Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Strawberry Panic! Discussion!

+9
SulliMike23
SpiderNeKoHiME
Chaglette
Kino karutta-chan
zanekal1
Konaxookami
Chibi Rachy
Amaya
Luu Sky Sapphire
13 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Strawberry Panic! Discussion! Empty Strawberry Panic! Discussion!

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:58 pm

Mai-Multiverse (That's US!) In: Strawberry Panic! Discussion!

Strawberry Panic! Discussion! Sp0110

Similar to Marimite, Strawberry Panic is about love (from both sides or unrequited), friendships, intrigues. Best of all: No Men! YAY! */end sarcasm. Astraea Hill has rainbows which repel us...

On Astraea Hill, there are three girl schools; St. Miatre Academy, St. Spica Academy, and St. Le Rim Academy. Little Aoi Nagisa transferred to the 4th grade of St. Miatre Academy by some reason. On the very first day, she met “Etoile”, Hanazono Shizuma.

Or "Shizuma-oneesama" for you hopeless fangirls. ;p

Etoile is the leader of the whole students of the tree schools, and she was a girl of admiration. She has a large power and trust, at the same time, she must shoulder heavy responsibility and duty proportional to her power. Nagisa was fascinated by Shizuma’s beauty and she was frozen. On the other hand, looking into Nagisa’s face gently, Shizuma put her arms around Nagaisa’s shoulders and her face was approaching to Nagisa’s face...

Strawberry Panic! Discussion! Sp0210 Tamao is the most evil character in the series to me...

The manga is rarely talked about, so I wanna comment on one thing. Even with the two new chapters added to the collection, Strawberry Panic! ends so abruptly. Aside from maybe Shizuma and her past, nobody got proper character study in my opinion. This is why I prefer Marimite by a long shot, though Strawberry Panic! does deliver the goods faster if you like that kind of anime. The fanservice is more outward than Maria-sama and doesn't try to be discreet.

Strawberry Panic! Discussion! Sp0310

I'm not into the cliche uke girl, but Hikari is a very major exception. She's too cute for her own good. Standing next to her is the awesome Yaya. :)

So discuss, rant and fangirl over the Strawberry Panic! universe. :)
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Bubuzuke points : 42532
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2524

http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Strawberry Panic! Discussion! Empty Re: Strawberry Panic! Discussion!

Post by Amaya Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:50 pm

Yaya :cheers: !!!I love her character.

What I don't like is the Shizuma/Nagisa couple. NagisaXTamao works better with me. Nagisa has this typical cute girl attitude (not as bad as hikari has but sill) and Shizuma is such a strong dramatic character. She is better off alone in her drama world^^
Oh and Akane to me is boring as hell. That horse-woman. But I'm glad she took Hikari away from Yaya because here we have the same problem. Strong character and very very weak character.
So, I figure I put the weak to the weak and the strong to the strong. What comes out is Shizuma X Yaya... tada 🐷
Amaya
Amaya
Head of the Anti-NatNao-Phobic-Unit

Bubuzuke points : 1200
Armitage GUTS!!! : 445

http://crawlinggirl.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:05 am

:lol: You're funny, but I can agree with you here. Little Miss Innovator. ;p Shipping seme together isn't far-fetched by any stretch. It has become too traditional in yuri to ship the uke and the seme, especially as main characters of the series.

I don't know, I just don't feel Shizuma/Nagisa's relationship if you can call it that. Nagisa just happened to be in the middle of all this Etoile related stuff and since she was gonna remain at Astraea Hill for the rest of her life, she figured "I shouldn't be with the popular Shizuma-oneesama so soon, butsurewhynot,shetouchedme!"
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Amaya Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:10 am

^^I think Strawberry Panic as a whole is a bit odd. I mean three girl schools on a hill and everyone is gay without doubt o.O it's so odd that it almost appears normal that there seem to be no guys on skirt-planet.
But still it's fun to watch. I don't like the uke/seme idea. But still I watch it because I have no option :suspect:
Amaya
Amaya

Bubuzuke points : 1200
Armitage GUTS!!! : 445

http://crawlinggirl.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Chibi Rachy Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:11 pm

Strawberry Panic was easy to enjoy.... once I learned to like it for the cheesy soap opera drama that it is. Near the end it really takes soap opera to a whole new level with the incident involving Amane. Amane's my favorite, no doubt, but I wouldn't list SP among my top favorites. It was my gateway into yuri.

