Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

If a third Mai-series anime came out, what do you want to see?

+23
PostoronnimV
Magus Phantalus
fortunelestion
BMeph
LyriumEidolon
Miyotakano
Hohoemu
GAP
sarcastic-dog
Amaya
TeaLover
Abicion
The Fire Stirring Ruby
AtlantisLux
Kyubey Mittens
Asuka Tenjou
ghost_zero
Highman
Luu Sky Sapphire
SpiderNeKoHiME
Krystal of Nol
Konaxookami
Ice Silver Crystal
27 posters

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

anime - If a third Mai-series anime came out, what do you want to see? - Page 6 Empty Re: If a third Mai-series anime came out, what do you want to see?

Post by PostoronnimV Sat Apr 12, 2014 9:46 am

I would like to see a direct sequel of Mai-HiME with main focus on ShizNat, of course... no surprises here =)) ... But genre 'slice of life' and 'romance' without any 'drama'... since those girls suffered enough for a hundred lifetimes already =))

Also I would be delighted if "Natsuki no Prelude" would be animated...  Natsuki Kuga 

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:It's a total mysery that was briefly tackled in the Mai-Otome drama audios, where it's also implied that the older Pearl in Shizuru Viola, took advantage (romantically and sexually) of the shy and uke newcomer - Natsuki Kruger. They were Shizuma and Nagisa before Shizuma and Nagisa existed! :3
OMG!  omg  Luu! ... You're so cruel... The true villain  Forever Alone 

Even though I'm not a big fan of Kruger... and think that Natsuki Kruger is one big flaw... But even I'm not so cruel as to compare Kruger with ultra submissive Nagisa who has zero-personality ... Poor, poor Kruger... my condolences to you  Trollface 

But seriously, Nagisa always just froze up and obediently let Shizuma do whatever she wants with her... While Kruger isn't a pushover... when Shizuru tried to kiss her, Shizuru got slapped for it...

Nagisa/Shizuma is stereotypical uke/seme couple... While it's hard to say anything definite about Kruger/Viola couple... On the one hand Shizuru is more open in expressing her feelings in public, but then again Natsuki is a leader type... But, sadly, in Mai-Otome, we, actually, didn't see how Natsuki and Shizuru's relationship functions in more intimate/private sense... I mean, outside of work =)) ... Even though, in Mai-Otome, ShizNat is more or less confirmed couple, still the dynamic of their relationship as a couple was very poorly explored... might even say that it has not been explored at all...
PostoronnimV
PostoronnimV
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 367
Armitage GUTS!!! : 120

https://www.youtube.com/user/XxPostoronnimVxX

Back to top Go down

anime - If a third Mai-series anime came out, what do you want to see? - Page 6 Empty Re: If a third Mai-series anime came out, what do you want to see?

Post by GAP Mon Apr 14, 2014 2:16 am

It would nice to see a relationship like ShizNat be portrayed as a relationship and not just fanservice...
GAP
GAP
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 429
Armitage GUTS!!! : 126

Back to top Go down

Post by DiamondLady Fri May 02, 2014 4:25 pm

more ShizNat of course!! It would be wonderful if they finally focused a little bit more on their relationship <3 I'd also love to see more Mai, Mikoto and Nao^^
DiamondLady
DiamondLady
Fuuka Academy Student
Fuuka Academy Student

Bubuzuke points : 31
Armitage GUTS!!! : 11

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Mon May 12, 2014 2:11 pm

DiamondLady wrote:more ShizNat of course!! It would be wonderful if they finally focused a little bit more on their relationship <3 I'd also love to see more Mai, Mikoto and Nao^^

That's a given. There are some subtle hints in Mai-HiME Special Kuro no Mai Saigo no Bansan that ShizNat has already settled in. Even NatNao! I'd love to get further development of Mai now that she stepped out of the darkness and has embraced love. Her next challenge as a person and a HiME would have to be a plausible one.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Bubuzuke points : 42532
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2524

http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Magus Phantalus Tue May 20, 2014 6:18 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
DiamondLady wrote:more ShizNat of course!! It would be wonderful if they finally focused a little bit more on their relationship <3 I'd also love to see more Mai, Mikoto and Nao^^

That's a given. There are some subtle hints in Mai-HiME Special Kuro no Mai Saigo no Bansan that ShizNat has already settled in. Even NatNao! I'd love to get further development of Mai now that she stepped out of the darkness and has embraced love. Her next challenge as a person and a HiME would have to be a plausible one.

