Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

♥ Yuri Anime and Manga news, websites and updates ♥

+20
shezaei-neko
Natsukichan1
IlliterateKoi
Bluholic711
NazrinTsunMouse
ATHENAx514
Yuri-hime
SpiralDasher
Valkyria Lightning
SulliMike23
depression76
ookamidesu
TeaLover
Chibi Rachy
GhibliFreek
mandygirl78
SpiderNeKoHiME
Kino karutta-chan
Luu Sky Sapphire
Aurora-stylus
24 posters

Page 3 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

♥ Yuri Anime and Manga news, websites and updates ♥ - Page 3 Empty Re: ♥ Yuri Anime and Manga news, websites and updates ♥

Post by SulliMike23 Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:08 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
SulliMike23 wrote:So what do you think so far Luu?

It's too early for a proper review with proper chapter and character plugs. I will say that I am enjoying it so far, I was kinda expecting it to be melodramatic on the highest level, when it's very down to earth. Probably one of the best yuri reads for a person of my age in a long time. Kinda tired of the over-the-top yuri in everything else I took a glance at lately.
That's what I like about it too. It feels like you're actually reading someone's very life as it actually happens.
SulliMike23
SulliMike23
Coral student
Coral student

Bubuzuke points : 959
Armitage GUTS!!! : 281

Back to top Go down

♥ Yuri Anime and Manga news, websites and updates ♥ - Page 3 Empty Re: ♥ Yuri Anime and Manga news, websites and updates ♥

Post by SpiralDasher Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:04 am

I suggested Yuruyuri last month, but I come back with this: Taishou Yakyuu Musume (or Taishou Baseball Girls). I just finished it and here are my thoughts:

In all honesty, this anime doesn't know whether it wants to appeal to the yuri crowd or hetero crowd. Literally every other episodes switches it up. And it ends on a straight note. =/ However! If you can get through those episodes in between, this anime does have A LOT of yuri subtext. As in, there's a scene where one of the girls imagines kissing their sempai during the training camp. Way to confuse your target audience. o_O

And this made me giggle; in the background of this scene, two girls pass by and:

♥ Yuri Anime and Manga news, websites and updates ♥ - Page 3 Taishou_yakyuu_musume_girl_friends

I couldn't resist.

---

Desperate plea:

DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE I COULD DOWNLOAD OR TORRENT THE SAKI EPISODES?!? I've looked everywhere and none of the download links are working and none of the torrents have any seeders.

If anyone owns them, would you be willing to share them?? If you want, I could try writing a Mai Hime fanfiction for you in exchange?? Please?
SpiralDasher
SpiralDasher
Coral student
Coral student

Bubuzuke points : 1200
Armitage GUTS!!! : 400

http://www.fanfiction.net/~littledemoninside

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:26 am

@Dash: *_* ooh, the baseball girls anime series! I've been meaning to try that one for a long time now. It might be better than Princess Nine?

Saki? As in with Saki Miyanaga? ^^; I have a spare DVD set for that series. Would you like it? One of my friends on Crunchyroll gave it to me. Oh the irony.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Bubuzuke points : 42532
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2524

http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by SpiralDasher Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:35 am

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:@Dash: *_* ooh, the baseball girls anime series! I've been meaning to try that one for a long time now. It might be better than Princess Nine?

Unfortunately, I haven't seen Princess Nine; its plot didn't interest me so I can't make any comparisons. However, I can say that it had the odd effect of hooking me right with the first episode. That rarely happens- I'm one of those people that has to shuffle through watching three different anime at a time or else I get bored focusing only on me. Taishou grabbed me attention right way. It's nothing intense or anything like that, and the story-line isn't exactly the best thing ever, all the twists are predictable, and like I said: it switches back and forth between yuri and hetero focus, with a hetero ending.

