Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

It's Official! HaruKino

5 posters

Go down

It's Official!  HaruKino Empty It's Official! HaruKino

Post by MidnightPersona Sun May 15, 2011 1:44 am

So, everyone's knows the HaruKino couple had been up for debate on whether or not it's fulfilled. Well, I was re-watching My-Otome and on Episode 9. This happens:

Haruka fails to remember she needs authorization to Materialize. Falls. Yukino runs up and...

Yukino: Are you okay Haruka dear?

Haruka: What did I say about calling me dear in public!?!"

So... nao that we know... xD Haruka and Yukino hide it better than the Bubuzuke woman and her mutt, but they still go it... but only to someone paying attention. Watch it and tell me I'm wrong. ;D

Note: American Dub. I haven't seen Otome subbed so dunno there.
MidnightPersona
MidnightPersona
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

Bubuzuke points : 4253
Armitage GUTS!!! : 798

Back to top Go down

It's Official!  HaruKino Empty Re: It's Official! HaruKino

Post by Chaglette Sun May 15, 2011 2:29 am

If I remembered correctly in Otome subbed Yukino called her Haruka-chan and Haruka told her not to add the -chan Armitage
Chaglette
Chaglette
Archmeister of Fujinoism
Archmeister of Fujinoism

Bubuzuke points : 4959
Armitage GUTS!!! : 1293

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Sun May 15, 2011 3:58 pm

Mikoto Minagi ALL HAIL HARUKINO CANON-NESS!

Certain subtitled versions could downplay the hidden lesbian undertone, like the Bandai Entertainment subtitles did with Shizuru and Natsuki's touching final moments in episode 25.

I'm leaning towards the canon side of things as Mai Otome gave us what wasn't exactly 'there' in Mai-HiME, ya know?
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Bubuzuke points : 42532
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2524

http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by MidnightPersona Mon May 16, 2011 9:39 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote: Mikoto Minagi ALL HAIL HARUKINO CANON-NESS!

Certain subtitled versions could downplay the hidden lesbian undertone, like the Bandai Entertainment subtitles did with Shizuru and Natsuki's touching final moments in episode 25.

I'm leaning towards the canon side of things as Mai Otome gave us what wasn't exactly 'there' in Mai-HiME, ya know?

I agree Daddy Luu. I prefer the dub for the ShizNat final scene because it seemed more truthful to the couple.

HaruKino is very underplayed due to Haruka and Yukino both being more 'private' characters with their relationship. The scene I mentioned, for example, most people (including a HaruKino fanwhore like me) can miss at first. They have an edge of mystery compared to the IN YOUR FACE that is ShizNat, but anyone with half a brain can see that Haruka and Yukino don't really fit with anyone else the way they do with each other. Each character is lacking without the other.
MidnightPersona
MidnightPersona
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Wed May 18, 2011 11:44 am

MidnightPersona wrote:I agree Daddy Luu. I prefer the dub for the ShizNat final scene because it seemed more truthful to the couple.

HaruKino is very underplayed due to Haruka and Yukino both being more 'private' characters with their relationship. The scene I mentioned, for example, most people (including a HaruKino fanwhore like me) can miss at first. They have an edge of mystery compared to the IN YOUR FACE that is ShizNat, but anyone with half a brain can see that Haruka and Yukino don't really fit with anyone else the way they do with each other. Each character is lacking without the other.

Expect a comparison scene for that in the near future. ^_~ Mai-fans (especially the ShizNation) needs to know the differences. When dubbed Natsuki said "I truly love you, Shizuru. I really do." I thought I was gonna freak out.

You do have something there, Raven. Despite Yukino's scenes with Mai and the others, she works best with Haruka. I don't want to say they're dull characters on their own, but like a classic duo comedy team, these two belong together to shine their brightest.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by MidnightPersona Wed May 18, 2011 1:55 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:Expect a comparison scene for that in the near future. ^_~ Mai-fans (especially the ShizNation) needs to know the differences. When dubbed Natsuki said "I truly love you, Shizuru. I really do." I thought I was gonna freak out.