You didn't mention the light novels though. I think prefer the plot of them because it shines a different light on the competition. Of course, it does end abruptly there too. There were only two released. The second one is my favorite, due to the stuff that happens to Amane and Hikari. Because of those things...they are not in line to become the next Etoile. :D

You can find the first one easy, second one is rare, very rare. I've seen something about how it was a limited run and the unsold copies were destroyed, or something like that. If you find it under $100, power to you. The funny thing is that my public library actually has them, and they have very little manga to start with.
Chibi Rachy
Chibi Rachy
Sibylla Aurea of Simoun Fanfic

Bubuzuke points : 479
Armitage GUTS!!! : 174

http://chibirachy.livejournal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:56 pm

@ Amaya: I think there was a guy in the background of the manga in the beginning, that's it. XD

@ Chibi Rachy: O_O; How the Hell did your library get copies. Wait, don't answer that...^^;

I never read the lights novels. I hate to think they were the two "new chapters" included in the Strawberry Panic! Omnibus collection.

I'm fond of Amane/Hikari in a traditional couple sense. Amane is the prince with Hikari as her princess.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Konaxookami Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:54 pm

Ah Strawberry Panic...Fond memories there. Fond memories. I think that it was the most drama llama ridden anime I had watched at the time when I first found out about it. It was borderline ridiculous-but I'm attached to it nonetheless. I was a fan of Amane I have to admit-probably because I love horses and aloof girls like her-so it works. x3 But I ADORE Kaname and Momomi-Those two were just sooooo PERFECT for the series-in the anime I mean-in the manga not so much. ^^; As for Shizuma-I sympathized with her, but I couldn't understand her infatuation with Nagisa for the longest time. But-I wasn't really focusing on them, I was more involved with the Yaya, Kanama, Amane, Hikari, Momomi love WHATEVER of craziness. x.x

I do appreciate the manga though-I have both volumes of it-though not the omnibus-since it was only like two chapters that I really didn't need...Since I happen to own This:
Strawberry Panic! Discussion! School10
I had no clue that the second light novel was so elusive. ^^; I've had it for a while nao. I don't have the first, but they've got some copies at my local Borders so...If I wanted it I could get it. I like the Light Novels the best I think-it's a pretty good contender with the middle of the manga where we see the Shizuma flashbacks and some nice Amane and Hikari moments. Though...The second light novel leaves off with that cliffhanger bit and I really wish that the third was brought over-but alas...Those last two chapters in the Omnibus were in the second light novel as a plot device to get the whole AmanexHikari drama rolling and then the YAYA bit. Dear me...that was some crazy stuff. You should read them Luu-they're worth it in the end. x3
Konaxookami
Konaxookami
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Bubuzuke points : 2209
Armitage GUTS!!! : 803
Location : Somewhere between the Furthest Ring and the Hall of Justice

Back to top Go down

Post by Chibi Rachy Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:04 pm

Konaxookami wrote:
I had no clue that the second light novel was so elusive. ^^; I've had it for a while nao. I don't have the first, but they've got some copies at my local Borders so...If I wanted it I could get it.

Indeed it is. Surprising. Definitely pick up the first to complete your set. I don't have the omnibus for SP yet...I'll get it eventually to complete my collection.

And Luu, I have no idea why my library has them. It's so odd too. This is a pretty conservative area so to go to the glbt section in the library is to find old books and there is no separate fiction section... so to see SP there is very amusing.
Chibi Rachy
Chibi Rachy

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:25 pm

Konaxookami wrote:As for Shizuma-I sympathized with her, but I couldn't understand her infatuation with Nagisa for the longest time

So did I, but it was very stock sympathy. ^^; Nothing wrong with little Nagisa, she's a cute girl. Just nothing spectacular about her. My own attraction to females depends on how much character they have. Nagisa says to me: "I'm easy". Perfect for Shizuma types (heck, even Shizuru types! ;p )

Speaking of sadness, I'm not clear as to what caused Kaori's suffering
Spoiler:

Konaxookami wrote:Those last two chapters in the Omnibus were in the second light novel as a plot device to get the whole AmanexHikari drama rolling and then the YAYA bit. Dear me...that was some crazy stuff. You should read them Luu-they're worth it in the end. x3

Oh so those two chapters were just part of the light novel? @_@ By any chance would Kona-chan or The Rach have scans of these lights lovels? I'm obsessed nao.

Chibi Rachy wrote:And Luu, I have no idea why my library has them. It's so odd too. This is a pretty conservative area so to go to the glbt section in the library is to find old books and there is no separate fiction section... so to see SP there is very amusing.

^_~ In my experience at two nearby libraries, staff never actually reads the content unless the cover reveals too much *laughs* More amazing is that they obtained copies. Maybe some Otaku donated them? It happens quite often with manga at my library.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Konaxookami Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:31 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
Speaking of sadness, I'm not clear as to what caused Kaori's suffering
Spoiler:
I think it was a heart disease-or something terminal like that. Who knows-I think it's best to call it Plot Device Disease-since it seems like most anime have a terminal illness that causes a death-BUT NO ONE KNOWS THE ILLNESS. >> So it's just thrown in there for the plot's sake.