However, all of that said, I definitely found it an enjoyable watch, if only to see it once. =) I say people should at least try it and see if they like it. ^^

Two yuri pairings are:
First: Koume Suzukawa x Akiko Ogasawara (Does her last name look familiar? ;P) Akiko is the brown haired girl in the picture I posted above. ^^
Second: Natsu I mean, Tamaki Ishigaki x Shizu er, Yuki Souya

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:Saki? As in with Saki Miyanaga? ^^; I have a spare DVD set for that series. Would you like it? One of my friends on Crunchyroll gave it to me. Oh the irony.

GAHKSDGHJH-- CAN I?!?!

Yeah, Saki Miyanaga from that Mahjong anime! It's my second favorite anime and I've been looking all over for it! Does that spare DVD set have subtitles? I didn't even know that anime had a DVD set!
SpiralDasher
SpiralDasher
Coral student
Coral student

Bubuzuke points : 1200
Armitage GUTS!!! : 400

http://www.fanfiction.net/~littledemoninside

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:44 pm

SpiralDasher wrote:Unfortunately, I haven't seen Princess Nine; its plot didn't interest me so I can't make any comparisons. However, I can say that it had the odd effect of hooking me right with the first episode. That rarely happens- I'm one of those people that has to shuffle through watching three different anime at a time or else I get bored focusing only on me. Taishou grabbed me attention right way. It's nothing intense or anything like that, and the story-line isn't exactly the best thing ever, all the twists are predictable, and like I said: it switches back and forth between yuri and hetero focus, with a hetero ending.

However, all of that said, I definitely found it an enjoyable watch, if only to see it once. =) I say people should at least try it and see if they like it. ^^

Like you, I'm a firm believer in the rule of three. The first episode never does any series justice (except maybe Green Green. What a POS) I'm planning to give Taishou a chance tonight actually, in hopes of having something new to squee about.

Hehehe, personally I'm okay with a hetero ending cuz, you know...I'm straight. ;p As long as there's yuri subtext (you mentioned there's lots), I'm easily satisfied by this series. By taking a glance at it, I kinda of sensed I wouldn't be getting ShizNat for the new era of anime, but whatever, it'll be a fun watch.

SpiralDasher wrote:GAHKSDGHJH-- CAN I?!?!

Yeah, Saki Miyanaga from that Mahjong anime! It's my second favorite anime and I've been looking all over for it! Does that spare DVD set have subtitles? I didn't even know that anime had a DVD set!

Sure! If you'd like! It's the one you're looking for! It has English/Chinese subtitles. Unless you're an advocate for anti-piracy, this set can be yours. I respect privacy of my members, but if you're interested, I do need to know where it'll be going. PM if desired. :)
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:40 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire Reviews Love My Life

♥ Yuri Anime and Manga news, websites and updates ♥ - Page 3 Love-m10

Some people ask themselves if they truly live their lives honestly. In a society that scoffs at the sight of a homosexual, some people make the choices they aren't happy with. Sometimes, they make the wrong choice, only to end up with wonderful results that they can look back and say "I'm glad this happened." Originally a manga, Love My Life was brought to my attention as a way to see the beauty of relationships, rather than the usual drama filled jargon found in soap operas. Yes, there is drama here, just on a more realistic level.

♥ Yuri Anime and Manga news, websites and updates ♥ - Page 3 Vlcsnap-2012-01-10-11h25m41s16

Love My Life immediately introduced us to Ichiko Izumiya and Eri Joujima, two very nice girls in love with one another. For a majority of the film we explore Ichiko's daily life, including her school life, gay best friend, her father and her job at a music store. Eri is presented in a more mysterious light, but isn't some antagonist in sheep's clothing. The less we see of Eri's lifestyle only mean she's a more private person with a stricter background, which we'll get to shortly.

One day, the ever-so optimistic Ichiko and Eri agree to present their relationship to their parents. Starting with Ichiko's father, Housei, who isn't quite taken aback by his daughter's girlfriend as he had a secret himself. Later on, during their walk together, Ichiko's father reveals that he is also homosexual and that Ichiko's mother was a lesbian. He insists Ichiko was made out of love as he loved his wife very much and both agreed to the idea of starting a family. Unfortunately, Ichiko's mother is deceased, which makes Housei's news of his boyfriend kinda awkward. More awkward was the scene where Ichiko met the boyfriend. She can tell he resents her for being Housei's daughter or else they would be much closer than they are now.

