Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What makes Akane-chan so attractive??

+3
GAP
Luu Sky Sapphire
Abicion
7 posters

Go down

What makes Akane-chan so attractive?? Empty What makes Akane-chan so attractive??

Post by Abicion Fri Dec 31, 2010 6:02 pm

I know that Abicion guy once said

Because I find her interesting, and filled with more potential than any other character in the anime. In an extremely unique magical girl series that tries (and fails horribly) to be gritty and explore to what ends the girls will use their given superpowers to protect the ones they love, Akane is the one character who never changes or doubts who she cares about the most, who is practically already in her own little reality constantly thinking about her boyfriend from the moment the show introduces her, and who states on-screen that she's a simple girl who doesn't really want to be tied up in protecting the whole of mankind from an apparent alien invasion and just wants to focus on keeping said boyfriend safe. And all the while, she does this in a way that doesn't come off sounding possessive, or selfish, or intentionally evil in any way. She's held back only by the writers writing her off as the absolute weakest character in whole damn series for no reason beyond sheer shock value and missing their own point.
on another board on the internet, but I'm not sure. I just don't get it. What's the appeal with Akane, Mai Multiverse form?
Abicion
Abicion
HiME Ranger
HiME Ranger

Bubuzuke points : 247
Armitage GUTS!!! : 16

https://www.youtube.com/user/OrihimintRyunanade

Back to top Go down

What makes Akane-chan so attractive?? Empty Re: What makes Akane-chan so attractive??

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Fri Dec 31, 2010 6:16 pm

Akane's negatives outweigh her positives sadly, which isn't her fault. Personally I think she's awesome, the girl wields tonfas for Christ's sake. Anyone who can wield them better than Shadow Hachi gets major bonus points. Then there's her CHILD. Sorry Natsuki fans (including myself) Hari (Harry) is a lot cooler than Duran, and probably just the as strong if given the push. Yet Duran lasted longer. :3

Akane Higurashi herself is a good person, a true sweetheart to her boyfriend Kazuya. She's your average nice girl with incredibly awesome powers.

Sides, without Akane, the limited amount of straightness in the Mai-HiME series would decrease. Can't have that, as a fan of straight couples.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Bubuzuke points : 42532
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2524

http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

What makes Akane-chan so attractive?? Empty Re: What makes Akane-chan so attractive??

Post by Abicion Sat Jan 01, 2011 4:23 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:Akane's negatives outweigh her positives sadly
THEY'RE NOT NEGATIVES.
What makes Akane-chan so attractive?? Otacon

THEY'RE CHARACTER FLAWS.

They make her more interesting. For people who like characters who have realistic traits and can't effortlessly steamroll the rest of the cast without consequences, this is a good thing.
Abicion
Abicion
HiME Ranger
HiME Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by GAP Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:28 am

Akane is arguably the only straight character in the series but she is often limited by the screentime she gets. She gets an episode in Otome but after that she is just another side character agian.
GAP
GAP
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 429
Armitage GUTS!!! : 126

Back to top Go down

Post by Highman Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:42 am

Abicion wrote:
Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:Akane's negatives outweigh her positives sadly
THEY'RE NOT NEGATIVES.
What makes Akane-chan so attractive?? Otacon

THEY'RE CHARACTER FLAWS.

They make her more interesting. For people who like characters who have realistic traits and can't effortlessly steamroll the rest of the cast without consequences, this is a good thing.

I kinda feel like we should have character arc for Akane about her life and close to her problems. Why she always with Kazu and what happens If he breaks up with her. Eventually we know he's going to be the main harem Sunrise will do it obviously.
Highman
Highman
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 634
Armitage GUTS!!! : 113

Back to top Go down

Post by Abicion Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:44 am

The Otome manga already covered the break-up route.

Kazu-kun turned out to be a member of Schwarz. He tried use the Monster of the Day to rape Arika. Needless to say, the thing with Akane didn't really work out. She killed him, but she got over it.
Abicion
Abicion
HiME Ranger
HiME Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by Konaxookami Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:29 pm

Honestly, Akane just appeals to me as a everyday girl. She texts her boyfriend in class, and has a part time job. She and Kazuya had some of my favorite scenes in the HiME series. I think because Akane was so normal and so ordinary next to Mai's ridiculous bouts of self induced depression and stress, Mikoto's crazy antics, and Natsuki's one track mind, she was a welcome distraction.

To be honest, when I found out Akane was a HiME I got really excited, but then her and Kazuya's last scene together was the one death scene that touched me most, besides maybe Takumi's or Haruka's-simply because she didn't know, and her reaction seemed so real and touching. Probably one of the saddest moments in the series for me.

