Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Natsuki still cold hearted?

3 posters

Go down

Natsuki still cold hearted? Empty Natsuki still cold hearted?

Post by ShatteredHeart98 Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:06 am

I'm really sorry if this topic has already been visited before... I was just wondering if you think Natsuki Kruger is as cold as she was in HiME as Kuga? We don't see a lot of her overall in Otome, but from what we do see she still seems to be the 'tough as nails' girl who doesn't like to show her weaknesses and seems like a strict leader. I know she tends to guide around Arika alot at the beginning and sometimes shows concern for her students, but is she just doing her job as Headmistress, or does she really have a soft spot for all of the girls of Garderobe?

One example I have of her seeming to be rather cold is when she makes Arika Nina's roommate and says that it's so the pair will compete against each other.
ShatteredHeart98
ShatteredHeart98
Fuuka Academy Student
Fuuka Academy Student

Bubuzuke points : 57
Armitage GUTS!!! : 27

Back to top Go down

Natsuki still cold hearted? Empty Re: Natsuki still cold hearted?

Post by ookamidesu Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:40 am

I think you're example is not her being cold. She sees Arika and Nina to be very much like Mai and her back in her coral days. She puts them together as roommates because she thinks that they will become friendly rivals and constantly challenge one another to do better.

So to me, this is very much the example of the headmistress giving "tough love", not being cold.
ookamidesu
ookamidesu
Sexilicious Zhang-papa
Sexilicious Zhang-papa

Bubuzuke points : 8884
Armitage GUTS!!! : 1354

http://jnz5012.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:43 pm

ShatteredHeart98 wrote:One example I have of her seeming to be rather cold is when she makes Arika Nina's roommate and says that it's so the pair will compete against each other.

Remember when Arika, Juliet-Nao and the other Corals snuck into the forbidden library and found the resting place of their Otome predecessors? What Miss Maria stated about Otome having a responsibility to fight each other if some international war ever broke out. This belief was obviously drilled into Natsuki Kruger's head and she appears to firmly believe in it. Arika Yumemiya, the idealist, must of changed Kruger's views through her actions by the end of Zwei. Saving the planet TWICE. Keeping her promise that Otome can refuse to fight/kill each other and that everlasting peace is possible.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Bubuzuke points : 42532
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2524

http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by ShatteredHeart98 Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:59 pm

I see. Both of you make good points, thank you. I'm not very good at seeing a character's true personality, so for me deciding whether or not Natsuki was cold was actually affecting my fanfictions, so you've both really helped out, thanks.

Shizuru Fujino, I didn't see it way way before but it makes more sense now that she is just being tough and giving them the chance to show their true potential instead of being cold.
Rei Hino, you're also absolutely right. She would have had the same lecture when she was an Otome student, and I watched Zwei and Otome again in my free time and can see that Arika does change Kruger's mind and she even seems somewhat thankful for it at the end in her own way.

Thank you both for your answers. Hopefully this will help me write better fanfics in the future.
ShatteredHeart98
ShatteredHeart98
Fuuka Academy Student
Fuuka Academy Student

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:46 pm

ShatteredHeart98 wrote:Rei Hino, you're also absolutely right. She would have had the same lecture when she was an Otome student, and I watched Zwei and Otome again in my free time and can see that Arika does change Kruger's mind and she even seems somewhat thankful for it at the end in her own way.

There may be more clues to Natsuki's behavior in the Mai-Otome drama cds if you track them down on You Tube. Overall yes, I firmly believe she feels differently about an Otome's duties after the incident with Nagi/Nina.

ShatteredHeart98 wrote:Thank you both for your answers. Hopefully this will help me write better fanfics in the future.

That's the idea! Good luck with your stories! ^_~
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by ShatteredHeart98 Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:16 am

I'll try to find those drama CDs on Youtube. Thank you :)
ShatteredHeart98
ShatteredHeart98
Fuuka Academy Student
Fuuka Academy Student

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:48 pm

ShatteredHeart98 wrote:I'll try to find those drama CDs on Youtube. Thank you :)

(( \^o^/ You're most welcome! You may discover something you never expected before. *cough* Juliet-Nao Zhang's feelings for Natsuki *cough* ))
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by ShatteredHeart98 Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:12 am

Lol, interesting. I'll have to find that one, that's for sure.
ShatteredHeart98
ShatteredHeart98
Fuuka Academy Student
Fuuka Academy Student

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:25 pm

:D After much discussion months later, we can agree that Natsuki is more true to her position as an Otome. The one who can be examined in a negative light is Shizuru Viola, after someone brought up her sleeping with Tomoe, even though she claimed her heart belonged to Natsuki.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down