Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bandai Natsuki: More cold than the Original?

+3
Midori Sugiura99
RedEyedWolf
Luu Sky Sapphire
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Bandai Natsuki: More cold than the Original? - Page 2 Empty Re: Bandai Natsuki: More cold than the Original?

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Wed Sep 15, 2010 1:08 pm

Not surprised to see more fans of the dub (in some way) these days. Many fans, including myself, appreciate it more now. During a conversation with someone on Crunchyroll, he said the series would have a fantastic dub in the hands of FUNimation. Could be possible. Let FUNimation work a miracle with Sailor Moon first, then maybe I can trust them with Mai-HiME/Otome. Not that it will happen, but it's an interesting though.

Anyway, about Natsuki's V/A in real life. To me, Cheryl did her best with the role. I'll need to track down these V/As one by one and get an interview with them, and I will. Whether you loved the Bandai V/As or hated them, they're entertaining. Their performances (the good and the bad) are like professional wrestling gimmicks. They're either parodies of the original characters or an exaggerated extension of the original character's personality.

One question Highman, what did you think of Nao's V/A? She's the only one I've heard/read praise from the purists who prefer and only prefer the Japanese original.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Bubuzuke points : 42532
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2524

http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Bandai Natsuki: More cold than the Original? - Page 2 Empty Re: Bandai Natsuki: More cold than the Original?

Post by Highman Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:17 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:Not surprised to see more fans of the dub (in some way) these days. Many fans, including myself, appreciate it more now. During a conversation with someone on Crunchyroll, he said the series would have a fantastic dub in the hands of FUNimation. Could be possible. Let FUNimation work a miracle with Sailor Moon first, then maybe I can trust them with Mai-HiME/Otome. Not that it will happen, but it's an interesting though.

Anyway, about Natsuki's V/A in real life. To me, Cheryl did her best with the role. I'll need to track down these V/As one by one and get an interview with them, and I will. Whether you loved the Bandai V/As or hated them, they're entertaining. Their performances (the good and the bad) are like professional wrestling gimmicks. They're either parodies of the original characters or an exaggerated extension of the original character's personality.

One question Highman, what did you think of Nao's V/A? She's the only one I've heard/read praise from the purists who prefer and only prefer the Japanese original.

Yeah I kinda like Nao's VA in HiME, but her seiyuu is godtier and still today it is. But I would like New Generation or NYAV to do it. Plus regarding on Bluewater studios they are part with Ocean Group and I can tell you that they are privately workers because they are part some crappy guild union they work with. But I'm hoping they'll do work out of Canada soon, because these VA's have potential to kick ass and take the whole world by storm.

On about Funi's part they are trying to get a new sponsorship and distribution group for next year, so we may have something good soon.
Highman
Highman
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 634
Armitage GUTS!!! : 113

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2