Oh so those two chapters were just part of the light novel? @_@ By any chance would Kona-chan or The Rach have scans of these lights lovels? I'm obsessed nao.
Yeah-sort of-it's a bit confusing to explain though. I could try scanning my copy-but I don't know how well that'd work-It's pretty long and I'm not sure how it'd hold up x.x I could scan the lovely drawings inside though-since those are very nice.
Konaxookami
Konaxookami
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Back to top Go down

Post by Chibi Rachy Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:24 pm

XD It's much too long to scan. It's like a mini novel. Someone's selling it for $80 on Amazon...if that's even the correct book. I searched by ISBN and got it. What's funny is that the seller is selling it on their own site for over $200... I'm not surprised that it's doubled a bit over a year after I bought my copy.

I do find SP more interesting than Marimite though... I finally started season 2 of that and it's so... slow. I'm used to some sort of action. Even though SP was shallow and cheesy, it at least kept my attention a lot better than Marimite does. Marimite has it's moments and certain characters...

And speaking of SP... anyone else seen Strawberry Jeopardy?
Chibi Rachy
Chibi Rachy

Back to top Go down

Post by zanekal1 Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:48 pm

Hmmm... I recived the omnibus for christmas and have not gotten around to reading it but as I have seen the entire anime series I have to say that Chikaru Minamoto is my favorite character we all know she is as gay as the day is long but she is like hey I can also do all this other stuff too... it makes you wonder what "magic" tricks she has in store for her GF Wink

Strawberry Panic! Discussion! Chikar10
zanekal1
zanekal1
Looks like a Yukino tastes like a Chie

Bubuzuke points : 628
Armitage GUTS!!! : 248

http://krypton619.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Sat Feb 26, 2011 7:47 pm

Konaxookami wrote:I think it was a heart disease-or something terminal like that. Who knows-I think it's best to call it Plot Device Disease-since it seems like most anime have a terminal illness that causes a death-BUT NO ONE KNOWS THE ILLNESS. >> So it's just thrown in there for the plot's sake.

Yeah-sort of-it's a bit confusing to explain though. I could try scanning my copy-but I don't know how well that'd work-It's pretty long and I'm not sure how it'd hold up x.x I could scan the lovely drawings inside though-since those are very nice.

>_> Oh Fumi, it was a plot device wasn't it? nao I feel bad for Kaori. In the anime Simoun, they did a lot more the character of Amuria, who is also deceased (though some debate she's lost in another dimension).

I'm desperate, but Rachy is right about scanning being tedious. Those lovely drawings will be sufficient for nao if you can spare sometime, Kona-chan. ^_~

Chibi Rachy wrote:I do find SP more interesting than Marimite though... I finally started season 2 of that and it's so... slow. I'm used to some sort of action. Even though SP was shallow and cheesy, it at least kept my attention a lot better than Marimite does. Marimite has it's moments and certain characters...

And speaking of SP... anyone else seen Strawberry Jeopardy?

Marimite is better for me, only because it's more elusive with it's yuri romances. Strawberry Panic! is too shallow to be considered great, just enjoyable. I do agree that it's slow, then I think of Sachiko and all is right with the world. <3333

Way ahead of you, Rach. ^_~

zanekal1 wrote:Hmmm... I recived the omnibus for christmas and have not gotten around to reading it but as I have seen the entire anime series I have to say that Chikaru Minamoto

I haven't watched the anime in a long time, I don't remember much of it. Only the manga is still fresh in mind (what are you waiting for Zaney-kins?! Read it! It's so short!) Time to venture to Amazon so I can have it once and for all...for a discount price...

Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by zanekal1 Sat Feb 26, 2011 8:20 pm

Just finished reading it today the art work was fun and it was a very light read I am more in love with chikaru nao too :face:
zanekal1
zanekal1

Bubuzuke points : 628
Armitage GUTS!!! : 248

http://krypton619.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Kino karutta-chan Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:25 am

I can't remember, if I finished reading the manga ö.ö Is there a full translation somewhere in the inet?? :0

Amaya wrote:So, I figure I put the weak to the weak and the strong to the strong. What comes out is Shizuma X Yaya... tada 🐷
haha, that would be too awesome : D and kinda strange, too ô.o

zanekal1 wrote:Strawberry Panic! Discussion! Chikar10
CARMEN!
Why I am calling Chikaru Carmen?? ;P

Besides Shizuma and Yaya my third favourite character is Kaori ö.ö Don't ask me, I liked her a lot after the 3nd rewatch...
Kino karutta-chan
Kino karutta-chan
Eyes Set to Kk-chan ö.ö
Eyes Set to Kk-chan ö.ö

Bubuzuke points : 7047
Armitage GUTS!!! : 1556

http://kinokarutta-chan.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Chibi Rachy Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:45 pm

Hey Luu I found the first light novel for ya. Someone was selling it cheap. If I get it, I'll send it to you.
Chibi Rachy
Chibi Rachy

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Sun Feb 27, 2011 3:50 pm

Chibi Rachy wrote:Hey Luu I found the first light novel for ya. Someone was selling it cheap. If I get it, I'll send it to you.