"Look at Elton John. He came right out and got married!"

Throughout the film, Ichiko comforts and seeks the comfort of her gay best friend, Take-chan. Take is afraid of coming out of the closet; especially now certain students are starting to figure him out. What protects him is being around Ichiko all the time, making it seem like she is his girlfriend. What's cute is that when Ichiko told Eri about this idea, Eri expressed immediate jealously. You know they're not together, but you still feel kinda 'ehhhh' when you hear something like that. So true to life, I love that scene to pieces.

♥ Yuri Anime and Manga news, websites and updates ♥ - Page 3 Vlcsnap-2012-01-10-11h25m07s196

During a very adorable rendezvous at the beach, Ichiko and Eri run into Ichiko's ex-girlfriend (who is now with another woman. She tells Ichiko that she loved her mother very much, even her girlfriend knew Ichiko's mother. It was one of those "she would of been proud to see me with THIS woman now as we both knew her" moments. Eri stays quiet during the entire scene, wondering about her own relationship. You can practically read Eri's thoughts, the gears in her head constantly turn as each event unfolds.

One of the most random parts of the film comes when a good looking tall girl with a Mohawk visits the music store frequently. Ichiko takes a liking to this store, not so much in a love way, but as a form of fascination. Eventually, Ichiko starts talking to the Mohawk girl. This girl is set up as someone with heavy appeal, mystery and sexuality because of her "don't give a fuck attitude" and outrageous sense of style. What happened next was no surprise to me...the two kissed after sharing a moment together. I hate how Ichiko apologizes to Eri for kissing her, when the Mohawk girl made the first move. She should of apologized for not pulling back, there's a difference.

Ichiko comes back home to Eri, quickly informing her of what happened. Eri tells her the same, that she kissed someone else as well. With Ichiko visibly hurt by the thoughts, Eri turned around and told her she was kidding. It was to show Ichiko how it feels to have someone you love kiss somebody else. Because of this, Eri still loves and believes in Ichiko, as it was nothing but a stupid mistake Ichiko made. This scene is a great example of understanding, a dying art in this world.

♥ Yuri Anime and Manga news, websites and updates ♥ - Page 3 Vlcsnap-2012-01-10-11h24m57s80

Wait, they're not done yet. When a guy from Eri's past shows up to get together again, Ichiko is unable to stick around. Eri informs him that it's been over for a long time, leaving him unaware that she is a lesbian. Eri catches up to Ichiko and before (or after) they make love, she informs Ichiko that she can never have sex with a man again. She was going through a time of confusion and it wasn't who she was.

Finally, the time has come to meet Eri's father. He was one serious lawyer who takes the profession seriously. More seriously than that? His stance against homosexuality. Eri craves for her father's approval, so much that she wants to focus on her studies to become a lawyer. To properly do this, she informs Ichiko that they cannot see each other until the exams are over. Being told you can't see your girlfriend anymore on Christmas? Ouch.

In Eri's absence, a lot of things start to look up for Ichiko even though she constantly worries and sulks over Eri. Her father gets her a job doing translation work, thinking she'd be perfect. The topic of Eri came up, but her father quickly ignores it so she can keep her mind focused on the job. I think he did that because he knew Eri will eventually come back. Ichiko even started a little fanfiction for Eri which caused her to touch herself. Nothing explicit of course, but it's a nice way of showing how much you miss your lover. Her gay BFF Take-chan even drops some great news on Ichiko that he found himself a boyfriend.

In the film's climax, Ichiko gets the text message she's been waiting for. After a touching reunion between the two, Eri tells Ichiko that she is done with the studying and wants to become a writer. She is done trying to please everyone else and wants to focus on what really matters in life. Eri then reveals her work to Ichiko cleverly titled "Love My Life", which quickly gets published during the final scene of Ichiko and Eri making sweet love to each other. Solidifying their love for all time.

