Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MaiHo! And I don't mean Erstin Ho~

+3
Luu Sky Sapphire
Twisted Eternal Wolvetta
MidnightPersona
7 posters

Go down

MaiHo!  And I don't mean Erstin Ho~ Empty MaiHo! And I don't mean Erstin Ho~

Post by MidnightPersona Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:35 am

Mai Tokiha and Shiho Munikata?

Fuck. Yeah. This pairing is one that stuck me WAAAAAY back when I first joined MM and it remains my favorite crack. I hadn't seen another MaiHo anywhere before my first MM contest entry and, sadly, I haven't seen one since!

Think about it, Mai and Shiho do have quite a bit of sexual tension and, honestly, with all the girl love going around I doubt it wouldn't take much to push these to to explore each other a bit more. It would need to be worked carefully, but is far from impossible.

Anyone else into the MaiHo thing, or am I alone on this ship?

Regardless, it's a good ship and I approve of this message!
MidnightPersona
MidnightPersona
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

Bubuzuke points : 4253
Armitage GUTS!!! : 798

Back to top Go down

MaiHo!  And I don't mean Erstin Ho~ Empty Re: MaiHo! And I don't mean Erstin Ho~

Post by Twisted Eternal Wolvetta Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:46 am

MidnightPersona wrote:Mai Tokiha and Shiho Munikata?

Fuck. Yeah. This pairing is one that stuck me WAAAAAY back when I first joined MM and it remains my favorite crack. I hadn't seen another MaiHo anywhere before my first MM contest entry and, sadly, I haven't seen one since!

Think about it, Mai and Shiho do have quite a bit of sexual tension and, honestly, with all the girl love going around I doubt it wouldn't take much to push these to to explore each other a bit more. It would need to be worked carefully, but is far from impossible.

Anyone else into the MaiHo thing, or am I alone on this ship?

Regardless, it's a good ship and I approve of this message!

I think in reality, Tate/Mai doesn't quite have that proper spark. I've always believed that it is a relationship which is to eventually fail, like many school couples have done across the few recent decades throughout the world.

Usually, when it comes to pairing Shiho with anyone I go for Nao, but with Mai/Shiho... I feel it could easily happen, I find that with Mai she has this understanding to every person, even for someone such as the Obsidian Lord; she attempts to break through these personal barriers and then look inside the person to try and gain a greater understanding to why they are doing a particular thing.

So since Mai and Shiho hold such a frightening amount of willpower and angst at the end of Mai HiME, this relationship could easily happen; the both of them giving in from chasing after Tate who has done something moronic (for all we know it could curve over to the Manga plotline of Tate running after Natsuki instead, I'd like to think so). This would of course bring Shiho and Mai together and they'd have this connection together for understanding in what they are precisely feeling.

Since Shiho and Tomoe are similar, I would say that Shiho would at first be annoyed with the abrupt attention Mai is giving her (I find that she is a bit of a loner throughout school perhaps, Tate being her only proper friend throughout their childhood, so she would gain a somewhat dislike to people around her like I believe Tomoe to have).

I had a rough day last night with the discovery of what Sunrise has officially done with Mai Mao, so I'll be ignoring that Touhou/Utena/Queen's Blade rip off entirely, so instead I'll concentrate on fan-fiction and Mai Otome: Rystel.

Though what to begin with first...

Twisted Eternal Wolvetta
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 708
Armitage GUTS!!! : 188

Back to top Go down

MaiHo!  And I don't mean Erstin Ho~ Empty Re: MaiHo! And I don't mean Erstin Ho~

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:37 pm

Let's analyze the canon careers of Mai and Shiho's relationship. They started out as simple friends with both having feelings for Tate, although Shiho was the only one more outward about it. So much that she told Mai and I quote "don't steal Yuuichi away fro me!" Not 100% sure about her feelings just yet (oh but Mai was getting there...), she promised Shiho she wouldn't do such a thing. This changed over time, making this situation into a three way drama.

