Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bandai Natsuki: More cold than the Original?

+3
Midori Sugiura99
RedEyedWolf
Luu Sky Sapphire
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Bandai Natsuki: More cold than the Original? Empty Bandai Natsuki: More cold than the Original?

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Fri Sep 03, 2010 2:14 am

Dontsneakuponpeople. XDDDDDD

I was watching my old comparison videos again and I noticed Natsuki is a lot more ice-like in Bandai English dub. Watch the video again, there's a part where she gives her thoughts on what might of happened to Miyu and Alyssa. The differences:

Japanese original: "The whereabouts of those two are unknown. But, seeing how Searrs' army is gone, they're probably...

English Dub: "It seems nobody knows what happened to them. But, considering that the Searrs troops were completely wiped out by the blast, I'd say there wasn't much hope for them.

^_^ Think she sounded a bit cruel in the dub? Or is this one of the rare moments where Cheryl completely outclassed Saeko by taking Natsuki's bad ass nature to the next level?

👅
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Bubuzuke points : 42532
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2524

http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Bandai Natsuki: More cold than the Original? Empty Re: Bandai Natsuki: More cold than the Original?

Post by RedEyedWolf Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:22 am

holy crap! you're right! she's all bitch in english! it must be that lesbian voice of her's!
RedEyedWolf
RedEyedWolf
Coral student
Coral student

Bubuzuke points : 965
Armitage GUTS!!! : 408

Back to top Go down

Bandai Natsuki: More cold than the Original? Empty Re: Bandai Natsuki: More cold than the Original?

Post by Guest Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:33 am

She's just cranky, those biker shorts must have rode up.

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:49 am

I expect this kind of sandy vagina behavior from Tomoe, but Natsuki!? Cheryl really made her sound like a cynical cast member from The L Word. I'm gonna track her down and interview her one day. We need answers. X3
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by RedEyedWolf Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:21 pm

hey.... i love "the L word"!!!!!!
RedEyedWolf
RedEyedWolf
Coral student
Coral student

Bubuzuke points : 965
Armitage GUTS!!! : 408

Back to top Go down

Post by Midori Sugiura99 Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:28 pm

She does seem a lot more cold in the dubbed version.

Also in Japanese language, not saying obvious things is kinda a nuance to the language. For example, say someone asks you go out and do something with them, but you already have plans. Its rude to just say, "I can't, I'm busy." You say something more like, "Well today is a little..." And you trail off, you don't actually say you're busy. Yay, Japanese language quirks.

Natsuki being more forward and brash does make her look more cold.

Or maybe her biker shorts are just riding up.
Midori Sugiura99
Midori Sugiura99
Asami Hikaru aka Komu
Asami Hikaru aka Komu

Bubuzuke points : 4714
Armitage GUTS!!! : 913

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:30 pm

Midori Sugiura99 wrote:

Or maybe her biker shorts are just riding up.

Yes.

Back to top Go down

Post by Midori Sugiura99 Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:32 pm

Okay, then. Mystery solved XD
Midori Sugiura99
Midori Sugiura99
Asami Hikaru aka Komu
Asami Hikaru aka Komu

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:39 pm

Good explanation, Midori. The Japanese way of speaking is a lot more polite in that sense. It may seem dishonest to many people now that I think about it. Cheryl's performance did make Natsuki sounds more bad ass, Saeko's original performance is the way to go if you're taking this seriously. Nowhere near episode 22 and up where Natsuki becomes more compassionate, but she wasn't the cynical type before that.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Konaxookami Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:39 pm

Well, even in Japan, Natsuki had a sort of impolite way of speaking. One of my camps pals who was learning Japanese watched an episode with me, and apparently, Natsuki isn't very polite in her speech manner or when addressing people. So, maybe the translators actually tried to transfer that sort of feeling to our US Natsuki by making her a bit colder and harsher, since our language doesn't really allow for all that much proper speech. Our language is so impolite it's awful xD Everywhere else is so polite, and when they learn English and I hear them speak it, they're always so polite and formal! It's a bit scary to realize we have a lax language, so mabye that's why she comes off more cruel and cold.
Konaxookami
Konaxookami
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Bubuzuke points : 2209
Armitage GUTS!!! : 803
Location : Somewhere between the Furthest Ring and the Hall of Justice

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Sat Sep 04, 2010 1:43 pm

You're right about that Kona. During my trips to Europe, those who spoke English did it in such a polite fashion. Except in Italy when the Italian guys hit on my ex. XD They were saying some rude stuff in English. Aside from that, other countries seem to be formal with their speech.

