Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Erstin x Nina Appreciation Thread

+6
Sergay Tate
MidnightPersona
Midori Sugiura99
SpiderNeKoHiME
Kicchu
Luu Sky Sapphire
10 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Erstin x Nina Appreciation Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Erstin x Nina Appreciation Thread

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:33 am

ookamidesu wrote:This pair makes such a cute couple that I wished it were really canon.
Tsk tsk on Nina for fawning over Sergay when she could be tapping that blondie. XP

There's more of a challenge in tapping your own "father" than an uke girl who's willing to give herself to you. As creepy as the former sounds, but that's Neena-chan for you. So young, so confused...

Neena : Leave me alone.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Bubuzuke points : 42532
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2524

http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Erstin x Nina Appreciation Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Erstin x Nina Appreciation Thread

Post by ookamidesu Sat Aug 06, 2011 4:46 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
ookamidesu wrote:This pair makes such a cute couple that I wished it were really canon.
Tsk tsk on Nina for fawning over Sergay when she could be tapping that blondie. XP

There's more of a challenge in tapping your own "father" than an uke girl who's willing to give herself to you. As creepy as the former sounds, but that's Neena-chan for you. So young, so confused...

Neena : Leave me alone.

You should totally tap that Nina. I'm just saying... i mean -- even Mikoto would say:
Mikoto Cat Mrowrr
ookamidesu
ookamidesu
Sexilicious Zhang-papa
Sexilicious Zhang-papa

Bubuzuke points : 8884
Armitage GUTS!!! : 1354

http://jnz5012.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:07 am

You know, what about Nina's reaction upon discovering Erstin's CPR kiss? Embarrassed or simply didn't enjoy the idea of getting her first kiss from another girl? :3 The girl is straighter than people thinks. o_o;

Erstin should just come out and admit her feelings to Nina early. Up until meeting Arika, they've known each other for quite a while.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by ookamidesu Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:42 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:You know, what about Nina's reaction upon discovering Erstin's CPR kiss? Embarrassed or simply didn't enjoy the idea of getting her first kiss from another girl? :3 The girl is straighter than people thinks. o_o;

Erstin should just come out and admit her feelings to Nina early. Up until meeting Arika, they've known each other for quite a while.

*sigh* Yeah...
but I like to pretend that her embarrassment mostly came from "My first kiss and I wasn't even awake for it." XD
ookamidesu
ookamidesu
Sexilicious Zhang-papa
Sexilicious Zhang-papa

Bubuzuke points : 8884
Armitage GUTS!!! : 1354

http://jnz5012.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:51 pm

ookamidesu wrote:*sigh* Yeah...
but I like to pretend that her embarrassment mostly came from "My first kiss and I wasn't even awake for it." XD

XD Let's take a look at that lovely scene again, shall we?

Mai Otome Sub/Dub Comparisons 11: Welcome to the Eden of Virgins!

After near drowning (and thanks to Erstin and Arika's swift actions),
Nina wakes up in Yohko's medical room with everyone there waiting for her. Juliet Nao Zhang also stops by to spit some venom on everyone. XD

Ami Koshimizu and Kris Rundle as Nina Wang
Minami Kuribayashi and Lorie Barnes-Smith as Erstin Ho
Yuuka Nanri and Marcy Lannan as Juliet Nao Zhang
Mika Kikuchi and Angie Beers as Arika Yumemiya
Katsuyuki Konishi and Phil Fulton as Sergay Wang
Akiko Kimura and Melanie Risdon as Yohko Helene
Kikuko Inoue and Barbara Kozicki as Yukariko Steinberg

o_o I think you're right! XD Sure wasn't on Mikoto's mind when Mai gave her CPR in Mai-HiME...
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by MidnightPersona Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:37 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
ookamidesu wrote:*sigh* Yeah...
o_o I think you're right! XD Sure wasn't on Mikoto's mind when Mai gave her CPR in Mai-HiME...