You do have something there, Raven. Despite Yukino's scenes with Mai and the others, she works best with Haruka. I don't want to say they're dull characters on their own, but like a classic duo comedy team, these two belong together to shine their brightest.

Same ^^" That was a cute scene.

I agree 100% Luu. They're both amazing characters, but together they're just so much MORE. It's why I couldn't separate their hot seats (That and Haruka would be too busy yelling to answer xD).

Aldo, I love how when Mikoto and Yukino had their private conversation that Mikoto accidentally helped Yukino realize she was in love with Haruka. Yukino was endeared toward Mikoto, but in nothing more than the sense that Mikoto is a somewhat more naive and innocent version of Haruka in some senses. As the beach scene showed Yukino dropped her activites of teh sandcastle with Mikoto to do what Haruka ordered/asked and put lotion on her (Happily, of course). Mikoto also points out wherever Yukino is Haruka is and vice-versa. Oh, and the look on Haruka's face when Natsuki dragged her off that one episode... priceless. I'm shocked Haruka didn't follow, but was probably to shocked and confused to think.

Hmm... this is the first time I really paid attention to Mikoto's very Haruka-like nature, but even Mikoto isn't as bad-ass as Haruka. :D
MidnightPersona
MidnightPersona
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Sat May 21, 2011 4:19 pm

MidnightPersona wrote:
Aldo, I love how when Mikoto and Yukino had their private conversation that Mikoto accidentally helped Yukino realize she was in love with Haruka. Yukino was endeared toward Mikoto, but in nothing more than the sense that Mikoto is a somewhat more naive and innocent version of Haruka in some senses. As the beach scene showed Yukino dropped her activites of teh sandcastle with Mikoto to do what Haruka ordered/asked and put lotion on her (Happily, of course). Mikoto also points out wherever Yukino is Haruka is and vice-versa. Oh, and the look on Haruka's face when Natsuki dragged her off that one episode... priceless. I'm shocked Haruka didn't follow, but was probably to shocked and confused to think.

Yukino caught herself in her own trap by having that conversation. ;3 Sometimes you realize the true feelings you have for someone by talking it out. *nudges you* In any event, it benefits Yukino to be aware of her feelings for Haruka because she can try little by little to start a relationship with her. I don't care what anyone says, when Haruka (Suzushiro specifically) thinks about it, she will accept Yukino's feelings. It'll be one of those "why didn't I think of that" epiphanies that humans beings normally get. I agree on the latter of your final sentence, Haruka was too dumbfounded as to why anyone but her would want to hang around Yukino. Sure, Yukino can have friends, it's just the whole thing of needing Yukino for emergencies seems awkward to Haruka. Careful Executive Director, they may be doing THIS and THAT to your girl without you knowing. Shizuru Fujino

MidnightPersona wrote:Hmm... this is the first time I really paid attention to Mikoto's very Haruka-like nature, but even Mikoto isn't as bad-ass as Haruka. :D

Mikoto is a the ultimate bad-ass on the battlefield imo, but not as an everyday person. Haruka is badass all the way, the Mai-Series' equivalent of Chuck Norris....without the beard. ;3
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by MidnightPersona Sat May 21, 2011 4:54 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:Yukino caught herself in her own trap by having that conversation. ;3 Sometimes you realize the true feelings you have for someone by talking it out. *nudges you* In any event, it benefits Yukino to be aware of her feelings for Haruka because she can try little by little to start a relationship with her. I don't care what anyone says, when Haruka (Suzushiro specifically) thinks about it, she will accept Yukino's feelings. It'll be one of those "why didn't I think of that" epiphanies that humans beings normally get. I agree on the latter of your final sentence, Haruka was too dumbfounded as to why anyone but her would want to hang around Yukino. Sure, Yukino can have friends, it's just the whole thing of needing Yukino for emergencies seems awkward to Haruka. Careful Executive Director, they may be doing THIS and THAT to your girl without you knowing. Shizuru Fujino