♥ Yuri Anime and Manga news, websites and updates ♥ - Page 3 Vlcsnap-2012-01-10-11h26m50s209

Love My Life isn't anything new, but dammit, it was done so well. It has a constant theme of analyzing families, what is means to be in love, and asking ourselves what we want. Rei Yoshii and Asami Imajuku are great actresses, their performances were convincingly charming. You believe they're in love whenever they're together, nothing ever felt phony here. This is a feel good slice of life for anyone in a close relationship.

Two girls in love, two men in love, a man and woman in love...don't you see? We're the same. We feel the same. Split right down the center.

Luu Sky Sapphire rates Love my Life:

ShizNat3 ShizNat3 ShizNat3 ShizNat3 / ShizNat3 ShizNat3 ShizNat3 ShizNat3 ShizNat3

4/5 ShizNat
Full Price

"It doesn't matter how vulnerable I am. It doesn't matter how much it hurts. I don't need a strong shield anymore."
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by ATHENAx514 Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:56 am

I have studied this list in the beginning intenssely, i havent made it very far. so far I have seen:
Blue Drop
Queens Blade (not all of them)
Candy Boy
Sailor Moon
Simoun
Strawberry Panic!
Kannazuki No Miko
Shojo Sect
Burst Angel
Canaan (still finishing)
Ga Rei Zero
Kyoshiro to Towa no Sora
Rin: Daughters of Mnemosyne (i found this one on my own dont ask how lol)
Noir
Read or Die ( the OVA i havent seen the tv series)
Strike witches
Ikki Tousen and Ikki Tousen dragon destiny
my Hime/Otome? Otome Zwei/ Otome 0 Sifr

Other than the last ones my favorite is Ikki Tousen! I really think it was intended for guys but whatever I have never seen so much action and boobs in one series since Queens Blade!^.^
ATHENAx514
ATHENAx514
Fuuka Academy Student
Fuuka Academy Student

Bubuzuke points : 140
Armitage GUTS!!! : 60

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:48 am

o_o Oooo! Ooo! I'd like to read your thoughts on Noir please!:

https://ltahime.forumotion.com/t42-noir-discussion-thread

Burst Angel too, if we have a thread for it in the General Anime/Manga forum.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by NazrinTsunMouse Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:05 am

I am disappointed at the lack of mention of Aoishiro. It has to be one of the most beautifully done yuri VNs I have come across as well as my all time favorite.

Also, Rinne no Lagrange is definitely something to be checked out. Plenty of yuri subtext, so much that it almost stops being subtext and just becomes text. Besides the yuri, it's a fun mecha anime with lovable characters and an interesting plot. Pretty much had been my favorite anime of the season.
NazrinTsunMouse
NazrinTsunMouse
Fuuka Academy Student
Fuuka Academy Student

Bubuzuke points : 22
Armitage GUTS!!! : 10

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:11 am

NazrinTsunMouse wrote:I am disappointed at the lack of mention of Aoishiro. It has to be one of the most beautifully done yuri VNs I have come across as well as my all time favorite.

Also, Rinne no Lagrange is definitely something to be checked out. Plenty of yuri subtext, so much that it almost stops being subtext and just becomes text. Besides the yuri, it's a fun mecha anime with lovable characters and an interesting plot. Pretty much had been my favorite anime of the season.

Rinne no Lagrange is already in progress for me. I haven't seen Aoishiro yet, so I will analyze it with a team of horny fangirls at our yuri Facebook group, to get more information out of it. Check back later. :3
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by NazrinTsunMouse Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:23 am

Aha, I almost forgot. Katahane is another great Visual Novel. Unlike Aoishiro it's not strictly yuri. It focuses on two couples. One couple is your standard, yet cute het couple, the other is an equally cute yuri couple. The het couple and yuri couple each have their own path so if you're on the yuri path you won't see much development for the het pairing and vice versa.

