Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bandai Entertainment's English dub for Mai HiME/Otome

+23
Bluholic711
Veronica-Searrs
ookamidesu
Valkyria Lightning
SoulEaterHaruhis0s
bubbleduckie
sarcastic-dog
MidnightPersona
SulliMike23
Sergay Tate
WolvenBane08
The Fire Stirring Ruby
Abicion
Highman
Ice Silver Crystal
Konaxookami
emochick
GaleLupin-Otome
Midori Sugiura99
Kara
SpiderNeKoHiME
Kino karutta-chan
Luu Sky Sapphire
27 posters

Page 3 of 17 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 17  Next

Go down

Bandai Entertainment's English dub for Mai HiME/Otome - Page 3 Empty Re: Bandai Entertainment's English dub for Mai HiME/Otome

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:13 pm

Updates from Midori's YT channel!I have uploaded two clips from the dub, because you can never have enough butchering. Wink

First up is the heated conversation between Natsuki Kuga and Nao Yuuki. Both suck at cracking eggs, sooooo why not take it out on each other! ^_^

This next one truly displays Natsuki's manly voice at it's finest:

Don't Fuka with the eggs.

Last edited by Luu Sky Sapphire on Sat Jul 10, 2010 12:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Bubuzuke points : 42532
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2524

http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Bandai Entertainment's English dub for Mai HiME/Otome - Page 3 Empty Re: Bandai Entertainment's English dub for Mai HiME/Otome

Post by Kara Tue Jul 06, 2010 1:39 pm

Nao's voice sonds too old for her character. But at least she acknowledges Natsuki's butch voice. But, lmfao, those insults were soooo lame! Haha, it was like the white-afied version of ghetto smack talk!

ENOUGH WITH THE EGGS. My favorite part. Ever.
Kara
Kara
Token Straight Girl

Bubuzuke points : 2072
Armitage GUTS!!! : 597

Back to top Go down

Post by Midori Sugiura99 Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:28 pm

Omg srsly XD That whole ep... just... no.

Enough with the eggs.
Midori Sugiura99
Midori Sugiura99
Asami Hikaru aka Komu
Asami Hikaru aka Komu

Bubuzuke points : 4714
Armitage GUTS!!! : 913

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:40 pm

Kara wrote:Nao's voice sonds too old for her character.

I guess so, though it suits her slutty and psycho diva act. ^_^ Her and Natsuki had quite a lame insult contest, it was so hilarious.

"How about this butch rips out some of your gray matter, I can use it as a sponge!"

Come on guys, are you kidding me? Rolling Eyes

I have decided to upload dub clips with their original Japanese (with sub) versions attached to them. In order to see what Bandai played with. If you guys have any scenes in mind, let me know! ^_~
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:50 pm

Oh god, Shizuru sounded like a southern robot in the English part! In the sub it sounded more natural, the dub sounded awkward....

And, on the subject of Natsuki and her butch voice, here's Kenzie's impression of it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3zuwyuL1EI (It's the first fact)
Kara
Kara
Token Straight Girl

Back to top Go down

Post by GaleLupin-Otome Sat Jul 10, 2010 7:05 am

Shizuru's voice aint that bad, I mean sure the japanese version is better but the english aint so bad. Now, Natsuki screaming "Enough with the eggs" in the english dub will haunt me for life...
GaleLupin-Otome
GaleLupin-Otome
Fuuka Academy Student
Fuuka Academy Student

Bubuzuke points : 29
Armitage GUTS!!! : 4

http://GaleRider.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Sat Jul 10, 2010 12:44 pm

Ah, I love our new multiquote button. Now I don't have to make quotes manually like an assshole. XD

Kara wrote:Oh god, Shizuru sounded like a southern robot in the English part! In the sub it sounded more natural, the dub sounded awkward....

And, on the subject of Natsuki and her butch voice, here's Kenzie's impression of it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3zuwyuL1EI (It's the first fact)

LMAO! Dubbed Shizuru sounds worse in other scenes, trust me! My only problem in that clip was the way she said Tokiha.

TOE-KEE-HA

*shivers* Maybe it's correct, but the way she makes it sound....gah. Kenzie on the other hand...is the coolest person I've ever witnessed. XDDDDDD

GaleLupin-Otome wrote:Now, Natsuki screaming "Enough with the eggs" in the english dub will haunt me for life...

That line sounded so subtle in the Japanese original too...:lol: Who knew Bandai could make history by making it the most awkward one-liner in the entire dub.

Here's our next entry:

Akira Okuzaki (Akira-kun!!!) with a message for women. XD j/k, it's her battle against the cake-hungry Orphan. On kitty kitty, On kitty kitty. (I know she says "kiriri" ;P )
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Kino karutta-chan Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:10 pm

Well, one vid was enough, I don't have to watch the others, do I?? XD

Natsuki's voice is really manly, but she doesn't sound like she is from TLW ;P And I am disappointed by Nao's. Even the German one is better O__O Well, the only voice they got well done ~.~
Kino karutta-chan
Kino karutta-chan
Eyes Set to Kk-chan ö.ö
Eyes Set to Kk-chan ö.ö

Bubuzuke points : 7047
Armitage GUTS!!! : 1556

http://kinokarutta-chan.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by SpiderNeKoHiME Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:13 am

on kitty kitty! xD akira sounds too girly compared to her japanese seiyuu....they try too hard.
oh noes...-hard facepalm- i thought natsuki sounded like a butch dyke before...
the eggs video is living proof of how horrible she sounds. -dies a little on the inside-
nao sounds awesome in english! you guys have no idea! no idea!!! X3
SpiderNeKoHiME
SpiderNeKoHiME
Spider Queen
Spider Queen

Bubuzuke points : 1353
Armitage GUTS!!! : 278

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:36 pm

Haha, I watched the Akira clip when she's chanting to her frog and I'm like, "Why don't you just speak english to it?! I'm sure it will understand!"
Kara
Kara
Token Straight Girl

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:18 pm

SpiderNeKoHiME wrote:oh noes...-hard facepalm- i thought natsuki sounded like a butch dyke before...

