Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tokyo Mew Mew Discussion

3 posters

Go down

Tokyo Mew Mew Discussion Empty Tokyo Mew Mew Discussion

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:44 pm

Tokyo Mew Mew Discussion!

Tokyo Mew Mew Clean Opening

Koi wa A La Mode Tokyo Mew Mew!

The eye gouging 4-Kids Mew Mew Power - Opening

Luu has recently finished his rewatch of Tokyo Mew Mew and had a chance to talk briefly about the series on his Tumblr. So here's what I said:

While it’s not the greatest successor to Sailor Moon, Tokyo Mew Mew holds it’s own by capturing a lot of the magic that the Sailor Moon anime series created back in 1992 with it’s first season. The dubbing company 4kids destroyed Mew Mew’s chances of becoming a bigger success in North America, which is a major shame considering how much faith was put into the franchise. History repeated itself, Tokyo Mew Mew (renamed as Mew Mew Power) was given a terrible 6am time slot. 4kids were run by a bunch of morons who had no clue about the Japanese anime business. If you’re pushing a brand new show, you set it in the afternoon or a much later time for Saturday mornings.

Though it came up short, Mew Mew is a fun magical girl series. Ichigo, Mint, Lettuce, Pudding and Zakuro are great characters, albeit cliche. They protect the world from environmental destruction and deal with personal issues that young people can relate to.

Speaking of great characters:

Tokyo Mew Mew Discussion Zakuro12
Tokyo Mew Mew Discussion Zakuro11

Zakuro from Tokyo Mew Mew. Started as a lone wolf type with a similar lifestyle/fashion sense to Ayaka Komatsu’s Aino Minako from Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon. nao she battles the evil aliens sent by “Deep Blue”, along with making Mint’s panties wet on a daily basis.

This image is a combination of several screen shots from the series. Enjoy it, I know I do. *licks lips* From head to toe, baby. From head to toe.

---

Use this thread to talk about Tokyo Mew Mew, the manga and anything else. HiME
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Bubuzuke points : 42532
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2524

http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Tokyo Mew Mew Discussion Empty Re: Tokyo Mew Mew Discussion

Post by Kyubey Mittens Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:33 pm

I read the first two volumes because I saw a lot of them in my library. I enjoy quite a bit despite not being the intended audience.
Kyubey Mittens
Kyubey Mittens
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 437
Armitage GUTS!!! : 154

Back to top Go down

Post by depression76 Sun Aug 14, 2011 3:46 pm

All I can say that is the manga's art killed my eyes.

The anime? If not for Zakuro and the catchy songs, I wouldn't have given them a chance~~ Noda Junko is too great a seiyuu to miss xDD
depression76
depression76
White Devil Worshiper
White Devil Worshiper

Bubuzuke points : 7627
Armitage GUTS!!! : 1396

http://daydreamwiththedragon.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:37 pm

depression76 wrote:The anime? If not for Zakuro and the catchy songs, I wouldn't have given them a chance~~ Noda Junko is too great a seiyuu to miss xDD

Noda Junko is wonderful! OMG!!! <33333 Zakuro really made the series extremely watchable after a while. She's just too beautiful to ignore.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by depression76 Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:56 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
depression76 wrote:The anime? If not for Zakuro and the catchy songs, I wouldn't have given them a chance~~ Noda Junko is too great a seiyuu to miss xDD

Noda Junko is wonderful! OMG!!! <33333 Zakuro really made the series extremely watchable after a while. She's just too beautiful to ignore.

Agree! And the belly button...!! lol xD
depression76
depression76
White Devil Worshiper
White Devil Worshiper

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:26 am

depression76 wrote:Agree! And the belly button...!! lol xD

:3 Would you like two helpings of Zakuro-sama?

Tokyo Mew Mew Discussion Animep22

Tokyo Mew Mew Discussion Animep23
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by depression76 Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:09 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
depression76 wrote:Agree! And the belly button...!! lol xD

:3 Would you like two helpings of Zakuro-sama?