Now, Raven, you chose to take Tate out of the picture. How would you do that within the context of a fanfiction AU. You said you had Tate run off with Nao, correct me if I'm wrong. Without heavy spoilers (should you refer to your stories), what exactly would make Mai and Shiho see each other as potential diamonds in the rough?
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Bubuzuke points : 42532
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2524

http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by hildebrant Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:20 pm

Any idea what would happen to Tate since the two girls that are the most important to him are no longer in his life? I'd vote for suicide or just flat out becoming a Hikikomori
hildebrant
hildebrant
Coral student
Coral student

Bubuzuke points : 888
Armitage GUTS!!! : 233

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheshire Kat Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:51 pm

hildebrant wrote:Any idea what would happen to Tate since the two girls that are the most important to him are no longer in his life? I'd vote for suicide or just flat out becoming a Hikikomori

I have to say I respectfully disagree with this, Hilde, since Yuuichi really isn't the kind of guy to let this get him down. And they wouldn't be out of his life, just out of the dating pool. Yuuichi would move on, it would take a little while due to shock, but I believe he'd wish them their best in the future. My opinion, though. :3 Everyone thinks differently.

@Topic: I didn't like MaiHo at the start when it was mentioned, but I think it could definitely work out to be an adorable couple. :D Mostly 'cause, when Shiho is calm, she is downright mystifyingly cute. She's a little clingy, but hey... who isn't clingy sometimes? :3
Cheshire Kat
Cheshire Kat
Coral student
Coral student

Bubuzuke points : 819
Armitage GUTS!!! : 219

Back to top Go down

Post by MidnightPersona Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:41 am

Twisted Eternal Wolvetta wrote:I think in reality, Tate/Mai doesn't quite have that proper spark. I've always believed that it is a relationship which is to eventually fail, like many school couples have done across the few recent decades throughout the world.

I concur. Tate seemed to have more of a spark with Reito or Takeda if ya ask me...

Twisted Eternal Wolvetta wrote:Usually, when it comes to pairing Shiho with anyone I go for Nao, but with Mai/Shiho... I feel it could easily happen, I find that with Mai she has this understanding to every person, even for someone such as the Obsidian Lord; she attempts to break through these personal barriers and then look inside the person to try and gain a greater understanding to why they are doing a particular thing.

I only pair Otome-verse Nao/Shiho together as a couple, but I can see them as friends after-Carnival. And I agree with what you say on Mai.

Twisted Eternal Wolvetta wrote:So since Mai and Shiho hold such a frightening amount of willpower and angst at the end of Mai HiME, this relationship could easily happen; the both of them giving in from chasing after Tate who has done something moronic (for all we know it could curve over to the Manga plotline of Tate running after Natsuki instead, I'd like to think so). This would of course bring Shiho and Mai together and they'd have this connection together for understanding in what they are precisely feeling.

Again, I see Tate running off for a boy, if anything. Also, not big on Tate going for Natsuki. At all. He's the last male she needs. If Natsuki had a guy I'd say Takeda and I'd hate to see any guy fight Shizuru for her, but tis another debate. @_@

Twisted Eternal Wolvetta wrote:Since Shiho and Tomoe are similar, I would say that Shiho would at first be annoyed with the abrupt attention Mai is giving her (I find that she is a bit of a loner throughout school perhaps, Tate being her only proper friend throughout their childhood, so she would gain a somewhat dislike to people around her like I believe Tomoe to have).

They are similar, yes, but I would say Tomoe is more purposely-manipulative in comparison to Shiho's not-on-purpose-to-purposely kind. Shiho didn't start off manipulative, but later became more-so while Tomoe was manipulative from the beginning.[/quote]

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:Let's analyze the canon careers of Mai and Shiho's relationship. They started out as simple friends with both having feelings for Tate, although Shiho was the only one more outward about it. So much that she told Mai and I quote "don't steal Yuuichi away fro me!" Not 100% sure about her feelings just yet (oh but Mai was getting there...), she promised Shiho she wouldn't do such a thing. This changed over time, making this situation into a three way drama.

[color=purple]Oh, life. How it takes a turn! Though, I blame Yuuichi for the events more than Shiho and Mai. If he had grown a pair and talked to them both like a man with GUTS then everything would've been simpler.[/quote]

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:Now, Raven, you chose to take Tate out of the picture. How would you do that within the context of a fanfiction AU. You said you had Tate run off with Nao, correct me if I'm wrong. Without heavy spoilers (should you refer to your stories), what exactly would make Mai and Shiho see each other as potential diamonds in the rough?