First Kiss's are something... well, I lost mine while drunk so I can completely understand the... sadness here. But yeah, the tear rolling down Nina's face is also sad panda. Thing is, it was CPR, the scene Nina imagined Erstin holding her is impossible for the process, she obviously has repressed feelings toward the girl and, well, never get's the chance to show them properly. When Erstin had her Slave the last thing on Nina's mind wasn't Arika (Who I think had Mashiro, etc along with Erstin) or anyone else save Erstin for those few last moments. Yes, she focused on her 'father' after that but when Erstin was gone she blamed Arika and, well, we know what happened. Even in death, the letter from Erstin is what gave Nina strength in the end, I think.

She just never got a chance to explore her true feelings, and never will... I was hoping Zwei would bring her back, but Otome isn't HiME. We got to see Haruka, ShizNat, etc return... but Otome got more REAL and no matter how much we want her to return, no Erstin for us.

:kicks a bucket: Fuck you, Sunrise, for giving up false hope in seeing Erstin return. (Or maybe it was just me)
MidnightPersona
MidnightPersona
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

Bubuzuke points : 4253
Armitage GUTS!!! : 798

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:03 am

Good insight on the canon-ness between Erstin Ho and Nina. :) It's really your one true love that gives you strength. And I assure you, I was not one of the silly fans who thought Ribbon-chan was a reincarnated Erstin.

Yes, I am aware they're both Schwartz. What else have you got?

*waits*

Winning. <3
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by MidnightPersona Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:22 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:I was not one of the silly fans who thought Ribbon-chan was a reincarnated Erstin.

:stares: Please tell me you aren't serious. Please tell me you're kidding. Plus, Ribbon-chan is TOO FUCKING OLD to be a reincarnation of someone who died a year-year and a half before said events.

People are stupid.
MidnightPersona
MidnightPersona
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

Bubuzuke points : 4253
Armitage GUTS!!! : 798

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:13 pm

MidnightPersona wrote::stares: Please tell me you aren't serious. Please tell me you're kidding. Plus, Ribbon-chan is TOO FUCKING OLD to be a reincarnation of someone who died a year-year and a half before said events.

People are stupid.

I'm sure every SMART fan from Multiverse, Universe and Suki knows Ribbon-chan is...well, Ribbon-chan. I was mostly referring to fans on other sites many years ago. Still! Even then, the thought of Erstin being Ribbon-chan didn't enter my mind. o_o; AT ALL.

Back on topic, anyone have lovely pics of Nina and Erstin together? I love you
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by mystic gohan Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:38 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:You know, what about Nina's reaction upon discovering Erstin's CPR kiss? Embarrassed or simply didn't enjoy the idea of getting her first kiss from another girl? :3 The girl is straighter than people thinks. o_o;

First off I'm a huge fan of this pairing and I love this paring to death. I just wanted to point that out XXD

Okay, second.

I think your right Luu Sky Sapphire on everything, except for Nina being straight.

When I first saw this scene. I didn't take it as Nina being Embarrassed over her first kiss being from a girl, or that she wasn't awake for it. I though it she was Embarrassed that she showed weakness in front of Sergay.

Nina's always trying to show shes good enough, but when she almost drowned it show she wasn't

mystic gohan
mystic gohan
Fuuka Academy Student
Fuuka Academy Student

Bubuzuke points : 127
Armitage GUTS!!! : 58

http://misticgohan.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:32 am

mystic gohan wrote:I think your right Luu Sky Sapphire on everything, except for Nina being straight.

When I first saw this scene. I didn't take it as Nina being Embarrassed over her first kiss being from a girl, or that she wasn't awake for it. I though it she was Embarrassed that she showed weakness in front of Sergay.

Nina's always trying to show shes good enough, but when she almost drowned it show she wasn't

You could be right, Gohan. Then again that whole entire sequence isn't too clear on the subject of Nina's sexuality. It was just one of those fanservice moments given to us by Sunrise, in attempts to make us go "Awww" in response to her embarrassed reaction. Which was, indeed, cute.

It's nice seeing more people supporting this couple. Erstin's attraction to Nina is quite fierce and I wish it was given more to work with.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by mystic gohan Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:46 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
mystic gohan wrote:I think your right Luu Sky Sapphire on everything, except for Nina being straight.