Wait what is this My-Hime Special thingy? And how much shiznat is in it?
Magus Phantalus
Magus Phantalus
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 613
Armitage GUTS!!! : 148

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Tue May 20, 2014 8:06 pm

Magus Phantalus wrote:
Wait what is this My-Hime Special thingy?  And how much shiznat is in it?

I'm sure you've seen it before:

No English subs, sadly. This is the one of the two surviving YouTube videos for it. Mine (the English subbed) was removed by FUNimation because of obvious reasons.  Shizuru Fujino 
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Magus Phantalus Wed May 21, 2014 4:44 am

Oh that I ripped and saved the subbed one from youtube awhile ago. Even have it on my ipods. It was adorable seeing Natsuki so concerned about Shizuru.
Magus Phantalus
Magus Phantalus
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Wed May 21, 2014 4:02 pm

Magus Phantalus wrote:Oh that I ripped and saved the subbed one from youtube awhile ago.  Even have it on my ipods.  It was adorable seeing Natsuki so concerned about Shizuru.

Sweet! Hold onto it...in case FUNimation forgets to add it to their extras section. I'll be optimistic and say they won't forget.  Happy 

Just shows you that Natsuki no Prelude's finale was indeed canon AND going in the direction we wanted.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by PuppyHaru Tue May 27, 2014 8:47 am

I kinda wanna see one with natsuki as the main charcter and her trying to become more comfortable around her friends and an answer to her romantic feelings. frome hime or otome it's natsuki

but a story about nao being the main character would be interesting as well
PuppyHaru
PuppyHaru
HiME Ranger
HiME Ranger

Bubuzuke points : 172
Armitage GUTS!!! : 49
Location : Australia, otherwise check for a note I left on the fridge!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Tue May 27, 2014 6:53 pm

PuppyHaru wrote:I kinda wanna see one with natsuki as the main charcter and her trying to become more comfortable around her friends and an answer to her romantic feelings. frome hime or otome it's natsuki

but a story about nao being the main character would be interesting as well

That's new! I don't think anyone pitched the idea of Nao as the main character. Fanfiction doesn't count in this instance, people!

Nao can pull it off, I'd just need Sunrise to explain why her character deserves further progression than Mai or even Natsuki. Let's face it, they're tough acts to follow. At the same time, they're also established. Maybe Nao can develop further; after all, she doesn't yet trust Shizuru fully.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by PuppyHaru Tue May 27, 2014 9:32 pm

I was just thinking Nao because she seems to have alot of struggles in life, she's facing alot of demon's especially from her past. what if she met up with the people who broke into her house.  and i don't know what i'm saying anymore
PuppyHaru
PuppyHaru
HiME Ranger
HiME Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by Ice Silver Crystal Wed May 28, 2014 8:26 am

Nao-san continues to be a tormented soul so maybe puppy is right.
._. demo........i'd still want Natsuki to be part of nao's story somehow.
Ice Silver Crystal
Ice Silver Crystal
Kruger Wolf Pack Puppy
Kruger Wolf Pack Puppy

Bubuzuke points : 1340
Armitage GUTS!!! : 485

Back to top Go down

Post by PuppyHaru Wed May 28, 2014 9:12 am

Ice Silver Crystal wrote:Nao-san continues to be a tormented soul so maybe puppy is right.
._. demo........i'd still want Natsuki to be part of nao's story somehow.

yes and natsuki probably ends up being nao's best friend ( maybe with hinted rival/romance XD )
it would be very interesting and i hope shizuru didn't hear that part (i don't want to die)
PuppyHaru
PuppyHaru
HiME Ranger
HiME Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Thu May 29, 2014 5:13 pm

PuppyHaru wrote:
I was just thinking Nao because she seems to have alot of struggles in life, she's facing alot of demon's especially from her past. what if she met up with the people who broke into her house.  and i don't know what i'm saying anymore

No, I see where you're going. For a further progression of Nao's character, we'd need to see her completely get over her own personal demons. One of them is Shizuru; the other is hating not only men, but people. She's a trusted member of the HiME, but by the end of episode 26, I felt she still had a lot more issues to sort out.

nao lick 
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by GAP Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:43 pm

I wonder if the third Mais eries could deal with relationship issues similar to some seinen shows. I know the Mai franchise is a shonen series albeit well written but I would like that if the characters go off in interesting directions. Also, I wonder why most writers cannot write for teenagers.
GAP
GAP
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Tue Jun 03, 2014 4:09 pm

GAP wrote:I wonder if the third Mais eries could deal with relationship issues similar to some seinen shows. I know the Mai franchise is a shonen series albeit well written but I would like that if the characters go off in interesting directions. Also, I wonder why most writers cannot write for teenagers.