Oh my goodness, that one-shot could've been done better, but for my first attempt at the pairing? Yes, I put Tate with Nao for, well, cuz I thought it would be a bit funny and the biggest random blow (plus NaoxTate is something I think would be interesting). Frankly, I find Tate a bit... *wrist flop* so him being with a female confuses me. I see him with Takeda or Reito... mostly Reito. I also see Reito as *flops wrist again* Sooo~ Yeah. Once Tate comes out-of-the-closet, hurts and breaks up with Mai, etc. etc. I would say the girl would be torn at first, greatly depressed. Shiho would still have been between wanting Tate and realizing that she wanted/needed more and then, though her intent would be to tell Mai 'told you so' she wouldn't have the heart and... bam. Fireworks from there! Or, ya know, how I see it. I don't think it's take much work to bring them together and that's the beauty and easy of this crack pair for me.

Cheshire Katniss wrote:
hildebrant wrote:Any idea what would happen to Tate since the two girls that are the most important to him are no longer in his life? I'd vote for suicide or just flat out becoming a Hikikomori

I have to say I respectfully disagree with this, Hilde, since Yuuichi really isn't the kind of guy to let this get him down. And they wouldn't be out of his life, just out of the dating pool. Yuuichi would move on, it would take a little while due to shock, but I believe he'd wish them their best in the future. My opinion, though. :3 Everyone thinks differently.

I agree with Kat and I don't think this is the place to debate Tate's possible fate and in such... wording. I take some offense to how you worded things, Hilde, but it's okay. I'm sure you didn't mean to try and change the topic ^^;

But to answer your question I agree with Kat, along with the fact I do not feel, as a character, he really was serious about either girl. Again, I see him as *wrist flop* and there's nothing wrong with that. Gay men are cool and yaoi is better than it's given credit for. Tate would rejoice in Reito's arms~ I should make a topic for that, too. o.o

Cheshire Katniss wrote:I didn't like MaiHo at the start when it was mentioned, but I think it could definitely work out to be an adorable couple. :D Mostly 'cause, when Shiho is calm, she is downright mystifyingly cute. She's a little clingy, but hey... who isn't clingy sometimes? :3

Clingy? I mean, who's clingy? *slowly pushes away her stuffed things she was cuddling* <.<; ^.^;

But yeah, MaiHo is an amazing crack cuz it doesn't take A lot of work to explain it. Honestly, I find peoples distaste of Shiho annoying as I find her one of the deepest characters in HiME... and underrated.

Sidenote back to Wolvy: I am glad you like ShihoxNao cuz I thought I was the only one.
MidnightPersona
MidnightPersona
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

Bubuzuke points : 4253
Armitage GUTS!!! : 798

Back to top Go down

Post by zanekal1 Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:15 am

With some hard work I can see MaiHo as a viable relationship. The main problem for Shiho in general is her overwhelming insecurity, she has known Tate almost her entire life and he is the only person to have the patients to deal with what that insecurity leads her to do. While Mai has the ablity to see to the core of a person (unless she is trying to figure out what she is really all about) and while she may grumble about it she would be ok with the clingyness (Mikoto as an example).
If they really did try to pursue a relationship the hardest part would be starting it. I see some sort of argument/fight leading into angry sex and next morning realizations. Jealousy would also be an early obsticle, Given Mai's natural ability to nurture and understand people she naturaly has a lot of friends and people who want to be more than friends, if somehow Shiho was able to gain more self esteam (although winning Tokihas heart should be more than enough give her a good head start on that) and learn to trust that although Mai has friends that she would be unwavering in her devotion and loyalty once she commits to a relationship. I think these two may be able to make it for the long haul besides haven't we all wondered how tenticle like shiho's hair REALY is?!?!?!?!

Last edited by zanekal1 on Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:41 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : making entrys on the smart phone sucks)
zanekal1
zanekal1
Looks like a Yukino tastes like a Chie
Looks like a Yukino tastes like a Chie

Bubuzuke points : 628
Armitage GUTS!!! : 248

http://krypton619.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by burande fujino Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:09 pm

maiho sound so kawaii desu
burande fujino
burande fujino
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 310
Armitage GUTS!!! : 26

http://shizbrand.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down