Maybe Bandai wanted to build on Natsuki's manner of speaking so it matches Ol' Glory's way of being rude. America is a rude country (some would say France is worse, I don't think so. Everyone who tended to me in Paris were really considerate of me.).
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Krystal of Nol Sun Sep 05, 2010 7:26 pm

Well they say American people are kinda cold, at least compared with us (chilean), and considering Natsuki's cold personality, perhaps the dubbing just wanted to emphasize that.

But tell me Luu, did you just think I won't notice the part about Akane here? Why not cut the video sooner XD
Krystal of Nol
Krystal of Nol
ShizNat Queen: cuz is never enough ShizNat!

Bubuzuke points : 1967
Armitage GUTS!!! : 737

http://krystal-of-nol.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Mon Sep 06, 2010 5:46 pm

Krystal of Nol wrote:But tell me Luu, did you just think I won't notice the part about Akane here? Why not cut the video sooner XD[/color]

Razz Why Krystal-sama, I have no idea what you mean...
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Krystal of Nol Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:41 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote: Razz Why Krystal-sama, I have no idea what you mean...

I bet you don't XD
Krystal of Nol
Krystal of Nol

Bubuzuke points : 1967
Armitage GUTS!!! : 737

http://krystal-of-nol.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by SpiderNeKoHiME Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:00 pm

you're so right my prince, kuga-san sounds like a heartless bitch o.o;
me likey :twisted: she's still nowhere near Nao's level. <333333333
SpiderNeKoHiME
SpiderNeKoHiME
Spider Queen
Spider Queen

Bubuzuke points : 1353
Armitage GUTS!!! : 278

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:01 pm

Though I've noticed Kuga sounds cold in every language xD

Back to top Go down

Post by SpiderNeKoHiME Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:03 pm

even in german, hollowed-san? :3
SpiderNeKoHiME
SpiderNeKoHiME
Spider Queen
Spider Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:11 pm

Hmm, well I think she sounds colder in English than in German, but that just might be a bad dub I listened too xD

Back to top Go down

Post by SpiderNeKoHiME Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:20 pm

x3 must listen to that dub!
maria-sama (kino) can help me, she's a German!
o_o she and luis said the german dub was really bad.
videos anyone?
SpiderNeKoHiME
SpiderNeKoHiME
Spider Queen
Spider Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Midori Sugiura99 Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:02 pm

Yeeeah, I totally want to see the German dub XD I don't know how it could be worse than the English.
Midori Sugiura99
Midori Sugiura99
Asami Hikaru aka Komu
Asami Hikaru aka Komu

Back to top Go down

Post by Konaxookami Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:30 pm

Well, don't say anything 'till we've seen it Midori! xD I know things can be BAD-even if you think you've seen the worst. There will always be something worse-you just hope you don't find it. xD
Konaxookami
Konaxookami
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Bubuzuke points : 2209
Armitage GUTS!!! : 803
Location : Somewhere between the Furthest Ring and the Hall of Justice

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Thu Sep 09, 2010 12:18 pm

I believe Kino-chan uploaded a clip from the German dub a while back, can't seem to find it. XD You know what I'd like to listen to? A Spanish dub. My language. With so many Spanish subtitled Mai-HiME/Otome episodes scurrying around YouTube (btw, what's up with You Tube sticking their logo on every video now?!) , I expect to find an official dub someday.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by SpiderNeKoHiME Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:08 pm

luu speaks Spanish all the time, it's so cute ><
i never passed my Spanish classes in junior high...
if i can hear Nao speak it maybe i'll be motivated to learn again.. >:3
SpiderNeKoHiME
SpiderNeKoHiME
Spider Queen
Spider Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:43 pm

Well, Megan, perhaps I can ask around for a Mai-HiME Spanish dub. No promises though. ^_~ Think you can accept a fandub if I can't find an official one? :D
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Highman Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:17 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:Well, Megan, perhaps I can ask around for a Mai-HiME Spanish dub. No promises though. ^_~ Think you can accept a fandub if I can't find an official one? :D

The only good dubs from the whole HiME series, were from Mai,Natsuki,Midori and Shiho. They've took themselves very seriously in HiME and through the whole Mai series. The rest just suck and they don't have any style and positives over their role except for Akane. But Natsuki voice is really cold and I was wondering she has the same mentality in real life. Those VA's are going to places soon with that kind of resumes. I don't trust Bluewater, I would like New Generation or NYAV to do the continuation of the HiME saga plus some VA's from Canada may return to reprise their roles once again.
Highman
Highman
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 634
Armitage GUTS!!! : 113

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next