New York Anime Festival. Razz *psst* The rainbow bracelet belongs to my Midori-sama. *licks her*
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by pokemoneg Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:11 pm

PFFFT LOL
*spews her tea across both her monitors*
pokemoneg
pokemoneg
Lord of teh InterNEG
Lord of teh InterNEG

Bubuzuke points : 770
Armitage GUTS!!! : 258

http://www.pokemoneg.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by WolvenBane08 Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:40 pm

*dies laughing*
That's awesome!
WolvenBane08
WolvenBane08
Shizuru Fujino-Mama a.k.a. The Viola-tor
Shizuru Fujino-Mama a.k.a. The Viola-tor

Bubuzuke points : 950
Armitage GUTS!!! : 285

http://wolvenbane08.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:31 am

Razz And to think Natsuki didn't like making a scene in front of people. Everyone really got a kick out of them. I usually do that with my massive collection of anime plush. Should of seen me at Otakon 2003 with my Mireille plush from Noir. Everybody wanted her, I ended up hissing at random Otaku. XD
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Chibi Rachy Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:47 am

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:Boatload of pics for sure. :) I can get a Reito uniform in time for Otakon meh thinks. Of course, someone will have the privilege of carrying around ShizNat (need two people to do this, I'd rather hold Dominura from Simoun this time.)

Won't be me. I'll have Aaeru to carry around :D Is your Dominura finished? If so, you surely should show pics of her. How big did she end up being?
Chibi Rachy
Chibi Rachy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next