You could be right, Gohan. Then again that whole entire sequence isn't too clear on the subject of Nina's sexuality. It was just one of those fanservice moments given to us by Sunrise, in attempts to make us go "Awww" in response to her embarrassed reaction. Which was, indeed, cute.

It's nice seeing more people supporting this couple. Erstin's attraction to Nina is quite fierce and I wish it was given more to work with.

Cool. I'm glad you agree.

For me, the pool scene was all it took to convince me there was something there.

The love could be only one sided, but if Erstin would of lived. I'm sure Nina would of come around eventually.
mystic gohan
mystic gohan
Fuuka Academy Student
Fuuka Academy Student

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:37 am

mystic gohan wrote:The love could be only one sided, but if Erstin would of lived. I'm sure Nina would of come around eventually.

Possibly. It all depends of Erstin living doesn't change anything that already happened in the series. Sergay getting shot, Nina joining Nagi and becoming Harmonium Nina, etc. Where Nina is now at Zwei, she could use an Erstin in her life. Arika ran off with Mashiro (they're soooo together!) so Erstin...if you can break the laws of green sparkle Heaven....please come back!?
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by SpiralDasher Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:53 am

I think this pairing is adorable!! <3

Some people find Erstin annoying, but she's one of the few characters from Otome that I actually enjoyed.
SpiralDasher
SpiralDasher
Coral student
Coral student

Bubuzuke points : 1200
Armitage GUTS!!! : 400

http://www.fanfiction.net/~littledemoninside

Back to top Go down

Post by Sergay Tate Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:24 am

during my rewatch i have come to appreciate this pairing more-so than before. they are so good together. and then seeing Nao's Conspiracy for the first time... they should totally be together...

my apologies for the no english subtitles or dub, this is the only one i could find >.< (i guess it is the only one Luu could find too as it is on the Mm channel lol)
Sergay Tate
Sergay Tate
Cat Goddess
Cat Goddess

Bubuzuke points : 5920
Armitage GUTS!!! : 724

Back to top Go down

Post by mystic gohan Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:28 am

SpiralDasher wrote:I think this pairing is adorable!! <3

Some people find Erstin annoying, but she's one of the few characters from Otome that I actually enjoyed.

Really!? there's people who think shes annoying?
mystic gohan
mystic gohan
Fuuka Academy Student
Fuuka Academy Student

Back to top Go down

Post by SpiralDasher Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:38 am

mystic gohan wrote:

Mmhm. =/ Of the people I've talked two, there two extremes: People either like her, or they absolutely hate her. XD;

I personally like that she has a complicated story: her family's teachings fighting against her feelings for her friends. True, I would have liked her to side with her friends, maybe flee to some unknown reaches of the world to stay alive, but I understand her decision. I like her personality and her complexity.

Others argue that she could have done something to stay alive in that all-important decision, and for the first part of the series, so was basically there for fanservice. ^^;
SpiralDasher
SpiralDasher
Coral student
Coral student

Bubuzuke points : 1200
Armitage GUTS!!! : 400

http://www.fanfiction.net/~littledemoninside

Back to top Go down

Post by mystic gohan Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:32 am

SpiralDasher wrote:
mystic gohan wrote:

Mmhm. =/ Of the people I've talked two, there two extremes: People either like her, or they absolutely hate her. XD;

I personally like that she has a complicated story: her family's teachings fighting against her feelings for her friends. True, I would have liked her to side with her friends, maybe flee to some unknown reaches of the world to stay alive, but I understand her decision. I like her personality and her complexity.

Others argue that she could have done something to stay alive in that all-important decision, and for the first part of the series, so was basically there for fanservice. ^^;

Huh, never known anyone who hated her.