Agree 100%, I do. Without Yukino Haruka isn't sure what to do, and the only reason Yukino even goes along with anything the HiME do is to protect Haruka-Chan. So sweet <3

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:Mikoto is a the ultimate bad-ass on the battlefield imo, but not as an everyday person. Haruka is badass all the way, the Mai-Series' equivalent of Chuck Norris....without the beard. ;3

fack Chuck Norris, Haruka Suzushiro/Armitage could roundhouse kick Chuck Norris into non-existence. She is full of win!
MidnightPersona
MidnightPersona
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Sat May 21, 2011 11:15 pm

MidnightPersona wrote:Agree 100%, I do. Without Yukino Haruka isn't sure what to do, and the only reason Yukino even goes along with anything the HiME do is to protect Haruka-Chan. So sweet <3

Her devotion to Haruka explains a lot of her action, yes. Can you blame her? She is the only person that ever protected Yukino and treated her with the kindness rarely found in real life.

MidnightPersona wrote:fack Chuck Norris, Haruka Suzushiro/Armitage could roundhouse kick Chuck Norris into non-existence. She is full of win!

XD YES! All those Chuck Norris "facts" are fake anyway. Armitage Haruka is real. She's DAMN REAL.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by MidnightPersona Tue May 24, 2011 4:36 am

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:Her devotion to Haruka explains a lot of her action, yes. Can you blame her? She is the only person that ever protected Yukino and treated her with the kindness rarely found in real life.

Haruka's actions also revolve around Yukino far more than one would think initially. Haruka may be openly "rivals" with Shizuru she always has Yukino at her side. She doesn't even give Yukino a CHOICE in the matter. Think about it. Everytime something goes wrong what's the first thing out of her mouth? "Yukino!" Or there's the instance with the 'vampire' where Haruka orders Yukino to go sleep because Haruka :knows: Yukino needs sleep to be at 100% where-as she's fine. She pays attention to Yukino and wants to be sure her love--I mean best friend and partner--is safe. ^^"

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:XD YES! All those Chuck Norris "facts" are fake anyway. Armitage Haruka is real. She's DAMN REAL.

Armitage is so real that it's crazy. Haruka just keeps kicking more and more ass. :3
MidnightPersona
MidnightPersona
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Tue May 24, 2011 12:38 pm

MidnightPersona wrote:Haruka's actions also revolve around Yukino far more than one would think initially. Haruka may be openly "rivals" with Shizuru she always has Yukino at her side. She doesn't even give Yukino a CHOICE in the matter. Think about it. Everytime something goes wrong what's the first thing out of her mouth? "Yukino!" Or there's the instance with the 'vampire' where Haruka orders Yukino to go sleep because Haruka :knows: Yukino needs sleep to be at 100% where-as she's fine. She pays attention to Yukino and wants to be sure her love--I mean best friend and partner--is safe. ^^"

It's a tough way of expressing one's need for another human being, Haruka is the type of person who doesn't take advantage of her friend, she is just overprotective. In a good way. ;3

Both would be very lonely people had they never met. Haruka's brash nature and Yukino reserved nature makes them practically married to one another, because it's one of those relationships that nobody else in the can world can comprehend. Just them. <3
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by MidnightPersona Tue May 24, 2011 2:58 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:It's a tough way of expressing one's need for another human being, Haruka is the type of person who doesn't take advantage of her friend, she is just overprotective. In a good way. ;3

I know. ;D It's adorable and makes me happy. If she had the choice Haruka would have taken the responsibility of being a HiME off Yukino's shoulders. But they COULDN'T let Haruka be a HiME or she would've beat EVERYONE by herself INCLUDING the Obsidian Prince. I mean hell, look at the woman! Plus with her Otome incarnation I seriously bout ANYONE truly stands a chance against her EXCEPT Shizuru.