Also, unlike Aoishiro, it is an eroge. So there's h-scenes between both couples and one other couple, depending on what route you're on.
NazrinTsunMouse
NazrinTsunMouse
Fuuka Academy Student
Fuuka Academy Student

Bubuzuke points : 22
Armitage GUTS!!! : 10

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Mon May 21, 2012 10:54 pm

bump

♥ Yuri Anime and Manga news, websites and updates ♥ - Page 3 Scan0002-5
Sorry about the bad rushed scan. It isn't as good as the flawless ones I did for our Mai-HiME EXA releases. Please email your complaints to: Idon'tgiveashit@youstupidassholedipshitdotnet.

Picking up the latest Otaku USA earlier made me run into this little article on the adorable romantic 4-koma Poor Poor Lips...oh sorry..."Pure Pure Kiss". My girlfriend didn't believe the name change and now she can see I wasn't crazy... Natsuki Kruger2

It's nice to see Poor Poor Lips get some media spotlight, it's one of the best yuri stories I've ever read for it's sweetness. If I were invited to Ren and Nako's wedding, I'd be the first in attendance. This was the only yuri featured in the magazine, I think. I've only skimmed through it all, catching glimpses of series with yuri subtext like Angel Beats and it's featured series, Panty & Stocking with garterbelt. I'm thrilled this is being released in North America btw...
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluholic711 Tue May 22, 2012 3:40 pm

I do have a project I'm working named Alien girl Shiki.
It's on Fictionpress, created by me (Kahoruko711)
Just type the title on the search tab, read and review!
Bluholic711
Bluholic711
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

Bubuzuke points : 4629
Armitage GUTS!!! : 626

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:38 pm

bump

SO! What do you all think happened to Dynasty Scans lately? Server move? Construction? New release? makoto
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by IlliterateKoi Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:16 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:Server move?

This. Their host blocked them due to RAM use apparently. They have a new host now and should be back up and running in a couple days :3
IlliterateKoi
IlliterateKoi
Goldfish wanker of Camelot

Bubuzuke points : 4261
Armitage GUTS!!! : 441

Back to top Go down

Post by depression76 Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:49 pm

IlliterateKoi wrote:

This. Their host blocked them due to RAM use apparently. They have a new host now and should be back up and running in a couple days :3

How does the fishy knows? 8O
Have you been swimming around in 4chan?
depression76
depression76
White Devil Worshiper
White Devil Worshiper

Bubuzuke points : 7627
Armitage GUTS!!! : 1396

http://daydreamwiththedragon.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by IlliterateKoi Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:49 pm

depression76 wrote:
IlliterateKoi wrote:

How does the fishy knows? 8O
Have you been swimming around in 4chan?

Hell no I haven't been swimming around in 4chan D:

I just know these things, I'm magical like that~ ;D

Spoiler:

IlliterateKoi
IlliterateKoi

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:43 pm

The Dynasty Scans Twitter page! Akira Okuzaki So that's how she did it...

And no, I was not expecting troll face. Natsuki Kuga Do not assume things, U.K. cod.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Natsukichan1 Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:53 pm

Nice to hear that, Koi-chan! I miss the yuri-mangas :(
Natsukichan1
Natsukichan1
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Bubuzuke points : 1219
Armitage GUTS!!! : 166

http://xxserichanxx.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:57 pm

Natsukichan1 wrote:Nice to hear that, Koi-chan! I miss the yuri-mangas :(

We need Yuri manga to live! TO BREATHE! ChiexAoi
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Natsukichan1 Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:01 pm

YES!!!!! :twisted:
Natsukichan1
Natsukichan1
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:34 am

Attention dear Yuri-Lovers..! Dynasty Scans is BACK ONLINE~!!!! *fack yeah!*

Chibi moon Chibi moon Chibi moon Chibi moon
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Natsukichan1 Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:56 am

YAY!!!!!!!
Natsukichan1
Natsukichan1
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Back to top Go down

Post by IlliterateKoi Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:16 pm

Finally Mikoto Minagi
IlliterateKoi
IlliterateKoi

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:17 pm

IlliterateKoi wrote:Finally Mikoto Minagi

Mikoto Minagi Want a kick to the vage bone, though?

Spoiler:

I wish I were trolling...
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next