Butch dyke! I'm gonna steal that one. XD

Kara wrote:Haha, I watched the Akira clip when she's chanting to her frog and I'm like, "Why don't you just speak english to it?! I'm sure it will understand!"

LOL Bandai trying to prove it's peoples gots Japanese pronunciation skillz.

Bandai Entertainment's English dub for Mai HiME/Otome - Page 3 05090710

U TINK DATS BAAAAAD?!

I'M GONNA HAVE CAKE!!!
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by SpiderNeKoHiME Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:04 pm

holy amount?! wtf is that?! x-(
SpiderNeKoHiME
SpiderNeKoHiME
Spider Queen
Spider Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:15 pm

@Megan: the holy amount is the amount that won't make you fat! haha
Kara
Kara
Token Straight Girl

Back to top Go down

Post by SpiderNeKoHiME Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:19 am

Kara wrote:@Megan: the holy amount is the amount that won't make you fat! haha

x3 oh haha...but-but-but-but-but sister got fat a different way...
-stares at creepy guy-
rapist!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
SpiderNeKoHiME
SpiderNeKoHiME
Spider Queen
Spider Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Tue Jul 13, 2010 1:49 pm

:O Hey, Megan, there's no need to call that creepy, squinty-eyed, piggly-ass mother fudger names. That's jus mean. haha
Kara
Kara
Token Straight Girl

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:10 pm

Kara's right, Megan. I mean, he is a creepy motherfuccker who rapes nuns, but you're going too far! And do you use that language at home!? 👅

The latest from our Mai-channel. >_> Nao's confession! If you have any particular scene you wanna see in dub format from Mai HiME or Mai Otome, just ask away! Besides, the Nao video was the last request. ^^;
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:45 pm

Oh! Oh! I wanna see the part in episode like....20 dubbed/subbed? When Natsuki slaps Mai in the face :DD Not because I actually care about the voices, just so I can watch Mai get slapped over and over.

And that in like episode 16..ish? Idk The part where Natsuki goes into the Director's room to find her missing only to have Shizuru come up behind her and tell her the lil wheel chaired midget is out.
Kara
Kara
Token Straight Girl

Back to top Go down

Post by SpiderNeKoHiME Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:04 am

i don't give a Fuka what anyone says! queen nao sounds awesome in the mai hime dub!!!!!!!!!!!
that's just it! she has that "i don't give a fuckk" tone of voice >.< rape me nao! RAPE ME!!!!
x3 kara called mashiro a wheel chaired midget...
i wanna see the dub scene in mai otome where mashiro rips on arika at the pool
SpiderNeKoHiME
SpiderNeKoHiME
Spider Queen
Spider Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:35 pm

SpiderNeKoHiME wrote:i don't give a Fuka what anyone says! queen nao sounds awesome in the mai hime dub!!!!!!!!!!!
that's just it! she has that "i don't give a fuckk" tone of voice >.< rape me nao! RAPE ME!!!!.

Haha, she jus sounded off a bit to me. I liked it better in Mai-Otome dub.

You punned! Get it? Now, Nao?! Hahhahaha, oh god, that was just...

x3 kara called mashiro a wheel chaired midget...

How else am to describe herrr??
Kara
Kara
Token Straight Girl

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:15 pm

Wish granted, girls! Razz Expect them on You Tube in the near future.

Kara wrote:How else am to describe herrr??

Lieutenant Dan....in drag.

Bandai Entertainment's English dub for Mai HiME/Otome - Page 3 Dannnnn
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:15 pm

Hahaha, oh Lieutenant Dan, don't you know that dressing up like little girls is CREEPY? :D
Kara
Kara
Token Straight Girl

Back to top Go down

Post by SpiderNeKoHiME Sat Jul 17, 2010 10:16 am

-LAUGHS- but mashiro has her legs! X333
question kara! do you have the entire mai hime and otome series on dvd?
you sure like the dub alot :o
SpiderNeKoHiME
SpiderNeKoHiME
Spider Queen
Spider Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Sat Jul 17, 2010 7:23 pm

Don't you know? He can re-grow his limbs.

Answer, Megan!
No. I'm a poor, illegal downloader of the whole subbed japanese verison of HiME, that's why my clips are so pretty. As for Otome, I only have like 6 episodes because I didn't really like the anime too much.
Kara
Kara
Token Straight Girl

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Sun Jul 18, 2010 12:02 am

Kara wrote:As for Otome, I only have like 6 episodes because I didn't really like the anime too much.

XD Am I, like, the only overall Mai-Otome fan on the planet?!

If Kara decides to do Mai-Otome Abridged in the year 2029, I'm voicing Arika! *determined look*
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Sun Jul 18, 2010 12:54 am

XD Am I, like, the only overall Mai-Otome fan on the planet?!

If Kara decides to do Mai-Otome Abridged in the year 2029, I'm voicing Arika! *determined look*

Hahaha, on the bright side, I loved the manga :D

But...but...you want Akira to sound like a boy?
Kara
Kara
Token Straight Girl

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 17 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 17  Next