Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Recommend FanFiction [Mai-HiME + Mai-Otome]

+15
GoldenSun13
DefyingMisery
Whirlwind Rose Quarts
IlliterateKoi
Moneypenny
Magus Phantalus
ookamidesu
HollowPoint
Amaya
AtlantisLux
Judamacaby
Chibi Rachy
Ice Silver Crystal
SpiderNeKoHiME
Luu Sky Sapphire
19 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Recommend FanFiction [Mai-HiME + Mai-Otome] - Page 3 Empty Re: Recommend FanFiction [Mai-HiME + Mai-Otome]

Post by Dattebayo Suki Mon Jan 02, 2017 4:55 pm

This is exactly what I was about to post. Fumi I love her stories. (...I re-read this post and have yet to figure out why the hell I wrote 'Fumi' there. I decided to leave it in case someone could enlighten me.)

OK. I don't understand WHY, but none of you seem to have read these stories. Rachel recommended them, and I'm about to re-recommend them.

Antipode is the first in this series. It was written while it's sequel "The Kyoto Hunt" was still going. It starts off telling basically what happened with Shizuru and Natsuki after the carnival. This story presents Shizuru in a new light from what we've mostly seen. She's not a spoiled, perfect, rich princess as most of the stories portray her. This is one of the main reasons I was enamored by the story, among other things. One of the running themes in this story is mutual loneliness which I think is such an amazing concept.

The Kyoto Hunt is the second in the series. This is one of the only stories I have ever read that has connected HiME and Otome in a believable and coherent manner. It isn't without plot-holes, of course, but they are few and far between. This story covers the HiME's struggle against the rise of Searrs and their takeover. If this isn't enough to interest you, here is a very recent piece of art-work that is just PHENOMENAL. I've been gushing about it all day.

The Calm is a series of six fairly short one-shots that range from fluffy to sad to humorous. They're basically just a few side-stories that will impact your read of the final story, Mai Kisaki, greatly.

Mai Kisaki is the final installment in the series, and it is one giant whirlwind of emotion. It is the distant sequel to The Kyoto Hunt, and the immediate sequel to the Otome anime. There's not a lot of romance, but there are some very touching moments, some interesting plot twists, and a whole lot of crying. I can't really say much more because I don't want to spoil anything.

I've kind of accepted these stories as my own personal canon.

Regarding the HiME series itself, I don't believe that Shizuru actually raped Natsuki. However, one of my all-time favorite stories deals with what could have possibly happened had she done so.

Windows of the Soul is a seventy-seven chapter fic full of angst, action, forgiveness, and reconcilliation. It starts off sort of slow, picks up for a few chapters, and then slows down again, only to pick back up in a thrilling finale. It has a few memorable original characters that don't take away from the story, but actually make the story that much better. Again, this is probably my all-time favorite HiME fic, and the last twenty-five or so chapters will make the build-up worth it.

I think this ficwriter deleted his stories, unfortunataly, but I really liked the synopsis Sad

Well, I have been reading some fics of comedy, as "Feeling the addiction" by DoomKitteh in Fanfiction.net. It's very funny and have a good narrative.

PS: I'm sorry for didn't put the link of this fic, I'm a recent member of the forum for this Yukino x Kanade (#babymemberstage)
Dattebayo Suki
Dattebayo Suki
Fuuka Academy Student
Fuuka Academy Student

Bubuzuke points : 38
Armitage GUTS!!! : 14

Back to top Go down

Recommend FanFiction [Mai-HiME + Mai-Otome] - Page 3 Empty Re: Recommend FanFiction [Mai-HiME + Mai-Otome]

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:28 pm

Dattebayo Suki wrote:
PS: I'm sorry for didn't put the link of this fic, I'm a recent member of the forum for this Yukino x Kanade (#babymemberstage)

Try it again, Suki! We'd love to see an entire list of recommendations from you! GRANDE CHIE
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Bubuzuke points : 42532
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2524

http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Dattebayo Suki Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:50 pm

Yeah, Luu! devious

Rebirth of Love: Musings of a Recovering Yandere : Shizuru's POV. After Carnival and it's about the progress of her relationship with Natsuki.

Midwife of the Soul : Natsuki's POV about the same previous story.

Feeding the addiction : A hilarious fic about Natsuki's addiction and the benefit that Shizuru takes of it. What our dear kaichou did not know were the consequences of kidnapping Natsuki's special sauce mayonnaise.

Satisfaying the addiction : the sequel of previous story. Natsuki starts to dream about her mayonnaise and ... Shizuru omg

Make her blush : Also a comedy fic. Everyone wants to make Shizuru blush to get a date with her. But only one person can do it... Natsuki Kuga

She came at dawn : I particularly don't like AU fanfics because, for me, it loses the essence of the characters and original stories. But this story especially fascinated me! It's a novel / drama / anguish and tells a complex story where the surrender to love is preceded by many reflections, internal conflicts, rejections, guilt and desire.
In addition, the "caliente" scenes are beautiful and don't fall into the cliché of the others. The words are carefully chosen and you get lost wonderfully in the dialogues between the characters. The ShizNat connection is more evident here than in many fics I read in Mai Hime's Universe beer ShizNat

From the depths : This fic is for those who like tragedy, I'll let you know ... But if I say more, I spoil the surprise Viola

At the moment, I'm not reminded of the other fics I read and enjoyed very much, but those are the ones that marked me deeply. cocky (sweet memories when I read)
Dattebayo Suki
Dattebayo Suki
Fuuka Academy Student
Fuuka Academy Student

Bubuzuke points : 38
Armitage GUTS!!! : 14

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3