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:Both would be very lonely people had they never met. Haruka's brash nature and Yukino reserved nature makes them practically married to one another, because it's one of those relationships that nobody else in the can world can comprehend. Just them. <3

I say comprehending it isn't that hard, not for me at least, but actually HAVING the relationship with someone else? Now THAT can be hard. I know me and my best friend will alternate out nature's sometimes when we're around each other. I may be Haruka most of the time, but with her I can be JUST LIKE Yukino, and vice-versa. It's kinda adorable. :3

I think the reason ShizNat is more popular is because it's easier for people to understand them than HaruKino. Haruka and Yukino seem shallow to some, but the can be far deeper than ShizNat half the time. In Otome you gotta think about how hard Yukino had to work to get Haruka as her Otome. I SERIOUSLY doubt that they weren't friends for a long time. <3

Haruka and Yukino are just... <3
MidnightPersona
MidnightPersona
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Tue May 24, 2011 8:38 pm

MidnightPersona wrote:I know. ;D It's adorable and makes me happy. If she had the choice Haruka would have taken the responsibility of being a HiME off Yukino's shoulders. But they COULDN'T let Haruka be a HiME or she would've beat EVERYONE by herself INCLUDING the Obsidian Prince. I mean hell, look at the woman! Plus with her Otome incarnation I seriously bout ANYONE truly stands a chance against her EXCEPT Shizuru.

If you read the manga, you'd see how overpowered Haruka was. ^_~ Maybe SUNRISE took notice of this for the anime, or just made her a normal girl just so Yukino's side of the story can be more elusive and interesting. Meister Shizuru?! I doubt she could beat Haruka in a fight, Shizuru's strength is still undetermined while Haruka's is very obvious. ^_~ Haruka has better opponents in Arika Yumemiya, Lena Sayers or Miss Maria.

MidnightPersona wrote:I say comprehending it isn't that hard, not for me at least, but actually HAVING the relationship with someone else? Now THAT can be hard. I know me and my best friend will alternate out nature's sometimes when we're around each other. I may be Haruka most of the time, but with her I can be JUST LIKE Yukino, and vice-versa. It's kinda adorable. :3

I think the reason ShizNat is more popular is because it's easier for people to understand them than HaruKino. Haruka and Yukino seem shallow to some, but the can be far deeper than ShizNat half the time. In Otome you gotta think about how hard Yukino had to work to get Haruka as her Otome. I SERIOUSLY doubt that they weren't friends for a long time. <3

Haruka and Yukino are just... <3

For us as fans it's not difficult to comprehend people like Haruka, Raven. We felt the need to protect someone we love, we've been hurt, and we know it is to love in general. That's the beauty of this series, these characters are very much human. You can't really feel an emotional connection with Bugs Bunny or Osaka from Azumanga Daioh (except stupidity factor lol). That is why I feel a connection with Shizuru, though I'm a man. Misunderstood by people who are wary of me, and expecting love from someone not used to that kind of thing. Somehow, I got my happy ending, all because people gave me a chance. They saw the good in me that nobody else sees. Natsuki did that by defending Nao and she proved it even further by sharing her feelings with Shizuru. Relationships is something else, my firm belief since I dated my first girlfriend was: Sex is easy. Love isn't.

ShizNat are beautiful together, if it weren't for my love for them, this forum and other newer communities wouldn't even be here. But as I've learned this past year, they aren't the only attraction on the card. HaruKino may be shallow due to lack of screentime as we only see them when they're attending school business in HiME, and national committees in Otome. To counter the lack of spotlight by the series, we get touching scenes between the two that make our imagination venture into the reaches of yuri space. Yukino working hard to have a Haruka as her Otome is the same as one of us saving up all our money, just to be with the one we love overseas or across the border. It's a way of showing DEVOTION to someone who was worth months, even years of pursuing. True love is something you work for sometimes, not something that can be handed to you. Haruka and Yukino are perfect for one another, no matter how "obsessed" Haruka can be for her tea-drunk rival. It's not a bad crack-ship, I just prefer canon for Haruka and Yukino.

Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by MidnightPersona Wed May 25, 2011 12:50 am

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:If you read the manga, you'd see how overpowered Haruka was. ^_~ Maybe SUNRISE took notice of this for the anime, or just made her a normal girl just so Yukino's side of the story can be more elusive and interesting. Meister Shizuru?! I doubt she could beat Haruka in a fight, Shizuru's strength is still undetermined while Haruka's is very obvious. ^_~ Haruka has better opponents in Arika Yumemiya, Lena Sayers or Miss Maria.