If a possible Mai-HiME reboot was written like the film Perks of Being A Wallflower, then the teenager aspect would sell nicely. I'd imagine our girls would still be teenagers in a new incarnation. I'd like to see all the HiME get heavy story arcs this time. Mai would still be the star, just not the entire focus. Everything that happens with all 12 HiME should be focused on and start crossing over as the series progresses. It's pretty much what they did; just requires more length. I always felt Mai-HiME should of been an extra 13-25 episodes to bring more depth to the minor HiME like Akane, Fumi and even Akira. I'd love to see her struggle between being a ninja, a HiME and a girl in love with a boy. We only got a few glimpses of that with a nice payoff. XD I wanted to spend more time with them!
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by GAP Wed Jun 11, 2014 12:06 am

Mai Hime did really well with they had although I would have to agree that they could had done more with the characters.
GAP
GAP
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Wed Jun 11, 2014 7:33 pm

GAP wrote:Mai Hime did really well with they had although I would have to agree that they could had done more with the characters.

It's just a matter of fleshing everybody out some more. Sometimes I felt like the omakes at the end of each Mai-HiME episode should of been it's own episode. XD Maybe it's just me.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Magus Phantalus Fri Jul 04, 2014 7:00 am

One thing I'd like to see is Shizuru and Haruka duke it out.

anime - If a third Mai-series anime came out, what do you want to see? - Page 6 My_him10

My apologizes for the quality of the drawing it is a few years old.
Magus Phantalus
Magus Phantalus
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Post by GAP Fri Jul 04, 2014 5:23 pm

That would be awesome but I am not Sunrise...
GAP
GAP
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Fri Jul 04, 2014 8:13 pm

Magus Phantalus wrote:One thing I'd like to see is Shizuru and Haruka duke it out.

anime - If a third Mai-series anime came out, what do you want to see? - Page 6 My_him10

A reboot mixing the few neat battle ideas of the manga with the character development of the anime would of been great for Haruka versus Shizuru. Haruka being a HiME being the most obvious necessity~
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by GAP Mon Jul 07, 2014 3:28 am

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
Magus Phantalus wrote:One thing I'd like to see is Shizuru and Haruka duke it out.

A reboot mixing the few neat battle ideas of the manga with the character development of the anime would of been great for Haruka versus Shizuru. Haruka being a HiME being the most obvious necessity~

That could work and maybe we could also get some serious worldbuilding on top of it.
GAP
GAP
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Tue Jul 08, 2014 3:47 pm

GAP wrote:That could work and maybe we could also get some serious worldbuilding on top of it.

What kind of worldbuilding do you have in mind for a Shizuru versus Haruka clash?
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by GAP Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:02 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
GAP wrote:That could work and maybe we could also get some serious worldbuilding on top of it.

What kind of worldbuilding do you have in mind for a Shizuru versus Haruka clash?

I was actually referring to the series but I would like that they fight somewhere on Fuuka like in some sort of arena or something.
GAP
GAP
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Post by Magus Phantalus Sat Jul 12, 2014 2:54 am

GAP wrote:
Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:

That could work and maybe we could also get some serious worldbuilding on top of it.

Worldbuilding you say?  Well you came to the right Magus.  How about this the Hime rather than getting their powers from the Obsidian Lord actually develop them as reality's own personal immune system to the Elder Evil known as the Obsidian Lord a terrible extra dimensional being that feeds off of despair and destruction.  At first things would be pretty standard with the Hime fighting orphans like they did in the anime but here they'd develop their own groups and rivalries with each other.  Nothing lethal but they would occasionally battle in an arena to settle scores and defend the honor of themselves or their keys.

Mixing in some of Otome.  As the Obsidian Lord comes closer and closer to manifesting in our dimension he creates the Otome to do battle against the Hime.  His chief servants would be the Mashiro twins(MANshiro and Mashiro).  MANshiro would be a powerful dark angel warrior Otome, Mashiro a time manipulator capable of slowing time to a crawl, and Nagi the summoner who could teleport and summon powerful Orphans known as slaves to fight the Hime.

Nagi's slaves would actually be the former Childs of Hime he, Mashiro and MANshiro have defeated.

And some background for a Shizuru vs Haruka brawl. Shizuru would have the moveset of her Hime incarnation but the personality of her Otome incarnation. Haruka wouldn't exactly approve of Shizuru being a lesbian and insult Natsuki which would prompt Shizuru to calmly suggest a duel for her to defend Natsuki's honor.(something that would secretly embarrass Natsuki to no end even though she would of course act indifferent)

AND NO HAREM BULLSH!!!
Magus Phantalus
Magus Phantalus
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next