Tokyo Mew Mew Discussion Animep22

Tokyo Mew Mew Discussion Animep23

LOL yes please!
I'm sick of Ichigo, wish Zakuro had more screen times >>

Spoiler:
neads moar good art and less ecchi >>
depression76
depression76
White Devil Worshiper
White Devil Worshiper

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:01 pm

O_o Zakuro had her own character CD?! *SPAZZSEARCHES THROUGH EBAY AND YAHOO JAPAN*

xD Ichigo Momomiya is a nice girl but she is no Usagi Tsukino. Plus I still believe she cares more about "Aoyama-kun" than her own friends. Whereas Sailor Moon had a good balance of love for her friends, lover and family.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by depression76 Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:05 am

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:O_o Zakuro had her own character CD?! *SPAZZSEARCHES THROUGH EBAY AND YAHOO JAPAN*

xD Ichigo Momomiya is a nice girl but she is no Usagi Tsukino. Plus I still believe she cares more about "Aoyama-kun" than her own friends. Whereas Sailor Moon had a good balance of love for her friends, lover and family.

I think so...come to think of it, this is the first time I've seen her on a character CD cover O_o

YEAH. And oh my god, if I hear anymore 'Aoyama-kun' from her mouth, I think I'm going to murder someone. The entire series was too focused on her and less on the team. And that's just a pity because the side charas have interesting personality if the author wants to dig on them a little bit.
depression76
depression76
White Devil Worshiper
White Devil Worshiper

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:44 am

depression76 wrote:YEAH. And oh my god, if I hear anymore 'Aoyama-kun' from her mouth, I think I'm going to murder someone. The entire series was too focused on her and less on the team. And that's just a pity because the side charas have interesting personality if the author wants to dig on them a little bit.

Ichigo and Aoyama suffer from that disease Usagi and Mamoru, Tamahome and Miaka, and Inuyasha x Kagome have. Straight couples that can't stop repeating names. :)

Usagi : Mamo-chan!

Mamoru: Usako.

---

Miaka: TAMAHOMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

Tamahome: Miaka.

---

Kagome: INUYASHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

---

Imagine those exchanges repeated 9-10 more times in a single episode. Only those three pale in comparison to Ichigo and Aoyama. You're going to hear 'Aoyama-kun' until your ears start bleeding. Shiho Huit
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by depression76 Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:55 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
depression76 wrote:YEAH. And oh my god, if I hear anymore 'Aoyama-kun' from her mouth, I think I'm going to murder someone. The entire series was too focused on her and less on the team. And that's just a pity because the side charas have interesting personality if the author wants to dig on them a little bit.

Ichigo and Aoyama suffer from that disease Usagi and Mamoru, Tamahome and Miaka, and Inuyasha x Kagome have. Straight couples that can't stop repeating names. :)

Usagi : Mamo-chan!

Mamoru: Usako.

---

Miaka: TAMAHOMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

Tamahome: Miaka.

---

Kagome: INUYASHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

---

Imagine those exchanges repeated 9-10 more times in a single episode. Only those three pale in comparison to Ichigo and Aoyama. You're going to hear 'Aoyama-kun' until your ears start bleeding. Shiho Huit

Oh god, noes. Ear rape!! D888

You forgot one, Luu. From bleach.

Orihime Inoue: "KUROSAKI-KUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUN" x 10000000000000000000
depression76
depression76
White Devil Worshiper
White Devil Worshiper

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:50 pm

depression76 wrote:You forgot one, Luu. From bleach.

Orihime Inoue: "KUROSAKI-KUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUN" x 10000000000000000000

XDD How could I have possibly missed Orihime's ear-piercing cries. It's her boobs. *nods* I focused way too much on them...

Back on topic, I want to discuss an obvious relationship in the series that caught my attention. Zakuro x Mint. Yeah, obvious right? Mint's inner fangirl reaches it's peak when the beautiful Fujiwara is around. For some reason beyond my understanding, I do not like this pair. It seems rather shallow mostly thanks to Mint thinking Zakuro is more important than anything in the world, similar to Ichigo's feelings on "Aoyama-kun". It's funny how Tokyo Mew Mew easily establishes not only an annoying straight couple, but also an annoying lesbian couple. Still, it would be wrong to crucify Zakuro fully because she is the mature adult of the group and the only Mew Mew I would ever take seriously in battle.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by depression76 Sat Aug 20, 2011 3:12 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:Back on topic, I want to discuss an obvious relationship in the series that caught my attention. Zakuro x Mint. Yeah, obvious right? Mint's inner fangirl reaches it's peak when the beautiful Fujiwara is around. For some reason beyond my understanding, I do not like this pair. It seems rather shallow mostly thanks to Mint thinking Zakuro is more important than anything in the world, similar to Ichigo's feelings on "Aoyama-kun". It's funny how Tokyo Mew Mew easily establishes not only an annoying straight couple, but also an annoying lesbian couple. Still, it would be wrong to crucify Zakuro fully because she is the mature adult of the group and the only Mew Mew I would ever take seriously in battle.