Besides that, Akane's just adorable and when you add Kazuya to the mix it's even better. They're refreshing.
Konaxookami
Konaxookami
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Bubuzuke points : 2209
Armitage GUTS!!! : 803
Location : Somewhere between the Furthest Ring and the Hall of Justice

Back to top Go down

Post by Hohoemu Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:28 am

She is cute, is that enough? <3

Seriously, I don't really know what it is but she's got something particular. From the begining I really liked her, and discovering she was a HiME was a great moment, of course. Her relationship with Kazu-kun, the fact they work in the same restaurant to earn money to spend summer together, that they look so happy together, their family problems, all that is so... Kona is right, Akane-chan is just the kind of girl we could meet in the street, despite the fact she's a HiME.

What I thought was really touching was how fragile she looked since Kazu-kun's death. As Kona said, she didn't know what would really happen if she was defeated, she just thought she would die, not him. Akane fought to protect Kazuya from being hurt, and to protect her own life, that's all. And then she goes crazy, just because she can't support losing him. The passage when Natsuki sees her in the hospital was striking, showing all she lost that day, not only her powers and the one she loved.
She is a kind of innocent and pure girl sacrificed to the fate of the HiME. Maybe this is what I love with her...
Hohoemu
Hohoemu
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 552
Armitage GUTS!!! : 248

http://www.poison-and-the-rose.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TeaLover Sat Feb 05, 2011 7:56 am

maybe because she is shy, most guys dig chicks that is shy and not dominating the conversation. even girls will have fun talking with a shy girl because girls love to talk and we love more those who listen to us and not cut the conversation(one side definitely)

ups im too straight with my point. fufufu
TeaLover
TeaLover
Fuuka Academy Student
Fuuka Academy Student

Bubuzuke points : 49
Armitage GUTS!!! : 17

Back to top Go down

Post by Hohoemu Sat Feb 05, 2011 8:27 am

No problem, express yourself as you want =)

Maybe you're right, she is not the kind of girl always talking about everything indeed, but I like that part of her personality -I'm very shy too...
In fact she is so "human" compared to the other HiME, so normal, just as if it was an error she got the HiME powers, it is the only thing that makes her different from any other normal student. All the other HiME have something special in their lives -Mai's parents died and she has to take care of her little brother who is sick, Natsuki lost her mother in a tragic accident, Fumi-san takes care of Mashiro and is aware of her secret, Shizuru is a lesbian, Alyssa-chan a false HiME created to fight, Midori a mysterious girl loving History, Shiho would have been quite normal without being in love with her onii-chan, Akira-kun is a tranvestite, Nao's mother is hospitalized and she was placed in an orphanage, Yukino is probably a lesbian too, Mikoto killed her grandfather and is trying to find her father, and Yukariko is a Sister- but Akane-chan is just an average student with a boyfriend and family problems...
Hohoemu
Hohoemu
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Sat Feb 05, 2011 10:40 am

Hohoemu wrote:but Akane-chan is just an average student with a boyfriend and family problems...

Not to mention she's your average girl who's caught up in this elaborate setting involving monsters, androids and other girls with superpowers. Great points, Hoho-chan. :)
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Bubuzuke points : 42532
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2524

http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Hohoemu Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:00 pm

Thanks =)
It was so striking I couldn't avoid mentionning it. Poor Akane-chan...
Hohoemu
Hohoemu
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Post by TeaLover Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:51 am

Hohoemu wrote:No problem, express yourself as you want =)

Maybe you're right, she is not the kind of girl always talking about everything indeed, but I like that part of her personality -I'm very shy too...
In fact she is so "human" compared to the other HiME, so normal, just as if it was an error she got the HiME powers, it is the only thing that makes her different from any other normal student. All the other HiME have something special in their lives -Mai's parents died and she has to take care of her little brother who is sick, Natsuki lost her mother in a tragic accident, Fumi-san takes care of Mashiro and is aware of her secret, Shizuru is a lesbian, Alyssa-chan a false HiME created to fight, Midori a mysterious girl loving History, Shiho would have been quite normal without being in love with her onii-chan, Akira-kun is a tranvestite, Nao's mother is hospitalized and she was placed in an orphanage, Yukino is probably a lesbian too, Mikoto killed her grandfather and is trying to find her father, and Yukariko is a Sister- but Akane-chan is just an average student with a boyfriend and family problems...

You know me well , ara.. Razz
But other than that im just a girl with ordinary problems.

Last edited by TeaLover on Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:32 am; edited 1 time in total
TeaLover
TeaLover
Fuuka Academy Student
Fuuka Academy Student

Bubuzuke points : 49
Armitage GUTS!!! : 17

Back to top Go down

Post by Hohoemu Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:08 am

Not a "normal" girl, not as "normal" as Akane-chan. But I love Shizuru anyway, crazy and passionate <3

*not the right subject, but well...*
Hohoemu
Hohoemu
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down