That would of been awesome if she lived then Nina and Erstin could of gone off together sort of like konoka and setsuna did in Negima.
mystic gohan
mystic gohan
Fuuka Academy Student
Fuuka Academy Student

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:51 am

SpiralDasher wrote:Others argue that she could have done something to stay alive in that all-important decision, and for the first part of the series, so was basically there for fanservice. ^^;

People who dislike Erstin in any way also label her as a plot device. Her demise did trigger the rivalry between Arika and Nina; but she was quite an interesting character before that. Sort of the glue in the trio relationship (FRIENDSHIP mind you) between herself, Neena-chan and Arinko-chan. Weren't there moments where she'd write letters; speaking warmly about both girls.

Erstin Ho's presence in the series is quite important to me if it's two leading females found her special and had their lives change drastically after her death.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by mystic gohan Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:05 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
SpiralDasher wrote:Others argue that she could have done something to stay alive in that all-important decision, and for the first part of the series, so was basically there for fanservice. ^^;

People who dislike Erstin in any way also label her as a plot device. Her demise did trigger the rivalry between Arika and Nina; but she was quite an interesting character before that. Sort of the glue in the trio relationship (FRIENDSHIP mind you) between herself, Neena-chan and Arinko-chan. Weren't there moments where she'd write letters; speaking warmly about both girls.

Erstin Ho's presence in the series is quite important to me if it's two leading females found her special and had their lives change drastically after her death.

You nailed it right on the head. I feel exactly the same way as you do on the matter.

Erstin's a great character with a great caring personality, whats not to like?.

mystic gohan
mystic gohan
Fuuka Academy Student
Fuuka Academy Student

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:41 pm

mystic gohan wrote:You nailed it right on the head. I feel exactly the same way as you do on the matter.

I don't like her manga incarnation so much. xD Don't get me wrong, what's not to like there either? She's given more to do and anyone who finds her attractive in THAT way will be pleasantly surprised (thanks to the Mai-Otome manga's strong fanservice. Fumi bless the adventures of Manshiro). It's just that I have more emotion invested in her anime incarnation.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Sergay Tate Fri Aug 26, 2011 2:31 am

mystic gohan wrote:
Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:

You nailed it right on the head. I feel exactly the same way as you do on the matter.

agreed!!

as for the manga version, i still haven't read it >.< i wanna wait to buy the english version. i don't like reading manga on the computer very much :S
Sergay Tate
Sergay Tate
Cat Goddess
Cat Goddess

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:39 pm

Sergay Wáng wrote:as for the manga version, i still haven't read it >.< i wanna wait to buy the english version. i don't like reading manga on the computer very much :S

;_; Darn on the latter, I was this close to posting the download link for you. Who knows, someone will pick the license up again.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Sergay Tate Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:34 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
Sergay Wáng wrote:as for the manga version, i still haven't read it >.< i wanna wait to buy the english version. i don't like reading manga on the computer very much :S

;_; Darn on the latter, I was this close to posting the download link for you. Who knows, someone will pick the license up again.

if it came down to it, i'd read it on the comp. so post a link and i'll download it :) i'll do some more digging to find some english ones before i read it though. was it even printed in english at all? O.o the first time looking for some, i accidentally bought the whole set in japanese. i quickly cancelled it and got refunded lol. i can't read THAT much japanese xD
Sergay Tate
Sergay Tate
Cat Goddess
Cat Goddess

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:10 pm

Sergay Wáng wrote:if it came down to it, i'd read it on the comp. so post a link and i'll download it :) i'll do some more digging to find some english ones before i read it though. was it even printed in english at all? O.o the first time looking for some, i accidentally bought the whole set in japanese. i quickly cancelled it and got refunded lol. i can't read THAT much japanese xD

:) Sure thing! Here is the Mai-HiME/Otome Library section of the forum:

https://ltahime.forumotion.com/f17-mai-hime-otome-library

The Mai-Otome manga collection is already prepared for you. :) And sadly it wasn't printed in English. Over here in the U.S., TokyoPop only released Mai-HiME sadly. ^^; With their power, they could of easily brought over the Mai-Otome manga, Arashi, Mai-HiME EXA and put Mai-HiME Destiny into an Omnibus collection. But nah, Mai-Series isn't marketable enough for that. Rolling Eyes We're going off-topic, but I had to get that little rant out there. XD
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next