Daddy Luu, how many times MUST I tell you the ANIME came first? Silly. xD You're Manga/anime point is invalid since Anime was first, my point is more accurate, thanks for proving it ;D

Haruka could beat anyone in my opinion, but I love that Meister.

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:For us as fans it's not difficult to comprehend people like Haruka, Raven. We felt the need to protect someone we love, we've been hurt, and we know it is to love in general. That's the beauty of this series, these characters are very much human. You can't really feel an emotional connection with Bugs Bunny or Osaka from Azumanga Daioh (except stupidity factor lol). That is why I feel a connection with Shizuru, though I'm a man. Misunderstood by people who are wary of me, and expecting love from someone not used to that kind of thing. Somehow, I got my happy ending, all because people gave me a chance. They saw the good in me that nobody else sees. Natsuki did that by defending Nao and she proved it even further by sharing her feelings with Shizuru. Relationships is something else, my firm belief since I dated my first girlfriend was: Sex is easy. Love isn't.

ShizNat are beautiful together, if it weren't for my love for them, this forum and other newer communities wouldn't even be here. But as I've learned this past year, they aren't the only attraction on the card. HaruKino may be shallow due to lack of screentime as we only see them when they're attending school business in HiME, and national committees in Otome. To counter the lack of spotlight by the series, we get touching scenes between the two that make our imagination venture into the reaches of yuri space. Yukino working hard to have a Haruka as her Otome is the same as one of us saving up all our money, just to be with the one we love overseas or across the border. It's a way of showing DEVOTION to someone who was worth months, even years of pursuing. True love is something you work for sometimes, not something that can be handed to you. Haruka and Yukino are perfect for one another, no matter how "obsessed" Haruka can be for her tea-drunk rival. It's not a bad crack-ship, I just prefer canon for Haruka and Yukino.

I have no hate for ShizNat, as we know, but it overshadows HaruKino and tohers too much. Especially Otome, HaruKino needed more screen time and Haruka is a FAN FAVORITE. Idk, I just think there was so much more that could've been done. xD
MidnightPersona
MidnightPersona
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

Back to top Go down

Post by Ice Silver Crystal Wed May 25, 2011 1:11 am

ano....Harukino isn't my cup of tea >< Curiously enough, i strictly enjoy them only in mai otome where they are sure of their relationship. implications hehehe!

o.o the anime release before manga, oh my did not know ;^;
Ice Silver Crystal
Ice Silver Crystal
Kruger Wolf Pack Puppy
Kruger Wolf Pack Puppy

Bubuzuke points : 1340
Armitage GUTS!!! : 485

Back to top Go down

Post by MidnightPersona Wed May 25, 2011 1:20 am

Ice Silver Crystal wrote:ano....Harukino isn't my cup of tea >< Curiously enough, i strictly enjoy them only in mai otome where they are sure of their relationship. implications hehehe!

o.o the anime release before manga, oh my did not know ;^;

HaruKino is my cup of LIFE! :D

ANd yes, it was. Most people ALWAYS assume manga is first, but HiME manga was made, if I recall, to attract more males. Also it made Haruka a HiME which we know was really wanted with Yukino as her lovely Key.
MidnightPersona
MidnightPersona
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

Back to top Go down

Post by Sergay Tate Wed May 25, 2011 2:01 am

i reckon it's awesome how they made Haruka a HiME in the manga. she kicked so much ass lol.
and i also reckon HaruKino should have been given more screen time in Otome. they were very relevant to the story line, which is why they got the screen time they did, but it sucks that it was only necessary stuff they showed. seeing them outside official business would have been pretty awesome i must admit. Armitage Yukino
Sergay Tate
Sergay Tate
Cat Goddess
Cat Goddess

Bubuzuke points : 5920
Armitage GUTS!!! : 724

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down