Razz Wow! Thanks, Rachy! At last I can read the damn thing. I'll happily accept it! *happy dance*
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Chibi Rachy Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:02 pm

Haha no prob :) I saw it and figured I'd grab it since you had wanted to read it. I'm paying less than what it retailed for it total, so by the time it gets to you, it'll have cost no more than its exact retail :D
Chibi Rachy
Chibi Rachy

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:32 pm

:D How smart of you, the cheaper the better. All anime/manga is too pricey, especially if you want imports. Through crafty business planning and dealings, you can get what you want cheaper. I wouldn't have 70% of my merchandise today if it weren't for my partner on Yahoo Japan. Or else I'd be stuck with mostly common items from ebay, my local F.Y.E. and rightstuf. Cons too, as we're about to experience this July. :)
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Chibi Rachy Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:15 pm

:D Well I was surprised to see it on the LJ community. You might want to join garagesalejapan on LJ. It's where I get some of my anime stuff from time to time, usually for pretty cheap. It's hit and miss, but worth it when you find stuff.

I actually try to avoid ebay for most anime stuff... I don't want to risk dealing with bootlegs. Although, I need to find the other bootleg Simoun disc that I don't have XD
Chibi Rachy
Chibi Rachy

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:12 am

Chibi Rachy wrote::D Well I was surprised to see it on the LJ community. You might want to join garagesalejapan on LJ. It's where I get some of my anime stuff from time to time, usually for pretty cheap. It's hit and miss, but worth it when you find stuff.

I actually try to avoid ebay for most anime stuff... I don't want to risk dealing with bootlegs. Although, I need to find the other bootleg Simoun disc that I don't have XD

Hit and miss? Doesn't matter to me, I'm into a shitload of anime/manga series, so something will pop up to tickle my fancy. Thanks, Rach, I'll look into it! :3

XD For Simoun on Ebay, I'm desperately searching for any completed resin kits. Unfortunately they never pop up and when they do, they cost as much as a PS3 and an Xbox 360 combined. ^^; Yahoo Japan owns you Ebay, they OWN you.

Back to Strawberry Panic!, is ANYONE annoyed by Tamao? I find her creepy...
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Chaglette Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:46 am

Tamao to me just want to have a cute friend/pet/best friend like Nagisa.It's stated by Tamao in a certain episode that she has been alone ever since she entered Miator until Nagisa entered. So it's not surprising that she started to develop feelings for Nagisa ;P I wanna read the SP light novel XD
Chaglette
Chaglette
Archmeister of Fujinoism
Archmeister of Fujinoism

Bubuzuke points : 4959
Armitage GUTS!!! : 1293

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:45 pm

Chie-sama wrote:Tamao to me just want to have a cute friend/pet/best friend like Nagisa.It's stated by Tamao in a certain episode that she has been alone ever since she entered Miator until Nagisa entered. So it's not surprising that she started to develop feelings for Nagisa

That could explain why she's so attached to Nagisa. In that sense, Tamao is okay with me. :)

Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Konaxookami Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:06 pm

Tamao annoys me in the way that a boy who can tell a girl doesn't want a romantic relationship but still goes for it sort of way. It's pretty clear that Nagisa is interested in Shizuma-and Tamao just doesn't seem to get it or or chooses to ignore it until the final moments of the series when she's sorta forced to accept it. Which made me feel slightly bad for her, but it doesn't bug that badly since she had to chance to back off a while before that.
Konaxookami
Konaxookami
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:11 pm

Konaxookami wrote:Tamao annoys me in the way that a boy who can tell a girl doesn't want a romantic relationship but still goes for it sort of way. It's pretty clear that Nagisa is interested in Shizuma-and Tamao just doesn't seem to get it or or chooses to ignore it until the final moments of the series when she's sorta forced to accept it. Which made me feel slightly bad for her, but it doesn't bug that badly since she had to chance to back off a while before that.

*POINTS*

BINGO! That's exactly why Tamao annoys me. Thank you, Kona-chan. Despite flaws the characters have within the Strawberry Panic! universe, they all deserve happiness with a significant other even Tamao. She just bugs me and even reminds me of someone I knew who couldn't understand I had a girlfriend. ^^;

Off-topic, congrats on your 500th post! You is nao a Coral student. :3

Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next