For me, I have always hated the Zakuro x Mint pairing. Same like you, I don't think they have enough stable base to upgrade the relationship into something akind of romance. Mint has always looked up to Zakuro in an idolized/almost-obsessive way, and frankly, I see nothing else there but that. Superficial, and for fans, no offense, to put them together in desperation because they're the only possible Yuri pairing in the series, is just sad.

But still, everyone are entitled to their opinion.

If I can be honest, this anime has shallow romance. That's why I don't ship or root for any couplings in this series, and only continue watching it because Zakuro kicks ass, the themesongs are awesome, and of course, the seiyuu.
depression76
depression76
White Devil Worshiper
White Devil Worshiper

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:03 am

depression76 wrote:For me, I have always hated the Zakuro x Mint pairing. Same like you, I don't think they have enough stable base to upgrade the relationship into something akind of romance. Mint has always looked up to Zakuro in an idolized/almost-obsessive way, and frankly, I see nothing else there but that. Superficial, and for fans, no offense, to put them together in desperation because they're the only possible Yuri pairing in the series, is just sad.

But still, everyone are entitled to their opinion.

If I can be honest, this anime has shallow romance. That's why I don't ship or root for any couplings in this series, and only continue watching it because Zakuro kicks ass, the themesongs are awesome, and of course, the seiyuu.

Mint is also not mature enough to maintain a relationship with Zakuro. Yes, Mint can be a responsible adult and is quite on the ball compared to Ichigo (as seen with her passion in ballet). However, she is still young with no real experience in love. Should Zakuro ever accept her feelings; she will discover really quickly how one-sided the relationship is. The wolf girl does balance Cafe duties, celebrity life and fighting Chimera Anima. Mint comes off really needy; without Zakuro around to satisfy her, she will become a total drama queen. It's happened before in the series and it's even worse when you're in love and spurned.

Like you, the shallow romance is a turn off. *nervous laugh* I guess this is why I don't date every girl I see on the spot; to avoid superficial romances. I'd like to believe I can know someone on such a deep personal level and if when things take their course, a romance (built up from long term respect, trust and friendship) will be born. With Zakuro and Mint I don't see that...if they did have a romance it would be a result of Mint being horny and Zakuro realizing she's stuck with the Mew Mew girls for all eternity.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by depression76 Sun Aug 21, 2011 4:55 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:Mint is also not mature enough to maintain a relationship with Zakuro. Yes, Mint can be a responsible adult and is quite on the ball compared to Ichigo (as seen with her passion in ballet). However, she is still young with no real experience in love. Should Zakuro ever accept her feelings; she will discover really quickly how one-sided the relationship is. The wolf girl does balance Cafe duties, celebrity life and fighting Chimera Anima. Mint comes off really needy; without Zakuro around to satisfy her, she will become a total drama queen. It's happened before in the series and it's even worse when you're in love and spurned.

Like you, the shallow romance is a turn off. *nervous laugh* I guess this is why I don't date every girl I see on the spot; to avoid superficial romances. I'd like to believe I can know someone on such a deep personal level and if when things take their course, a romance (built up from long term respect, trust and friendship) will be born. With Zakuro and Mint I don't see that...if they did have a romance it would be a result of Mint being horny and Zakuro realizing she's stuck with the Mew Mew girls for all eternity.

I am so happy to find someone who has the same opinion as me xDD
All in all, Tokyo Mew Mew is a great show if you don't count the romance, the shipping and the cliche girl-like-boy plot xDD

Zakuro love love! haha Nao Yuuki
depression76
depression76
White Devil Worshiper
White Devil Worshiper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content